PDA

View Full Version : Computer Geek needed!

Stlrs4Life
07-13-2006, 11:08 PM
For some reason my Wallpaper isn't showing on my monitor. Whenever I restart my puter, it shows up, but when it is done restarting it changes to Windows Blue? WTF?

Koopa
07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
throw the cpu out the window then run over it with your car, maybe that will fix shit lol

Hawk Believer
07-13-2006, 11:17 PM
throw the cpu out the window then run over it with your car, maybe that will fix shit lol
:frustrate

CAH
07-14-2006, 10:01 AM
For some reason my Wallpaper isn't showing on my monitor. Whenever I restart my puter, it shows up, but when it is done restarting it changes to Windows Blue? WTF?
Never had that happen to me but I am going to go have a look for maybe some weird options there. Of course you well know that I know next to nothing about computers but figured this post would bump the thread up a little.:wink:

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Make sure that the image you are using for wallpaper is stored on your hard drive...if you look up an image from the internet and set it as your wallpaper without downloading it...it will disappear when you reboot

X-Terminator
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM

First, you need to check if it's even there - Windows has a really annoying habit of "accidently" deleting or corrupting files on your HD. Go to Start-Settings-Control Panel-Display. In the dialog box that comes up, click the Desktop tab - it'll give you a list of all your wallpapers that you have installed. Look in that list and see if the one you had is still there, select it and then click OK. That should take care of the problem.

X-Terminator
07-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Make sure that the image you are using for wallpaper is stored on your hard drive...if you look up an image from the internet and set it as your wallpaper without downloading it...it will disappear when you reboot

That is not necessarily true - I have done this on both my laptop and desktop and have not had them disappear after a reboot.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 11:37 AM

Dammit, Dom! Take my pic off your comp as your wallpaper. It's just too hot for your computer to handle. :sofunny: Just kiddin'. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
07-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Dammit, Dom! Take my pic off your comp as your wallpaper. It's just too hot for your computer to handle. :sofunny: Just kiddin'. :smile:

How did you know I had it as my wallpaper? Hmm.:busted:

Stlrs4Life
07-16-2006, 04:37 PM
First, you need to check if it's even there - Windows has a really annoying habit of "accidently" deleting or corrupting files on your HD. Go to Start-Settings-Control Panel-Display. In the dialog box that comes up, click the Desktop tab - it'll give you a list of all your wallpapers that you have installed. Look in that list and see if the one you had is still there, select it and then click OK. That should take care of the problem.

I even tried downloading wallpaper to the puter, and it still doesn't show up.

peter
07-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Save it to your hard drive. Then right-click on desktop, select properties, and then the desktop tab. Browse for background and select the picture you just saved. Then click apply. :smile:

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Save it to your hard drive. Then right-click on desktop, select properties, and then the desktop tab. Browse for background and select the picture you just saved. Then click apply. :smile:

I know where you are talking about, but it will not let me click on, nor highlight any of it.