PDA

View Full Version : awful 80's movies i cant stop watching like a car accident

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Chances Are- AWFUL movie with Robert Downey Jr, Cybill Sheppard, and Ryan frickin O'Neal. i have NO idea why i cant not watch it when its on. im ashamed really.

Blame It on Rio - enough said. the awful music. awful acting. any movie with Joseph Bolgna is going to be bad, you just know it. and the semi - pedophiliatic story kind of makes want to take a sower after. But i cant help watching.

Falcon and the Snowman - Sean Penn does play a great cokehead. But all the kinda politico- rationalizing of Timothy Huttons "motives" is kinda nauseating.

One Crazy Summer - I watched parts of it being filmed on Cape Cod during the last year i lived there. But Bobcat Goldweit, the other fat guy, Curtis Armstrong. they were so bad and not funny. Demi Moores worst film. John Cusacks too.

St Elmos Fire- at the time it reminded me of my HS friends so i couldnt stop watching it.
but it is so awful it needs a bigger word. AAAWWWWWWWFFUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Ally Sheedy sucked. Judd Nelson sucked. Rob Lowe sucked. nothing was funny. nothing was dramatic. they were just awful people. St Awfuls Fire

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:03 PM
why no mention of the brat club or the corys

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
why no mention of the brat club or the corys

St Elmos was the brat club. and i never made it through a Corey movie

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:07 PM
I watched a movie this weekend. I cant remeber what its called. But it was about a dad whos plane was shot down over the middle east and his son goes and saves him. it was iron something

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Iron Eagle. awwwful. but i can avoid it. its not like a car accident

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
I laughed my way through it

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
"pink flamingo" with divine. (awful movie about the sickest, most disgusting family in america.

"earth girls are easy" great cast - jeff goldbloom, jim carrey, damon wayans, julie brown, and geena davis is freaking gorgeous. the movie really aint all that bad, i just cant figure out how it ever got produced

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Weird Science - Anthony Michael Hall and his nerdy friend whose name escapes me develops the perfect woman...who ends up helping them steal the jocks' girlfriends when a bunch of savages crash their party. A heartwarming, yet mindboggingly stupid movie.
Real Genius - I actually own this one, it's Val Kilmer's first movie. Hey, I think it's good - LOL
My Science Project - horrible movie about some high school kids who develop a time machine, and much craziness erupted...haven't seen it in years but I watched it every time it was on.

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 01:46 PM
"pink flamingo" with divine. (awful movie about the sickest, most disgusting family in america.

Would you believe that a friend of mine actually bought me this movie for my birthday a few years ago...and that I still have it? I still haven't figured out how the hell I managed to watch it from beginning to end without wanting to slit my wrists.

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Would you believe that a friend of mine actually bought me this movie for my birthday a few years ago...and that I still have it? I still haven't figured out how the hell I managed to watch it from beginning to end without wanting to slit my wrists.
what a friend

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Berry Gordy's The Last Dragon
It is soooo bad...but touches a part of my twisted humor:sly:

Big Trouble in Little China
Not sure if Kurt Russell was told to play the role has a "John Wayne meets Adam West" but it came off as just BAAAD...(cant wait until they show it again:bouncy: )

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Would you believe that a friend of mine actually bought me this movie for my birthday a few years ago...and that I still have it? I still haven't figured out how the hell I managed to watch it from beginning to end without wanting to slit my wrists.definitely an odd movie to own. unfortunately i only have a recorded copy on vhs :cool:

wierd science was one of my all time favorites. at one point i knew that whole movie line for line. kelly lebrock was so hot back then.

Big D
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
what about freaky friday

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Im sorry but Weird Science cannot qualify for this list because it was a very funny movie!!

im loking for movies that SUCKED, and you know it SUCKS, but you cant stop watching it.

any Gene Wilder movie after the classics Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein immediatly qualify.

The Woman in Red is a PERFECT example. I mean, any movie with Gene Wilder AND Joseph Bologna has to suck shit. and that embarrassing Stevie Wonder music?? its embarrassing to watch. But i have to.

How about any movie with Robby Benson as a whiny son. "Tribute" with Jack Lemmon or "Harry and Son" with Paul Newman come to mind. I HAVE to watch even though its making me ill.

Any Marsha Mason movie. She is AWFUL!!!! most Neil Simon or Blake Edwards movies qualify. How about "10" other than Dudley Moore after his dentist appt, there is nothing funny, but i cant stop watching it.

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 04:41 PM
oooohhh. "the woman in red".

2 beautiful scenes wrapped in an hour and half of crap. (yet i watch just to see those scenes) wait... 3 scenes. kelley la brock is cute in the little bo peep outfit near the end.

the marylin monroe scene over the street vent, and the final bedroom scene at the end.

rocky V

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
c'mon Rocky 4 was as bad as 5. "if he dies...he dies..."

do they EVER explain how he beats the Russian?? No!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have to watch every time though just to see Apollo get killed.

THROW THE DAMN TOWEL!!!!!!!!!!! he screams like the black cook on the 3 stooges
"dinner cancelled on account of rain"

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 04:50 PM
i'll give you rocky IV if you give me police academy III- V (if there was a 6 i wont bother) 2 was still pretty funny.

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:53 PM
you got it. after the first 2 PA movies, which were CLASSICS by the way, 3 and onward were just horrible.

How about "Moving Violations" which was so bad bad they couldnt even get real stars, just their siblings. Jon Murray instead of Bill. James Keach instead of Stacey. Jennifer Tilly instead, instead of Meg, who, at the time, was more famous because of the Big Chill.

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:54 PM
although Moving Violations did give us one great line

"its like i say, when the going gets tough, the tough get going..in their pants"

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
i dont think ive seen that one. must not have. didnt know stacey keach had a brother. theres a movie out there that i cant think of that i hate so bad i gotta watch anytime i see it just to revel in how bad it sucks and how much i hate it. i figure one day i may get it. its been a few years and im drawing a blank. its killing me. :dang:

Ambridge
07-12-2006, 06:03 PM
wierd science was one of my all time favorites. at one point i knew that whole movie line for line. kelly lebrock was so hot back then.

http://www.kutha.com/weirdscience/pictures/images/blob.jpg

A perfect opportunity for another obligatory picture of "Chet the Shit Blob" from Wierd Science.

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 06:08 PM
http://www.kutha.com/weirdscience/pictures/images/blob.jpg

A perfect opportunity for another obligatory picture of "Chet the Shit Blob" from Wierd Science.what? no picture of his elephant testicles? :sofunny:

"youre stewed, buttwad"

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Im sorry but Weird Science cannot qualify for this list because it was a very funny movie!!

im loking for movies that SUCKED, and you know it SUCKS, but you cant stop watching it.

any Gene Wilder movie after the classics Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein immediatly qualify.

The Woman in Red is a PERFECT example. I mean, any movie with Gene Wilder AND Joseph Bologna has to suck shit. and that embarrassing Stevie Wonder music?? its embarrassing to watch. But i have to.

How about any movie with Robby Benson as a whiny son. "Tribute" with Jack Lemmon or "Harry and Son" with Paul Newman come to mind. I HAVE to watch even though its making me ill.

Any Marsha Mason movie. She is AWFUL!!!! most Neil Simon or Blake Edwards movies qualify. How about "10" other than Dudley Moore after his dentist appt, there is nothing funny, but i cant stop watching it.

OK, I'll give you Weird Science not being that bad and funny...but it still didn't exactly have A-list acting!

The Woman in Red was just awful...if MST3000 were still around, that would be a perfect movie to riff on.

And I'm probably the only ones who actually liked Moving Violations...sure it's bad but when it's on, I'm tuning in every time.

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 06:25 PM
ooooooh, just thought of a great one
Mystic Pizza!!!!!!

just have to watch it even though i HATE every character in the movie accept maybe Lily Taylor and her boyfriend.

in fact, Julia Roberts has done a bunch of them. but now we'd be into the 90's and i want to keep this about the 80's

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Damn, how can we talk about horrible 80s movies that we had to watch without mentioning Howard The Duck? Lea Thompson has made plenty of bad movies in her career, but this one is probably at the top of the list. It's one of those movies where you're actively rooting for the bad guys, even though lame doesn't even come close to describing them. Dark Overlords of the Universe? Puh-leeze!! A true stinkburger if there ever was one.

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
How about those putrid Michael J Fox movies like Secret of My Success?!?!

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Dirty Dancing: every character should die. But i watch it. i never understood why Patrick Swayze would go for that mousy runt Jennifer Grey instead of the foxy blond dancer.

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 07:19 AM
definitely an odd movie to own. unfortunately i only have a recorded copy on vhs :cool:

"have you ever?"
"never"

Big D
07-13-2006, 07:41 AM
Dirty Dancing: every character should die. But i watch it. i never understood why Patrick Swayze would go for that mousy runt Jennifer Grey instead of the foxy blond dancer.
dont ever put baby in the corner

ARKIESTEEL
07-13-2006, 07:53 AM
No body said Red Dawn

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
dont ever put baby in the corner

:bouncy: :sofunny: :bouncy: :sofunny: :bouncy: :sofunny:
the worst line in movie history.

you could do a MST3000 on Dirty Dancing. so much to rank on. that idiot father.

how about Jack Weston singing at the end. or that awful last dance number. at least the other music in the movie kind of fit the time frame. How does "the time of my life" or "i never felt like this way before" or whatever the **** its called tie in to the early 60's???

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:38 AM

how about Jack Weston singing at the end. or that awful last dance number. at least the other music in the movie kind of fit the time frame. How does "the time of my life" or "i never felt like this way before" or whatever the **** its called tie in to the early 60's???
and i had the time of my life. I've never felt like this before

X-Terminator
07-13-2006, 08:39 AM

It doesn't, obviously. I still consider that one of the most unwatchable movies ever - I'd rather have dental surgery without anesthesia than watch that movie. Ugh!

Since we're on the subject of Patrick Swayze movies, how about his very unconvincing role as the "bad ass bar bouncer" in Road House? Does anyone look at him and say "yeah, that guy's a bad ass?" Hell, I would have kicked his scrawny ass! The only reason to watch that movie was to see him rip people's throats out.

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:42 AM
It doesn't, obviously. I still consider that one of the most unwatchable movies ever - I'd rather have dental surgery without anesthesia than watch that movie. Ugh!

Since we're on the subject of Patrick Swayze movies, how about his very unconvincing role as the "bad ass bar bouncer" in Road House? Does anyone look at him and say "yeah, that guy's a bad ass?" Hell, I would have kicked his scrawny ass! The only reason to watch that movie was to see him rip people's throats out.
One the dirty dancing my wife is a huge dancer. I have to watch this crap at least one a month.

and on road house. I was at a bar in apri that i swear to god this movie was based on

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 08:46 AM

I was never able to sit through Road House so it doesnt qualify on my list.

And "Ghost" would but its a 90's movie

the best thing Patrick Swayze did was his Chip 'n Dale skit with Chris Farley

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
how about the scene is dirty dancing with jennifer greys sister. and that god awful song she sings.

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 08:50 AM
"An Officer and a Gentleman"!!! 1983?

anyway, Richard "gerbil" Gere. such a tough guy

"I got nowhere else to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!" boohooo

and that BITCH! who told the guy she was pregnant??!?! a movie i always watch while hating it. by the end, i agree with what David Keith did. If i was trapped in that movie, id hang myself too.

"Terms of Endearment" Shirley McClaine. 'nuff said

"get my daughter her medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Debra Winger was the lucky one in the movie. she died.

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
how about the scene is dirty dancing with jennifer greys sister. and that god awful song she sings.

but id rather bone her than Jennifer Grey!

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
so who is going to be the first one to start the awful 90's movies. I would put titanic or she's all that right up there

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:53 AM
but id rather bone her than Jennifer Grey!
jennifer grey is kinda a butter face though. Shes put an american flag over her face and sing the national anthem as you are giving it to her

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:58 AM
not trying to get off the topic but speaking of the 80's had anyone seen how hot punky brewster is these days

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
jennifer grey is kinda a butter face though. Shes put an american flag over her face and sing the national anthem as you are giving it to her

Sarah Jessica Parker is another butterface.

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 09:02 AM
not trying to get off the topic but speaking of the 80's had anyone seen how hot punky brewster is these days

oooooooooo yeah! this is true. very hot. Punky was 80's so i guess it counts

Big D
07-13-2006, 09:03 AM
Sarah Jessica Parker is another butterface.
totaly agreed! even though she can look hot sometimes.

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 09:07 AM
The Big Chill

at the time a pretty good movie. But it has not aged well at all. NOW, all those people should be tortured and shot. whiners.

Big D
07-13-2006, 09:08 AM
another hottie. way off topic here is rachel mcadams. wow