PDA

View Full Version : Cincy radio station billboard...

meanjoecoop
07-13-2006, 11:46 PM
I saw this out of the corner of my eye today. It was in a wooded area off of a cincy area state route. Not easy to see from the road. I found a dirt path back to the sign and got this pic.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/Steelers/mojo-sign.jpg

I'm going to call and request the song "you're always on my mind" and dedicate it to all the bungal fans who just cant get over it.

I'm also thinking about putting up my own billboard...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/Steelers/mojo-sign2.jpg

MattsMe
07-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Wow. That sign's just sad. It's bad enough they put something like this up, but then to do such a crappy job with it, it's pretty pathetic.

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 05:53 AM
WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :rolleyes:

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Wow. That sign's just sad. It's bad enough they put something like this up, but then to do such a crappy job with it, it's pretty pathetic.

Agreed...mannnnn...that is WEAK....:dang:

SteelersfaninPhilly
07-14-2006, 07:43 AM
It is cincy after all. I would expect nothing less.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 08:21 AM
*Picks up phone*

"Hello MOJO!!!! Am I the sixth caller? If so, do I win the replica Chris Henry handgun and the actual syringe used by Odell Thurman?!?!!? OH MY GOD!!!...........Ok, Ok, I would like to request "On Your Knees" by Grace Jones. Thanks and I love you MOJO 94.9!!!".

dhosmer
07-14-2006, 09:17 AM
after living there and listening to the bengals (i just starting watching football) fans whine so much about kimo, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Between the "Queen City" fans who complain about Kimo and the "Emerald City" fans who complain about the officials......

Wait a second! Queen City......Emerald City.

Now I get it.

Livinginthe past
07-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Between the "Queen City" fans who complain about Kimo and the "Emerald City" fans who complain about the officials......

Now I get it.

Enlighten us all Jeremy.

What is the magical link between Queen City and Emerald City that makes their fans whine?

NM

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 11:20 AM
Looks like someone needs to learn to take a joke.

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 12:08 PM
Looks like someone needs to learn to take a joke.
Yeah, like some of the people on this forum...I thought the billboard was pretty funny. :bouncy:

It's true, too...Kimo lost his mojo when he left Cincinnati. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
07-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I saw this out of the corner of my eye today. It was in a wooded area off of a cincy area state route. Not easy to see from the road. I found a dirt path back to the sign and got this pic.

I'm going to call and request the song "you're always on my mind" and dedicate it to all the bungal fans who just cant get over it.

Hmmmm Cincy can't get over it. Put up the bottom sign to piss off cincy.:sofunny:

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah, like some of the people on this forum...I thought the billboard was pretty funny. :bouncy:

It's true, too...Kimo lost his mojo when he left Cincinnati. :smile:

Of course you would.

Big D
07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
correct me if i'm wrong here. But it was accidental that kimo fell on carson. So why are they bitching about it

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Of course you would.
I'm sorry...I'm being insensitive...Kimo is a great guy, it's too bad he'll be forever remembered for "the cheap shot." :sofunny:

Big D
07-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I'm sorry...I'm being insensitive...Kimo is a great guy, it's too bad he'll be forever remembered for "the cheap shot." :sofunny:
explain to me how this was a cheap shot again??

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 12:30 PM
explain to me how this was a cheap shot again??
Hey, I'm not saying it was, but I'll let Ben Roethlisberger explain it to you.

"From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty." -Ben Roethlisberger

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Here's the funny thing about that. Luis Castillo got a free pass from Pittsburgh fans for his borderline shot at Ben's knee in the Monday night game. But Kimo get slammed by Bengal fans for a very similar play.

Maybe people from pennsylvania know a little more about football than people from Kentucky.

Big D
07-14-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey, I'm not saying it was, but I'll let Ben Roethlisberger explain it to you.

"From what I heard, he said he got pushed or tripped or something; but anytime you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty." -Ben Roethlisberger
I just remeber seeing the look on kimos face. and the instant replay showed that he was tripped i thought. maybe i'm wrong

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 12:59 PM
I just remeber seeing the look on kimos face. and the instant replay showed that he was tripped i thought. maybe i'm wrong
Kimo has some roots out here in Washington and all of the people who know him were resolute about his character and that he would never, never take a guys knee out on purpose. They portrayed him as a sort of gentle giant. It sucks what happened for sure. But I think when a guy has the track record that Kimo has, I have to take him at his word that he didn't mean to and was genuinely contrite that he played a role in such an devastating injury.

But thats easy for me to say as a third party observer; its obvious that a Bengal fan is going to have a harder time getting to that conclusion.

Big D
07-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Kimo has some roots out here in Washington and all of the people who know him were resolute about his character and that he would never, never take a guys knee out on purpose. They portrayed him as a sort of gentle giant. It sucks what happened for sure. But I think when a guy has the track record that Kimo has, I have to take him at his word that he didn't mean to and was genuinely contrite that he played a role in such an devastating injury.

But thats easy for me to say as a third party observer; its obvious that a Bengal fan is going to have a harder time getting to that conclusion.
ok lets just say for a second that the palmer injury doesnt happen. We still beat the bengals and then we still end up in the superbowl If the same incident happens with matt do you have the same opinion

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Here's the funny thing about that. Luis Castillo got a free pass from Pittsburgh fans for his borderline shot at Ben's knee in the Monday night game. But Kimo get slammed by Bengal fans for a very similar play.
Obviously you weren't a member of this board when Odell Thurman got a low hit on Ben Roethlisberger.

Big D
07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
Obviously you weren't a member of this board when Odell Thurman got a low hit on Ben Roethlisberger.
I wasnt. do you have a link

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 01:25 PM
I wasnt. do you have a link
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2890

No real overreactions, besides the one by Big Ben. However, Ben was right when he said "whenever you go low on a quarterback, you know it's a little dirty," anytime you do that to a quarterback, regardless of the reason, someone is going to label it a cheap shot. Many fans besides Bengal and Steeler fans call it a cheap shot still. I by no means think that Kimo tried to tackle Carson with intent of hurting him, but I do think at that moment he did have the intent of taking him to the ground.

As a Bengal fan, I've watched Kimo play for a very long time, considering he started out his career as a bengal. He's really a nice guy, he wouldn't try to injure someone on purpose. Again, I and most other Bengal fans don't really consider Kimo's hit to be a cheap shot, but that doesn't mean it doesn't still hit a nerve everytime we see it. When I refer to Kimo's hit as a cheap shot, it's basically used as a joke to get under a steeler fan's skin.

The image of Carson going down at the hand of the Steelers is something that most Bengal fans can rally behind, like I said, it hits a nerve...and putting it on a billboard is just a good way to get the support of the area bengal fans.

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
ok lets just say for a second that the palmer injury doesnt happen. We still beat the bengals and then we still end up in the superbowl If the same incident happens with matt do you have the same opinion
Ahhh, thats a good thread question. But ultimately we'll never know. Maybe the Steelers still win that game, but they get more worn down and aren't able to sustain their unprecedented run in the following weeks. Maybe they get even more momentum by beating a healthy Palmer in a close game. But I think odds are that no doubt the Steelers reaped an incredible benefit from Palmer's injury.

Jeremy
07-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Let's go back even further in history. What if Ben doesn't get hurt in the San Diego game? Would we even be the #6 seed?

Too many what ifs.

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 01:54 PM
Let's go back even further in history. What if Ben doesn't get hurt in the San Diego game? Would we even be the #6 seed?

Too many what ifs.
Kinda reminds me of those Choose Your Own Adventure books they had when I was a kid.

Why did I always get eaten by the Yeti?:dang:

Big D
07-14-2006, 02:07 PM
i think you misread what i was saying hawk if kimo would have rolled over on matts knee in the superbowl what would your opinion be

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 02:20 PM
i think you misread what i was saying hawk if kimo would have rolled over on matts knee in the superbowl what would your opinion be
It would be harder for me to get to that opinion, sure. But I hope I would have the objectivity with time to see it from the big picture perspective.

Actually, that example is pretty akin to the SB officiating issue. There were a few key calls that on some occasions would not have been flagged but they were. It felt like more of those calls seemed to go against the Hawks that day. But when all is said and done , if I look at the plays objectivley I can see that most of the calls were correct if you are following the rule book to a T. Inconsistancy of calls is part of the game and we have to figure more calls will go against you when you are not the home team. And the Hawks did not play to their potential that day. So we've got to suck it and move forward and focus on the issues we can control. But it still makes me feel a little sick to know we were that close.... Hopefully the players will turn that feeling into more success next season.

CowherLover
07-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Man I can't believe this is a topic, AGAIN! Do a search and look at all of the other threads that went on about this. Lord knows there was never a shortage of threads about this topic. Especially if you enjoy drama because as you can imagine things were pretty heated on occasion.

Tankus_Maximus
07-15-2006, 11:00 AM
Kimo was BLOCKED into Carson by the OT!!!!

Quit the belly-achin' already. You're the Bengals...that's all you'll ever be. Accept it and move on.

MattsMe
07-15-2006, 01:25 PM
You're the Bengals...that's all you'll ever be. Accept it and move on.

:rofl: OUCH! Nothing like a cold hard dose of reality.

CantStop85
07-15-2006, 04:54 PM

Quit the belly-achin' already. You're the Bengals...that's all you'll ever be. Accept it and move on.
I told you it gets under their skin. :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
07-15-2006, 10:52 PM
This oughtta get him going...

Not only do we stop 85, Ike Taylor puts Johnson on LOCKDOWN!
The next time CJ does something against us, it'll be the first time!!

CantStop85
07-16-2006, 11:18 AM
This oughtta get him going...

Not only do we stop 85, Ike Taylor puts Johnson on LOCKDOWN!
The next time CJ does something against us, it'll be the first time!!
Stop Chad all you want, it only leaves TJ wide open. Pick your poison.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 11:57 AM

tehehe... Great work, Meanie! :grin:

Tankus_Maximus
07-16-2006, 11:02 PM
TJ's the city south of the Mexico-America border. Lil crappy poverty ridden town, much like the Bengals!

SteelShooter
07-17-2006, 12:55 AM

Now I get it.

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: LMAO!!!!!!! :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Now THAT was funny!

SteelCityMan786
07-17-2006, 09:45 AM

Someone also stating fact. Now Luis Castillo's Cheapshot at Ben was a cheapshot.

steelers07
08-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Holy crap lol!! I unfourtunatly live in Cincinnati and I see that billboard all over! It is sooo lame!! Seriously!!

stillers4me
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
(.....stillers clearing throat) Has anybody told them yet that Kimo isn't a Steeler anymore........????

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Smileys/thud.gif

stillers4me
08-07-2006, 08:25 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=2890

The image of Carson going down at the hand of the Steelers is something that most Bengal fans can rally behind, like I said, it hits a nerve...and putting it on a billboard is just a good way to get the support of the area bengal fans.

It's pretty sad if you have to go to these lengths to get the fans to support the local team. :dang:

Stlrs4Life
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
It is cincy after all. I would expect nothing less.

Exactly!

That would be 1 cool sign to put up meanjoe!

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Exactly!

That would be 1 cool sign to put up meanjoe!

Cincy, where IQ Levels Suck(for some of em)

Tankus_Maximus
08-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Do the Bengals play the Jets this year?

memphissteelergirl
08-10-2006, 12:15 PM

:crying02: Really, Bungles, this "cry-me-a-river" crap has gotta stop...like TM said, get over it and accept your mediocrity.

And as for that billboard...highly unoriginal...concept lame...that is all.

Tankus_Maximus
08-10-2006, 11:18 PM
I've come to the conclusion that the Bungles winning the AFC North is their Super Bowl.

Not sure what I hate more, the arrogance of them & their fans (after 1 winning season in 15 years), or that stupid gold grill of Chad. God, he looks ghetto. Hope Troy spears the lunch outta him this year and causes him to fumble!

bigbensgirl7
08-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the Bungles winning the AFC North is their Super Bowl.

Actually beating us in the regular season was their Super Bowl....it was evident when they poured gatorade on Lewis and they had not even accomplished anything at that point except for beating us in one out of two regular season games. WOW what an accomplishment!!!!
I think we should all pitch in some money and rent a billboard of our own in Cinci!!! :smile:

Stlrs4Life
08-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Do the Bengals play the Jets this year?

Funny that you mentioned that. The minute I heared Kimo signed with the Jets, I thought the samne. Fortunately no they don't.

Tankus_Maximus
08-12-2006, 09:22 PM
It'd be perfect karma for Levi Jones to block Kimo into Carson's other stick!