PDA

View Full Version : Possibily of a Mike Wallace-Steve Johnson switch?

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Now I most definitely do not want this to happen because I am in love with Mike Wallace and what potential he has, but seeing that he is a RFA this offseason and will want a boat load of money (I would give him as much as he wants) and seeing that Steve Johnson of the Bills who is also a good up and coming WR in this league is a UFA and will be cheaper to sign than Wallace, would it be a good idea to just let Wallace go because of our financial problems and take a chance in signing Steve Johnson? Again I do not want this to happen, but all the posts I have seen lately are about Hines and I wanna change things up a bit.

OX1947
02-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Are you on crack?

SteelBlaze1
02-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Absolutely NOT!!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Haha I said I didn't want this to happen, I was just taking a look at the FA list. I love Wallace! I said that multiple times

6RingsAndCounting
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
We would be shooting ourselves by doing this... :wink02:

Fire Arians
02-12-2012, 06:46 PM
stevie johnson = nate washington. drops galore

Buddha Bus
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
No way!

I want Randy Moss! :popcorn:

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
Why does everyone hate on Mike Wallace lol

stb_steeler
02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
No way!

I want Randy Moss! :popcorn:

I hear Luis Lipps comin back....:coffee:

Michael Vick's Dog
02-12-2012, 11:04 PM
No chance in hell. Johnson is horribly immature, takes ridiculous penalties, drops passes etc. Wallace dropped some passes down the stretch, but he doesn't hurt the team with immaturity and other stuff. The Steelers also want to keep him and I can't remember the last RFA they wanted to keep and didn't. I think Wallace will be back,

kan_t
02-13-2012, 12:24 AM
Why does everyone hate on Mike Wallace lol

It's funny that people forget how good he was in the first half of the season and in 2010-11 season. People saw that he disappeared in the second half and suddenly he was just a so-so reciever. People forget that Ben only played with one leg in the second half and the former OC still used Wallace as a deep threat nearly every play. When he's not, he was used as a bubble screen weapon.

Brown may be the better all round reciever, but Wallace is the most dangerous reciever on the team when Ben is healthy. The Steelers shouldn't let him go.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-13-2012, 01:02 AM
It's funny that people forget how good he was in the first half of the season and in 2010-11 season. People saw that he disappeared in the second half and suddenly he was just a so-so reciever. People forget that Ben only played with one leg in the second half and the former OC still used Wallace as a deep threat nearly every play. When he's not, he was used as a bubble screen weapon.

Brown may be the better all round reciever, but Wallace is the most dangerous reciever on the team when Ben is healthy. The Steelers shouldn't let him go.

Mike is the reason Brown is looking so good wait until Brown starts getting double coverage then everyone will be saying "Mike is so Great glad we did not get rid of him" lol

ebsteelers
02-13-2012, 08:48 AM
roll the tape of the drop passes.

big one against us in 2010/2011 season

and big one agains the jets this year..

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-13-2012, 09:27 AM
We would be shooting ourselves by doing this... :wink02:

But safely shooting ourselves in the leg. Wont happen

finesward
02-13-2012, 10:16 AM
stevie johnson = nate washington. drops galore

Second half of last year Wallace=nate

pittpete
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Mike is the reason Brown is looking so good wait until Brown starts getting double coverage then everyone will be saying "Mike is so Great glad we did not get rid of him" lol

Then Heath should have a field day:wink02:

Navy86
02-13-2012, 04:25 PM

Wallace really is a great diversion for Brown. I think Sanders, should he stay healthy, could maybe be the next Brown if Wallace goes. But Wallace needs to stay, no doubt. Heard they might Franchise him for about 9 mil, so that would keep Mike around for at least one more year and gives Colbert another year to work out a deal with him longterm.

But back to the thread topic, there is no way Johnson gets anywhere near this team with his attitude.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-13-2012, 04:37 PM
AGAIN I LOVE WHAT WALLACE HAS BROUGHT TO THE TEAM AND HOPES HE IS IN BLACK AND GOLD FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER! I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE FA'S NEXT AND JUST SAW THAT WALLACE WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE, BUT HE IS WORTH IT AND HAS NOT HAD ONE COSTLY DROP YET THAT I CAN REMEMBER!

Fire Arians
02-13-2012, 05:09 PM
AGAIN I LOVE WHAT WALLACE HAS BROUGHT TO THE TEAM AND HOPES HE IS IN BLACK AND GOLD FOR HIS WHOLE CAREER! I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE FA'S NEXT AND JUST SAW THAT WALLACE WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE, BUT HE IS WORTH IT AND HAS NOT HAD ONE COSTLY DROP YET THAT I CAN REMEMBER!

denver game, he dropped what would have been a big 50 yarder, hit him right in the hands too.

however, i agree that he's worth a high price tag and I hope he continues being a steeler

xbroughneck
02-13-2012, 05:20 PM

Wait...are you saying Antonio's better hands are simply going to stop being good?

I agree that the Steelers will need someone to occupy the opposing team's #1 CB, but don't disregard Brown's skill.

We know Mikes advantage is that he's so fast that he's open for short routes a lot of time. He's valuable, but he might price himself off the Steeler's roster.

Hines0wnz
02-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Yep, its definitely the NFL offseason..... :coffee:

steeltheone
02-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Wallace is not worth 9 million...As a team i think we would be better off losing him, getting a second 1st rounder and filling 2 positions of need.