PDA

View Full Version : Alright Fam,...

SteelCzar76
07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Who are your sleeper pick's this year to at least shake the league a little bit,... and your reasoning ?

"Hail Caesar,......Hail the Black and Gold"

WWIIOwheelz
07-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Arizona will be talk of the league this year, I think. They were my favorite sleeper last season in Fantasy Picks, and they paid me in spades against point spreads. They will be a markedly improved team this year with E James. With Lienart (sp?), they might have their future ace in the hole for a NFC powerhouse.

BlackNGold203
07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Agreed...Arizona....The Edge factor....and Im still predicting the Jags to take the Colts in the AFC south...because of The Edge factor

bcolton82
07-14-2006, 04:34 AM
I was gonna say Arizona, but it seems that's everybody's team this year.....Which in turn means that they will again be somewhere around 5-11.

Here's a shocker for you...Green Bay WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS this year....I predict a 9-7 record, which will be just enough to get past Chicago. They will host a wild card game, & depending on who they play, might even win! They play in a terrible division, & they still have Favre. No matter how bad he played last year, he's still capable of having huge games.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2006, 06:01 AM
Who are your sleeper pick's this year to at least shake the league a little bit,... and your reasoning ?

Team: Arizona is the safe pick to be better...but I will add San Fran to the list..they will still be bad but MUCH more competitive..Bryant at WR and Vernon at TE will make a difference in what they can do offensively

Player: J. Addai will surprise as a rookie...he can run between the tackles..take the corner..AND can catch...

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 06:48 AM
KC Chiefs

Took
07-14-2006, 07:25 AM

Im supposed to be a Bears fan according to everyone in these parts...but I think the Packers could be much improved if Driver and the WR corp step up

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
In reply to the NFC north posts....

Minnesota...by adding Hutchison to go beside McKinnie on that left side...with Chester Taylor..who CAN tote the rock....might surprise some folks...this team hasnt had a running game since Robert Smith retired....Tice is out (he was a HUGE problem)...9-7 may win that division...but it is seriously up for grabs...Minn...Green Bay..Chicago (who STILL doesnt have a QB)...

Big D
07-14-2006, 08:55 AM

Minnesota...by adding Hutchison to go beside McKinnie on that left side...with Chester Taylor..who CAN tote the rock....might surprise some folks...this team hasnt had a running game since Robert Smith retired....Tice is out (he was a HUGE problem)...9-7 may win that division...but it is seriously up for grabs...Minn...Green Bay..Chicago (who STILL doesnt have a QB)...
I"m on the sleeper viking bandwagon as well. As i've said many times before i moved to boston i lived on the south dakota, minnesota border. This is a team that lacked discpline which they have now. And a good coach who i think brad childress will be. I think he could turn into little andy. Also that viking defense will surprise alot of people this year. They also have a great group of young wide recievers. And people tend to forget that brad johnson is a super bowl winning qb

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM

They lose ever game they play outside if its cold check the stats

HometownGal
07-14-2006, 09:26 AM
I've felt that Arizona was a team on the rise since last season, but with the addition of Edge, that feeling has only been reinforced. This team has plus signs all the way around (except for their OL, which hopefully, they beefed up during the draft - can't remember) and I see them taking their division this season. If Edge and Warner can stay healthy (it may be a little too soon to rely on Leinart, but hey - look what Ben did in his first season!) I see this team as being highly competitive in the NFC West and the NFC as a whole.

Big D
07-14-2006, 09:50 AM
They lose ever game they play outside if its cold check the stats
its not the cold. Its outdoor games and grass

bcolton82
07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
I"m on the sleeper viking bandwagon as well. As i've said many times before i moved to boston i lived on the south dakota, minnesota border. This is a team that lacked discpline which they have now. And a good coach who i think brad childress will be. I think he could turn into little andy. Also that viking defense will surprise alot of people this year. They also have a great group of young wide recievers. And people tend to forget that brad johnson is a super bowl winning qb

Dood....Brad Johnson is a dinosaur...and what talent do they have at WR???
Please don't tell me Koren Robinson, he has potential, but he's not a number 1
They traded Moss & Culpepper in successive offseasons? Who does that?
That win streak last year was nothing to get excited about. They were beating up on nobody's!

Big D
07-14-2006, 10:44 AM
That win streak last year was nothing to get excited about. They were beating up on nobody's!
i'm not talking about hall of fame wide recievers. But i wouldnt dog to much on Koren and marcus robinson and even there number one pick troy williamson from last year should be more improved this year.

Big D
07-14-2006, 10:47 AM
and this isnt a superbowl pick its a sleeper pick. no need in bickering about it

Ambridge
07-14-2006, 04:15 PM
My sleeper pick that most people would say No-Way and could be a thorn in the side of Indy and Jacksonville is the Tennessee Titans.

I think Vince Young might get some playing time along with Lendale White and they could improve and make some noise in their division and also play spoiler along the way.

SteelCzar76
07-14-2006, 05:48 PM
Some very good replies,...interesting picks. I agree with Ambridge on the Titans,..they're very young, and if they get a little confidence early on,...they could be very competitive. I like the cards as well,...i mean with the amount of talent they have on both sides of the ball it would be ridiculous for them not to at least finish second in their division. Here's the one that pains me the most to say,....THE CLOWNS. I know that may suprise some of you,..but here's my reasoning. They now actually have the personal to run an effective 3-4 defense,...and based on the nature of today's game,.... IF you run it PROPERLY..... your almost guranteed a top ten D. They have question marks on offense but those are mostly health issues with players with considerable potential. (With the exception of Frye) If they got a few breaks with health and team chemistry i could see them actually finishing second behind us and getting a Wild-Card spot.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

CowherLover
07-14-2006, 07:11 PM
I know it's gonna sound crazy but think the Saints are gonna surprise people this year. I like Drew Brees and he's gonna come out throwing. He's a hard worker and he's gonna be lookin to make San Diego regret the move they made, which I hope he does. They've got talent on the offensive side without question, so if their defense can pull it together.....ya never know. I know their scedule is tough as hell but I think they'll shake things up this year.
Arizona was my sleeper pick last year and I think they're going to continue to get better. I'll be lookin to them for some Fantasy players this year.

Black@Gold Forever32
07-14-2006, 08:51 PM
I think the Cards made a great move in signing Edge. But will the Oline open up holes on a consistent basis for Edge is the question? I still think thats a big question mark. Plus Kurt Warner is the QB. Sorry but this isn't the MVP Kurt Warner of 1999. This is the washed up version of Kurt Warner. So I still don't see the Cards over taking the Seahawks for the NFC West or even winning a wild card berth.

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Look to the West. See that? That's the rising power in the AFC, yes folks, it's the Cleveland Browns. No, they're not better than Pittsburgh. And yes, they lack a "big name" quaterback.

But they have Romeo Crennell and they're hungry. Ask the Bengals how hungry they are.

Player: Aaron Brooks and Randy Moss. Bombs away by the Bay.

WWIIOwheelz
07-14-2006, 09:10 PM
Fitz and Boldin are one of the most lethal pairs of receivers in the league. The question is whether the threat of the run is as legitimate as it seemed in Indy. Let's face it, as a RB in the league, you'd have to love being on a team with the passing threat of the Colts.

I think Arizona is a perfect fit for James, and vice-versa. Warner can still throw the ball.... only thing I question about him is his mobility. The NFC will be fun to watch. The Giants will be good, as will the Cowboys, as will the Skins! The East will be a blast to watch, but I still think Carolina's the class of the NFC.

In the AFC, the Browneyes, as someone else said, will be a LOT better. The stock in the Bungals is going down by the moment, although I like hearing how well Palmser's doing. They are having waaay too many distractions.