PDA

View Full Version : Farriors agent doesn't expect him to be back

6RingsAndCounting
02-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Just heard it on in interview with his agent on 93.7

Buddha Bus
02-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Not really too surprising. I'd honestly rather see him come back than Hampton. At least Farrior has leadership abilities. I don't really think either has much left to offer the team in production though. They should both be cap casualties.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 11:34 AM
If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.

Buddha Bus
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
If he doesnt think that he will be back, then it looks like Foote is probably staying. Otherwise, they decide to cut both, go with Timmons, a draft pick another free agent in the middle.

Before all the Sylvester fans jump on board, lets just consider that he really didnt do anything at ILB yet since being here and still plays way too high to be anything but a dropoff from Farrior.

I think they'll keep either Foote or Farrior. I believe it will be Foote just because he's younger and has more left to give if needed, but he won't be a long-term answer. They'll definitely need to draft an ILB early to groom a good starting replacement.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.

Buddha Bus
02-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Risky hacking both, unless we are drafting a stub Lb that can step right in. But thats atough one in this system.
I'll take a 3million savings. I think I rather keep Farrior though.

Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Farrior's definitely the more cerebral of the two, but Foote will have more use if we need him for more than a year. I hope Sylvester can step up, but he hasn't really shown he can yet. We haven't seen enough of Carter yet to count on him either.

Foote will just be a placeholder by default until a rookie draftee can step in.

Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.

Buddha Bus
02-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Carter is an OLB and sadly enough, I think he is a better OLB than Worilds. Yeah, makes sense if they keep Foote, draft a rookie ILB and maybe sign another vet free agent for training camp.

Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.

Steelerfreak58
02-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Sad news but its business. Farrior has been a great team member. Foote should do well enough and hopefully Sylvester will get some quality play time to learn to call the D's and step up after this coming year.

Losing Farrior is a hard hit he is a captain and true leader but its a young mans game.

fer522
02-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Ooops, my bad on Carter. I heard someone else refer to him as an ILB and I've seen and heard so little of him I took it as fact.

They'll definitely be drafting an ILB within the first 3 rounds I think. It wouldn't even surprise me if they draft 2 overall considering the Steelers' draft history of stockpiling LBs.

it would not surprise me if they went after Dont'a Hightower (if he's still available at 24)
that guy is a beast

skinart82
02-25-2012, 11:42 PM
it would not surprise me if they went after Dont'a Hightower (if he's still available at 24)
that guy is a beast

my thoughts exactly

Fire Arians
02-26-2012, 01:43 AM
that guy is a beast

ya im thinking we either are going hightower or cordy glenn as our first pick. our biggest needs are ILB and Guard

pete74
02-26-2012, 04:16 AM
ya im thinking we either are going hightower or cordy glenn as our first pick. our biggest needs are ILB and Guard

i would love to get Glenn. he can play either tackel position or guard. he had a really good 40 time for a 345lb lineman and will most likely be gone before we pick. if Hightower is around when we pick i bet he will be our man. i would love to see Glenn drop to us but i dont see that happening

Rick5895
02-26-2012, 06:37 AM

Reading the paper this morning interesting article on Poe. Colbert seems to like him aswell, I suspect that if Poe is there he will taken by the Steelers. NT is not deep this year. Hightower has been slipping on draft boards and 24 maybe too high for him, as a matter of fact most mocks I have seen don't have him picked in the 1st round.
I would love to see Glenn or Poe, I think Glenn will be gone by the time we get to 24, he has too much versatility and has seemingly been rising up draft boards.

One guy I really like is Molk from Michigan, and we should be able to get him in a mid round. I think he would translate well into to guard for us if we could get him . I also like Nix from Pitt even tough he has injury problems.

6RingsAndCounting
02-26-2012, 08:12 AM
One guy I really like is Molk from Michigan,

Adam Schefter says he's one of the strongest players in the draft

Dalarin
02-26-2012, 09:07 AM
Glenn over Poe but Glenn won't fall to 24 unless he gets arrest in the next few weeks. He's a mauler that doesn't take no for an answer and runs a 40 in under 5 seconds at 345 pounds. On top of that he has great strength in his long arms. IMO he is the best lineman in this years draft, even over Kalil. Mind you tackle is a more demanding position. My guess is he goes in the 15-20 range. In no way would I be disappointed to trade up to grab him.

FrancoLambert
02-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Glenn, if still available, over Hightower or Poe.

Teams get better by improving their biggest liability.

No question, our OL is our biggest liability.

Oh, we have other needs to fill as well. (D-line, ILB, safety depth)

Strengthen this unit first and foremost and our team improves the most.