PDA

View Full Version : Sanders to return kicks/punts next year?

Curtain_of_Steel
02-20-2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/report-emmanuel-sanders-told-he-will-return-kicks-punts-in-2012/

Sorry Antonio you didn't do that well, we really prefer you try to make the all pro team solely as a wr?lol Also Antonio we rather start from the 20 as opposed to the 27-30 and let Ben get more stats, lol So we will go with sanders, at least through the 1st preseason game or until he gets hurts running to the buffett line. Plus Antonio if you make the probowl again, it just means we get more pressure to sign you long term from our idiot fans.
What you guys don't get is, if we get rid of all wr's we have to run the ball, lol

I know the Rooneys are Obama lovers but they don't have to start running the team like Obama runs the country, now do they?lol

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
How bout we give this a chance? Brown is too valuable as a receiver to risk injury on Special Teams. If it works out then it will be genius, if not then everyone can rip the front office or coaches or I don't know how but Ben? Really pad his stats?

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
BTW we were near the bottom in starting field position, so even though Brown was all pro there are other factors to starting position. How bout this next year we cut our own turnovers and the defense create a few.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-20-2012, 10:36 AM
It was a comment about Ben, I was running out of material, lol Starting back further gets more stats blah blah.

If the stats show his output is less, what is there to try? If Sanders is as fragile as he has been the last 2 season, why put him out there more? that dude may get hurt while he sleeps for we know.
I would think there are other areas of this team that need to be addressed, not the All pro return man, lol

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Brown is now the number 2 receiver on this team, maybe number 1 by the time the season starts. Why risk injury not to mention additional wear on his body when he could be more valuable on the offense. I am sure this is just the first answer to who will be the return man, and does not mean he could not do it on a limited basis.

kan_t
02-20-2012, 10:46 AM
If the Steelers are confident that Wallace is going to stay, this move makes perfect sense. If Wallace is gone, I don't even want Sanders to be the return man. Too much risk to lose your No.2 receiver.

Ricco Suavez
02-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Exactly Kan_t. This is just a first look at the position. Read elsewhere that Gilbert is going to the left side can anyone post a link.

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Thats fine, if we sign him he wouldn't return kicks anyhow, no point in risking injury if we are going to pay good money for him.

Wallace108
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Brown is now the number 2 receiver on this team, maybe number 1 by the time the season starts. Why risk injury not to mention additional wear on his body when he could be more valuable on the offense. I am sure this is just the first answer to who will be the return man, and does not mean he could not do it on a limited basis.

Yeah, I think this is what it boils down to.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 11:52 AM
Pretty sure Antonio had 1,000 yards on kick returns.

FrancoLambert
02-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Great returners who become full time/great receivers usually don't keep their job as a returner.
See Lynn Swann.

LayingTheWoodley56
02-20-2012, 05:22 PM
The game in Miami in 2010 jumps out at me when I think of Sanders as a returner - I remember watching that day and thinking that this guy was a seriously dynamic return man. Looking back on the numbers, he had 5 returns for a 28.8 average, and a long of 48. That was a week before he had a nice punt return in New Orleans. I was a little surprised when it was instead Brown that emerged in that role instead.

At any rate, if he can stay healthy its not a bad problem to have two guys who can break a return touchdown. I say let's just get to camp (which can't come soon enough, incidentally) and put the job up for grabs.

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 06:07 PM
The game in Miami in 2010 jumps out at me when I think of Sanders as a returner - I remember watching that day and thinking that this guy was a seriously dynamic return man. Looking back on the numbers, he had 5 returns for a 28.8 average, and a long of 48. That was a week before he had a nice punt return in New Orleans. I was a little surprised when it was instead Brown that emerged in that role instead.

At any rate, if he can stay healthy its not a bad problem to have two guys who can break a return touchdown. I say let's just get to camp (which can't come soon enough, incidentally) and put the job up for grabs.

He can be a great return man, but if he ends up as our number 2 receiever, do you risk injury?