PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to be nice...

section514
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM
http://www.steelernation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6352

Big D
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
so do i even want to go back and see what happen yesterday

CantStop85
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
You could always bury yourself 6' deep
:sofunny:

section514
07-12-2006, 02:31 PM
im just goin to keep goin back

CantStop85
07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
Why is it so hard for Steeler fans to get along?

83-Steelers-43
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Guess it's better the fans and not the players........

Big D
07-12-2006, 02:56 PM
no doubt. the last thing we need to do is act like browns,eagles or raider fans

slashsteel
07-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Stay away from debating there. they like to gang FNG's on occasion.

section514
07-12-2006, 03:42 PM
i love how they think they are getting to me, i'm just fuelin the fire now...if it gets them off to harass new people when we have a whole forum devoted to newbies, fine with me, I like it here the best!

Big D
07-12-2006, 03:44 PM
i love how they think they are getting to me, i'm just fuelin the fire now...if it gets them off to harass new people when we have a whole forum devoted to newbies, fine with me, I like it here the best!
me 2. I looked around there today and thought about joining. but this site is set up so much better

CantStop85
07-12-2006, 04:40 PM
They don't even have a blast furnace. What's up with that?

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:43 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

SteelerFanInCA
07-12-2006, 05:54 PM
I don't think you are going to find a better site than this one. Best site on the planet. :globe:

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I do not understand why, if this site is the best and he likes it here the best, then why would he ever go there.

Kind of stupid if you ask me. Sounds like he really wants to be a part of that site and he is talking out both sides of his mouth. That way, if he gets dumped, he still has some place to play and can return a hero.

What reason could you have? It is not like that board was faltering before he found it.

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I do not understand why, if this site is the best and he likes it here the best, then why would he ever go there.

Kind of stupid if you ask me. Sounds like he really wants to be a part of that site and he is talking out both sides of his mouth. That way, if he gets dumped, he still has some place to play and can return a hero.

What reason could you have? It is not like that board was faltering before he found it. wow. if you've noted roses being tossed and a hero's welcome, all i can do is LMAO!

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 06:36 PM
wow. if you've noted roses being tossed and a hero's welcome, all i can do is LMAO!

Don't know "roses", but feel free to give me an explanation why someone would go to all the trouble to register at one board, post, and then go back to another board (same teams) and talk about them?

Just trying to start issues. :boxing:

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Don't know "roses", but feel free to give me an explanation why someone would go to all the trouble to register at one board, post, and then go back to another board (same teams) and talk about them?

Just trying to start issues. :boxing:oh, i agree.

but dont make it like hes gonna receive a heros welcome at this board just cause he claims it as his.

now feel free to give an explanation of whether you just joined here to hunt him down, and be the legendary marksman "trollkiller", or (insert any other reason that is probably false here).

im sure our new resident poster has probably realized it was a futile mistake to try to join and flame over there, and that most posters would rather have him dead than as a member.

either way, i've said my piece. i'll let the 2 of you resolve your issues.

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 06:58 PM
oh, i agree.

but dont make it like hes gonna receive a heros welcome at this board just cause he claims it as his.

now feel free to give an explanation of whether you just joined here to hunt him down, and be the legendary marksman "trollkiller", or (insert any other reason that is probably false here).

im sure our new resident poster has probably realized it was a futile mistake to try to join and flame over there, and that most posters would rather have him dead than as a member.

either way, i've said my piece. i'll let the 2 of you resolve your issues.

I really could care less if someone kills the troll. My issue is that I feel this is a subversive way to get a board war going and I do not feel that any board war is in the best interest of either site.

This site is fine. It has members here who like it here. Then keep on keeping on. If someone here, like CAH, enjoys both boards, so be it. That is their choice as well. I would not even ask which they liked better, because it does not matter. They see enough value in both to post at both. Now, my whole interest in this is to stop anything before it starts. I know some of the guys at Steeler Nation. I understand how well they can troll and the extents they go to when they feel like being *******s. Why get it started? I am sure this board has some guys that do it as well. Well, I do not want my front yard (or yours) filled with garbage because someone rode down the street and threw something in both yards, and before we talked, we just dumped our garbage.

It is easier to stop it now. Just squash it. If he prefers it here, stay here. If he wants to post on both, do it. No need to report it back here. Just do not incite the war.

That is my point.

section514
07-12-2006, 07:37 PM
the difference there is that I went over there to seek information b.c people that I have talked to said that they didn't like steelernation and or left steelernation bc they couldn't stand it any more, so I went over to ask why, and everyone jumped my ass...I said I was sorry for starting shit, and yet they still jump my ass, I try to act like nothing happened, and they still jump my ass. I had a little run in with Tony, but I let that go and now I don't have anything against tony.

SteelerNation can't seem to let anything go.

silver & black
07-12-2006, 07:41 PM
no doubt. the last thing we need to do is act like browns,eagles or raider fans
Just for shits and giggles... how do Raider fans act?

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 07:48 PM
the difference there is that I went over there to seek information b.c people that I have talked to said that they didn't like steelernation and or left steelernation bc they couldn't stand it any more, so I went over to ask why, and everyone jumped my ass...I said I was sorry for starting shit, and yet they still jump my ass, I try to act like nothing happened, and they still jump my ass. I had a little run in with Tony, but I let that go and now I don't have anything against tony.

Wait a minute. Let me get this straight. You talked with some people that stated they could not stand Steeler Nation. Instead of asking those people why (people whom you already had a relationship), you decided to take it upon yourself and go to an unknown board in search of information. And, they treated you a little rough. Now, they continue to treat you a little rough.

I think I can help. The people you talked to probably do not like Steeler Nation because they treat people a little rough and jump their ass when they feel like it. So, those people left.

Now you have your information. Problem solved. If you like getting your ass jumped, continue to go there. If not, stay here. Just quite trying to drag crap back and forth. It is childish.

And, I am very happy that you and "tony' have built a relationship.

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
I really could care less if someone kills the troll. My issue is that I feel this is a subversive way to get a board war going and I do not feel that any board war is in the best interest of either site.

This site is fine. It has members here who like it here. Then keep on keeping on. If someone here, like CAH, enjoys both boards, so be it. That is their choice as well. I would not even ask which they liked better, because it does not matter. They see enough value in both to post at both. Now, my whole interest in this is to stop anything before it starts. I know some of the guys at Steeler Nation. I understand how well they can troll and the extents they go to when they feel like being *******s. Why get it started? I am sure this board has some guys that do it as well. Well, I do not want my front yard (or yours) filled with garbage because someone rode down the street and threw something in both yards, and before we talked, we just dumped our garbage.

It is easier to stop it now. Just squash it. If he prefers it here, stay here. If he wants to post on both, do it. No need to report it back here. Just do not incite the war.

That is my point. i see, and definitely understand your well stated point. welcome to our fine forum.

i have looked at sections514 posts on your board and agree that his tact (or even his ambiguous reason for posting there) leaves something to be desired. if he is infact looking for a pointless flame war im sure he will find himself on horseback going against tanks. i find it unfortunate if his disturbance is reflecting on the image of a whole board (SF). but if that is the case so be it.

section514
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
ok, i ****ed up, i guess that what being bored at work does to you. I will ask the mods to delete this thread

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 08:13 PM
And, I am very happy that you and "tony' have built a relationship.

:rolleyes:

CAH
07-12-2006, 08:34 PM

Your mistake was going to SN and starting an odd thread. The best way is to read threads and reply. Eventually you could start threads once you get the lay of the land. Too much, too soon.

Now that advice comes from a poster who came here and first thing done was to start a thread saying she couldn't read the print. Have to watch who's advice you take. :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Have to watch who's advice you take. :rolleyes: i smell an insinuation here. care to clue us all in and expand?

seems like section is a lone renegade to me

CAH
07-12-2006, 09:02 PM
i smell an insinuation here. care to clue us all in and expand?

seems like section is a lone renegade to me
No insinuation. I just call it as I see it. I always say, "Listen to what people have to say and make your own decisions."

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 09:09 PM
No insinuation. I just call it as I see it. I always say, "Listen to what people have to say and make your own decisions." so how do you and those rolling eyes "see it"? or were you just spouting off?

feel free to elaborate.

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Are you people for real?! IT'S A FREAKIN' MESSAGE BOARD ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, quit taking things so personal, WTF?! Blitz has already made it clear that this doesn't go any further and yet you people push the envelope. Enough! Do you not see how ridiculous and stupid you look?! Grab a mirror!

Lyn
07-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks Cowher! :cheers:

I have never seen so many people who have the same interest in common fight like these Steeler fans do.:banging: It is shamful especally in front of all the other NFl teams represented here. The Mods have spoken and politely said shut the hell up about this garbage but it goes on and on and on and on. Get a life!

slashsteel
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Tony, I think you are reading way to much into Cah's response. Just let it go. :)

tony hipchest
07-13-2006, 12:19 AM
let what go?

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-13-2006, 05:11 AM
Are you people for real?! IT'S A FREAKIN' MESSAGE BOARD ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God, quit taking things so personal, WTF?! Blitz has already made it clear that this doesn't go any further and yet you people push the envelope. Enough! Do you not see how ridiculous and stupid you look?! Grab a mirror!

God bless ya CL...lets not forget that you guys wouldnt talk like this if you were sitting by each other at a game. Lets all get back to remembering who the true enemy is..(and they wear black and orange...and purr when they beat their rivals once out of three times in a season)
There is plenty of venom to take out on NFL tools like Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis...and NFL commentators like Boomer and Madden.
I like all of you but when I get elected President I may have to put everyone of you on my terrorist watch list..(but will pardon you before I leave office)...sooo if you have any hopes of visiting my oval office....(why does that sound dirty)...PLAY NICE!!!

Big D
07-13-2006, 08:01 AM
do we really want to go there?

floodcitygirl
07-13-2006, 08:10 AM
God bless ya CL...lets not forget that you guys wouldnt talk like this if you were sitting by each other at a game. Lets all get back to remembering who the true enemy is..(and they wear black and orange...and purr when they beat their rivals once out of three times in a season)
There is plenty of venom to take out on NFL tools like Chad Johnson and Ray Lewis...and NFL commentators like Boomer and Madden.
I like all of you but when I get elected President I may have to put everyone of you on my terrorist watch list..(but will pardon you before I leave office)...sooo if you have any hopes of visiting my oval office....(why does that sound dirty)...PLAY NICE!!!Since I nominated you for President can I be excluded from that "terrorist list" thing? :smile:

ARKIESTEEL
07-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Since I nominated you for President can I be excluded from that "terrorist list" thing? :smile:

You should be #1 on the list:blah:

3 to be 4
07-13-2006, 08:22 AM
please everybody. stop the fighting. or else the terrorists win!!

floodcitygirl
07-13-2006, 08:47 AM
You should be #1 on the list:blah:Hey Arkie...you wouldn't be trying to pick a fight with me , now would ya???:crazy01:

Livinginthe past
07-13-2006, 11:02 AM

Dont play the innocent with us S&B.

We have already exposed your 'hidden' car mounted cannons - I know you tried to make them 'cute' by using VW Beetles - but it didn't work.

Oh, and i'll need to see some hard evidence of decommisioned cutlasses before I believe that one.

Damn Raider fans...just as bad as Browns fans.

NM

silver & black
07-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Dont play the innocent with us S&B.

We have already exposed your 'hidden' car mounted cannons - I know you tried to make them 'cute' by using VW Beetles - but it didn't work.

Oh, and i'll need to see some hard evidence of decommisioned cutlasses before I believe that one.

Damn Raider fans...just as bad as Browns fans.

NM
It was a pop quiz. You seem to be the only one that was prepared for it.:smile:

You get a 90%... just for comparing Raiders fans to Browns fans!:dang:

You're just not going to buy the cutlass thing, eh?:rolleyes:

ARKIESTEEL
07-13-2006, 03:57 PM
Hey Arkie...you wouldn't be trying to pick a fight with me , now would ya???:crazy01:

You bet I am :boxing: I think if we all just have one big battle royal we will get this out of our system. Now put up your dukes and come out swinging:rolleyes:

floodcitygirl
07-13-2006, 09:11 PM
You bet I am :boxing: I think if we all just have one big battle royal we will get this out of our system. Now put up your dukes and come out swinging:rolleyes:I'd really like to Arkie, but no can do....what would that do to my reputation as the "Susie" of this board??!!!:smile: Besides, I wouldn't want to hurt ya, being a Steeler boy! :sofunny: :sofunny: Let's save it for the Bengal fans!

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 05:53 AM
I'd really like to Arkie, but no can do....what would that do to my reputation as the "Susie" of this board??!!!:smile: Besides, I wouldn't want to hurt ya, being a Steeler boy! :sofunny: :sofunny: Let's save it for the Bengal fans!

Ok I was kind of scared any way:crutches:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Ok I was kind of scared any way:crutches:

Dont be scared ...Its an all out Steelerboys vs Steelergirls battle royal...we call "shirts"!!!!!!
:rolleyes::naughty: :naughty: :rolleyes:

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 07:31 AM
Dont be scared ...Its an all out Steelerboys vs Steelergirls battle royal...we call "shirts"!!!!!!
:rolleyes::naughty: :naughty: :rolleyes:

We would get the crap kicked out of us then by being distracted:cool:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
We would get the crap kicked out of us then by being distracted:cool:

Yea, you're right ..I really dont want to go through life sayin that I got beat up by 10 naked steeler ladies....wait.......no...I DO want to be able to say that.

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 08:27 AM
We would get the crap kicked out of us then by being distracted:cool:That's right Arkie! Just keep that in mind the next time you think about challenging the Steelergirls!:wink:

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
That's right Arkie! Just keep that in mind the next time you think about challenging the Steelergirls!:wink:

I dont realy see how I loose in this now that Lambert has shown me the light:busted:

Suitanim
07-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Really, I don't get all this...I was an FNG at SN WAY back in the day(1996? 1997?), and I ended up fine. I never whined and cried about the rough treatment I received, I just took it and moved on. Then I moved back to Ohio from Florida, dropped off the board for a bit, and had to go through all the hazing again. And, again, I just took it.

If you can't take a little harrassment, DO NOT GO TO SN! It's the apotheosis of smack forums. The pitiful bit of sorry and weak smack that gets dished out here is dilluted 100X down from what you get there...well, except for death smack which is...OK we won't go there...

CAH
07-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Really, I don't get all this...I was an FNG at SN WAY back in the day(1996? 1997?), and I ended up fine. I never whined and cried about the rough treatment I received, I just took it and moved on. Then I moved back to Ohio from Florida, dropped off the board for a bit, and had to go through all the hazing again. And, again, I just took it.

If you can't take a little harrassment, DO NOT GO TO SN! It's the apotheosis of smack forums. The pitiful bit of sorry and weak smack that gets dished out here is dilluted 100X down from what you get there...well, except for death smack which is...OK we won't go there...
Tell me about it. LMAO I'll never quit SN b/c I'll have to go back as a FNG and WOW.

People have to remember, SN is made up from a group who posted on the Official Steeler Board. Now they ran a very tight ship so most of us (not me) were constantly booted so one member took the name Booted b/c he was booted off so many times. Dave decided to leave and start his own board and since I have no sense, I went with them.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I heard there are rottweilers at SN. Is that true? :hunch:

X-Terminator
07-16-2006, 12:38 PM
I heard there are rottweilers at SN. Is that true? :hunch:

Wouldn't know if there are any at SN, but I've seen shades of a rabid pit bull at SF...

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Wouldn't know if there are any at SN, but I've seen shades of a rabid pit bull at SF...

Oh yeah? Do tell! I'll tell you what I know if you tell me what you know. Wanna copy and paste and forward stuff? :grin:

bourbon
07-16-2006, 01:17 PM

there were 2 of them. they had a few days to live and then died.

X-Terminator
07-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Oh yeah? Do tell! I'll tell you what I know if you tell me what you know. Wanna copy and paste and forward stuff? :grin:

Nah, I don't think so - I graduated from high school a long time ago.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 01:21 PM
Nah, I don't think so - I graduated from high school a long time ago.

Ahhh... Yeah... I totally understand. :sofunny:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Can't we all just get along !!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2006, 09:48 AM
I can totally get along with any steelers website.

ARKIESTEEL
07-17-2006, 10:40 AM
I can totally get along with any steelers website.

Yeah I can too but its the people that are hard to mess with:blah:

floodcitygirl
07-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah I can too but its the people that are hard to mess with:blah::sofunny: Good one!