PDA

View Full Version : Combine Impressions after day 3

Kingmagyar
02-28-2012, 07:00 AM
Loved Day 3 with the D Lineman and Linebackers.

Dontari Poe was more then I ever expected. Still some game tape though where he is invisible. Steelers coaches could work him to be even better on gamedays.

NT Ta'amu is much further down the talent pole from Poe.

Did not see Nick Jean-Baptiste NT. Was he there?

If Poe's combine was WOW! Then Vontaze Burfict's combine was YUCK!
-A complete disaster 40 time slowest by a tenth of a second to all LBs there.
-Skipped the bench press.
-2nd worst in the vertical jump and dead last 30th in the Broad jump,.
-Then he quit and did not perform any more drills after that.
-Was he on steroids that good year he had in college?

Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia Height: 6-2. Weight: 235. impressed at the combine and was talked about being a OLB for a 3-4 but I worry about his weight and strength being able to play over there and not get run over by Tackles. Bruce Davis was heavier and still had trouble. Late round pick anyway not much risk.

Mychal Kendricks LB -had him as a 5th round pick in a mock for the Steelers, then a 4th, now he probably is a 3rd for sure with a great 40 time and great performance in all of the drills.Got a lot of hype from the NFL net boys. Covering Inside LBs are more important then ever now in the NFL.

Luke Kuechly ILB -wish he would fall somehow someway. but no way.

Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State - did not really look that good in movement and space.

Lots of tweener types to convert to OLBs if the Steelers are still looking later in the draft.

Today DBs. Not really going to watch too much as I don't think we will draft one. Maybe a safety and I want to check out. S George Iloka.

Bayz101
02-28-2012, 07:44 AM
I'll be checking out Barron.

bac151rum
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Barron isn't participating. Double hernia surgery, or something like that. He'll pretty much be drafted blind (if you consider three years worth of game tape blind).

Bayz101
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Shit. Forgot about that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Ta'amu is further down the talent pole than Poe, but still a solid NT that posted good numbers and has solid game tape. Lets see how his stats compare to BJ Raji.

BJ Raji Combine -------------------- Ta' amu Combine

-6'1" 337 lbs ---------------------- 6'3" 348lbs
-33 reps at 225lbs ------------------- 35 reps at 225lbs
-5.24 40time ------------------- 5.37 40yard
-103" broad jump =----------------------- 103" broad jump
-32" vertical --------------------- 26" vertical

Taking Ta'amu solves our problem for a NT in 2013 when Hampton is gone and probably gets some time this season.

MDSteel15
02-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Loved Day 3 with the D Lineman and Linebackers.

Dontari Poe was more then I ever expected. Still some game tape though where he is invisible. Steelers coaches could work him to be even better on gamedays.

NT Ta'amu is much further down the talent pole from Poe.

Did not see Nick Jean-Baptiste NT. Was he there?

If Poe's combine was WOW! Then Vontaze Burfict's combine was YUCK!
-A complete disaster 40 time slowest by a tenth of a second to all LBs there.
-Skipped the bench press.
-2nd worst in the vertical jump and dead last 30th in the Broad jump,.
-Then he quit and did not perform any more drills after that.
-Was he on steroids that good year he had in college?

Bruce Irvin, DE/OLB, West Virginia Height: 6-2. Weight: 235. impressed at the combine and was talked about being a OLB for a 3-4 but I worry about his weight and strength being able to play over there and not get run over by Tackles. Bruce Davis was heavier and still had trouble. Late round pick anyway not much risk.

Mychal Kendricks LB -had him as a 5th round pick in a mock for the Steelers, then a 4th, now he probably is a 3rd for sure with a great 40 time and great performance in all of the drills.Got a lot of hype from the NFL net boys. Covering Inside LBs are more important then ever now in the NFL.

Luke Kuechly ILB -wish he would fall somehow someway. but no way.

Audie Cole, ILB, North Carolina State - did not really look that good in movement and space.

Lots of tweener types to convert to OLBs if the Steelers are still looking later in the draft.

Today DBs. Not really going to watch too much as I don't think we will draft one. Maybe a safety and I want to check out. S George Iloka.

You can go ahead and forget about him! As somebody else pointed out, his rap sheet makes Ray Lewis blush! :doh: