PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Combine

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Does anybody have any numbers yet for those that have started?

bac151rum
02-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Check Walterfootball.com. He has the numbers from yesterday (O-linemen and tight ends). I know the qbs are getting measured today, and that Griffin came in a little bigger than expected (6' 2 3/8" rather than 6' 2") but he won't have those posted til later this evening.

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
WOW! Dudes hands are huge-
TE Ladarius Green Louisiana-Lafayette 6'6 238Lbs 34 1/2"Arms 10 1/8"Hands
Want to see his 40 time...

G Rishaw Johnson Cal U-Penn 6'3 313Lbs 35 1/4Arms 10 1/4"Hands
Guys wing span has to be crazy! Can he hold his own and we get him late?

T Kelechi Osemele Iowa St 6'6 333Lbs 35 7/8"Arms 10 1/4"Hands
I don't care what people say, this guy has LT measurables all over him!

bac151rum
02-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I love all those numbers too, but I'm waiting for the lifting. Word has it that three of them are going to go for the record (Poe has an outside chance, and the two guys from Michagan- Mock and the nose guard- have been in serious training for it). And btw, the record isn't 49, like they'll keep telling you. Its 51.

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 02:03 PM
I would so love to land Molk in the mid to late rounds!!!

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 03:21 PM
T Kelechi Osemele Iowa St 6'6 333Lbs 35 7/8"Arms 10 1/4"Hands
I don't care what people say, this guy has LT measurables all over him!

But he has RT or OG feet. I would love it if he was still there in the 2nd round for us.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 03:23 PM
I would so love to land Molk in the mid to late rounds!!!

Late maybe, but he is more of zone block guy with good feet that is a bit light and short arms. 6th round maybe, but hopefully we get 2 quality O linemen in the top 4 rounds.

BKAnthem
02-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Late maybe, but he is more of zone block guy with good feet that is a bit light and short arms. 6th round maybe, but hopefully we get 2 quality O linemen in the top 4 rounds.

This is my prayer

tburhans
02-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Just saw the combine numbers on walter football. Adams was not impressive on the bench putting up less than.20 reps. Glenn put up 31 and molk had the most so far of the guys who had went with 41. I know bench doesn't mean everything but im not sold on adams yet

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson

This is my prayer

Mine too, because I'd love to have the smartest center in the draft next to Pouncey along with 2 new studs!!! Molk can put on weight.... I hope!

MDSteel15
02-24-2012, 04:57 PM
David Decastro had 34 and Ryan Miller and Kevin Zeitler had 32 reps!
TE Orson Charles had 35...

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Just saw the combine numbers on walter football. Adams was not impressive on the bench putting up less than.20 reps. Glenn put up 31 and molk had the most so far of the guys who had went with 41. I know bench doesn't mean everything but im not sold on adams yet

I thought that Adams was weak, but does it mean he doesnt like to work out or just hasnt in a while?? Interviews tell the story if he is a slug or not.

I honestly hope somebody drafts him before we have the chance to take the risk. Reminds me of everybody saying what a stud Tyson Jackson was gonna be at DE. :blah:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 05:20 PM
David Decastro had 34 and Ryan Miller and Kevin Zeitler had 32 reps!
TE Orson Charles had 35...

I bet Poe will be impressive, but maybe only 35 reps. Difference between strength and strength endurance.

Bayz101
02-24-2012, 05:27 PM
There is a forum pertaining to the NFL Combine located under NFL Draft. I've moved this thread there.

Bayz101
02-24-2012, 05:35 PM
Here guys: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=87119

That's a thread I made in this forum that has plenty of combine information.

Also, this is a new forum, so it's a little harder to find.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-24-2012, 10:37 PM
Mike Adams puts up 19 reps and the NFL.com tries to make an excuse that he has long arms. Osemele has longer arms and put up 32 reps. Stop complaining and have the kid explain why he doesnt get to the gym.

-Peter Konz 18
Bobbie Massie 22
Nate Potter 22
Mitchell Schwartz 23
Kevin Zeitler 32
Cordy Glenn 31
Riley Reif 23

Bayz101
02-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Nineteen???? That's awful!!!! I put up 26 and i'm a damn QB!?

Bayz101
02-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Lice coverage of the combine tomorrow on NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/live

More information in the informational sticky of this forum.

Bayz101
02-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Rishaw Johnson seems to have drawn attention from us.

Bayz101
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Cordy Glenn ran a 4.97 and Adam Gettis ran a 4.91 (Highest so far). Glenn projected in first round, Gettis in 5-7th.

Bayz101
02-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Mike Adams has been less than Stellar.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Rishaw Johnson seems to have drawn attention from us.

He apparantly showed well at the Shrine game and I think got a late call to the Senior bowl because of an injury from another prospect. He started his career at Mississippi. He's a mauler of a guard prospect, but I think approx 5th rounder.

Cordy Glenn ran a 4.97 and Adam Gettis ran a 4.91 (Highest so far). Glenn projected in first round, Gettis in 5-7th.

I love a comment about 40 times for O linemen...."if you see a lineman running 40 yards, then he either missed his block or is chasing down an interception" I so much hate 40 times for O linemen, but their 10 yard interval can tell something.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Here is an excerpt from the Shrine game practices.

Rishaw Johnson, OL, Cal (PA) -- The Cal-Pennsylvania product, who started his college career at Mississippi, looked dominant all day. He's mechanically sound and athletic, and overpowered everyone that lined up against him. Defenders were stopped dead in their tracks once Johnson got his hands on them. The small-school lineman really elevated his stock in front of scouts.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/01/17/shrine.game.practice.reports.tuesday/index.html#ixzz1nPC6VpjA

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Mike Adams has been less than Stellar.

This is why I so very much hope that he is drafted before we get a chance to select him in the 1st round. Boom or Bust.

Bayz101
02-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the lineman's 40's are irrelevant, but fun to watch nonetheless :chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Yeah, the lineman's 40's are irrelevant, but fun to watch nonetheless :chuckle:

My favorite was the year they overlapped the 40's of Jacoby Ford, BJ Raji and Rich Eisen....................that is good TV. :toofunny:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Cordy Glenn is moving really well at the combine. The real question is if he will be too tall and too much of a waist bender to be a guard prospect.....or if he is a guy that is gonna be a solid RT and maybe a guy that can play LT in a pinch.

I just think he plays high to be a guard, but if he can get decent pad level in run blocking....then he is a solid player.

ricardisimo
02-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Glenn is clearly not much of a jumper, as he had two of the worst results in both the vertical and the broad jump. Jumping is obviously more important for D-linemen, trying to block a pass or whatever, but still, it does reflect poorly on his overall athleticism and conditioning. At least one commentator suggested that he would need to lose some weight before the Combine and Draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Glenn is clearly not much of a jumper, as he had two of the worst results in both the vertical and the broad jump. Jumping is obviously more important for D-linemen, trying to block a pass or whatever, but still, it does reflect poorly on his overall athleticism and conditioning. At least one commentator suggested that he would need to lose some weight before the Combine and Draft.

The guy is 345 lbs and had one of the fastest 10 yard times in the 40. He moves really well for a guy that big. Had a good 40 time too for a large man like that.

Willing to bet that Flozell Adams wasnt much of a jumper either.

Max Starks can jump 4" higher than Glenn and his broad jump was 5" better than Glenn if comparing combines. I have no problem with Glenn's measurables if he is gonna play OG or RT.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Ric, have you been able to watch the combine at all?? Glenn has been running in and out of drills well and doesnt look like conditioning is an issue. He is just a big kid that actually moves really well.

I also like that Georgia O linemen are normally very good technicians and Glenn looks that part in drills. I still think #24 is early to spend on him, but he would solidify RT position for years to come and maybe play OG.

ricardisimo
02-26-2012, 03:27 PM
Ric, have you been able to watch the combine at all?? Glenn has been running in and out of drills well and doesnt look like conditioning is an issue. He is just a big kid that actually moves really well.

I also like that Georgia O linemen are normally very good technicians and Glenn looks that part in drills. I still think #24 is early to spend on him, but he would solidify RT position for years to come and maybe play OG.
Actually, I'm secretly trying to lower his stock to make sure that he's there when we pick. :chuckle: He definitely looked fluid, and like I said, it's probably best not to be a great jumper as an O-linemen. Still, to that commentator's point, might be nice to see him lose 30 lbs. of fat and gain 15 lbs. of muscle.

You mention Georgia... you know, as far as linemen there's only two guards and one tackle from Georgia currently in the NFL, and not one of them is a starter. Does not bode well for the program, or Glenn, I guess. If you're factoring in schools, I think the Big Ten is where you need to look for guards and tackles.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Actually, I'm secretly trying to lower his stock to make sure that he's there when we pick. :chuckle: He definitely looked fluid, and like I said, it's probably best not to be a great jumper as an O-linemen. Still, to that commentator's point, might be nice to see him lose 30 lbs. of fat and gain 15 lbs. of muscle.

You mention Georgia... you know, as far as linemen there's only two guards and one tackle from Georgia currently in the NFL, and not one of them is a starter. Does not bode well for the program, or Glenn, I guess. If you're factoring in schools, I think the Big Ten is where you need to look for guards and tackles.

Good idea to try and lower his stock, sorry for bringing attention to it. :noidea:

Georgia O line Coach Stacy Searels is a great coach. He left 2 years ago for texas, but at least Glenn should have got some of his basics from Searels. The guy was a technician and coaches technicians. That is what I was referring to.

Bayz101
02-27-2012, 09:47 AM
these combine announcers sound high

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Ta'amu 6'3" 348 lbs, 35 reps on bench press

Poe 6'4" 346 lbs, 44 reps on bench press

Loni Fangopu, 6'1" 323 lbs, 36 reps

Josh Chapman, 6'1" 316lbs , DNP (ACL injury)

Aikeem Hicks , 6'5" , 318lbs, 26 reps on bench

I really dont know how we pass on Poe if he is there. Ta'amu is another guy that fills the space that Hampton will leave after this season. Chapman and Fangopu are the next best options in rounds 2 and 3 maybe.

Kingmagyar
02-27-2012, 01:53 PM
There seems to be a lot of separation between the talent of Poe and Ta'amu then even still more to Fangopu.

Word is San Diego is releasing their nose tackle Castillo. Are they taking Poe at 18?

I guess that Jean Baptiste NT isn't there at the combine.

I do love Cordy Glenn though. Bench pressed in the 30's. Amini Silatolu would be a good guard pick in the 2nd if we get lucky and take Poe in the first.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
There seems to be a lot of separation between the talent of Poe and Ta'amu then even still more to Fangopu.

Word is San Diego is releasing their nose tackle Castillo. Are they taking Poe at 18?

I guess that Jean Baptiste NT isn't there at the combine.

I do love Cordy Glenn though. Bench pressed in the 30's. Amini Silatolu would be a good guard pick in the 2nd if we get lucky and take Poe in the first.

-Either Poe or Ta'amu would be a good fit to clog up the middle and push the pocket. If either of them ended up a Steeler, we should be pleased.

-Luis Castillo is a DE in the 3-4. Chargers Antonio Garay is the NT and he is a free agent. Chargers are cutting Marcus McNeil, so they might go OT or NT if they dont sign Garay.

-I dont see Nick Jean-baptiste on the combine invite list.

-Cordy Glenn might be a RT strictly. Not sure if he has the knee bend to get good pad level as an interior lineman. Would be a Flozell Adams type RT, but not entirely sold on him as a guard. Watch how stiff he was in the hips during his 40......runs like Forrest Gump.