PDA

View Full Version : Ranking New O-Coordinator Hires - Arians #1 & Haley #7

Atlanta Dan
02-21-2012, 06:22 PM
One man's opinion of the new offensive coordinator hires

1. Bruce Arians, Colts. :jawdrop:This was a huge coup for Indianapolis to be able to attach Andrew Luck to the man who worked so well with Ben Roethlisberger....

7. Todd Haley, Steelers. His Chiefs' stint was rocky. Before that he was outstanding during his "Pittsburgh West" days in Arizona, which ended with him excelling against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-02-20/new-coordinator-rankings-arians-del-rio-best-hires

tony hipchest
02-21-2012, 06:34 PM
i see former members of this site have moved up in the world and are now writing for AOL. good for them.

but they are obviously wrong. steve spagnolo is considered a genius coach and he hung his HC career on the hire of josh mcdaniels, therefore mcdaniels is obviously the best OC hire in the league.

belichick>spagnolo>the new colts guy :willy:

Bayz101
02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
:doh:

ricardisimo
02-21-2012, 06:59 PM
These are the sorts of articles you want to bookmark and go back a year or two later and ask the writer what the hell s/he was thinking.

Fire Arians
02-21-2012, 07:34 PM
whoever says arians was a good hire hasn't watched the steelers play in the last 5 years

Lokki
02-21-2012, 07:35 PM
http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

harrison'samonster
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
maybe the writer of the article absolutely hates the Colts and wants to see that team and their city burn in the pits of hell. It's the only logical conclusion I can reach.

Edman
02-21-2012, 08:50 PM
I feel nothing but sympathy for the Colts and their fans. Andrew Luck better pray he has his namesake on his side. He's going to need it.

I even say we should keep up the "Fire Arians" thread for any Colts fans who happen to visit here, as well as aspirins for the mind-numbing headache they're about to watch.

6RingsAndCounting
02-21-2012, 09:02 PM
lol.......

stb_steeler
02-21-2012, 09:07 PM
I feel nothing but sympathy for the Colts and their fans. Andrew Luck better pray he has his namesake on his side. He's going to need it.

I even say we should keep up the "Fire Arians" thread for any Colts fans who happen to visit here, as well as aspirins for the mind-numbing headache they're about to watch.

Im surprised we havent seen any on here yet.

jiminpa
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Im surprised we havent seen any on here yet.They have no clue what their team just did, yet. They probably have seen all of the same highlight reels Ben has and think Arians is a genius. They'll find out though.

dbsfgyd1
02-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Without a doubt Arians is more "Rank" than Haley...

As for Luck, All I can say is Tim Couch, the last All-American QB he got his hands on......prit near killed him.

Whodis
02-22-2012, 09:33 AM
Did anyone who writes these articles ever watch a Steeler game. The prime time 49er game could not be a better example of BA play calling. I would never trust a young QB under BA.

Fire Arians
02-22-2012, 10:57 AM
Did anyone who writes these articles ever watch a Steeler game. The prime time 49er game could not be a better example of BA play calling. I would never trust a young QB under BA.

was that the game where nantz was like:

"I don't know why bruce arians hasn't been offered a head coaching position yet!"

lol, cause he SUCKS that's why.

MACH1
02-22-2012, 11:03 AM
The same game where the announcers were calling out the plays before the ball was snapped.

3rdandlong
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. We watch the Steelers every week so we know them better then the people who are supposed to be experts.

Arians was definitely a hindrance to this offense. And is the writer trying to say Arians will be good for Andrew Luck because he groomed Roethlisberger early in his career? Well, Ken Wisenhunt was actually Ben's offensive coordinator his first 3 seasons.

Whodis
02-22-2012, 03:45 PM
was that the game where nantz was like:

"I don't know why bruce arians hasn't been offered a head coaching position yet!"

lol, cause he SUCKS that's why.

CLASSIC!! The whole bar erupted in laughter after that comment

LVSteelersfan
02-22-2012, 10:16 PM

COLT FANS. WHAT COLT FANS? They all jumped ship after last season and found some other bandwagon to jump on. The Colts are done. Stick a fork in them. They have way too many holes to fill. One draft will not do it. Andrew Luck will not do it. And ARIANS WILL NOT DO IT. What a laugher.