PDA

View Full Version : *Update* Brown has no trouble meeting Haley *Post Ben/Haley articles here*

mesaSteeler
02-17-2012, 10:56 PM
NFL from the sidelines
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.
Friday, February 17, 2012
Brown has no trouble meeting Haley

Antonio Brown today Tweeted - he's a Tweeting fool - a photo of he and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley in the Steelers locker room.

Brown just got back into Pittsburgh yesterday after his whirlwind tour of the country and met up with Haley in less than a day.

He did this by, you know, going down to the Steelers offices and seeking him out.

Yet somehow, Ben Roethlisberger hasn't been able to find Haley. Go figure?

Sounds like a little more drama from the king of drama.

I have a lot of respect for Roethlisberger the player. But I could do without all of the other stuff. (Me too, I'm sick of little Benjie's punk attention getting act. Either he grows up or we trade him as far I'm concerned. If he screws up just one more time then I hope we get him out of town on the next plane. - mesa)

Then again, is it Roethlisberger making a big deal out of not talking to Haley yet or certain segments of the media?

So many of the issues with Roethlisberger are media driven as guys try to back their own agendas.

I'll be on ESPN 970-AM from noon to 1 p.m. Sunday at the Pittsburgh Auto show talking Steelers football.

stb_steeler
02-17-2012, 11:22 PM
So why is a big deal that Ben has to meet Haley right away? Soon the big news on Ben will be when he shits n wipes his ass... :doh:

Bayz101
02-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Alright...

If there's one guy that's getting tired of this drama, it's me. But Ben needs to go shake his damn hand, give him a smile, and get it over with. I don't think he should have to go meet him as soon as he's in town as some people suggested, but it's about time something happens.

What, you going to wait until August?

Just meet with him Ben, this drama is getting old, and although it may be the media fueling it, it would end everything if you just met with him and put on your smile.

tony hipchest
02-18-2012, 12:31 AM
mike tomlin is the boss and he has every right to call a business meeting. i suggest he bounce his balls of the walls right now.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-18-2012, 12:33 AM
Think its being hyped as whoever contacts who first is the one who blinks.

I think Haley will reach out after he has all his plans in place of how he is gonna structure the offense. If Ben doesnt do it first. Brown is doing the smart and classy thing for a guy that is wanting to solidify his spot as the #2 WR.

Millers the sh!t
02-18-2012, 01:10 AM
So why is a big deal that Ben has to meet Haley right away? Soon the big news on Ben will be when he shits n wipes his ass... :doh:

Because he's the leading player on offense, he's got more to learn and figure out than the other players.....Time to grow up Ben. Tomlins got a new daddy for ya, and wether you like it or not, you must do as he says. Get over it princess and go do your chores.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 01:21 AM
Because he's the leading player on offense, he's got more to learn and figure out than the other players.....Time to grow up Ben. Tomlins got a new daddy for ya, and wether you like it or not, you must do as he says. Get over it princess and go do your chores.

:doh:

What are you, the back seat driver? Come on man. I honestly don't see anything that really hint's at him needing to grow up. He hasn't met with Haley. Sure, it'd be nice if he did and just got it over with, but that doesn't mean he should? Right now he's dialed in on getting himself in better shape, and he's already started workouts. Well before most other players, I might add.

When it comes time to start learning the new system, he'll meet up with Haley. Maybe he'll meet him sooner? That's what i'd like to happen, just to end this Media garbage. But to be honest, the media will always find a way to blow something out of proportion, and the fan's will be right here ready to take the bait and bring it to a whole new level. Especially fan's who already dislike a player and always have something negative to say, no matter the situation.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Ben may be a team-captain, and even the emotional leader of this team, but when it comes down to it, he throw's the ball. The only thing he needs to focus on is improving himself at his position. That's what the QB coach is for. Sure, he needs to meet Haley, but not more than anybody else on the offense does.

Trust me man, i'd like to see Ben and Haley meet up and get on the same page early, but he doesn't really need to. He just doesn't. Concentrate on getting healthier, that's what's important. They'll meet up before long, as they'll have to get on the same page with the new offensive set. It's obvious. The media just blow's it up.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Ben may be a team-captain, and even the emotional leader of this team, but when it comes down to it, he throw's the ball. The only thing he needs to focus on is improving himself at his position. That's what the QB coach is for. Sure, he needs to meet Haley, but not more than anybody else on the offense does.

Trust me man, i'd like to see Ben and Haley meet up and get on the same page early, but he doesn't really need to. He just doesn't. Concentrate on getting healthier, that's what's important. They'll meet up before long, as they'll have to get on the same page with the new offensive set. It's obvious. The media just blow's it up.

If Ben is supposed to be a team captain and leader on this team, then he should lead and go meet Haley and get it over with. Even if it is the media blowing it out of proportion, it's obviously becoming an issue and if he wanted this to go away and smooth over he'd just meet with him already. The fact that he still hasn't after all of this drama has begun to surface tells me he IS being a bit of a drama king.

It's not just the media talking about it either. Steelers fans are also forming opinions on it good, bad, and indifferent and I'd think a team leader, if he cared, would try to put the whole thing to rest to nip it in the bud. The message boards (this one included) are getting lit up by this controversy. Why not just end it if it's a non-story?

I don't want to hear that Ben's too busy right now. That's a crock and a cop-out. Sack up and do what's right for the team chemistry and meet the guy already. It's the right and smart thing to do as a franchise player/leader to get on the same page and let the fans know you give a crap. Stop sulking Ben! Bruce is gone and he isn't coming back.

mesaSteeler
02-18-2012, 06:56 AM
If Ben is supposed to be a team captain and leader on this team, the he should lead and go meet Haley and get it over with. Even if it is the media blowing it out of proportion, it's obviously becoming an issue and if he wanted this to go away and smooth over he'd just meet with him already. The fact that he still hasn't after all of this drama has begun to surface tells me he IS being a bit of a drama king.

It's not just the media talking about it either. Steelers fans are also forming opinions on it good, bad, and indifferent and I'd think a team leader, if he cared, would try to put the whole thing to rest to nip it in the bud. The message boards (this one included) are getting lit up by this controversy. Why not just end it if it's a non-story?

I don't want to hear that Ben's too busy right now. That's a crock and a cop-out. Sack up and do what's right for the team chemistry and meet the guy already. It's the right and smart thing to do as a franchise player/leader to get on the same page and let the fans know you give a crap. Stop sulking Ben! Bruce is gone and he isn't coming back.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Absolutely correct. Benjie the drama punk could end this right now and all he is doing is playing the media for attention.These are not the actions of a team captain.

effyou515
02-18-2012, 07:10 AM
damn it Haley is going to make me work the ball down field, but l want to throw the homerun ball all the time.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 07:16 AM
:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Absolutely correct. Benjie the drama punk could end this right now and all he is doing is playing the media for attention.These are not the actions of a team captain.

I'm not ready to execute Ben by firing squad or anything, I just think he has the power to disprove the media very easily and end it quickly but he has chosen to let it fester and balloon further.

I like Ben as a QB for this team, but he has to pull his head out of his ass and do the things he needs to do as a leader to set a better example for the young guys and better the team as a whole.

Stop looking for the homerun ball every play, stop holding on to the ball and taking sacks that knock you out of field goal range, take what the defense gives you, and for God's sake STOP WITH THE DAMN DRAMA! :banging:

I want him to stay here, but only if he can be a team player and quit being so selfish at times. If he can't, reunite him with his beloved Bruce in Indy and we'll take Luck. :popcorn:

IowaSteeler927
02-18-2012, 07:23 AM
Support our QB and stop hating. I agree he should go meet Haley but this is being blown well out of proportion and the haters are using it as an excuse to bash on Ben. Last I checked the guy was physically sacrificing himself to try and help this team win. He owes us jack schitt. Sure he had a close relationship with Arians, he has a right to be unhappy because he's a human being. Give the man a break, he'll meet up with Haley in due time.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Support our QB and stop hating. I agree he should go meet Haley but this is being blown well out of proportion and the haters are using it as an excuse to bash on Ben. Last I checked the guy was physically sacrificing himself to try and help this team win. He owes us jack schitt. Sure he had a close relationship with Arians, he has a right to be unhappy because he's a human being. Give the man a break, he'll meet up with Haley in due time.

I'm not "hating", it's a fact. He can easily put this thing to rest and he isn't. I've supported Ben through a lot, including his rape accusations.

You may be right. The media and fans may be blowing this out of proportion, but then why wouldn't he just meet the guy and squash it for the benefit of the team? Brown found the time to do it, why can't the most high profile guy on the offense do it?

As far as him sacrificing to help the team, I admire his toughness and willingness to play hurt, but he didn't help the team by playing in San Francisco and we could have won without him in Cleveland. I'm not saying Batch would have won the SF game, but he would have given us a better shot as Ben was clearly in no shape to be playing and he selfishly decided to remain in the game (although I fault Tomlin and Arians as well for not removing him from that game).

If Ben doesn't owe us jack shit, I don't owe him jack shit for a benefit of the doubt when all signs indicate he's being difficult in this situation the longer he lets it go.

FrancoLambert
02-18-2012, 07:52 AM
mike tomlin is the boss and he has every right to call a business meeting. i suggest he bounce his balls of the walls right now.

:applaudit:
Exactly, and he should exercise his authority to end this drama now.
It will put a stop to the speculation that they won't or can't get along.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 07:56 AM
:applaudit:
Exactly, and he should exercise his authority to end this drama now.
It will put a stop to the speculation that they won't or can't get along.

Don't hold your breath on that one. I agree Tomlin should take the initiative to get this thing under control, but he always seems to shy away from conflict. He needs to start acting like a head coach and asserting himself more when problems arise instead of burying his head in the sand and letting them get away from him.

FrancoLambert
02-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Don't hold your breath on that one. I agree Tomlin should take the initiative to get this thing under control, but he always seems to shy away from conflict. He needs to start acting like a head coach and asserting himself more when problems arise instead of burying his head in the sand and letting them get away from him.

He seems to "delegate" too much. It doesn't appear that he involves himself enough in "real time - in game" coaching.

"I'll let the OC handle the offense and the DC handle the defense seems to be his way of operating."

If you are the head coach you better be more involved on both sides of the ball.
We've all seen Belichick during a game, he takes a very different approach than Tomlin.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 08:31 AM
He seems to "delegate" too much. It doesn't appear that he involves himself enough in "real time - in game" coaching.

"I'll let the OC handle the offense and the DC handle the defense seems to be his way of operating."

If you are the head coach you better be more involved on both sides of the ball.
We've all seen Belichick during a game, he takes a very different approach than Tomlin.

I don't think he needs to be an overbearing type of coach. He just needs to be more involved when the situation merits it. This is one of those situations.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 08:53 AM
Sure he had a close relationship with Arians, he has a right to be unhappy because he's a human being. Give the man a break, he'll meet up with Haley in due time.

Another thing. I know he's human and has a right to be unhappy about it, but he doesn't have the right to harm the chemistry of the team because he's butt-hurt about it. He gets paid A LOT of money to suck it up and be a man and do what's in the best interests of this team.

If my employers decided to assign me to a new foreman and I liked the old one better and was unhappy about the change, I wouldn't be permitted to act like a petulant child and not talk to the new boss or openly question the decision making of the higher-ups. They wouldn't tolerate it and I don't even get paid multi-millions to do my job. The Rooneys and Tomlin shouldn't put up with it either. I could be as unhappy as I want, as long as it doesn't affect my job performance or my co-workers.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Drama punk?

You guys are too much, when your soap operas got canceled this year, you created the benodd drama fest.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Drama punk?

You guys are too much, when your soap operas got canceled this year, you created the benodd drama fest.

Ben sure had the time to have a chat with Art Rooney II when he was tweaked about the Arians situation. Now all of a sudden he doesn't have time to talk with his new coordinator?

All I'm saying is he could easily end the drama, fabricated or not, and he hasn't done it. You can make light of it all you want, but at what point does it become a problem in your eyes?

I also thought this thing was being blown out of proportion initially, but the longer it goes on, the more it gains credibility. All he has to do is meet with him and both of them can tell the press that it's buried and they're on the same page and looking forward to working together. Why is that so difficult to understand?

I'd like nothing more than to be wrong on this because I want Ben to remain with the team and improve this offense with Haley's guidance. I'm not drumming up drama for drama's sake. I'd rather not believe it, but it's going to get to a point where it IS a problem if it isn't addressed soon. You can go sing "Kumbaya" all you want. It doesn't change the fact that the longer this issue stews, the more friction will come from it. It won't get better, it can only get worse.

Ricco Suavez
02-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Sorry, not a big deal at all. Only to some of the media and about half of the fans. I on the other hand is in the half that will wait and see.:coffee:

stb_steeler
02-18-2012, 10:27 AM

Amen brother........see if it wasnt for the media, most people would have nothing to talk about. If not for the internet, papers, tv, this wouldnt even be a subject.
Do people actually think the two will never get together before needed. Man if this is all that the fans have to worry about before the season even gets started we might as well throw in the :tt05:

Sixburgher
02-18-2012, 10:42 AM
All I'm saying is he could easily end the drama, fabricated or not, and he hasn't done it. You can make light of it all you want, but at what point does it become a problem in your eyes?

When he actually threatens to skip OTAs or training camp practices over it, maybe? You know, something that actually would affect the team in a negative manner? Mediots creating tabloid fodder over the fact that the two haven't met a whole entire week (gasp!) after he was introduced as the new offensive coordinator doesn't quite qualify in my estimation.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
When he actually threatens to skip OTAs or training camp practices over it, maybe? You know, something that actually would affect the team in a negative manner? Mediots creating tabloid fodder over the fact that the two haven't met a whole entire week (gasp!) after he was introduced as the new offensive coordinator doesn't quite qualify in my estimation.

I don't expect he'll skip any of those things. I'm just saying he should try to start out on the right foot with his new OC and at least meet with him ASAP to see what direction he wants to go in and bury any idea that Ben is holding a grudge against the FO for canning his boy Bruce.

Allowing this thing to go on too long could negatively affect the mood of the players, especially the young guys who he should be setting an example for. I'm not saying it's a definite problem, just that he should squash it now and he has the power to do so. The longer he waits only feeds into the perception that there is a problem and causes angst where there should be none.

This could, and probably is, much ado about nothing and just something for the talking heads to chatter on about in the off-season, but why give them the ammunition?

I fully expect Ben to get with him at some point.... the sooner the better, so the team can move on away from this crap.

wera176
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Exactly. Besides it's the (new) boss's responsibility to set up the meeting, not Ben's.

I think lots of you just look for something to whine and b$tch about and aren't any better than the media when it comes to trying to make a story out of nothing.

Drama punk? Please.... Ben does do some dumb stuff, but I'm not aware that he's done it to call attention to himself or call his own press conferences, or.... His worse habit is saying what he thinks when asked by the media... TO, Ocho, etc, those are Drama punks....

soulkitchen
02-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Sorry, not a big deal at all. Only to some of the media and about half of the fans. I on the other hand is in the half that will wait and see.:coffee:

I would agree, but I'd say it is a very small amount of fans. Some that will never get that this is no big deal.

stb_steeler
02-18-2012, 11:05 AM

You would think the coach should be the one to do this, but thru it all it seems like Tomlin takes the back seat sometimes.. :noidea:

6RingsAndCounting
02-18-2012, 11:29 AM
I flat out don't give a ish when he meets him. Ben is probably too busy with his new wifey :wink02::wink02:

6RingsAndCounting
02-18-2012, 11:31 AM
You would think the coach should be the one to do this, but thru it all it seems like Tomlin takes the back seat sometimes.. :noidea:

Tomlin has said he's a fan of Jersey Shore, he probably enjoys the drama

FrancoLambert
02-18-2012, 11:41 AM

He should take command of the situation and facilitate a meeting between the two.
The sooner he does this, it becomes a non-issue.
Please Coach, take command!

stb_steeler
02-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Tomlin has said he's a fan of Jersey Shore, he probably enjoys the drama

Prolly a big fan of modern house wives... :sofunny:

tanda10506
02-18-2012, 12:54 PM
So sick of hearing how Ben is "the king of drama" or how he needs to grow up. How does he need to "grow up", what, he's not grown up because he doesnt want to stop getting out of the pocket when it collapses to make plays? So he should change his style of play that has been winning championships because a few arm chair QB's dont like it, that would be growing up? If your referring to the off the field stuff then yes he had made some mistakes, but he was convicted of nothing, so he's only guilty of having bad judgement at the age of 26, but I am sure nobody else is guilty of that. And there have not been any problems since then. Could he do more, practice, train, etc. yes, and he has already started, but it is a job to these players, how much do you want to focus on your job after the 5 o'clock whistle? Probably less then Ben. As for the "drama", I didnt know playing hurt and not letting the team down was "drama". He wasnt breaking his own nose, he didnt fall on his own ankle, nor did he purposely injure himself on any other occasion. What part of that is drama? As for the current situation, the halls at the Steelers facility and the roads in Pittsburgh are all two way, Haley can go see Ben too, after all, Haley is the new guy.

This post wasnt directed at anybody individually.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 03:44 PM
If Ben is supposed to be a team captain and leader on this team, then he should lead and go meet Haley and get it over with. Even if it is the media blowing it out of proportion, it's obviously becoming an issue and if he wanted this to go away and smooth over he'd just meet with him already. The fact that he still hasn't after all of this drama has begun to surface tells me he IS being a bit of a drama king.

There's other members on the offensive squad that need to meet Haley about as much as Ben does. If Mendenhall meets him before Ben, then i'll start getting annoyed. And as for the story, it certainly isn't a non-story. The media may have made the story, but it's up to us to blow it up, and that we've clearly done. Nothing you can do about that.

As for the captain's and leaders of this team. Has Hines met Haley? He's a captain. No word there. Has Battle met Haley? Nope, he's on the free-agent list.

As far as i'm concerned, if this really is becoming an issue, our coach should do something about it. I don't think Tomlin would allow things like this to get out of hand, and i'm not sure things are this bad behind the seems as the media and it's viewers have tried to push.

Ben will meet Haley sooner rather than later, and if he doesn't, Tomlin should do something about it, if it really is a problem.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 04:25 PM
There's other members on the offensive squad that need to meet Haley about as much as Ben does. If Mendenhall meets him before Ben, then i'll start getting annoyed. And as for the story, it certainly isn't a non-story. The media may have made the story, but it's up to us to blow it up, and that we've clearly done. Nothing you can do about that.

As for the captain's and leaders of this team. Has Hines met Haley? He's a captain. No word there. Has Battle met Haley? Nope, he's on the free-agent list.

As far as i'm concerned, if this really is becoming an issue, our coach should do something about it. I don't think Tomlin would allow things like this to get out of hand, and i'm not sure things are this bad behind the seems as the media and it's viewers have tried to push.

Ben will meet Haley sooner rather than later, and if he doesn't, Tomlin should do something about it, if it really is a problem.

Why would Hines attempt to meet with an OC he may never work with? And as you stated, Battle is a free agent and more than likely not coming back. Even if he was, his primary coach is not Haley, but Al Everest. Battle rarely would see the field on offense. Mendenhall is hurt and may not even play next season. Not sure I see your point in bringing them up as examples.

I do, however, expect that our QB (the field general of the offense) would want to meet with him ASAP. The QB would be the one player you would want to get on board with the new OC first.

I agree with you that if it's becoming an issue, Tomlin should get out in front of it and try to make something happen. I also stated that it may not be as big of a problem as the media is painting it right now. I just don't understand why Ben wouldn't meet with him to shut them up and prove them wrong and I'd wish it would happen sooner than later.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Why would Hines attempt to meet with an OC he may never work with? And as you stated, Battle is a free agent and more than likely not coming back. Even if he was, his primary coach is not Haley, but Al Everest. Battle rarely would see the field on offense. Mendenhall is hurt and may not even play next season. Not sure I see your point in bringing them up as examples.

I do, however, expect that our QB (the field general of the offense) would want to meet with him ASAP. The QB would be the one player you would want to get on board with the new OC first.

I agree with you that if it's becoming an issue, Tomlin should get out in front of it and try to make something happen. I also stated that it may not be as big of a problem as the media is painting it right now. I just don't understand why Ben wouldn't meet with him to shut them up and prove them wrong and I'd wish it would happen sooner than later.

Battle's main coach is Al Everest due to his role on this team when he was here. But players like Sanders, Wallace and other starting wide out's, there coach is Scottie Montgomery. Same with Ben, his coach is Randy Finchtner. Haley calls' the plays. Ben should want to meet with Haley, but he hasn't yet. If that's becoming a problem, Tomlin need's to do something about it. For all we know, Ben may have met with him a week ago and the media is just trying to spit out the headlines, lol.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Battle's main coach is Al Everest due to his role on this team when he was here. But players like Sanders, Wallace and other starting wide out's, there coach is Scottie Montgomery. Same with Ben, his coach is Randy Finchtner. Haley calls' the plays. Ben should want to meet with Haley, but he hasn't yet. If that's becoming a problem, Tomlin need's to do something about it. For all we know, Ben may have met with him a week ago and the media is just trying to spit out the headlines, lol.

But all of those position coaches are under the umbrella of the OC. That and the OC is the new guy that needs to be met with, not the position coaches they already know.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 04:58 PM
But all of those position coaches are under the umbrella of the OC. That and the OC is the new guy that needs to be met with, not the position coaches they already know.

Just because you already know someone, doesn't mean you don't need to meet with them :chuckle:

I agree that Haley needs to be met with by the entire offense at some point this off-season, and that's obviously going to happen. But i'm not going everyone need's to meet him immediately. I think the best thing to do would be to hold a team meeting, amiright?

Wouldn't that make the most sense? C'mon Tomlin, kill 23 or so birds with one stone.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 05:03 PM
Just because you already know someone, doesn't mean you don't need to meet with them :chuckle:

I agree that Haley needs to be met with by the entire offense at some point this off-season, and that's obviously going to happen. But i'm not going everyone need's to meet him immediately. I think the best thing to do would be to hold a team meeting, amiright?

Wouldn't that make the most sense? C'mon Tomlin, kill 23 or so birds with one stone.

I agree everyone on the offense needs to meet him at some point and they will. My point is that Ben has been the center of controversy, real or imagined, since Arians was let go. He was vocal about his feelings and, expressed concern about the direction of the offense going forward and even stated that he didn't want to change too much.

What better person to get the answers from than the new OC Haley?

I would just like to see Ben put an end to the questions and address him directly. Take the media out of the equation. They will definitely only make more of a mountain out of a molehill the longer it is left for them to question.

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I agree everyone on the offense needs to meet him at some point and they will. My point is that Ben has been the center of controversy, real or imagined, since Arians was let go. He was vocal about his feelings and, expressed concern about the direction of the offense going forward and even stated that he didn't want to change too much.

What better person to get the answers from than the new OC Haley?

I would just like to see Ben put an end to the questions and address him directly. Take the media out of the equation. They will definitely only make more of a mountain out of a molehill the longer it is left for them to question.

I actually think the best person to get answers from would be Rooney, and he has met with him. Since the meeting he's been on the hush hush. I do think the best thing to do for Ben at this point is meet with Haley, but I don't think it's something he should be bashed for, which is why I started this argument in the first place. The guy I quoted called him everything but a princess...Nope, wait. He called him that too :chuckle:

Ben's got the right mind set right now on working out early and trying to get in shape, and it'd be great if he goes even further in the right direction and tries to get on the same page with Haley, but at this point, it's still the off-season. No official Steelers events have begun yet, and he's not contractually obligated to do anything within the organization at this point unless told to.

In a month or so he'll have to meet with him, but i'm hoping he does that well before. He's already off to an early start on things, let's just hope he keeps it up.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I actually think the best person to get answers from would be Rooney, and he has met with him. Since the meeting he's been on the hush hush. I do think the best thing to do for Ben at this point is meet with Haley, but I don't think it's something he should be bashed for, which is why I started this argument in the first place. The guy I quoted called him everything but a princess...Nope, wait. He called him that too :chuckle:

Ben's got the right mind set right now on working out early and trying to get in shape, and it'd be great if he goes even further in the right direction and tries to get on the same page with Haley, but at this point, it's still the off-season. No official Steelers events have begun yet, and he's not contractually obligated to do anything within the organization at this point unless told to.

In a month or so he'll have to meet with him, but i'm hoping he does that well before. He's already off to an early start on things, let's just hope he keeps it up.

I commend Ben for working out hard and trying to get in shape early. I also hope his meeting with Art II cleared some things up. You're still missing my point though. I know he isn't contractually obligated to meet with Haley, but he should just to shut the press up and assuage any fears that there could be a rift between he and Haley before they even meet.

I'm not bashing Ben. I just think he could be handling this smarter and more effectively than he currently is. Why allow this to grow into something more than it needs to be?

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I commend Ben for working out hard and trying to get in shape early. I also hope his meeting with Art II cleared some things up. You're still missing my point though. I know he isn't contractually obligated to meet with Haley, but he should just to shut the press up and assuage any fears that there could be a rift between he and Haley before they even meet.

I'm not bashing Ben. I just think he could be handling this smarter and more effectively than he currently is. Why allow this to grow into something more than it needs to be?

He should meet with Haley, but not to shut the press up. Haley himself said his father wouldn't let him read the Post-Gazette because it could effect his decision making. Ben should meet Haley to try and better this offense and move forward, as he's doing now with his health. And I know your not bashing him. Your actually making respectable discussion, it's other members that are completely biased that i'm speaking of.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 05:32 PM
And I know your not bashing him. Your actually making respectable discussion

HOLY CRAP! I've never been accused of that! :yikes:

You're gonna ruin my rep, Bagz! :doh:

:chuckle:

Bayz101
02-18-2012, 05:35 PM
HOLY CRAP! I've never been accused of that! :yikes:

You're gonna ruin my rep, Bagz! :doh:

Bless me father for I have sinned :nw::dang::chuckle:

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Bless me father for I have sinned :nw::dang::chuckle:

Too late. You're going straight to Hell.... do not pass go, do not collect $200. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/2196730786.gif

lloydwoodson
02-18-2012, 11:01 PM
The only player on the Steelers who consistently brings negative publicity in the off-season is Ben. He has found enough time in the off-season in previous years to bring negative attention to the team. He certainly has enough time to meet Haley. Is the media blowing it out of proportion? Sure, that is what they do. Ben needs to meet his new boss, and put an end to speculation. In a perfect world it would not matter what the media writes, but in the real world it does matter what the media writes. In the modern world every story, and every twitter feed is going to find it's way into the locker room. It would be nice if this was the first off-season where Ben put the team first.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 11:06 PM
The only player on the Steelers who consistently brings negative publicity in the off-season is Ben. He has found enough time in the off-season in previous years to bring negative attention to the team. He certainly has enough time to meet Haley. Is the media blowing it out of proportion? Sure, that is what they do. Ben needs to meet his new boss, and put an end to speculation. In a perfect world it would not matter what the media writes, but in the real world it does matter what the media writes. In the modern world every story, and every twitter feed is going to find it's way into the locker room. It would be nice if this was the first off-season where Ben put the team first.

Thank you. This is part of what I've been saying. It may be being blown out of proportion, but perception in the locker room can be a detriment if that perception is negative.

tony hipchest
02-18-2012, 11:20 PM
i have natural leadership instincts. i also have the instincts to put personal preferences, wants and desires aside in the name of professionalisn.

if i were ben, i woulda had no problem doing my HC and owner a favor by meeting with the new employee (one who happens to be my superior regardles of $$$ on the paycheck) and tell them "welcome".

if i were ben, i'd show some pride and make a free will gesture to show i was thankful of my job and opportunity to earn so much fame and fortune.

i could hate the bastard and wouldnt think twice about it. but thats just me.

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 11:22 PM
i have natural leadership instincts. i also have the instincts to put personal preferences, wants and desires aside in the name of professionalisn.

if i were ben, i woulda had no problem doing my HC and owner a favor by meeting with the new employee (one who happens to be my superior regardles of $$$ on the paycheck) and tell them "welcome".

if i were ben, i'd show some pride and make a free will gesture to show i was thankful of my job and opportunity to earn so much fame and fortune.

i could hate the bastard and wouldnt think twice about it. but thats just me.

Amen. :iagree:

lloydwoodson
02-18-2012, 11:45 PM
In fact, Ben should already be working with his receivers on any plays Haley knows he is going to introduce to the offense because it is going to take them two or three years to learn the new system. :toofunny:

Buddha Bus
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
In fact, Ben should already be working with his receivers on any plays Haley knows he is going to introduce to the offense because it is going to take them two or three years to learn the new system. :toofunny:

:toofunny:

Those young dummies. :sofunny:

Millers the sh!t
02-19-2012, 01:40 AM

First of all this is a message board and we aren't all "yes men" that have to agree with everything all of our players do. We are here to analyze and voice our opinions about the players, coaches, and front office.

And the last I checked, the great QB's mentally sacrifice themselves to win games, not physical. Ben needs to hit the books and tape. Not the turf.

Buddha Bus
02-19-2012, 09:28 AM
First of all this is a message board and we aren't all "yes men" that have to agree with everything all of our players do. We are here to analyze and voice our opinions about the players, coaches, and front office.

And the last I checked, the great QB's mentally sacrifice themselves to win games, not physical. Ben needs to hit the books and tape. Not the turf.

No.... we should all blindly support anything Steeler related and never question their almighty and omniscient masterhood. ALL HAIL THE STEELERS!

http://cache.io9.com/assets/images/8/2008/12/medium_futurama-brain-slug.jpg

Set-Man
02-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Ben should be mature by now.
The fact of the matter is nobody here knows what goes on behind the walls.
If he has met with Haley, then great, lets get going.
If not then it shows that he is still immature.

Big Ben is not Peyton Manning in the huddle. He still needs an Offensive Coordinator.
I like the fact that Haley doesn't take crap.

I am also waiting for Lebeau to retire, so Butler can tweak the defense.

madtowndrunkard
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM
I think this is pretty consistent with how Ben has been acting since we drafted him.

He's immature and always has been.

Ben's immaturity and ego are coming out. If Ben had any interest in winning he'd get with Haley and learn everything he can from him. Instead I expect Ben to show up at training camp...and not a day early. Ben will go out of his way to "NOT go out of his way" Ben does not want Haley to succeed, if he did succeed then he'd prove that his best friend Bruce was part of the problem. Ben is not going to do that.

I think Tomlin and the rest of the staff needs to sit down with Ben and work this out face to face. Ben needs to sit down with Haley. If Ben decides he doesn't want to make it work...then we have no choice but to trade him. Don't be shocked if that is what is playing out now. Ben already met with the Rooney's according to reports. He has made no attempt to contact Haley. It would not shock me at all of Ben is trying to orchestrate a trade...maybe even to Indy. ? I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me.

Maybe what needs to happen is a cooling off period. Maybe Ben's teammates need to sit down with Ben and get him to grow up?

tony hipchest
02-19-2012, 06:18 PM
I think Tomlin and the rest of the staff needs to sit down with Ben and work this out face to face. Ben needs to sit down with Haley. If Ben decides he doesn't want to make it work...then we have no choice but to trade him. Don't be shocked if that is what is playing out now. Ben already met with the Rooney's according to reports. He has made no attempt to contact Haley. It would not shock me at all of Ben is trying to orchestrate a trade...maybe even to Indy. ? I hope not, but it wouldn't shock me.

Maybe what needs to happen is a cooling off period. Maybe Ben's teammates need to sit down with Ben and get him to grow up?even moreso than ben needs to meet with haley, the media and sensitive fans need to cut out the melodrama thats in overdrive.

zcoop
02-19-2012, 07:10 PM
I think this is pretty consistent with how Ben has been acting since we drafted him.

He's immature and always has been.

Ben's immaturity and ego are coming out. If Ben had any interest in winning he'd get with Haley and learn everything he can from him. Instead I expect Ben to show up at training camp...and not a day early. Ben will go out of his way to "NOT go out of his way" Ben does not want Haley to succeed, if he did succeed then he'd prove that his best friend Bruce was part of the problem. Ben is not going to do that.

Maybe what needs to happen is a cooling off period. Maybe Ben's teammates need to sit down with Ben and get him to grow up?

I hope they've already met and that we can move forward. The last thing we need is a QB change. They need this work this chit out quitely.

60_MINUTES
02-19-2012, 08:32 PM
Ben should be mature by now.
The fact of the matter is nobody here knows what goes on behind the walls.
If he has met with Haley, then great, lets get going.
If not then it shows that he is still immature.

Big Ben is not Peyton Manning in the huddle. He still needs an Offensive Coordinator.
I like the fact that Haley doesn't take crap.

I am also waiting for Lebeau to retire, so Butler can tweak the defense.

I love the Steelers and Big Ben.. I think he will go down as one of the best ever but I get tired of his drama shit to.. you said BEN should be mature by now... thats correct however did you see the photos of him playing golf with his wife at the probowl?? the guy made a putt playing against his wife and looked up in the air to thank the Lord or give a shout to his mom... Come on man thats un real... Its not like he made a putt to win a tourney.. he was playing golf with his wife on their honeymoon... good lord the kid needs to grow up... I believe in GOD and pray all the time myself... I pray for the health of my family and kids to have good lives... I dont pray while someone takes a photo of me as I sink a putt against my wife on our honeymoon...lol I really cant believe he does stuff like that.. Its just so unreal its almost funny... Bottom Line BEN needed a guy like Haley years ago...............like when he was 5 years old

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
The drama is the media. I can care less about a gesture he makes while playing golf with his wife. Ben is considered a top 5 QB by most, he is a franchise QB, and a 2x SB champ. Haley is a known hot head who has won nothing and was fired before the ending of the season from the Chiefs as HC. So why does everybody think that Ben is immature if he doesnt go meet the new guy? Its a two way street and Haley is the new guy, he can go meet the champ. The problem I see with Ben is he thinks/thought that Arians plans were good when they were clearly horrible, but there's nothing immature about that, it's just not that smart of thinking. Even with the offense being mediocre and inconsistant for years, the team has still been going to the SB and winning championships, and it's pretty hard to think you need to change things when your doing that. We can see that the offense needs a major change, but Ben has been winning and you cant expect him to want to change everything with the success the team has had. Again, I'm not saying it doesnt need to drastically change, I just see how Ben wouldnt want too.

60_MINUTES
02-19-2012, 10:44 PM
The drama is the media. I can care less about a gesture he makes while playing golf with his wife. Ben is considered a top 5 QB by most, he is a franchise QB, and a 2x SB champ. Haley is a known hot head who has won nothing and was fired before the ending of the season from the Chiefs as HC. So why does everybody think that Ben is immature if he doesnt go meet the new guy? Its a two way street and Haley is the new guy, he can go meet the champ. The problem I see with Ben is he thinks/thought that Arians plans were good when they were clearly horrible, but there's nothing immature about that, it's just not that smart of thinking. Even with the offense being mediocre and inconsistant for years, the team has still been going to the SB and winning championships, and it's pretty hard to think you need to change things when your doing that. We can see that the offense needs a major change, but Ben has been winning and you cant expect him to want to change everything with the success the team has had. Again, I'm not saying it doesnt need to drastically change, I just see how Ben wouldnt want too.

I dont care about the gold gesture either man.. long as he wins ballgames which he does.. Im just saying BEN has always been Drama queen.. he has backed off a bit over the years but he loves playing it up.. Far as meeting Haley you would think any normal QB or player would want to meet his new coach.. again you say Haley should go meet the champ lol but anyway to your point.. Haley is going to work.. thats where Brown found him.. Haley shouldnt have to go to BENs house.. If Haley is at headquarters and BEN dont have enough Brains to pop in and say hey then thats just more retarded drama if you ask me...

Oh well like you said I dont care as long as they win Superbowls together... but I doubt a guy like Drew Brees. Peyton Manning, or Brady would play hide and seek with the guy that will be calling their plays for them... As much as BEN hates it thats the way it works.. If Haley wants he can turn this team into 70 percent run 30 pass... I agree that would be very stupid but BEN needs to understand Haley calls the plays.. he runs them its as simple as that.. If I were BEN I would at least want to see what kind of plays he had in mind... or heaven forbid you would think BEN might want to meet with him and talk to him about some of his fav formations.. Oh Well Drama Drama Drama but it always won in the past so lets not change that either lol

So go ahead BEN keep the Drama Rolling.. maybe you can look to the sky the next time you beat your wife in checkers...:rofl::rofl:

60_MINUTES
02-19-2012, 10:46 PM
And really before anyone labels me as a BEN hater or something stupid like that... let me tell you he is one of my fav players of all time and I actually think he is HOF material right now... needs a bit more numbers but anyway Im just old enough and have 3 kids so now I lived life a bit and can see a kid that just dont get life... What he needs is a baby... a reason to love someone more than himself... At least thats what done it for me..

Sixburgher
02-19-2012, 10:50 PM
If I were BEN I would at least want to see what kind of plays he had in mind... or heaven forbid you would think BEN might want to meet with him and talk to him about some of his fav formations..

I'm sure he will. At OTAs. Get a grip.

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 11:10 PM
I guess some people are just confused by the word drama and use it where it doesnt apply.

Wallace108
02-19-2012, 11:30 PM
I guess some people are just confused by the word drama and use it where it doesnt apply.

Ben went over Tomlin's head and wanted a meeting with the owner.
Ben has yet to meet with Haley while other players have.
Ben felt the need to bring up that other players have said bad things about Haley.
Ben said he doesn't want Haley to change the offense because it will set the offense back 2 or 3 years.
Ben criticized Haley's coaching style and said yelling doesn't work.

All of that's not unnecessary drama? :noidea:
The media isn't creating any of that. That's Ben creating it. All he had to say the first time he was asked is, "I look forward to meeting Haley and discussing the future of the offense." If he had said something simple like that and left it at that, there would be nothing for the media to report. Should we expect reporters not to do their jobs and not report this stuff?

How many times have we heard it said that players have to buy into a coach's system? We have a lot of young players on offense. How are they supposed to buy into Haley's system and coaching style when the leader on offense, the star quarterback, isn't willing to buy into it?

zcoop
02-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Ben felt the need to bring up that other players have said bad things about Haley.
Ben said he doesn't want Haley to change the offense because it will set the offense back 2 or 3 years.

The media isn't creating any of that. That's Ben creating it. All he had to say the first time he was asked is, "I look forward to meeting Haley and discussing the future of the offense." If he had said something simple like that and left it at that, there would be nothing for the media to report. Should we expect reporters not to do their jobs and not report this stuff?

How many times have we heard it said that players have to buy into a coach's system? We have a lot of young players on offense. How are they supposed to buy into Haley's system and coaching style when the leader on offense, the star quarterback, isn't willing to buy into it?

You make a very compelling and spot on argument. Didn't look at it from this perspective.:hatsoff:

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 12:17 AM
You make a very compelling and spot on argument. Didn't look at it from this perspective.:hatsoff:

:drink:

I don't believe Ben's attitude necessarily will have a negative effect on the team, but I certainly think he's acting like a little kid who didn't get his way.

What if it was the Ravens going through this same situation? I suspect everyone here would be laughing their asses off and calling Flacco a big baby. Or am I wrong, and everyone would be saying that the Baltimore media is just creating the drama? :noidea:

Millers the sh!t
02-20-2012, 01:50 AM

Good fact filled read.

I feel, If anyone argues with what you wrote they are either related to Hellen Keller or Big Ben himself. .

Bens approach to Haley is a small part of the microcosm of bad decision making he's famous for.

It's just more proof to me the "change" he made after his 2nd rape accusation and suspension is just BS.

I'm starting to believe OJ was innocent more than I am Ben.

MasterOfPuppets
02-20-2012, 01:59 AM

wally we all know reporters like to take things out of context and stir up shit. i mean suppose a reporter directly asked ben if he's seen haley ripping players on the sideline, and maybe even asked him how he'd respond to a public verbal assault ... but yet they don't print their question just ben's response.."yelling doesn't work."
or maybe they asked him his preference to keeping the old offense or completely changing it , so he gives an honest answer...but yet if you don't see the question , it looks like ben is making a preemptive strike against haley ...:noidea:

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I feel, If anyone argues with what you wrote they are either related to Hellen Keller or Big Ben himself.
A lot of people hate the media. And it's much easier to hate on reporters than it is a Steelers player. When Dulac first reported that Arians might not be coming back, I got into a big debate with another poster who said that Dulac was full of shit and was just making stuff up. But of course, that was just another case of a reporter creating drama. :wink02:

Bens approach to Haley is a small part of the microcosm of bad decision making he's famous for.

It's just more proof to me the "change" he made after his 2nd rape accusation and suspension is just BS.

I'm starting to believe OJ was innocent more than I am Ben.
I don't think I'd go that far, but I do remember after the Georgia incident Ben said he needed to be a better leader, both on and off the field. He's done a good job up to this point, but he's not being a good leader right now. Arians is gone ... and Ben has to get over it. He needs to get behind Haley and be the leader he promised he would be.

wally we all know reporters like to take things out of context and stir up shit.
Being a journalist, I'm not sure I can agree with that. :sofunny:
People are always claiming they were misquoted or their words were taken out of context. Sure, it does happen. But the majority of the time, they just don't realize what they said. A college coach accused me of misquoting him in a story I had written. I got irritated with his arrogance. I had the interview on tape and played it back for him. His response: :doh:
Most times when we're talking, we're not thinking about what we're saying. I can't tell you the number of times my wife has said something, and I laughed and repeated it back to her. She then says: "I didn't say that." ... I respond: "Uh, yeah you did!" I think we all can relate to that.

i mean suppose a reporter directly asked ben if he's seen haley ripping players on the sideline, and maybe even asked him how he'd respond to a public verbal assault ... but yet they don't print their question just ben's response.."yelling doesn't work."
or maybe they asked him his preference to keeping the old offense or completely changing it , so he gives an honest answer...but yet if you don't see the question , it looks like ben is making a preemptive strike against haley ...:noidea:
MoP, you make a very legitimate point. We see this happen all the time with polls ... answers are influenced by how the questions are asked. And of course this can happen with reporting as well. But I don't think that's the case here. If it was just one or two quotes, I might agree that it's a possibility. But we're dealing with a lot of quotes from various reporters. The quotes about Haley's yelling came from a radio interview, so the questions are known. And if we couple all that with Ben going over Tomlin's head and not meeting with Haley yet, I think it points to Ben having a bad attitude rather than a reporter asking a "gotcha" question.

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Wallace I do see your point of view, but I for one will never read any news report without reserve. I have went so far as to basically boycott ESPN and the NFL network for over a year. Media makes their rep by "stirring" up anything they can even the most benign articles.

Has Ben made mistakes yes he has, has Rooney made mistakes I believe he has in the way this was handled, has Tomlin made mistakes ,most likely in not asserting his position on the team, has Haley made mistakes, well based on what some say about him (not Ben either) I think he has his issues also.

I think the media is making too much of all this and it will sort itself out come OTA time. If any fan wants to read more into this then by all means knock yourself out, I for one will choose to take a wait and see attitude and like Momma always said "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

kan_t
02-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Wait, so it's all Ben's fault if they haven't met? The new comer can't contact the QB? Or both sides think that there is no rush to meet when it's still February?

No big deal.

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Wallace I do see your point of view, but I for one will never read any news report without reserve. I have went so far as to basically boycott ESPN and the NFL network for over a year. Media makes their rep by "stirring" up anything they can even the most benign articles.

Has Ben made mistakes yes he has, has Rooney made mistakes I believe he has in the way this was handled, has Tomlin made mistakes ,most likely in not asserting his position on the team, has Haley made mistakes, well based on what some say about him (not Ben either) I think he has his issues also.

I think the media is making too much of all this and it will sort itself out come OTA time. If any fan wants to read more into this then by all means knock yourself out, I for one will choose to take a wait and see attitude and like Momma always said "believe half of what you see and none of what you hear".

I don't completely disagree with you, Ricco. In regard to radio and TV "expert" analysts, they pretty much just give their opinions. They're more entertainers than they are journalists. Throw in Internet bloggers, and you've got a lot of people stirring shit. But there has to be something there for them to stir. And Ben is giving them plenty to work with. And being that it's the offseason with very little football-related news, the media is going to blow up even the smallest of things. But again, they wouldn't have anything to blow up if Ben had been acting like a leader instead of a spoiled child.

Wait, so it's all Ben's fault if they haven't met? The new comer can't contact the QB? Or both sides think that there is no rush to meet when it's still February?

No big deal.

I don't see Haley criticizing Ben for holding onto the ball too long or ignoring underneath routes. In fact, I don't see him saying much about Ben at all. All I've heard him talk about is winning. There's much more going on here than just the fact they haven't met yet.

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 11:02 AM
What I am going by is the one interview that I have listen to entirely was basically nothing to fret about, yet by the posts on here and elsewhere led people to believe Ben was ranting. The other interviews I have read "only" excerpts so I do not have the complete picture and I refuse to make a judgement on partial info. I could take any persons interview with the right questions and some subjective editing and make Mother Teresa appear to be an ass. Sorry I will just have to give Ben and Haley the benefit of the doubt until they meet and either work toward a new and better season or duke it out.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 11:15 AM
In other news, I took a shit this morning.

That's much more relevant then the over saturation of a pointless topic such as this. They'll meet when they meet, get over yourselves, media.

kan_t
02-20-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't see Haley criticizing Ben for holding onto the ball too long or ignoring underneath routes. In fact, I don't see him saying much about Ben at all. All I've heard him talk about is winning. There's much more going on here than just the fact they haven't met yet.
What does that have to do with their meeting? So Ben needs to rush to Haley's home because he has little concern about the new OC's scheme in February? And Ben has already said that he would follow the plan no matter what Haley's plan is. What's the big deal that they haven't met when the scouting combine hasn't even come yet?

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
What I am going by is the one interview that I have listen to entirely was basically nothing to fret about, yet by the posts on here and elsewhere led people to believe Ben was ranting. The other interviews I have read "only" excerpts so I do not have the complete picture and I refuse to make a judgement on partial info. I could take any persons interview with the right questions and some subjective editing and make Mother Teresa appear to be an ass. Sorry I will just have to give Ben and Haley the benefit of the doubt until they meet and either work toward a new and better season or duke it out.

Fair enough. :drink:

In other news, I took a shit this morning.

That's much more relevant then the over saturation of a pointless topic such as this. They'll meet when they meet, get over yourselves, media.
Pointless topic? The star quarterback, who we know is angry over the previous OC not being brought back, is criticizing the new OC's coaching style. That's not worthy of reporting or discussing? :huh: What else would you like to talk about on a Steelers message board? The weather is unseasonably warm here in Ohio. Would you like to discuss that? :noidea:

What does that have to do with their meeting? So Ben needs to rush to Haley's home because he has little concern about the new OC's scheme in February? And Ben has already said that he would follow the plan no matter what Haley's plan is. What's the big deal that they haven't met when the scouting combine hasn't even come yet?
What it has to do with the meeting is the fact that there's more to the story than just them not meeting. If that's all it was, then I agree that it wouldn't be a big deal. I don't think it's too common for a QB to say the kind of things about his new OC the way Ben has.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Ben Roethlisberger, who we know is angry based on an interview that showed absolutely no attitude, is a critic when speaking of the new OC? James Harrison is the Critic of this team. This topic is worth discussion on here, of course. But a new article comes out everyday saying the same old shit. I'm thinking of making this the official thread, just to put an end to that. Two articles made this morning on the same subject. Flipping out about Ben not meeting Haley when the damn combine hasn't even taken place, lol.

I was talking about the topic as a whole, not on here. It was fire at the media, not at you for discussing it.

MasterOfPuppets
02-20-2012, 02:10 PM
MoP, you make a very legitimate point. We see this happen all the time with polls ... answers are influenced by how the questions are asked. And of course this can happen with reporting as well. But I don't think that's the case here. If it was just one or two quotes, I might agree that it's a possibility. But we're dealing with a lot of quotes from various reporters. The quotes about Haley's yelling came from a radio interview, so the questions are known. And if we couple all that with Ben going over Tomlin's head and not meeting with Haley yet, I think it points to Ben having a bad attitude rather than a reporter asking a "gotcha" question.
i didn't hear the radio interview , but i do remember the anthony smith interview when the reporter ask him if they were going to win against NE. . now look at the way the media spun that shit to make it look like he was being a c0cky asshole , especially when it was put into print and the question was omitted...:noidea:

FrancoLambert
02-20-2012, 03:06 PM
C'mon Coach..... just call them in to the South Side Complex for a photo op meeting to end this non-issue.
That's all it will take......unless he's enjoying the tension that the media is creating over this.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Also: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/20/roethlisberger-says-he-still-hasnt-heard-from-haley/

Ben's waiting to hear from Haley, not the other way around. I think everyone got into a hissy fit for nothing.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 05:51 PM
It would make since for Haley to get a hold of Ben, because Haley's in the building everyday, and Ben isn't. The media blow's everything out of proportion, and now Ben says he's been waiting to hear from him. Still, i'm sure the media will find a way to twist this as well, just wait and see.

"Ben's lazy and out of shape, if his ass wasn't so big in his jeans he may be able to go to Haley's office and speak with him." :chuckle:

stb_steeler
02-20-2012, 05:56 PM
OK now its starting to sound like a he said she said type of thing......:popcorn:

zcoop
02-20-2012, 06:54 PM
:blah: Enough already! :blah:

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
:blah: Enough already! :blah:

Well, the latest "Haley hasn't got a hold of me yet" article could put an end to the "Ben's rebellion" bullchit, but now it'll probably be some Haley bashing :chuckle:

It's the off-season. There's a story even when there's not a story.

jjpro11
02-20-2012, 08:28 PM
it's pretty clear to me Haley is taking a hard-line approach that he's not here to seek out and make friends with the players, he's here to coach. it's also pretty clear that Ben is still a little pissy about the Steelers letting go of Arians. i mean, c'mon.. he's always had a flare for the dramatics, his good friend was fired, and now he has to learn a new playbook. it's not difficult to put all that together and realize where there's some smoke, there's fire. in the end, i don't think any of this will mean much of anything. so Ben and Haley won't play golf in the offseason? oh well.. Ben, Whiz and Cowher all butt heads when they were together, but everything worked out just fine.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 08:31 PM
it's pretty clear to me Haley is taking a hard-line approach that he's not here to seek out and make friends with the players, he's here to coach. it's also pretty clear that Ben is still a little pissy about the Steelers letting go of Arians. i mean, c'mon.. he's always had a flare for the dramatics, his good friend was fired, and now he has to learn a new playbook. it's not difficult to put all that together and realize where there's some smoke, there's fire. in the end, i don't think any of this will mean much of anything. so Ben and Haley won't play golf in the offseason? oh well.. Ben, Whiz and Cowher all butt heads when they were together, but everything worked out just fine.

Yep. The media's going to keep things going, so i'm just hoping one of the two break down and have a meeting.

tony hipchest
02-20-2012, 10:22 PM
or haley is just busy moving his family cross country.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 10:33 PM

That's actually a possibility, lol.

tony hipchest
02-20-2012, 11:13 PM
its a long drive. kids gotta be enrolled in a new school. :hunch:

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks like he's taking a timeout from his packing to meet with Willie Colon today.

https://twitter.com/#!/willcolon74/status/171762624323780608

tony hipchest
02-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Looks like he's taking a timeout from his packing to meet with Willie Colon today.

https://twitter.com/#!/willcolon74/status/171762624323780608

that willie colon and antonio brown... such suck asses. :chuckle:

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 11:49 PM
i didn't hear the radio interview , but i do remember the anthony smith interview when the reporter ask him if they were going to win against NE. . now look at the way the media spun that shit to make it look like he was being a c0cky asshole , especially when it was put into print and the question was omitted...:noidea:
No, you're absolutely right about that one. Smith was baited into saying that he guaranteed a victory. But I think that's a lot different than what we're discussing now. With Smith, he was a young player who didn't have a lot of experience with the media, at least not in terms of being swarmed like he was that day. Instead of giving a cliched answer like, "We go into every game thinking we're going to win," he allowed the reporter to bait him into guaranteeing victory. But Ben is a veteran player who has a lot of experience in dealing with the media. He knows that everything he says is going to be printed and analyzed. And he's usually really good about saying the right things. If we were talking about a single quote, or an article from a single reporter, I'd be inclined to agree with you. But we've had various quotes from various reporters. Ben is too media savvy to get baited that much. And also, we're not just talking about what Ben has said. We need to look at the whole picture. Things have seemed odd ever since the news broke about Arians. Some have suggested that there's a power struggle going on. I don't know if I buy that, but I think something is going on.

A. Brown has talked with Haley. Colon is meeting with Haley today. Heck, even Batch has talked with Haley. And that's who we know of. It's odd that the franchise QB hasn't talked to him yet. At the end of the day, it might not amount to much of anything. But coupled with all of Ben's comments and the controversy surrounding Arians' departure, I think there's more going on here than just the media making shit up.

You know me, MoP ... I love being right. But this is a case where I hope I'm wrong. :drink:

:sofunny:

Maybe Colon is giving Haley a doctor's note to excuse him from future practices. :wink02:

Bayz101
02-21-2012, 01:29 AM

IowaSteeler927
02-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Amen brother........see if it wasnt for the media, most people would have nothing to talk about. If not for the internet, papers, tv, this wouldnt even be a subject.
Do people actually think the two will never get together before needed. Man if this is all that the fans have to worry about before the season even gets started we might as well throw in the :tt05:

I couldn't agree more. The media says these guys haven't met. They probably text each other and laugh at all the people making a big deal out of it. I am sure Ben is unhappy about Arians losing the job however, it's not as if Arians didn't get the exact same job somewhere else. The media and some fans are blowing this exponentially out of proportion then you factor in the people that just seem to hate Ben and it's an excuse to rip on the guy.