PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Jerseys

dustyblades
07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Hi everybody,
I just wanted to drop a line and let you guys (and gals) know that the jerseys as referred to on "Authentic Jersey's" thread a week or so ago are completely legit. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=8486
Everything is sewn on and yes there is a SBXL patch on there too (even on the black) and it got to me in two days. You can't beat that with a stick.

I got a black Roethlisberger jersey and it's about the coolest thing I've ever owned! It's arrival time was perfect because now I can "suit up" and watch Big Ben on SportsCenter, if I can ever peel myself away from the computer.

Seriously though, if anyone was on the fence about getting one of these, I would go ahead and take the plunge because it's the real deal.

Rock on Steeler Nation!
Let the Domination Begin!

Stillers#1
07-14-2006, 12:58 AM
How much did it cost?.......B/c i got a Porter jersey for 43 bux...authentic...on EBAY.

squirreljr_98
07-14-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah.

I got a Polamalu and the thing is sweeeet!

Your right it is about the baddest thing it think i've ever owned.

They had a lot of them on there for a good month or 2. But now if you look there are only smaller and larger sizes. Whomever was selling them must have had a warehouse full.

A co-workers friend is stationed in Korea an called him after the SB to tell him that they were selling them over there for $25. He ended up getting a home and away. I compared mine to his and they are exactly the same.

great find, eh.

Authentic Jerseys
07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
I get mine direct from Reebok, not from Ebay. 95% of those listed on Ebay are fakes.

It's ones choice what they want to do, resell a fake for $50 (which they paid $40), or resell an authentic for $200 (for which they paid $95). With no guilt that is.

However, if you are happy with your Ebay purchase, that's all that matters.

LambertIsGod58
07-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, lately eBay has had true authentics....I just got a Polamalu for $35 plus S&H. Reebok wants too much for these. When I can get a 1970's throwback that is better than any Mitchell & Ness for half the price? It all comes down to simple economics. And if my recent purchase of the Polamalu jersey isn't authentic, it's close enough and half the retail price of a replica.

BlackNGold203
07-23-2006, 12:11 PM
i got a Polamalu authentic ....off ebay for $40..VERY NICE...but...they are cut different...ended up being a bit small....(I wear an XL..so I ordered a 54 (2XL)...still snug).....so I sold that to a buddy and got a Big Ben authentic in a 56...same price...its awesome!!

SteelersHoss
07-23-2006, 06:12 PM
I picked up on Ebay, a Super Bowl Bettis Authentic jersey for i think 75 Canadian. It was in the big still, with the tags, and everything is sewn. I agree that you have to be careful with some jerseys on Ebay. One cannot be impulsive. Shop around. Also, i am wondering what the difference is between on field authentic and just authentic.
I noticed a jersey in a mall was a sewn authentic, but the sleeves was the replica material and not the stretchy material like mine. Any ideas?

Has anyone seen the black and grey jerseys that are now out. UGLY:dang:

LambertIsGod58
07-23-2006, 07:50 PM
The difference between what the Steelers really wear and the Authentics sold by Reebok is in the sleeves. The stripes start closer to the shoulder than the elbow. That's the only true difference I can see....The only other thing I see is that the On Field have the mesh(holes) still above the nameplate. Alot of the rip-offs on ebay, the mesh does not extend above the nameplate.

BlackNGold203
07-24-2006, 02:33 PM
OK...Ebay jerseys.....

I won 2 bids on Ebay Thursday night...One Big ben jersey..and one Hines Ward jersey...both black...authentic Reebok "on field" jerseys....everything sewn on...

paid Thursday night...got them delivered today...and they are BEAUTIFUL!!!

vendors name is Jerseytown33...I highly recommend this guy...great merchandise...quick shipping....

Got BOTH jerseys for $76 delivered....$38 each and they are PERFECT!!

Allstar
08-01-2006, 07:55 PM
Just got a Bettis off of Authentic Jerseys. This guy sells what he says and ships quick. I would recommend him to any steeler fan looking for a nice jersey. That goes in a frame right next to my signed bussy helmet.

Polamalu43
08-01-2006, 11:23 PM
yeah i also got a bettis jersey in a frame but mine is not authentic, its even better i think cause it is old school, its the black jersey when starter made them before..

LambertIsGod58
08-02-2006, 06:57 PM
To me, these jerseys look fake...If you look at the font of the 6 in Hines Ward's jersey, it's not right....It could be a bad pic....but I don't think so.

Authentic Jerseys
08-03-2006, 10:42 PM
To me, these jerseys look fake...If you look at the font of the 6 in Hines Ward's jersey, it's not right....It could be a bad pic....but I don't think so.

They are real. I get them direct from Reebok. I understand your negativity, but, this is not a joke/scam/con, or whatever some may think. I have sold close to 40. I now supply stadium vendors.

Don't be so pessimistic. Optimism can bring a happy outlook.

I am very confident in what I do. I can provide proof in a heartbeat. I am here for the long haul.

Glenn

LambertIsGod58
08-05-2006, 01:03 PM
They are real. I get them direct from Reebok. I understand your negativity, but, this is not a joke/scam/con, or whatever some may think. I have sold close to 40. I now supply stadium vendors.

Don't be so pessimistic. Optimism can bring a happy outlook.

I am very confident in what I do. I can provide proof in a heartbeat. I am here for the long haul.

Glenn

What negativity? I stated that IMO, these looked fake. I wouldn't pay $140 for these...That's all. You are tryin to make money, that's cool. But when you put these in a public forum, expect other "take" than your own.

Authentic Jerseys
08-05-2006, 02:31 PM
What negativity? I stated that IMO, these looked fake. I wouldn't pay $140 for these...That's all. You are tryin to make money, that's cool. But when you put these in a public forum, expect other "take" than your own.

Understood. Point well taken. Sorry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Go Steelers!

Thanks,
Glenn