PDA

View Full Version : Reunifiying Steeler Fans

Hawk Believer
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
It seems as though the morale of SF posters has been a bit rankled over the last week with lots of in-fighting and name calling. The likely culprit has been identified as the off season. Theres no weekly opponent to vent against and tear into regarding next Sunday's game. The only active sport is baseball and that hasn't been a fun topic for 14 years in Pittsburgh.

Well, I stumbled over an article today in the local paper that I thought I would share. I share it grudgingly because the writer's attitude is counter to what I have professed on this board before, that most Seahawk fans have moved past the obsession with the close calls the officials made in the Super Bowl. I swear to you that most people I know have moved on and are just excited about next year now.

But.... This dude wrote an article that... You'll just have to read it. So here you go Steeler Fever fans. You all run a great forum and have treated my presence well. So this is my gift to you. A link that I hope will end all inter-Steeler fan squabbles for the time being and get you pissed off at someone who doesn't wave a terrible towel: Ted Miller, author of the following link.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/miller/277366_miller13.html

I'll duck on the way out the door.

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 08:22 PM
Can somebody email that article to Holmgren? Along with a #4 meal from McDonalds (Biggie size of course) to keep him content and some duct tape to finally shut him up during every interview he has given since February 6, 2006? Please?

Oh........and here's :twocents: for him to buy some class.

Hawk Believer
07-13-2006, 08:33 PM
The attitude the players have demonstrated give me hope they won't get bogged down by Holmgren's attitude. This from a recent Shaun Alexander interview on Jimmy Kimmell's show:
Kimmel: You wind up going to the Superbowl this year and it didn't work out necessarily as you hoped it would. But do you feel like the team--like you learned something from it? Do you come back strong next year?

SA: You know whenever you lose a Superbowl either two things happen. You whine and complain and you come out the next year and you get blown out by everybody.

Or you put a chip on your shoulder and you come out and you destroy people.

K: And that is the plan for you?

SA: Its on.

Alexander gives that last line with a boring stare into Kimmel's eyes.

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 08:40 PM
We shall see.

SteelCzar76
07-13-2006, 08:43 PM
In regards to our "diffrences in opinion" hawk,....that's none of your or any one else's buisness. We are a Family,...and like most families they're are grievances, but we stand TOGETHER at the end of the day. We are proud, dedicated, strong and most of us (from the young'nz to the old folks home),.. know football. As far as the Superbowl goes,.. you didn't make enough play's to win,.. Nuff Said. WE know this,....so we are not tripping on ANY excuse's or whining by ANYONE. I'm glad to hear some of you are past it,..and thinking about the present and future,....because that's all you have the power to effect.
Good luck in your conferance and maybe we'll all get a rematch worthy of epic proportions. But even if the unthinkable happens an we have a terrible season,...WE'll all still,..... "BLEED BLACK AND GOLD" !!

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Mosca
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
LOL, the rest of the country thinks the trophy should be FedEx'd to Seattle? No, you have to win the game for that to happen. And in order to win, you have to play well enough to overcome possible officiating errors... or it wasn't decisive enough to say that with proper officiating you would have won.

Bottom line isn't that the officiating sucked; the game itself sucked. I would agree with Hawks fans if I felt the Hawks played well enough to win; but face it, they played a crappy game, just like the Steelers did. They didn't deserve to win.

Tom

BlackNGold203
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
LOL, the rest of the country thinks the trophy should be FedEx'd to Seattle? No, you have to win the game for that to happen. And in order to win, you have to play well enough to overcome possible officiating errors... or it wasn't decisive enough to say that with proper officiating you would have won.

Bottom line isn't that the officiating sucked; the game itself sucked. I would agree with Hawks fans if I felt the Hawks played well enough to win; but face it, they played a crappy game, just like the Steelers did. They didn't deserve to win.

Tom

Well said Mosca....

The difference between the Steelers and Seahawks???

2 games with "questionable" officiating....

Steelers-Colts...The Steelers overcame the adversity and made the plays to win

Seahawks-Steelers?..I'm sorry...but Seattle didnt make big plays...and gave up 2 HUGE plays....

Champions overcome adversity

End of story...moving on

stlrtruck
07-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I'd love to discuss with this guy the Super Bowl and officiating. The problem I've run into when talking about the game is two things:

1 - No one wants to hear about the rules of the game and if they were applied correctly in context. The only call that was truly in error was the illegal blocking one after the interception late in the game.

2 - You talk about overcoming adversity and show proof of overcoming through the Steelers run to the Super Bowl and everyone wants to shun responsibility for their team doing that blame someone else because their team couldn't do it!

steelerdude
07-13-2006, 09:32 PM
That article was a bunch of BS.

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2006, 09:38 PM
The article is BULLSHIT! Everyone loves to hate the champs. The NFL Called a fair game. So before you go publishing anything again. So what if the officals made mistakes, NO HUMAN IS PERFECT EVERY HUMAN IN THE WORLD WILL MAKE MISTAKES BUT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO LEARN FROM THEM! The Steelers won it FAIR AND SQUARE like every team had to. To all fans who believe that Seattle was ripped off. QUIT YOUR BITCHING!

stlrtruck
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
The article is BULLSHIT! Everyone loves to hate the champs. The NFL Called a fair game. So before you go publishing anything again. So what if the officals made mistakes, NO HUMAN IS PERFECT EVERY HUMAN IN THE WORLD WILL MAKE MISTAKES BUT EVERYONE IS ABLE TO LEARN FROM THEM! The Steelers won it FAIR AND SQUARE like every team had to. To all fans who believe that Seattle was ripped off. QUIT YOUR BITCHING!

AMEN!

CantStop85
07-13-2006, 10:23 PM
In regards to our "diffrences in opinion" hawk,....that's none of your or any one else's buisness. We are a Family,...and like most families they're are grievances, but we stand TOGETHER at the end of the day. We are proud, dedicated, strong and most of us (from the young'nz to the old folks home),.. know football. As far as the Superbowl goes,.. you didn't make enough play's to win,.. Nuff Said. WE know this,....so we are not tripping on ANY excuse's or whining by ANYONE. I'm glad to hear some of you are past it,..and thinking about the present and future,....because that's all you have the power to effect.

Hey, HB, I think it worked! :sofunny:

By the way, SteelCzar76, you do know you can put that "Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold" in your signature, that way you don't have to type it in every post, right?

SteelCzar76
07-13-2006, 11:06 PM
I'm a hands on kinda guy 85,...i prefer to type my sig. And i hope that was'nt sarcasim on your part. If so well,....you know what up's when grown folks are talkin. LOL

"HAIL CAESAR,....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD" (And if you don't respect that,.....go nose dive in Missy Elliot's Bunghole fresh off a public toilet bowl). LMAO

Buzz05
07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Ok I may be new to the forum, read it alot but never posted...but can I just say this guy is nothing more then a whining douche bag who probably had one too many star bucks in his flannel cut off shirt. Seriously the article had no substance..if his arguement is so wonderful then why doesnt he share it...enlighten me of dear douche bag enlighten me!

peter
07-14-2006, 07:54 AM
It seems as though the morale of SF posters has been a bit rankled over the last week with lots of in-fighting and name calling. The likely culprit has been identified as the off season. Theres no weekly opponent to vent against and tear into regarding next Sunday's game. The only active sport is baseball and that hasn't been a fun topic for 14 years in Pittsburgh.

Well, I stumbled over an article today in the local paper that I thought I would share. I share it grudgingly because the writer's attitude is counter to what I have professed on this board before, that most Seahawk fans have moved past the obsession with the close calls the officials made in the Super Bowl. I swear to you that most people I know have moved on and are just excited about next year now.

But.... This dude wrote an article that... You'll just have to read it. So here you go Steeler Fever fans. You all run a great forum and have treated my presence well. So this is my gift to you. A link that I hope will end all inter-Steeler fan squabbles for the time being and get you pissed off at someone who doesn't wave a terrible towel: Ted Miller, author of the following link.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/miller/277366_miller13.html

I'll duck on the way out the door.

Seahawks lost.

Big D
07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
we lost a state championship when i was in high school the officiating literaly robbed us. While we were in the locker room bitching our coach stood up told us all to shut up and said this quote that i think is great.
A WIN IS A WIN IS A WIN.
He went on to say that we didnt get beat by the refs we got beat by the other team. And that a few bad calls shouldnt make or break the game. Watching that superbowl and hearing all the bullshit afterwards that speach came to mind.

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 08:12 AM
Seahawks lost.

Plain and simple and to the point thats what I like about old Pete!!!

Big D
07-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Think about this for a second... If the colts would have won the afc championship. Do you think cowher would be saying I didnt know we played the refs too. Or do you think he would be bitching about it in anyway. NO!! its called class.

Big D
07-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Think about this for a second... If the colts would have won the afc championship. Do you think cowher would be saying I didnt know we played the refs too. Or do you think he would be bitching about it in anyway. NO!! its called class. and yes i'm refering to that bullshit call with troys int
and yes i'm refering to that bullshit call with troys int

Livinginthe past
07-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Plain and simple and to the point thats what I like about old Pete!!!

I can't wait to hear some more post game analysis from this kid.

Im guessing he has at least one other conclusion in his arsenal.

NM

X-Terminator
07-14-2006, 09:36 AM
Why should anyone care what this dope thinks? All you're doing by getting upset is giving this guy's "article" more credibility than it deserves...which is absolutely NONE. Most fans have moved on. Isn't it time for media *****s like this guy to move on?

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 10:02 AM
I can't wait to hear some more post game analysis from this kid.

Im guessing he has at least one other conclusion in his arsenal.

NMI don't know LITP....I'm thinking that Peter's commentary was rather brilliant. He could have added "Steeler's won!" and I would have been just as happy though! :smile:

Big D
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't know LITP....I'm thinking that Peter's commentary was rather brilliant. He could have added "Steeler's won!" and I would have just as happy though! :smile:
seahawks suck

HometownGal
07-14-2006, 10:20 AM
Boo freakity hooooooo, Mike.

http://www.maximonline.com/todays_girl/girls/mike_holmgren/gfd_l1.jpg

Buzz05
07-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Is it just me or is it incredibly sad that 5 months after the Super Bowl this is all the Seattle fans have to talk about...must get pretty boring up there in the 'Great' Northwest. You know humping Big Foot and all

Livinginthe past
07-14-2006, 11:46 AM
I don't know LITP....I'm thinking that Peter's commentary was rather brilliant. He could have added "Steeler's won!" and I would have just as happy though! :smile:

Well brilliance often comes in the form of simplicity, I just dont think that every simple comment has a touch of brilliance :smile:

NM

Bigsteve332310
07-14-2006, 02:24 PM
I sent him an email and his only response was All the calls were wrong. They affected the outcome. I know and you know it. Thanks for reading. Well i emailed him again but ill give myself the win in that arguement. If you can even consider that a comeback.

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I sent him an email and his only response was All the calls were wrong. They affected the outcome. I know and you know it. Thanks for reading. Well i emailed him again but ill give myself the win in that arguement. If you can even consider that a comeback.
It sucks that the Seattle Times doesn't have a comment section after the articles. That could make for some entertaining reading...

X-Terminator
07-14-2006, 02:45 PM
I still fail to see why anyone should care at this point. The only ones still making a big deal like this are media types like this guy in Seattle trying to gain brownie points and readership.

stlrtruck
07-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I still fail to see why anyone should care at this point. The only ones still making a big deal like this are media types like this guy in Seattle trying to gain brownie points and readership.

People care because they were the #1 seed and they were suppose to win (even though they were the underdogs in the point spread). And when they couldn't over come, they just needed something else to cry about, because getting their butts handed to them just wasn't and still isn't likely.

So they'll continue to cry about it until someone else knocks them off in the playoffs (probably a team from the NFC East) and then the Steelers go on to take #6! But then again, maybe they'll still cry after that, just because it rains so damn much over there and they have nothing else to do but stay inside and think of reasons why someone should hand them the Lombardi trophy rather than them earning it!

silver & black
07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
This is as true a fact as ever was: No amount of bitching, crying, denying, blaming, finger pointing, etc..., will change the fact that after the Superbowl was over, the Steelers had a "W" after their name, and the Seahawks had an "L" after their name.

Try again next year Hawks... play better and you might have the "W" after your name... Untill then, the Steelers are the Champions... and that is just the simple truth.

HburgXL06
07-14-2006, 10:12 PM

And he claims to have won over 500 arguments wit Steelers fans over the officiatin during the game? Sounds like he just chalked up himself a win against you even though he's the dumbass that won't answer any questions.

I'll give him an answer:

"The game is over. It is forever marked in the books and in the memory of all who watched. The outcome: Pittsburgh Steelers-21; Seattle Seahawks-10. The Lombardi goes to the Steelers. In the game of football the team that has the most points on the board wins the game. As anyone can tell you 21 is 11 more than 10. This means that the Steelers won. History favors the victory, as time goes on it will be remembered that Ben was the youngest quarterback to ever win a Super Bowl, Jerome won in his hometown, and the Steelers won their fifth title. All the bitchin will be lost and forgotten. If Seahawks fans want a shoulder to cry on they should go to Cincinnati."

BuFu

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 11:05 PM
If Seahawks fans want a shoulder to cry on they should go to Cincinnati."

BuFuPLEASE Hburg! Don't send them here.....we've already got the Bengal fans to deal with! After all, how much can one city stand!!! :sofunny:

HburgXL06
07-14-2006, 11:23 PM
PLEASE Hburg! Don't send them here.....we've already got the Bengal fans to deal with! After all, how much can one city stand!!! :sofunny:

Sorry, just thought there would be the place where they would get the most sympathy. For your sake (and prolly the sake of the general public) I'll keep all the sore losers separated to prevent them from creatin a mob. If they did we'd have to call up Joey Porter and the rest of the Steel Curtain to fix the problem there and I don't want them bein responsible for destroyin the whole city in the process. Lol.

BuFu

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Sorry, just thought there would be the place where they would get the most sympathy. For your sake (and prolly the sake of the general public) I'll keep all the sore losers separated to prevent them from creatin a mob. If they did we'd have to call up Joey Porter and the rest of the Steel Curtain to fix the problem there and I don't want them bein responsible for destroyin the whole city in the process. Lol.

BuFuYou have my undying gratitude! Although I always enjoy those Steel Curtain visits.....hmmmmm.... :thmbup:

HburgXL06
07-14-2006, 11:42 PM
You have my undying gratitude! Although I always enjoy those Steel Curtain visits.....hmmmmm.... :thmbup:

Don't worry the apocalypse for Cincy comes on December 31st, 2006. That's when PBS becomes Heinz Field West and the rest of the city is left as rubble. All because the Steel Curtain came down and trapped the kitties in the cage.

By the way, stayin up late enjoyin a Friday night? Almost 1AM and you still postin strong. Lol, it's always good to have some "me" time.

BuFu

clevestinks
07-15-2006, 06:27 AM
I seen no mistakes.

The record books clearly show a Steelers XL victory, make no doubt about it!

HburgXL06
07-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I seen no mistakes.

The record books clearly show a Steelers XL victory, make no doubt about it!

CleveStinks has spoken, from this point on there shall be no more debate upon the matter.

BuFu

Prosdo
07-16-2006, 05:45 AM
It cracks me up how this is still being written about in Seattle. It's still the whole we got robbed rant. I had a lot of respect for Holgrem before, but after the Super Bowl I lost it. You have got to show more class than that.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-16-2006, 06:09 AM
It cracks me up how this is still being written about in Seattle. It's still the whole we got robbed rant. I had a lot of respect for Holgrem before, but after the Super Bowl I lost it. You have got to show more class than that.

What does that tell you about there thoughts for the future....if they had any hope of taking the next step and actually WINNING a Superbowl...they would be focused on the upcoming season instead of wallowing in the self-pity of a lost opportunity