PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger getting ready for prime time

Bayz101
02-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u437/bayz101/ben0215a_500-1.jpg
Ben Roethlisberger: "... as you get to a certain point, a certain age in this football thing, your body doesn't recover like it used to."

Ben Roethlisberger already has adjusted his game, and it has nothing to do with old or new coordinators, old or new offenses, things Art Rooney did or did not say.

It has plenty to do with his 30th birthday March 2.

"That's why I'm working out already," Roethlisberger said.

He began training at the Steelers facility on the South Side last week, days after he returned from an extended Pro Bowl stay in Hawaii. He talked to coach Mike Tomlin about where he is in his career and about the future.

"When I talked to Mike, I said I don't know how much longer I have to play, no one does; it could be two years, three years, it could be eight years. Who knows?" Roethlisberger said during an extensive interview Thursday.

"I'm hoping that I'm just starting in my prime. I've already been working out with [Garrett Giemont], our strength coach, already. I've never worked out this early. It's not like high-intensity, out killing myself, but I'm working out, I want to come to camp lighter than I've ever come, in better shape, because as you get to a certain point, a certain age in this football thing, your body doesn't recover like it used to."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12046/1210221-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1mQjl7EhP

tony hipchest
02-15-2012, 12:57 AM
thats great to hear.

he mustve been listening to all the fanboys on twitter, messageboards, and chatrooms, who have been complaining about him looking fat in his jeans.

also, i bet the meddling and lying owner, art II, told him to lay off the donuts while in passing at the facilities.

StainlessStill
02-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Now THAT, is EXACTLY what I look for in one of my favorite athletes and what I look for in the quarterback of my beloved football team. Hearing this from Roethlisberger gives me the chills and his comment about getting motivated to move ahead of Eli Manning in Super Bowls is something warrior's and Hall Of Fame mentality strives for.

A motivated Roethlisberger understanding his prime- years could be a devastating rude awakening for the rest of the NFL.

Ben's hearing Adrian's voice right now with the Rocky theme playing behind him "WIN. WIN!"

Great article. This is great news for Steelers fans around the world.:tt04:

Bayz101
02-15-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm definitely excited to hear his optimism looking forward, and that he's in a good, healthy mindset. Maybe now people will quit calling him fat, lol.

tony hipchest
02-15-2012, 01:14 AM
he still shouldnt have played in the pro-bowl on his bum ankle. i bet than in itself set him back 2-3 years. :chuckle:

ricardisimo
02-15-2012, 01:47 AM
I think the wife has started nagging him about his weight. Nothing is quite as effective, except of course nagging from lovers on the side.

Bayz101
02-15-2012, 01:55 AM
I think the wife has started nagging him about his weight. Nothing is quite as effective, except of course nagging from lovers on the side.

:applaudit:

TRH
02-15-2012, 07:19 AM
awesome to hear. He's heading into what could be the best 4 or so years of his career (barring an unfortunate major injury).

TomlinsThorn
02-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Thank you Todd Haley. First call after getting the OC job was to Ben, "Get your fat ass in the gym and get in shape"!. In a couple weeks we will see pictures of Ben studying film. OMG, this could happen!

stb_steeler
02-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Its good to hear that he realizes what he now knows what he has to do, not like before. Show up when ever he wanted. Maybe he copied from the book of Payton Manning!

Steelerfreak58
02-15-2012, 11:46 AM
If he learns to get the ball out of his hands faster he will extend his playing time at least another 8 years barring any major arm or shoulder injuries. I am really happy to read that he is taking things seriously. Its good to see him mature into a professional and become the leader the team needs.

Great to hear he has a fire under his ass and he sees a competition for rings going on with Eli.

September can't get here fast enough.

steelcity1974
02-15-2012, 11:48 AM
Once you hit 30, it's more difficult to get the college chicks...he knows he has to slim down to have a shot.

Fire Arians
02-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Once you hit 30, it's more difficult to get the college chicks...he knows he has to slim down to have a shot.

haha not necessarily :wink02:

stb_steeler
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM

LOL...any fat slob with 110 mill can get any chick. Looks wouldnt matter then, its all about the Benjamen's then.

Fire Arians
02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
LOL...any fat slob with 110 mill can get any chick. Looks wouldnt matter then, its all about the Benjamen's then.

it's all about confidence really lol. after i got out of the military, i started going back to school at age 27-31 and got more play than i did in my early 20's lol. it gets easier in your 30's actually

Edman
02-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Chances are the Steelers/Giants game in 2012 is a primetime game. He'll be going up against Eli in New York. The Steelers also play the Cowboys and Broncos on the road.

On board for the Steelers 2012 Revenge Tour. Get it going, boys.

ebsteelers
02-15-2012, 02:03 PM
i thought broncos is home?

19-0 with todd haley and big ben in prime shape.. get some o linemen...here we go steelers here we go

Steel_Bus_24
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM
nPC40hR65G4

:helmet:

Bayz101
02-15-2012, 02:37 PM
He's certainly early with the workouts, he'll be blowing dude's away in training camp, lol.

steelax04
02-16-2012, 04:09 PM
But wait... I thought he was mad and throwing a hissy fit that BA is gone and has been pouting in his room and hasn't come out to talk with Daddy Haley?

60_MINUTES
02-16-2012, 09:27 PM
thats great to hear.

he mustve been listening to all the fanboys on twitter, messageboards, and chatrooms, who have been complaining about him looking fat in his jeans.

also, i bet the meddling and lying owner, art II, told him to lay off the donuts while in passing at the facilities.

Nope guys it has nothing to do with any of what hes read.. nor does it have to do with trying to be in better shape... Plain and Simple He is married now and is already tired of the honey do bull shit like the rest of us...lol....:rofl::rofl:

SoCalFan
02-17-2012, 03:43 PM
I dunno, with all the injuries the last few years towards the end of the season, while other teams are steam rolling into playoffs, I was kinda hoping that strength trainer and who ever else is responsible for getting these guys through the season would have been replaced! Bens got the correct mindset though!!!

6RingsAndCounting
02-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Wifey must be making food with extra fat

LVSteelersfan
02-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Ben was looking a little chunky during the Pro Bowl. I know he couldn't work out much with that high ankle sprain. Hopefully he comes out slim and trim and ready to kick some Ratbird's butts this year.

Kanata-Steeler
02-19-2012, 04:55 AM
thats great to hear.

I agree, and NO, that ain't sacrcasm.
:rofl:

Set-Man
02-19-2012, 09:57 AM
He looked huge on the golf course. No wonder lineman have a tough time taking him down. It is like trying to take Casey Hampton down back there.

By the way (off topic) but why don't we line Big Snack up at Fullback down by the goal line. Could you imagine that thing coming at you?