PDA

View Full Version : Ed on Wallace

Curtain_of_Steel
02-27-2012, 12:37 PM
http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/115078-ed-steelers-once-resisted-restructuring

I"m not so sure I would believe the Ravens on anything they say, lol. But if no one touches him which is Ed's opinion, and we get him for a 2.7mill contract. We could leave it, although that surely would piss him off, than tag him next year. Thats a 2 year avg 6million tag him to years in a row, 3 year avg 7.5mill roughly.
but his value definately checks down if no one touches him.

How long is the restricted period of free agency, mid April?

stb_steeler
02-27-2012, 01:39 PM
His value goes way down especially if he has a non productive year. I wonder what the Ravens would need to pass up on Wallace if the story is true.

Steel95
02-29-2012, 06:16 PM
I like Mike Wallace, I hope the Steelers can retain him too. But look at the upcoming Draft; there will be plenty of WR's that have the same type of speed as Mike Wallace that will still be there mid 2nd early 3rd round. Why pay a guy that kind of money when he's not yet a complete WR? Yes, Antonio Brown benefited from having a guy like Mike Wallace on the team, no doubt. But if I'm the F/O, I take a #1 in a heartbeat, resign Brown now, draft a young WR in April, ala S. Hill from Geargia Tech, then go after Cotchery as well. They just released Hines Ward so you know they are looking at a young receiver anyway. Mike Wallace is good, not good enough to pass up on an additional 1st round draft pick. To be honest with you, I don't think too many teams will offer that much for him.