PDA

View Full Version : Terrible towel

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Well I hope I put this in the right spot, dont know where to put it exactly. Anyway, I work out a lot at the gym and of course you need a towel while doing that. I saw a lady in the gym today with a yellow towel and it got me thinking, what better way to show your Steeler pride then using a terrible towel. Question though, do you thinking using the towel would be disrespectful to it since it would be used like a "sweat" towel, or do you see it as just showing of your Steeler pride?

Bayz101
02-19-2012, 06:05 PM
Wow. That's a tough question to answer. There's terrible towel skirts that cover up women's asses nowaday's, so I think your safe :applaudit:

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Lol didnt think about that, thats solid logic.

stb_steeler
02-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Well I hope I put this in the right spot, dont know where to put it exactly. Anyway, I work out a lot at the gym and of course you need a towel while doing that. I saw a lady in the gym today with a yellow towel and it got me thinking, what better way to show your Steeler pride then using a terrible towel. Question though, do you thinking using the towel would be disrespectful to it since it would be used like a "sweat" towel, or do you see it as just showing of your Steeler pride?

Absolutely not, the TT has many purposes. Ahh if mine could only talk!

zcoop
02-19-2012, 06:56 PM

I wish they could make breakfast :tt04:

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 07:13 PM

To be clear, you think it's not disrespectful or were you saying absolutely dont use it?

tony hipchest
02-19-2012, 07:13 PM
I wish they could make breakfast :tt04:
lol...

as long as youre using your towel with pride use it to your hearts content.:tt:

GameTime55
02-19-2012, 07:22 PM
I wouldnt suggest it as being disrespectful.

Rather I would term it more appropriate for "waving purposes" or lucky charm or simply gameday decor at the house if you are not at the game. And of course, you are always at liberty to wave that thing at home as well if you please (I DO. :tt02:)

But either way, whatever you think -- others will have to roll with, right? Im sure you can justify either direction you head in with it because ..quite honestly.. it is the TERRIBLE TOWEL and its majestic power and grace will always rise above everything (including the sweat.. :wink02:)

just my two cents..:wave:r

And although unrelated to this , I have always hated when I see other organizations with their version of towel waving support. Just stop! You cant duplicate the real deal!

http://hot92and100.com/sites/default/files/20050116jb_terrible_towel_wavePJ_580.jpg

StainlessStill
02-19-2012, 08:25 PM

Use it anyway you can. If you bleed Black and Gold, it should be apart of you in every way, shape or form. If it'll help you motivated in the gym, use it.

I'm that guy that takes my Terrible Towel wherever I go. Go out to diner? I have it hanging from my pocket. Go out to have a drink? I'm the Steelers guy with the Terrible Towel. I went to take a certification test for my new job the other day and just felt I needed my towel for comfort and motivation. It is kind of part of me now. I say yes, it's a good idea and you should do it if you bleed.

tanda10506
02-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Well I do so I will lol. Maybe it's power will give me extra strength!

PhantomJB93
02-19-2012, 10:33 PM
I personally would never use mine for anything like that, but as long as you're using it to show your Steeler pride and not in a disrespectful way like "The Steelers suck so I'm gonna wipe my sweat all over this towel" I'm okay with it.

stb_steeler
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
To be clear, you think it's not disrespectful or were you saying absolutely dont use it?

0C8_bt1_4No
More of what i had in mind

stb_steeler
02-19-2012, 11:27 PM
XDj6kywTm50
This would be unacceptable......The Song says it all.....:tt02:

tanda10506
02-20-2012, 12:16 AM
Not sure that answers the question but good video lol

stb_steeler
02-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Not sure that answers the question but good video lol

OK....... meant its ok to use the TT for lots of things, but dont disrespect it! :wink02:

Rick5895
02-20-2012, 06:28 AM
LOL, can certainly tell it's the off season.

FrancoLambert
02-20-2012, 10:13 AM
A Steeler fan can use it as he or she sees fit. :tt04:

My biggest gripe is the copy-cat issue. :tt02:

Every team/sport/city seems to hand out towels for waving now. :tt:

How original!!!!! :tt03:

LayingTheWoodley56
02-20-2012, 05:30 PM
A very interesting question. Quick personal anecdote: my mother once discovered a Terrible Towel of mine somewhere in the house, took it as a run-in-the-mill rag, and stuffed it in the dish towel drawer. Suffice to say, I was mortified and since then (partially because I read this once also), the Terrible Towel should never be used for anything except its intended purpose. But then again, they sell the "Terrible Golf Towel" which presumably gets covered in dirt. The solution? They should create a whole line of "Terrible" products that includes a dish towel, sweat towel, etc. etc. Then we wouldn't have to argue.

At any rate, wave those towels!!

stb_steeler
02-20-2012, 06:03 PM
A very interesting question. Quick personal anecdote: my mother once discovered a Terrible Towel of mine somewhere in the house, took it as a run-in-the-mill rag, and stuffed it in the dish towel drawer. Suffice to say, I was mortified and since then (partially because I read this once also), the Terrible Towel should never be used for anything except its intended purpose. But then again, they sell the "Terrible Golf Towel" which presumably gets covered in dirt. The solution? They should create a whole line of "Terrible" products that includes a dish towel, sweat towel, etc. etc. Then we wouldn't have to argue.

At any rate, wave those towels!!

They do make dish TT....the wife has one.....:)