PDA

View Full Version : Imagine MOCK 2.0

MDSteel15
02-16-2012, 05:19 PM
OK, there are people that think we are losing Money Mike because of FA! Well I don't believe we will. BUT, in case we would how about this for the fist 3 rounds:

Rd 1. Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
Rd 1. Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State
Rd 2. Kelechi Osemele OG Iowa State
Rd 3. Nate Potter OT Boise State

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
OK, there are people that think we are losing Money Mike because of FA! Well I don't believe we will. BUT, in case we would how about this for the fist 3 rounds:

Alshon Jeffery has bust written all over him... He will probably move to Tight End later in his career

Bayz101
02-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Jeffery will be another Sweed, i'd almost bet on it.

bac151rum
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Assuming we lose Wallace, theres only one of two options:

Taker is after us (more likely)- Texans, 49'ers, or Cheatriots- I'd go:

1- Dont'a Hightower
1- Dontari Poe
2- Osemeli
3- Potter

If its in the before us (Cinci, Eagles, Cards, Jets) I'd go:

1- Decastro
1- Hightower
2- Osemeli
3- Chapman

I honestly see Burflict and Jeffrey as being way too high risk to take in the first round. We can pull in a Posey or some other 6' 4" wide receiver in the 4th round.

Bayz101
02-16-2012, 07:19 PM

1- Dont'a Hightower
1- Dontari Poe
2- Osemeli
3- Potter

1- Decastro
1- Hightower
2- Osemeli
3- Chapman

I honestly see Burflict and Jeffrey as being way too high risk to take in the first round. We can pull in a Posey or some other 6' 4" wide receiver in the 4th round.

Thanks for posting and Welcome to SF!

:tt02:

bac151rum
02-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Glad to be here. Thanks for the hello.

Fire Arians
02-16-2012, 09:32 PM
if we lose wallace i'd rather re-sign cotchery to a multi year deal than draft another wr. we still will have a better than average wr corps, and have more pressing needs at ol, dl, and lb

Bayz101
02-16-2012, 09:34 PM
if we lose wallace i'd rather re-sign cotchery to a multi year deal than draft another wr. we still will have a better than average wr corps, and have more pressing needs at ol, dl, and lb

I have to agree with you here. We didn't win our Super Bowl's with the best receiver's corp, we won them with defense. If Ben's get's better protection, and our defense is strong next year, we'll be fine.

Fire Arians
02-16-2012, 09:36 PM

1- Dont'a Hightower
1- Dontari Poe
2- Osemeli
3- Potter

1- Decastro
1- Hightower
2- Osemeli
3- Chapman

i agree about burfict. he's a great athlete, but we already have one in timmons. what we need is someone who's more of a leader/cerebral type that farrior was to RUN the defense. Hightower is the most likely ILB candidate in the draft to be able to do that.

If mike's gone for an early enough pick to land DeCastro then that's a no brainer pick.

PhantomJB93
02-17-2012, 01:28 AM
In the event Wallace is lost, I would like to see something like (assuming the Patriots get him):

1. Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia
1. Vontaze Burfict/Dont'a Hightower, ILB, ASU/Alabama; whichever one is available
2. Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa
3. Nick Jean-Baptiste, NT, Baylor
4. Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn
(Don't feel like doing later rounds)

MDSteel15
02-17-2012, 10:13 AM
OK, since you didn't like my first 2 picks here's the entire draft!

Rd 1. Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin
Rd 1. Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Rd 2. Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington
Rd 4. Tank Carder ILB TCU
Rd 5. J.R. Sweezy DE North Carolina St.
Rd 6. Donovan Richard S South Carolina St.
Rd 7. Chad Diehl FB Clemson
Rd 7. Randy Bullock K Texas A&M
Rd 7. Will Blackwell G LSU

bac151rum
02-17-2012, 10:56 AM
No one said we didn't like them, but when offered a chance, most of us will come up with alternatives. Its just what we do. Yours are as valid as anyones, mine included. In the long run, the only ones that matter are Colbert and Tomlin (well, maybe Rooneys, if you want to believe everything you read on-line).

bac151rum
02-17-2012, 10:57 AM
And why the heck am I a water boy? Can't i just be the guy who smacks the players on the arse as they run out on the field? Every team needs one of those.

Fire Arians
02-17-2012, 11:36 AM
And why the heck am I a water boy? Can't i just be the guy who smacks the players on the arse as they run out on the field? Every team needs one of those.

come back and post more, you'll eventually be that guy :thumbsup:

Metalrush24
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Alshon Jeffery has bust written all over him... He will probably move to Tight End later in his career

I highly doubt that he'll be a bust unless he just gets injured early in his career. A lot of the bad rep he's getting is from hearsay and his last season.. both of which are slippery slopes really. He has the physical tools to make huge plays. He's not a burner, but he makes clutch plays when the game is on the line. Somewhere between being the runner-up to the Biletnikoff ceremony and the end of the 2011 season he gained a bad reputation from spectators when really he's a hard worker and can play with the best of them which can be seen in his highlight films and whatnot. Having said that, I would be surprised if we drafted him in the first(even though we're in the zone that he's predicted to go) but at the same time I wouldn't be opposed at all to it. He has a lot more potential than the pundits are giving him credit for..

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-17-2012, 04:44 PM
I highly doubt that he'll be a bust unless he just gets injured early in his career. A lot of the bad rep he's getting is from hearsay and his last season.. both of which are slippery slopes really. He has the physical tools to make huge plays. He's not a burner, but he makes clutch plays when the game is on the line. Somewhere between being the runner-up to the Biletnikoff ceremony and the end of the 2011 season he gained a bad reputation from spectators when really he's a hard worker and can play with the best of them which can be seen in his highlight films and whatnot. Having said that, I would be surprised if we drafted him in the first(even though we're in the zone that he's predicted to go) but at the same time I wouldn't be opposed at all to it. He has a lot more potential than the pundits are giving him credit for..

Only thing i can see working for Jeffery is his Size unless he learns how to use his slow speed like Ward does but i never see him going across the middle and making plays...he will be a great red zone receiver but not worth a first round to me the Steelers need more help on both sides of the ball and if the Steelers do go WR in the draft it will be in the late round maybe B.J. Cunningham from Michigan State or Greg Childs from Arkansas

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Why this assumption that Wallace is gonna be gone?? Why give up a big salary AND a draft pick for Wallace, when teams can just sign an UNRESTRICTED FA WR?? Lots of them available this year.

Burfict is looking like he will slide far in the draft.

The buzz around Arizona State linebacker Vontaze Burfict unfortunately continues to be negative. I was told at the Senior Bowl when he showed up for combine training in January, Burfict looked soft and out of shape. Latest word has him completing less than 15 reps on the bench recently and Burfict has been slowed by a leg (hamstring) issue. All that we’ve talked with say the biggest issue surrounding the often times dominant linebacker is work ethic. http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6131

Kingmagyar
02-18-2012, 04:51 AM
If we could get these two guys I wouldn't mind losing Wallace.

1- David Decastro G
1b- Dontari Poe NT

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Seriously???? Iranian online pharmacy trolling? I guess its in the War Room section.

Call homeland security!!! :rofl:

Kingmagyar
02-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Glad the general mindset of everyone is to draft O and D line get a WR early and get that ILB spot filled as well. If the Steelers draft as mentioned above they should set the team up well.

I've seen a lot of talk of Arizona getting Decastro at 13 though. Whisenhunt knows the importance of a left guard having Alan Fanaca around in Pgh. There's no way we get him that high.

So the likely scenario may be

PhantomJB93 mock of
1. Vontaze Burfict/Dont'a Hightower, ILB, ASU/Alabama; whichever one is available

BKAnthem
02-18-2012, 04:03 PM
The last thing we need is O linemen in the 3rd and 4th rounds

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-18-2012, 04:17 PM
The last thing we need is O linemen in the 3rd and 4th rounds

^This

ricardisimo
02-18-2012, 04:23 PM
OK, since you didn't like my first 2 picks here's the entire draft!

Rd 1. Kevin Zeitler G Wisconsin
Rd 1. Mohamed Sanu WR Rutgers
Rd 2. Alameda Ta’amu NT Washington
Rd 4. Tank Carder ILB TCU
Rd 5. J.R. Sweezy DE North Carolina St.
Rd 6. Donovan Richard S South Carolina St.
Rd 7. Chad Diehl FB Clemson
Rd 7. Randy Bullock K Texas A&M
Rd 7. Will Blackwell G LSU
I can't imagine how many OGs would have to get drafted before we pick that would force us to take Zeitler first. Hell, Andrew Luck would probably be available to us. He will absolutely not be BPA.

If they were to use both first round picks on DeCastro and Glenn, I would cream myself.

BKAnthem
02-18-2012, 09:55 PM
I can't imagine how many OGs would have to get drafted before we pick that would force us to take Zeitler first. Hell, Andrew Luck would probably be available to us. He will absolutely not be BPA.

If they were to use both first round picks on DeCastro and Glenn, I would cream myself.

:tt03:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-19-2012, 12:09 AM
I dont see us losing Wallace and getting a 1st round pick, so here is what I am looking at

1. Dontari Poe, NT, Memphis
2. Keleche Osemele, OG, Iowa St
3. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU
5. Kevin Foger, TE, Michigan
6, George Iloka, S, Boise St
7. Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin

We draft our future NT, then fortify the RG and RT spots. Take a shot on Carder at ILB. Foger is better receiving option than David Johnson and a solid blocker, kind of in the Tony Moeoki skill set than an H back.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-19-2012, 02:12 AM
I dont see us losing Wallace and getting a 1st round pick, so here is what I am looking at

4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU

We draft our future NT, then fortify the RG and RT spots. Take a shot on Carder at ILB. Foger is better receiving option than David Johnson and a solid blocker, kind of in the Tony Moeoki skill set than an H back.

I would replace Tank with Jerry Franklin the MLB from Arkansas he could be a steal IMO

Kingmagyar
02-19-2012, 07:12 AM

4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU

S George Iloka is as slow as a linebacker and nearly as big.
Height: 6-4. Weight: 222.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Love the Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California pick, but will he still be there late 3? May have to trade up for him. Love the Tight End pick too.

Lots of good ILBs mid rounds available to choose from.

Bayz101
02-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Hate Michigan, love Kevin Koger. He's a beast.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-19-2012, 11:29 AM
I would replace Tank with Jerry Franklin the MLB from Arkansas he could be a steal IMO

Yeah, Carder might have a medical red flag I heard, so he might not even warrant a 4th round grade. Franklin could very well be there instead. Not sure if he plays better at 245 or 235lbs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-19-2012, 11:35 AM

Love the Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California pick, but will he still be there late 3? May have to trade up for him. Love the Tight End pick too.

Is that the scouting report from CBS sports of Iloka? He showed better than that at the Senior Bowl week from what I saw.

Safety George Iloka of Boise State has had a quick start to the morning. He looks terrific in drills, displaying sound footwork in reverse and the ability to burst to the ball out of his plant

S George Iloka of Boise State just made a beautiful interception of a pass thrown by Kirk Cousins. Iloka stepped in front of the receiver and grabbed the ball away.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/01/24/senior.bowl.practice.tuesday/index.html#ixzz1mqWcIkC4

George Iloka, FS, Boise State: Size (6-3, 222), range and ball skills. What you want to see from a deep middle of the field safety. Needs to polish his man-coverage skills from a technique standpoint, but if he tests well at the Combine, he could rise up draft boards.
Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/01/27/senior-bowl-db-prospects/index.html#ixzz1mqWvRrEF

As for Mitchell Schwartz.....I would never trade up for a RT in the 3rd round. If he isnt there, then maybe take BPA and see if Kelemente is around in the 4th, or just take Kelemente. Kelemente looks like he might be better at G, but if we got both him and Osemele.....those are 2 good additions to the line.

ricardisimo
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM

4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU

You're kinda derailing this guy's thread. As the title states, he wants us to imagine just such a scenario. Personally, I think it's better than 50/50 that we're getting another 1st-rounder for Wallace. If you don't think he's gone, you need to explain exactly how and why to the rest of us.

Although I'd love to see two guards in the first round, I think something like Glenn and Poe are more likely. That would be sweet.

ricardisimo
02-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Anyone think Jacksonville might sign Wallace? New owner there is trying to make a name for himself and prove to the fans that he means business. Other than scrapping the Blaine Gabbert experiment entirely, I can't think of a better way for him to improve this offense than snagging Wallace.

What would we do with the 7th overall pick? Too early for DeCastro. Maybe trade down and pick up a few more selections. Or perhaps even grab Blackmon or Floyd.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-20-2012, 05:02 AM
Anyone think Jacksonville might sign Wallace? New owner there is trying to make a name for himself and prove to the fans that he means business. Other than scrapping the Blaine Gabbert experiment entirely, I can't think of a better way for him to improve this offense than snagging Wallace.

What would we do with the 7th overall pick? Too early for DeCastro. Maybe trade down and pick up a few more selections. Or perhaps even grab Blackmon or Floyd.

I would trade down if that was to happen (Blackmon will not get past the Rams) so trade down and draft DeCastro then Poe that would be a perfect.

I heard on Sportscenter that Vontaze Burfict MIGHT fall to the mid second round and if the steelers traded up for him that could be the BEST draft ever lol but it wont happen...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
You're kinda derailing this guy's thread. As the title states, he wants us to imagine just such a scenario. Personally, I think it's better than 50/50 that we're getting another 1st-rounder for Wallace. If you don't think he's gone, you need to explain exactly how and why to the rest of us.

Although I'd love to see two guards in the first round, I think something like Glenn and Poe are more likely. That would be sweet.

I never saw that we were assuming getting another 1st rounder in this thread.

I'll check back later when there is a thread working with draft picks that we have, rather than ones we dont have.

ricardisimo
02-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I never saw that we were assuming getting another 1st rounder in this thread.

I'll check back later when there is a thread working with draft picks that we have, rather than ones we dont have.
This is from the OP's very first post:

And as I stated just a moment ago, he's asking us to IMAGINE two first round picks. There's nothing about this thread that is not clear. If you don't like the thread topic then don't post in that thread. Certainly don't derail it. Thanks.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 02:00 PM
Yep, i'm with Ric on this. Certainly not a problem having a little imagination, it is the off-season.

MDSteel15
02-20-2012, 02:37 PM

4. Tank Carder, LB, TCU
6, George Iloka, S, Boise St7. Bradie Ewing, FB, Wisconsin

I's love to get Ilka in the 6th! Too bad he's projected in the 3rd... :noidea:

MDSteel15
02-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I would trade down if that was to happen (Blackmon will not get past the Rams) so trade down and draft DeCastro then Poe that would be a perfect.

I heard on Sportscenter that Vontaze Burfict MIGHT fall to the mid second round and if the steelers traded up for him that could be the BEST draft ever lol but it wont happen...

I've heard he may fall even further with all the red flags popping up every where! :banging:

ricardisimo
02-20-2012, 03:24 PM
I've heard he may fall even further with all the red flags popping up every where! :banging:
It strikes me that Mr. Burfict might not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Given that ILB is the QB of Lebeau's defense, and needs to be on the smart side, and combined with the distinct possibility that he has some character issues, I'd say we can design our future mocks without him in it. Just sayin'... :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
I's love to get Ilka in the 6th! Too bad he's projected in the 3rd... :noidea:

Watch and see what he runs at the combine. I dont think he is as fast as many think and could slip.

Kind of reminds me of Victor "Macho" Harris from Va Tech, when people were projecting him in the top of the 2nd round talent, but eventually went in the 5th round.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2012, 08:37 PM

George Iloka ran a 4.66. Slower than Donte Hightower, so I bet he slides a ways in the draft.

MDSteel15
02-29-2012, 10:53 AM
You say whatever you want, if we don't Barron I'm taking Iloka in the mid rounds! His instincts make up for that whole one-tenth of a second you guys are worried about....

stairway27
02-29-2012, 02:18 PM
In the event Wallace is lost, I would like to see something like (assuming the Patriots get him):

(Don't feel like doing later rounds)

We can't draft McNutt. His name sounds too much like McNulty... Ben might try to rape him...:chuckle:

Fire Arians
02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
We can't draft McNutt. His name sounds too much like McNulty... Ben might try to rape him...:chuckle:

lol, can't have that in the locker room can we :chuckle:

or the touchdown celebration, he'll do the mendenhall on his ass lol

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-29-2012, 08:50 PM
You say whatever you want, if we don't Barron I'm taking Iloka in the mid rounds! His instincts make up for that whole one-tenth of a second you guys are worried about....

If he is there in the 5th, then I hope we do. Would rather see ILB, NT, OG, OT taken with the first 4 picks.

I was projecting Iloka to run a slow 40 and drop to the 6th round.

MDSteel15
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
If we can't get Barron or Iloka I'd like to get one of these guys:

Christian Thompson..South Carolina St...6'0 1/4 211 31 1/2 8 3/8" 4.50
Sean Richardson........Vanderbilt ...............6'2 1/2 216 32 5/8 9 1/8" 4.52
Kelcie McCray..............Arkansas St.............6'1 3/4 202 32 1/4 8 7/8" 4.54

tugnut1
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
I am not ready to throw names out there for the draft, but I really feel our biggest needs are on the offensive line.

Dalarin
03-10-2012, 05:22 AM
I don't like Hightower and I don't feel ILB is a pressing issue. Foote is solid and we have multiple other linebackers who could fill the position. NT, OH, and FB are our most pressing needs. Throw fullback out the window because nobody touches them until the 3rd round. We don't have any legitimate options for a nose tackle and it is a more important position in a 3-4 defense. Just trying to justify why I would hate that pick

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't like Hightower and I don't feel ILB is a pressing issue. Foote is solid and we have multiple other linebackers who could fill the position. NT, OH, and FB are our most pressing needs. Throw fullback out the window because nobody touches them until the 3rd round. We don't have any legitimate options for a nose tackle and it is a more important position in a 3-4 defense. Just trying to justify why I would hate that pick

Foote is slow, old and light. Sylvester is young, inexperienced and plays too high...mainly a special teamer only.

I would look for a veteran FA ILB to be brought in, but that doesnt solve the problem that there is nobody waiting and just shows even more that we should have drafted Pat Angerer, Sean Lee or Brandon Spikes 2 years ago instead of Jason Worilds.

Dalarin
03-10-2012, 07:52 PM
It strikes me that Mr. Burfict might not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. Given that ILB is the QB of Lebeau's defense, and needs to be on the smart side, and combined with the distinct possibility that he has some character issues, I'd say we can design our future mocks without him in it. Just sayin'... :noidea:

If that's the case why go with Hightower? He's a loose cannon that misses assignments regularly

bac151rum
03-10-2012, 08:26 PM
If that's the case why go with Hightower? He's a loose cannon that misses assignments regularly

Dude, if you want to argue his ability to cover the TE or back out of the backfield, argue away. But Hightower was the quarterback of the top rated d in college football last year, is by all accounts an intelligent honor student with an exemplary resume, and was the top defensive player on alabama last year, by their scoring. Where do you hear that he's a loose cannon who misses assignments regularly? Unless you're confusing him with Burflict, Im calling BS on this.

Dalarin
03-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I've been studying Alabama the past couple of years and these are conclusions that Ive drawn personally. Unless he is blitzing he looks as if is wearing lead cleats, and play action passes take him out of plays unless the qb's holds onto the ball. Most important he is a late hit machine. Maybe it flies because he plays for Alabama but it will not playing in black and gold in the NFL.

ricardisimo
03-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I've been studying Alabama the past couple of years and these are conclusions that Ive drawn personally. Unless he is blitzing he looks as if is wearing lead cleats, and play action passes take him out of plays unless the qb's holds onto the ball. Most important he is a late hit machine. Maybe it flies because he plays for Alabama but it will not playing in black and gold in the NFL.
You haven't yet shed the BS aura. Stats would be nice here. This is the very first I've heard anyone, anywhere suggest that Hightower blows assignments regularly. Besides, Troy polamalu blows assignments regularly, and no one cares. You know why?

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:40 AM
You haven't yet shed the BS aura. Stats would be nice here. This is the very first I've heard anyone, anywhere suggest that Hightower blows assignments regularly. Besides, Troy polamalu blows assignments regularly, and no one cares. You know why?

Wait! I got this!

Because he's Troy flipping Polamalu :chuckle:

And a game-saver, and stuff.

ricardisimo
03-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!!!! Give that man a cigar!!

Dalarin
03-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Playcalling is designed around Polamalu doing so. Hightower doesn't make the gamechanging plays Troy does and I can't get over how slow he plays. I'm suprised he runs a sub-5 40. Yes, the man hits hard, but our team is not built for a player like him. Our linebackers have to cover in the passing game and in the running game our lineman clog holes and disrupt while speedy linebackers clean up.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Playcalling is designed around Polamalu doing so. Hightower doesn't make the gamechanging plays Troy does and I can't get over how slow he plays. I'm suprised he runs a sub-5 40. Yes, the man hits hard, but our team is not built for a player like him. Our linebackers have to cover in the passing game and in the running game our lineman clog holes and disrupt while speedy linebackers clean up.

I would disagree that we need a LB that covers in the passing game. Hightower is fine in zone coverage, but in man coverage on nickel or dime packages he would likely come out.

Just because Farrior is a decent athlete, doesnt mean the the mike LB in the 3-4 needs to be small like him. Think Earl Holmes, Levon Kirkland, Brian Cushing. Cushing ran a 4.74 40 yard dash, was 6'3" 243lbs.

I would say that Hightower is as athletic as Cushing, but that extra 15-20lbs he has makes his change of direction less sudden. I think Hightower is a solid LB for strongside 3-4, but he is probably only a 2 down LB.

Dalarin
03-14-2012, 03:29 AM
I would disagree that we need a LB that covers in the passing game. Hightower is fine in zone coverage, but in man coverage on nickel or dime packages he would likely come out.

Just because Farrior is a decent athlete, doesnt mean the the mike LB in the 3-4 needs to be small like him. Think Earl Holmes, Levon Kirkland, Brian Cushing. Cushing ran a 4.74 40 yard dash, was 6'3" 243lbs.

I would say that Hightower is as athletic as Cushing, but that extra 15-20lbs he has makes his change of direction less sudden. I think Hightower is a solid LB for strongside 3-4, but he is probably only a 2 down LB.

First round pick for a player that cant play more than 75% of a game? If he falls to second it would be a decent pick if he can learn to play faster but we have more pressing needs and I cant believe he would be the best player available or the best player to suit our needs. We have 2 good ILB's and 1 that hasnt been given a legitimate chance.

ricardisimo
03-14-2012, 03:35 AM
First round pick for a player that cant play more than 75% of a game? If he falls to second it would be a decent pick if he can learn to play faster but we have more pressing needs and I cant believe he would be the best player available or the best player to suit our needs. We have 2 good ILB's and 1 that hasnt been given a legitimate chance.
If your problem is with drafting an ILB rather than, say, a guard or NT in the first round, then I'm all with you. But if your only issue with him is his 40 time, then I don't know what to tell you. Playmakers get drafted high, regardless of their straight-line speed. And Hightower is by most everyone's account a playmaker. You have yet to explain the comment about him being "a loose cannon that misses assignments regularly."

Dalarin
03-14-2012, 04:50 AM
His 40 time doesn't matter. His in-game speed is what matters and he is a slug. He breaks coverage to go after the qb, and he will be called twice a game for late/high hits on the qb every game with the way he plays and the team gets enough of that with our current personnel.

bac151rum
03-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Once again, Dalarin, you make ur comments without backing. I've only watched a couple of Alabama games, never seen him get flagged. In the championship game, he was making plays sideline to sideline. And your personal analysis goes against that analysis of every analysis of Hightower available. But you think Devon Still is our best bet for drafting in the first round (NT {who's not really a NT, mind you}? who will only play 67% of the game?), so I have to take you with a grain of salt.

Dalarin
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBe6Ez1OwO4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Type of hit that is called nearly every time in the NFL. Don't worry there are plenty more but I'm just leading you to water here.
Although he was not a NT in college, Still has all the tools necessary to build an NFL career as a NT. It would not be the first time the Steelers converted a player to a similar, yet different position. Timmons was an OLB at FSU. You also have been misled if you think that my mock draft is my "answer to fix all (or any) of the problems that exist with the team." I picked based on how I feel the April will play out.