PDA

View Full Version : What's YOUR Football Experience

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 04:42 PM
In loving memory of our Former Running back.. Former RB, since he enjoyed explaining his incredible football career :wink02: :wink02:

What's your football experience?

Personally, I played from fourth grade all the way through high school. I lettered varsity 3 years, played Receiver and Saftey, and a little bit of quarterback. I was thinking about playing college ball until my Senior year was cut short by my 3rd concussion of the year and 7th overall, so no more football for me!

Fire Arians
02-13-2012, 05:12 PM
i won first place in the locker room dong measuring contest

who cares if i was the 5th string running back, EVERYONE on the team had nightmares about dropping the soap in front of me. which is braggable.

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 05:13 PM

Group hug in the shower tonight

Fire Arians
02-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Group hug in the shower tonight

my arms aren't long enough to do that :wink02:

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 05:19 PM
my arms aren't long enough to do that :wink02:

Who said I planned on hugging your body :wink02:

Buddha Bus
02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Who said I planned on hugging your body :wink02:

Well this thread has certainly taken a quick turn for the worse. :sofunny:

I'll throw some music on for you 2 and give you some privacy.

AO43p2Wqc08

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Well this thread has certainly taken a quick turn for the worse. :sofunny:

I'll throw some music on for you 2 and give you some privacy.

AO43p2Wqc08

hahahaha, i'll let this thread get back to it's original purpose :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
02-13-2012, 05:38 PM
geesh...way to gay the place up...:doh: ...not that there's anything wrong with that..:uhh:

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 05:41 PM
geesh...way to gay the place up...:doh: ...not that there's anything wrong with that..:uhh:

Sorry, been watching too much queer eye for the straight guy and listening to Ricky Martin.

stb_steeler
02-13-2012, 05:49 PM

Goes to show ya, u really cant judge the apple from orange.... :wink02:

stb_steeler
02-13-2012, 05:51 PM

who cares if i was the 5th string running back, EVERYONE on the team had nightmares about dropping the soap in front of me. which is braggable.

Sounds like you have issues Rambone! :rofl:

6RingsAndCounting
02-13-2012, 05:53 PM
Sounds like you have issues Rambone! :rofl:

I bet Former RB would have had him beat!:thumbsup:

stb_steeler
02-13-2012, 05:58 PM
I bet Former RB would have had him beat!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, no one has it like he does.......:doh:

Whodis
02-14-2012, 07:36 AM
Is this forum limited to the guys that try to wear their varsity jackets, from 10 yrs ago to the local high school games?

I never played football, but I watch a lot of it. Does my ice hockey experience count for anything???? My semi-pro experience makes me feel like I have an edge here!

6RingsAndCounting
02-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Is this forum limited to the guys that try to wear their varsity jackets, from 10 yrs ago to the local high school games?

I never played football, but I watch a lot of it. Does my ice hockey experience count for anything???? My semi-pro experience makes me feel like I have an edge here!

I love the alumni who show up to every game and act like it's the red carpet, yet they work in the Family Dollar down the street from the school. :chuckle:

Bayz101
02-14-2012, 08:59 PM
Currently starting QB at Mansfield Senior High.

IowaSteeler927
02-15-2012, 05:21 AM
LIttle bit of LB and LG in Middle School, then I played at DT and LDE in High School. The only offense I saw in High School was on the scout team. Played some HB there, managed to completely truck one of our starting linebackers one day on the scout team and got the scout team player of the week award. I just lowered my head and ran the guy over, guess I hit him hard enough to put him on his back. I remember my coach was extremely pleased right after the hit. Loved football then and I'm probably borderline obsessed with it now (Okay I am obsessed). I wasn't a stranger to concussions either. Got completely leveled in practice one day by our starting LT (who was a beast). They ran a pitch to my side and I didn't see the tackle pulling until it was too late. Ended up with what my doctor called a Level 2 Concussion.

Needless to say, could've gone pro straight outta high school but I decided to join the middle class working world.

Fire Arians
02-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Personally, I played from fourth grade all the way through high school. I lettered varsity 3 years, played Receiver and Saftey, and a little bit of quarterback. I was thinking about playing college ball until my Senior year was cut short by my 3rd concussion of the year and 7th overall, so no more football for me!

haha crazy, I actually played from 4th grade and same positions also, including playing qb on some formations. Usually in short-yardage/running situations, my passing accuracy was shit, but I was much faster than the other 2 quarterbacks.

got a couple offers from small colleges to play safety, but I was realistica about where I thought I'd end up, and didn't see a future in football. I was too small to play at any level past college (175 at the time), besides the thought of going to school for 4 more years made me want to vomit. So I was one of the guys who went military right after HS.

6RingsAndCounting
02-15-2012, 02:06 PM
haha crazy, I actually played from 4th grade and same positions also, including playing qb on some formations. Usually in short-yardage/running situations, my passing accuracy was shit, but I was much faster than the other 2 quarterbacks.

got a couple offers from small colleges to play safety, but I was realistica about where I thought I'd end up, and didn't see a future in football. I was too small to play at any level past college (175 at the time), besides the thought of going to school for 4 more years made me want to vomit. So I was one of the guys who went military right after HS.
I find no point in division 3 football. I would have no motivation to play saturday afternoon games in front of 30 people

Fire Arians
02-15-2012, 02:22 PM
I find no point in division 3 football. I would have no motivation to play saturday afternoon games in front of 30 people

pretty much, couldn't get excited about that, and another 4 years of school haha.

6RingsAndCounting
02-15-2012, 06:30 PM
pretty much, couldn't get excited about that, and another 4 years of school haha.

I can deal with the schooling, but I'm young and it's a different time, back then, I probably would have thought the same thing as you.

Bayz101
02-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, division 2 Grand Valley St. came to one of my home game's this season, and they expressed interest in me at the QB position, my main position. They also signed my Senior Running Back Terrell Dorsey. He's a monster, and i'd like to play with him in a couple years. As for Grand Valley St, they're probably the best D2 school in the country, and as close to D1 as you can get.