PDA

View Full Version : A Beautiful Hometown

HometownGal
07-12-2006, 12:14 PM
I posted this link in the Sports forum in response to a post, but not everyone goes into that forum and I wanted to share the beauty of Pittsburgh with everyone who may have never experienced The Burgh. I remember a friend of mine several years back who asked "What does Pittsburgh look like? I picture it as a dirty old steel town". Nothing could be farther from the truth - Pittsburgh is an incredibly beautiful city and a home to be proud of! Hope you all enjoy the link below. :smile:

http://www.angel9oh7.com/pittsburgh.html

Jeremy
07-12-2006, 12:17 PM
It sure is. I love showing pictures of the skyline and the different neighborhoods to people here in Arizona. Most of them have the 70s Pittbsurgh in their heads and are amazed at how beautiful the skyline is now.

HburgXL06
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Great site! Thanks for showin us! I loved it!

BuFu

melroseplace
07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Pittsburgh really is beautiful. one of my favorite things is coming out of the Fort Pitt tunnels and just being surrounded by the city.

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 06:42 PM
There isn't a city in America that comes close to Pittsburgh in terms of that view when you exit the tunnels. It's absolutely beautiful! I had a friend in town a couple months ago who was just amazed at the city and fell in love with the view of downtown from PNC Park. Pittsburgh really is a diamond in the rough, and I'm glad so many people got to see it in all it's glory during the All-Star Game last night.

beSteelmyheart
07-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Great post!
I know exactly how you feel!
I recently was able to visit my home town(Vandergrift, PA)& my home city with my fiancee, & he couldn't believe how nice everyone was. I overheard him telling people that Pittsburgh is "Awesome" & came back with alot of pride knowing that I am from such a neat little town with a beautiful home city. My only regret is not being able to spend more time there.
Did you know that Pittsburgh is one of the 10 most beautiful places to visit in the US?
Here's a link..
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030518/030518springtravel.html
It's no wonder that many of us transplants are so homesick, can you blame us?

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
I have my doubts about any list that starts off with anywhere in Arizona.

CAH
07-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Every time I exit the Fort Pitt Tunnel, I have to hold my breath. Stunning.