PDA

View Full Version : new hampshire 300- who to watch/ who will win?

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
since im going out of town i wont be able to watch the race (or base picks on qualifying or parctice speeds). so im just gonna throw some names out.

1. t. stewart
2. k. bush
3. j. burton
4. k. kahne
5. m. kenseth
6. j. johnson

cbalke
07-13-2006, 06:31 AM
man! steelers fans, penguins fans, AND nascar fans all in the same place? i'm HOME!!!!! :smile:

i'll be watching (i think) all 3 races at NH this weekend. can't wait to see the whelen race. never actually sat down to watch one of those before, so i'm pretty psyched.

cup race picks:

1. burton
2. stewart
3. earnhardt jr.
4. kahne
5. gordon (after recovering from being spun by kenseth on lap 112)

don't know why, but i've got a good feeling about jeff burton for this race. i think he's due. he's sure been running well the past few weeks. stewart i think will be strong as always, and junior will have an unusually good showing for NH.

man, this rocks.

OH! yesterday i was driving on I-81 back up to work and two of the NASCAR haulers making their way up to NH. looked like the trailers they 'judge' the race from and call drivers to when they've done something wrong. cool all the same, though.

Suitanim
07-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Kind of nice to see a little excitement back in the joint...

I'm going Stewart, Earnhardt, Burton and Sorenson. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Gordon is back in a big way, and may win this week, too...

Fire Haley
07-16-2006, 02:40 AM
I hate this track...I predict a crash-fest that takes out all the favorites, interrupted by long stretches of boredom.

1. Ryan Newman
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Kurt Busch
4. Reed Sorenson
5. Mark Martin

HometownGal
07-16-2006, 07:56 AM
I think Jimmie Johnson will finish in the Top 5 today, along with Burton, Newman, Stewart, and Gordon. I wouldn't count the Busch brothers out in this race either.

cbalke
07-16-2006, 08:43 AM
I hate this track...

oh man, i LOVE this track. basically, give me something that's NOT and mile and a half cookie cutter, and i'm a happy man.

the rock, darlington, bristol, richmond, daytona, talladega, dover...those tracks have personality, man. there's always something different to expect from those tracks cause they're unique.

just my :twocents:

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Kind of nice to see a little excitement back in the joint...

I'm going Stewart, Earnhardt, Burton and Sorenson. But I have a sneaking suspicion that Gordon is back in a big way, and may win this week, too...

Who does Jeff Gordon wreck this week to win?

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Stewart
Jimmie
Jeffykins
Newman
Sniffle or Kurt Busch

tony, I know you're not around this weekend, and I won't be around next weekend cause I'm going to the Pocono race. :cool: I'll PM you my picks sometime this week for next weekend's race if your thread isn't posted, which it may not be, because I'm leaving Friday morning. :smile:

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Haha.......Stewrat got dumped.

cbalke
07-16-2006, 03:42 PM
ok - what happened to stewart and jr? i hear he got spun, but what are the details? and jr? i was thinking today it would be either burton or jr....

Fire Haley
07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
Told ya so.....

Thanks to Mikey's lamebrain crash under caution we pick up 5 spots at the end.

Newman got loose underneath Smoke and crashed him out....Smoke finished 37th, nosedives outta the Top 10.
JR blew up a motor and finished last...POOF

I told you this race was gonna be hell...a crapshoot....slipin' & slidin', no place to pass.

On a day like today, I'll take that 14th...running half the race with NO BRAKES.......

CowherLover
07-17-2006, 08:07 AM
I feel better since I looked at the points standings. Junior dropped to 7th but there's only 50 points between 7th place up to third place. WHEW! Junior and Tony need to be solid from here on out.

Jeremy
07-17-2006, 09:28 AM
With any luck, Stewrat stays outside of the Top 10 until the chase starts.

SteelerzGirl
07-17-2006, 10:25 AM
I feel better since I looked at the points standings. Junior dropped to 7th but there's only 50 points between 7th place up to third place. WHEW! Junior and Tony need to be solid from here on out.

Yooohooo... CowherLover... Looky who's coming to Jennerstown Speedway. :smile:

http://www.jennerstown.com/

CowherLover
07-17-2006, 10:36 AM
DAMNIT JANET! I'll be camping around Cedar Point that whole weekend, that sucks! My dad took me to Jennertown when I was probably 10. We had Cryin' Ryan Newman at Columbus Motor Speedway a couple weekends ago racing sprint cars. WooHoo :rolleyes:
I saw you're goin to Pocono, Have fun and be careful. Don't know if I told ya but when we went to Bristol this year everyone sitting near us was from Pittsburgh. Since it snowed that whole freakin' weekend I had all my Steeler gear on of course. We were doin the Here We Go Steelers chant both days. Had a blast!

SteelerzGirl
07-17-2006, 08:13 PM
DAMNIT JANET! I'll be camping around Cedar Point that whole weekend, that sucks! My dad took me to Jennertown when I was probably 10. We had Cryin' Ryan Newman at Columbus Motor Speedway a couple weekends ago racing sprint cars. WooHoo :rolleyes:
I saw you're goin to Pocono, Have fun and be careful. Don't know if I told ya but when we went to Bristol this year everyone sitting near us was from Pittsburgh. Since it snowed that whole freakin' weekend I had all my Steeler gear on of course. We were doin the Here We Go Steelers chant both days. Had a blast!

Yeah, I'm going to Pocono. It's not one of my favorite tracks, but I get to see you-know-who, so I'm happy...(lol). I had planned on going to the Brickyard this year, but those plans fell through.

I remember watching the Bristol race. It snowed like crazy there all weekend if I remember correctly. The #2 car won and Kurt Busch celebrated by making snow angels. :rolleyes: I'm sure you had an awesome time w/all the Steelers fans surrounding you. :smile: