PDA

View Full Version : Your Steelers All-Suck team since 2000

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
I realize since we're the steelers, we don't have too many sucky players, but who are the worst steelers players since 2000?

I'm just going with the skill positions, since we've had so many bad linemen

QB- Kent Graham,
RB- Amos Zereoue
FB- Carey Davis
WR- Limas Sweed
WR- Troy Edwards
TE- David Johnson

LB- Alonzo Jackson
LB- Nathaniel Adibi
LB- Bruce Davis
Couldn't think of another Linebacker
CB- Chad Scott
CB- Hank Poteat
S- Anthony Smith
S- Tyrone Carter

harrison'samonster
02-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I kind of liked Tyrone Carter. I can't argue with the rest of your list.

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM

Other than defensive backs, the Steelers don't have any glaring sucky players at any position. Just goes to show how great of an organization this is.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I had high hopes for Amos, but that failed. Can't disagree with your list, though.

harrison'samonster
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I had thought Amos was going to be something special, he was pretty disappointing

StainlessStill
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
QB- Tee Martin (Kent Graham was a GREAT choice. I just want to be different!)
RB- Richard Huntley
FB- David Johnson
WR- Cedric Wilson
WR- Terrance Mathis
TE- Jay Riemersma

LB- Alonzo Jackson
LB- Bruce Davis
LB- Mike Jones
CB- Dewayne Washington (Chad Scott was reliable coming up with the INT.)
CB- Hank Poteat
S- Scott Shields
S- Brent Alexander

steeltheone
02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
It is sort of unclear what you a basing your list on...I mean going over your list there has been worse backs than Amos and Carey Davis....JT Wall comes to mind, heck batch and Dwyer are worse at this point.

Tyrone Carter was a very serviceable backup...Hank Poteat is still in the league,,,you could name Colclough,lavar glover, Scott Shields as much worse

Dallas baker, willie reid Wr's come to mind

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
QB- Tee Martin (Kent Graham was a GREAT choice. I just want to be different!)
RB- Richard Huntley
FB- David Johnson
WR- Cedric Wilson
WR- Terrance Mathis
TE- Jay Riemersma

LB- Alonzo Jackson
LB- Bruce Davis
LB- Mike Jones
CB- Dewayne Washington (Chad Scott was reliable coming up with the INT.)
CB- Hank Poteat
S- Scott Shields
S- Brent Alexander

Can't disagree with that, especially Cedric Wilson, that guy was an idiot! I could have went on for days with the corners...

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
It is sort of unclear what you a basing your list on...I mean going over your list there has been worse backs than Amos and Carey Davis....JT Wall comes to mind, heck batch and Dwyer are worse at this point.

Tyrone Carter was a very serviceable backup...Hank Poteat is still in the league,,,you could name Colclough,lavar glover, Scott Shields as much worse

No one really expected as much out of J.T. as they did out of Amos. Davis couldn't block well, and got mowed over in lot's of key situations. Baron Batch is likely to be Redman's backup going into next year, and he had one of the better camp's before the season than any other player. Dwyer had a 70+ yard touchdown run this year, and to top it all off, Mendenhall is our starter, Redman was the clear backup, and he was around a year or so longer than Dwyer and Batch.

I agree with his list, and his opinion.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Not to mention J.T. was a full back, and i'm pretty sure Dan Krieder was our FB then.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 09:07 PM
Can't disagree with that, especially Cedric Wilson, that guy was an idiot! I could have went on for days with the corners...

I caught one of Wilson's gloves at a Browns-Steelers game back when he was around. I think it was the game Harrison body slammed a Brown's fan, but I may be mistaken. Needless to say, I was hoping Wilson would be successful.

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 09:11 PM
I caught one of Wilson's gloves at a Browns-Steelers game back when he was around. I think it was the game Harrison body slammed a Brown's fan, but I may be mistaken. Needless to say, I was hoping Wilson would be successful.

Wow, I would have loved to be at that game. Wilson had potential, he had a great playoffs in 2005-06, but he wasn't all there mentally.

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 09:15 PM

It's more based on who had opportunities and didn't do well with them. If you're getting payed a decent amount and you suck the place up, then welcome to the list, but i'm not going to throw people on the practice squad on this list, because not much was expected out of them.

Steel Peon
02-20-2012, 09:16 PM
I think maybe the list should be restricted to starters.........which Tyrone Carter was not.

You wanna talk starters? How 'bout Verron Haynes, and Dewayne Washington?

6RingsAndCounting
02-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I think maybe the list should be restricted to starters.........which Tyrone Carter was not.

You wanna talk starters? How 'bout Verron Haynes, and Dewayne Washington?

Tyrone started a little bit, due to injuries, and I thought about putting Haynes on the list.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Tyrone started a little bit, due to injuries, and I thought about putting Haynes on the list.

That's what backup's do, they start in place of injured players :chuckle:

Haynes was bad though, that's for sure.

tony hipchest
02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Tee Martin was drafted a round earlier and 2 qb's before Tom Brady. with that being said, omar jacobs sucked as bad as him. as for starters it'd have to be kent graham and then mike tomczac.

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Tee Martin was drafted a round earlier and 2 qb's before Tom Brady. with that being said, omar jacobs sucked as bad as him. as for starters it'd have to be kent graham and then mike tomczac.

I may be wrong, but wasn't Mike T. with us before 2000 came around? Probably not by much.

tony hipchest
02-21-2012, 12:11 AM
I may be wrong, but wasn't Mike T. with us before 2000 came around? Probably not by much.youre right... he was cut by then. i just got caught up in the kent grahm/tee martin/omar jacobs sucktitude.

ricardisimo
02-21-2012, 04:57 AM
I realize since we're the steelers, we don't have too many sucky players, but who are the worst steelers players since 2000?

I'm just going with the skill positions, since we've had so many bad linemen

QB- Kent Graham,
RB- Amos Zereoue
FB- Carey Davis
WR- Limas Sweed
WR- Troy Edwards
TE- David Johnson

LB- Alonzo Jackson
LB- Nathaniel Adibi
LB- Bruce Davis
Couldn't think of another Linebacker
CB- Chad Scott
CB- Hank Poteat
S- Anthony Smith
S- Tyrone Carter
I'm just glad that Thad Gibson didn't make this list. There would have been hell to pay.

dbsfgyd1
02-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Just asking, but how isn't that with a OL that has been so bad not have any one selected for the all time crap list?

steelerchad
02-21-2012, 10:01 AM

I can never get that image of him whiffing on tackling Garrard on 4th and 2 at the end of the playoff game in 07. I was in the lower endzone seats where Garrard ran to daylight, and the crowd just completely deflated with that epic missed tackle.

For that reason, I can't like Tyrone Carter.

Whodis
02-21-2012, 10:22 AM
CB Willie Williams
RB Willie Parker (all time overrated)

LayingTheWoodley56
02-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't include Wilson on these lists, simply because he was a key contributor to a Super Bowl run (that long catch in Cincy and a TD in Denver.) Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott definitely jump to mind as a reminder of the horrendous secondaries of the early 2000's.

FrancoLambert
02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
The fact that David Johnson makes this team at 2 positions says it all about him.
I'd nominate him for Team Captain. He's so inept he would screw up calling the coin toss. ("What's the 3rd choice?")
I also think that Rollerskates Scott (I can't take credit for his moniker, someone on this board beat me to it) has a good shot at cracking this roster.

Steel Peon
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
I may be wrong, but wasn't Mike T. with us before 2000 came around?
I believe '97 was his last year, and that's why I didn't mention that he wasn't on this list. Now, if you wanted to do an All-Time list, he would definitely be my #1 choice.

In fact, it downright fking infuriated me that he was ever on this team.......I almost stopped watching football altoghether. He was even a steaming pile for a back up.

Fire Arians
02-21-2012, 12:27 PM
CB Willie Williams
RB Willie Parker (all time overrated)

williams wasn't a bad #2 corner

6RingsAndCounting
02-21-2012, 12:52 PM
williams wasn't a bad #2 corner

Well, he's the best of the worst :chuckle:

fujirama24
02-21-2012, 01:04 PM
I did a whole lineup.
QB-K.STEWART
RB-DUCE STALEY
FB-FRANK SUMMERS
WR1-TROY EDWARDS
WR2-WILLIE REID
TE-MATT SPAETH
LT-MATHIAS NKWENTI
LG-C.KEMO
C-SEAN MAHAN
RG-RICH TYLSKI
RT-OLIVER ROSS
DEFENSE
LDE-RYAN MCBEAN
NT-COULDN'T FIND ONE
RDE-KEVIN HENRY
LOLB-ANDRE FRAZIER
LILB-RIAN WALLACE
RILB-BRUCE DAVIS
ROLB-NATHAN ADIBI
LCB-DWAYNE WASHINGTON
SS-SCOTT SHIELDS
FS-ANTHONY SMITH
RCB-R.COLCLOUGH
K-KRIS BROWN
P-MITCH BERGER

StainlessStill
02-21-2012, 01:30 PM
I did a whole lineup.
QB-K.STEWART
RB-DUCE STALEY
FB-FRANK SUMMERS
WR1-TROY EDWARDS
WR2-WILLIE REID
TE-MATT SPAETH
LT-MATHIAS NKWENTI
LG-C.KEMO
C-SEAN MAHAN
RG-RICH TYLSKI
RT-OLIVER ROSS
DEFENSE
LDE-RYAN MCBEAN
NT-COULDN'T FIND ONE
RDE-KEVIN HENRY
LOLB-ANDRE FRAZIER
LILB-RIAN WALLACE
RILB-BRUCE DAVIS
ROLB-NATHAN ADIBI
LCB-DWAYNE WASHINGTON
SS-SCOTT SHIELDS
FS-ANTHONY SMITH
RCB-R.COLCLOUGH
K-KRIS BROWN
P-MITCH BERGER

I'd replace Kris Brown with Todd Peterson. God that guy made my a**hole bleed. Barely had enough leg to kick a P.A.T.

jiminpa
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Chad Grab Scott tops list of this millennium's horrible DBs. His best season was the one he spent on IR. He was Donahoe's idea of the reason we could let Woodson go. I would even rather see Burnt Alexander in pass coverage. DeWayne Washington had no business in the NFL either. That's the thing about criticizing Cowher's success; he was working with Donahoe's personnel most of his time as HC, and still managed to come into every season with legitimate playoff hopes.

Kordell Stewart and David Johnson have to be high on the list too.

Fire Arians
02-21-2012, 02:23 PM
Well, he's the best of the worst :chuckle:

just saying though, i would definitely put him above tim mckyer or chad scott. chad scott even more so because he was a 1st round pick and still sucked.

LayingTheWoodley56
02-21-2012, 02:25 PM
I did a whole lineup.
QB-K.STEWART
RB-DUCE STALEY
FB-FRANK SUMMERS
WR1-TROY EDWARDS
WR2-WILLIE REID
TE-MATT SPAETH
LT-MATHIAS NKWENTI
LG-C.KEMO
C-SEAN MAHAN
RG-RICH TYLSKI
RT-OLIVER ROSS
DEFENSE
LDE-RYAN MCBEAN
NT-COULDN'T FIND ONE
RDE-KEVIN HENRY
LOLB-ANDRE FRAZIER
LILB-RIAN WALLACE
RILB-BRUCE DAVIS
ROLB-NATHAN ADIBI
LCB-DWAYNE WASHINGTON
SS-SCOTT SHIELDS
FS-ANTHONY SMITH
RCB-R.COLCLOUGH
K-KRIS BROWN
P-MITCH BERGER

Why Spaeth? And how can you put Andre Frazier on this list as a linebacker, he was never asked to start and he was solid on special teams. Someone made this point above me. A list like this should be limited to starting players only.

Whodis
02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
David Johnson is terrible!! I didn't think Spaeth was all that bad

fujirama24
02-21-2012, 04:50 PM
Why Spaeth? And how can you put Andre Frazier on this list as a linebacker, he was never asked to start and he was solid on special teams. Someone made this point above me. A list like this should be limited to starting players only.

I agree with you on frazier I just had a hard time finding another LBer. As for spaeth he was a 3rd round pick and didn't really live up to that he couldn't catch anything and his blocking was suspect also. Yeah you can say david johnson but what was he a 6 or 7th round pick at best. Another guy to think of was jerame tuman his production was horrible but he was a good blocker.

Edman
02-21-2012, 05:31 PM
QB- Kent Graham, Dennis Dixon, Omar Jacobs
RB- Duce Staley, Amos Zereoue, Najeh Davenport
FB- David Johnson, Carey Davis
WR- Troy Edwards, Willie Reid, Lima Bean, Ced Wilson,
TE- David Johnson (F U Arians)
C- Justin Hartwig, Chukki Okobi
G- Chris Kemoeatu, Sean Mahan
T- Jon Scott, Oliver Ross

DL- Ryan McBean, Shaun Nua, Nick Eason
LB- Alonzo Jackson, Rian Wallace, Bruce Davis

Secondary- Dwayne Washington, Burnt Alexander, Lee Deflowers, Charred Scott, Ty Carter (Dude had heart but he was bad), Chidi Iwouma, Hank Poteat, Ricardco Choke-lee. Willie Gay and Keenan Lewis were going to be on this list, but they saved themselves at the last moment last year.

6RingsAndCounting
02-21-2012, 05:43 PM
QB- Kent Graham, Dennis Dixon, Omar Jacobs
RB- Duce Staley, Amos Zereoue, Najeh Davenport
FB- David Johnson, Carey Davis
WR- Troy Edwards, Willie Reid, Lima Bean, Ced Wilson,
TE- David Johnson (F U Arians)
C- Justin Hartwig, Chukki Okobi
G- Chris Kemoeatu, Sean Mahan
T- Jon Scott, Oliver Ross

DL- Ryan McBean, Shaun Nua, Nick Eason
LB- Alonzo Jackson, Rian Wallace, Bruce Davis

Secondary- Dwayne Washington, Burnt Alexander, Lee Deflowers, Charred Scott, Ty Carter (Dude had heart but he was bad), Chidi Iwouma, Hank Poteat, Ricardco Choke-lee. Willie Gay and Keenan Lewis were going to be on this list, but they saved themselves at the last moment last year.

Don't forget Joe Burnett. I was at the game against the Raiders that he dropped the game clinching interception.

MDSteel15
02-22-2012, 09:14 AM
I did a whole lineup.
QB-K.STEWART
RB-DUCE STALEY
FB-FRANK SUMMERS
WR1-TROY EDWARDS
WR2-WILLIE REID
TE-MATT SPAETH
LT-MATHIAS NKWENTI
LG-C.KEMO
C-SEAN MAHAN
RG-RICH TYLSKI
RT-OLIVER ROSS
DEFENSE
LDE-RYAN MCBEAN
NT-COULDN'T FIND ONE
RDE-KEVIN HENRY
LOLB-ANDRE FRAZIER
LILB-RIAN WALLACE
RILB-BRUCE DAVIS
ROLB-NATHAN ADIBI
LCB-DWAYNE WASHINGTON
SS-SCOTT SHIELDS
FS-ANTHONY SMITH
RCB-R.COLCLOUGH
K-KRIS BROWN
P-MITCH BERGER

There is no way Mark Malone and David Woodley are not here in place of Kordell!!!! No matter how much you hate him...
And Troy Edwards at least had a career over Limas Sweed!
The rest is pretty good(bad)...

fujirama24
02-22-2012, 05:12 PM
There is no way Mark Malone and David Woodley are not here in place of Kordell!!!! No matter how much you hate him...
And Troy Edwards at least had a career over Limas Sweed!
The rest is pretty good(bad)...

I was told we were just doing since 2000. Heck if you want to list are bad QB's just look at the 80's and mark malone wasn't as bad as some of the rest. How bout Todd Blackledge or How bout Cliff Stoudt he threw for a mere 12 td's and threw 21 int's in 1983. At least Malone lead us to the afc championship in 84

FrancoLambert
02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
Oh the pain involved in reviewing this great roster.

Colclough, the hype about this "unknown gem' was incredible.

David Johnson takes up 2 roster spots, TE and FB.

Spaeth doesn/t belong, he wasn't that bad.

"Mitch Berger back to punt" still makes me sick.

Frank "The Tank" Summers, the answer to our FB problem.

What a list, compiled from the team with the most SB wins. Amazing!

LayingTheWoodley56
02-22-2012, 10:52 PM

Wilson had 92 yards and a touchdown in the championship game against the Broncos. That Sunday alone should exempt him from any "all suck" team.

StainlessStill
02-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Wilson had 92 yards and a touchdown in the championship game against the Broncos. That Sunday alone should exempt him from any "all suck" team.

Wilson had a big postseason in 2005. He was money in Cincy (catching that throwback pass from 'Twan to Ben and catching that deep ball for a T.D) and also Denver. Hell, if Ben doesn't throw that badly underthrown interception in XL, Ced gets an easy T.D at the pylon that would have put the game away and we probably would of been saved from some of the "ref job" shit from '05.

That said, Cedric Wilson was no more than a roster filler. It was all a bonus that he had some big catch's in the post-season.

fujirama24
02-22-2012, 11:32 PM
ME and a couple of friends went to LaTrobe the summer after superbole 40. And it was crazy. Fans lining up everywhere. But of all the players only one stopped to talk to us and sign autographs. And that was Ced Wilson. The guy was very down to earth. Heck he had a great playoff. Remeber him burning champ bailey for six. That guy was one to remeber. Sad the way he had to go with the domestic.

jiminpa
02-23-2012, 02:24 AM
And the really sad part is that it wasn't just his fault that he didn't even make it to the first down marker on a lot of punts. The offense backed up 30 yards on some of those series. But then having him punt was insult to the injury, or maybe further injury to the injury.

Edman
02-24-2012, 12:27 AM

Colclough, the hype about this "unknown gem' was incredible.

David Johnson takes up 2 roster spots, TE and FB.

Spaeth doesn/t belong, he wasn't that bad.

Frank "The Tank" Summers, the answer to our FB problem.

What a list, compiled from the team with the most SB wins. Amazing!

I wouldn't bag on Summers for not making the team. He was a True Fullback, and had no place in our Offense thanks to a certain egotistical jackass of an Offensive Coordinator who shall not be mentioned. Also thanks to said Jackass we're still stuck with a versatile bum like David Johnson. Can equally suck at both of his positions.

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 10:03 AM
I was told we were just doing since 2000. Heck if you want to list are bad QB's just look at the 80's and mark malone wasn't as bad as some of the rest. How bout Todd Blackledge or How bout Cliff Stoudt he threw for a mere 12 td's and threw 21 int's in 1983. At least Malone lead us to the afc championship in 84

:doh: OK, then Jim Miller!!! :banging:

Dalarin
02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
And the really sad part is that it wasn't just his fault that he didn't even make it to the first down marker on a lot of punts. The offense backed up 30 yards on some of those series. But then having him punt was insult to the injury, or maybe further injury to the injury.

Still have nightmares about Mitch. I was always praying he wouldn't punt one for a safety

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Bruce Arians
Carey Davis
Todd Fordham

Think those are my top 3 of guys that were acquired and not just draft mistakes.