PDA

View Full Version : Colon Restructures

soulkitchen
02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Wild Willie restructures his 4.5m salary with 3.8m given as bonus pro-rated out over the next 4 years.

More cap space, and Colon will be a Steeler. Will he be a guard or tackle? I would think that will be based on the draft.

FanSince72
02-21-2012, 12:00 PM
What's the recovery time for a restructured colon?

Millers the sh!t
02-21-2012, 12:09 PM
Hopefully he becomes a guard. Maybe it'll lower Colons false starts to 2-3 a game.
I Never liked Colon much.

Fire Arians
02-21-2012, 12:11 PM
What's the recovery time for a restructured colon?

ask tom brady

*rimshot* :chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
ask tom brady

Nice!

StainlessStill
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
I think I'm the only one that actually liked Colon. He is by no means an All-Pro, but at one point when healthy, they said he was the meanest and nastiest lineman we had, especially in run-blocking duties. With the Steelers likely to pay more attention to the run, I'm confident in Colon's return and have a little bit more of hope for this overall unit. Left Guard is the most glaring need that is hopefully takin' care of in the draft.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Geez we all thought that would've been a bloody mess, lol

I really think Kemo is the big problem on that line. Dumbness just spreads through the ranks. Colon may hold his own, but he needs to be in a less stressful position. One where being stupid doesn't directly provide a big time hit on our QB.

I'm still not sold on Gilbert protecting Bens blindside. Unless Ben is going to step up and run past the breakdown, lol

OX1947
02-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Sorry, all players in the NFL are good, otherwise they wouldnt be there. What seperates dependable from stupid is disicpline. Colon, Kemo, players like that who go off sides and make late hits every other game are a deterement to a team. Im sorry, not all players are good. David Johnson sucks major nuts.

Bayz101
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Thread title had me confused and scared upon entry.

That sounded bad.

ricardisimo
02-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Someone have a goatse jpeg handy?

:ttiwwp:

Riddle_Of_Steel
02-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I think I'm the only one that actually liked Colon. He is by no means an All-Pro, but at one point when healthy, they said he was the meanest and nastiest lineman we had, especially in run-blocking duties. With the Steelers likely to pay more attention to the run, I'm confident in Colon's return and have a little bit more of hope for this overall unit. Left Guard is the most glaring need that is hopefully takin' care of in the draft.

Check the stats on Pro Football Insiders-- by the stats, he was our best Olineman BY A MARGIN while he was healthy....

His only problem was that he still does not know how to line up without causing neutral zone infractions. He must not be that sharp-- I recall, we all learned to position ourselves to our toes lined up with the center's heels since day 1 in peewee football. That was the quickest route to runing the hill ALOT after practice-- is neutral zone infractions, will P1SS any coach off in record time....

FanSince72
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
ask tom brady

Don't forget to tip your waitresses.

kan_t
02-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Not a surprise. He is going to stay anyway. I really hope that he cay stay healthy. When he's healthy, he's an above average lineman.

Kingmagyar
02-22-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm hope Haley is merciless towards this guy.

bac151rum
02-22-2012, 11:20 AM
This takes some serious pressure off of us in the draft/free agency as far as the line goes. Releasing him, as some called for, would have left us with three starting positions to fill. Now we should be able to run a stronger line with a 1st/2nd round guard and a 4th/5th round guard or tackle.
It would be nice to keep Ben upright for once, just to see how the offense runs when we're not averaging 3 or 3 1/2 sacks a game.