PDA

View Full Version : ????????jerseys??????

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Do folks that buy the real jerseys look down on the folks that buy the replica jerseys? I was just wondering I like the fake one cause if I spill a beer and bar b q sauce all over it I dont worry so much. I would also like to have some of the real throwbacks to hang on the wall and not wear. I cant see wearing a $300 shirt

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Do folks that buy the real jerseys look down on the folks that buy the replica jerseys? I was just wondering I like the fake one cause if I spill a beer and bar b q sauce all over it I dont worry so much. I would also like to have some of the real throwbacks to hang on the wall and not wear. I cant see wearing a $300 shirt

Arkie..I am going to have someone make you a camo Steeler Jersey so you can hunt in it!!!:sofunny: :sofunny: What number do you want?...Anyone else want to order one?

Remember..just wear the jersey...its real hard to aim a shotgun with shoulderpads on!!!

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
That would be bad ass to deer hunt in a Steeler jersey I have hunted in my camo Steeler hat I got but a shirt man I got to get me one of them.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 09:12 AM

I have replica's, but I don't give a damn what jersey a fellow fan is wearing. As long as it's black and gold and they are pumped.

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Its not if I could afford one its just why? I can buy 4 other jerseys for the price of one of them. just a thought

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
I have replica's, but I don't give a damn what jersey a fellow fan is wearing. As long as it's black and gold and they are pumped.

Sooo..no Camo shirt for you? *marking 83-Steelers-43 of the list*

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 09:31 AM
Its not if I could afford one its just why? I can buy 4 other jerseys for the price of one of them. just a thought

For me, it's a preference. That's all. I like replica/authentic's. I stay clear from the away jersey's though. White at a Steeler game is not a good move in my opinion.

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Arkie.....someone dissing you about what jersey to wear?

Like it matters...I have a throwback...a replica...and just ordered a Polamalu authentic off ebay ($40).....

Its Black..its Gold...its good....ya know???

if someone actually thinks they are better for wearing one or the other...that someone SERIOUSLY needs a life.....

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 09:44 AM
Arkie.....someone dissing you about what jersey to wear?

Like it matters...I have a throwback...a replica...and just ordered a Polamalu authentic off ebay ($40).....

Its Black..its Gold...its good....ya know???

if someone actually thinks they are better for wearing one or the other...that someone SERIOUSLY needs a life.....

No I was just trying to get an idea of what the mind set was of most folks that go to the home games in Pittsburgh.

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 09:49 AM
No I was just trying to get an idea of what the mind set was of most folks that go to the home games in Pittsburgh.

LOL...from my experience...the only mindset is.....GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
07-14-2006, 09:52 AM
LOL...from my experience...the only mindset is.....GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

Thats the way I feel about it

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Yeah, Heinz isn't a fashion show. Nobody really cares what your wearing. Hell, we have Jesus at the games...lol.

As long as your sporting the B&G and cheering, nothing else matters.

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah, Heinz isn't a fashion show. Nobody really cares what your wearing. Hell, we have Jesus at the games...lol.

As long as your sporting the B&G and cheering, nothing else matters.I can hardly wait! :bouncy: Jesus??????:hunch: Everyone knows that God is a Steeler fan but I didn't know he actually showed up in person for the games!

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I can hardly wait! :bouncy: Jesus??????:hunch: Everyone knows that God is a Steeler fan but I didn't know he actually showed up in person for the games!

http://www.roriness.com/blog/images/SteelerJC.jpg Oh yeah. :bouncy:

HometownGal
07-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Hell, Arkie - you see it all at Steelers games. Black and gold painted faces, bodies, hair, replica jerseys, authentic jerseys - it's one big beautiful sea of black and gold! At the Lions game last season, we saw a guy who had at least 20 black and gold plastic hoop earrings through his lower lip - LOL! :sofunny: I have both a replica and authentic #51 jersey, and I wear the replica a little more for the reasons you gave. Whatever shirt you wear, continue to wear it proudly! :smile: :cool:

floodcitygirl
07-14-2006, 10:23 AM
http://www.roriness.com/blog/images/SteelerJC.jpg Oh yeah. :bouncy:OMG!!!!!! He's even carrying His Terrible Towel!!! :sofunny:

klick81
07-14-2006, 11:51 AM
OMG!!!!!! He's even carrying His Terrible Towel!!! :sofunny:

LOL! I hadn't noticed that. That's hiliarious!

Man_Of_Steel
07-14-2006, 04:24 PM
It doesn't matter what you wear. The way I see it is why pay $300 for a jersey that the player might be gone in a few years then it was a waste of money.

CAH
07-14-2006, 06:08 PM
I buy only replicas and never felt beneath anyone. Price works for me and as long as it's black & gold, I know I look perfect.

shimmysteelerfan
07-14-2006, 08:01 PM

what is pfj???

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 08:48 PM
lol and I thought our storm trooper was cool.

You can sometimes get an authentic jersey really cheap...I got a Palmer one for around $50 off of Ebay, but no way I would shell out $200-300 dollars for one...if I pay that much, it better be signed by every single person on the 53 man roster. :blurp:

Koopa
07-14-2006, 08:59 PM

yes, i spit on fools that don't spend the ridiculous amount of money on a jersey lol.......i got a "real" as you say on ebay lol for 40 bucks, looks real to me, nothing wrong with it. lol

Ambridge
07-14-2006, 09:00 PM
IMO true hometown Pittsburgh fans are the "Blue collar-take your lunch pail to work-A shot and a beer" type of fans..........and don't really give a hoot about what kind of jersey you're wearing whether it be replica or authentic.

I proudly wear my replica Hines Ward jersey on gameday and probably wouldn't buy an authentic jersey even if I found an extra $300.00 laying on the ground.

PS-I heard that Reebok is coming out with a mid-level replica Steeler jerseys that are around $120-$130 that have a sewn on Steeler logo patch instead of the regular iron-on'd rubber/plastic one.

HburgXL06
07-14-2006, 10:37 PM
So far I have a replica Roethlisberger jersey and plan on gettin a Bettis Super Bowl XL replica jersey before the end of the summer. I thought about authentic but I don't have the money. If I could I would get a personallized jersey that said "BuFu" on the back but I don't have the money for that either. Oh well, I don't care what the expensive retailer says, if you are reppin Black N Gold you're a member of the nation.

BuFu

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Okay...time for a confession....I have a Lambert and Bradshaw Jerseys that I wear PROUDLEY..but I have been hiding the Kordell Jersey, that my wife gave me for Christmas several years ago, DEEP in the back of the closet...two week ago I took the name off the back and went to the local Hobby Lobby and purchased the Letters for "Holmes"...IF he gets his head out of his nether-regions...I am going to fix it and have promised my son he can have it. I have now justified spending the money on a Bettis Jersey for me....(WHAT A BAD DAD I AM:shake01: )... in my defense, he has a troy and a Ward jesey already... (Justification is good for the soul:rolleyes: )

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Okay...time for a confession....I have a Lambert and Bradshaw Jerseys that I wear PROUDLEY..but I have been hiding the Kordell Jersey, that my wife gave me for Christmas several years ago, DEEP in the back of the closet...two week ago I took the name off the back and went to the local Hobby Lobby and purchased the Letters for "Holmes"...IF he gets his head out of his nether-regions...I am going to fix it and have promised my son he can have it. I have now justified spending the money on a Bettis Jersey for me....(WHAT A BAD DAD I AM:shake01: )... in my defense, he has a troy and a Ward jesey already... (Justification is good for the soul:rolleyes: )

When it comes to the Steelers, you gotta do what ya gotta do. As you already pointed out, the little guy already has a Troy and Ward jersey. LLT, I see nothing wrong with your actions. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
When it comes to the Steelers, you gotta do what ya gotta do. As you already pointed out, the little guy already has a Troy and Ward jersey. LLT, I see nothing wrong with your actions. :smile:

Thanks 83Steelers43..I promise the next time you are being cheap and selfish...I Got Your Back!!!

HburgXL06
07-15-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks 83Steelers43..I promise the next time you are being cheap and selfish...I Got Your Back!!!

Look at your rep man.....are the comin of the anti-christ? Lol. Look what your selfish actions have reaped you. Lol.

BuFu

SteelShooter
07-16-2006, 12:49 AM
That would be bad ass to deer hunt in a Steeler jersey I have hunted in my camo Steeler hat I got but a shirt man I got to get me one of them.

Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!

Lambert, I'll take a #7 or #43........oh hell, I don't care, whatever is left over!

LMAO! If that were real.......how cool would that be?

WIth a cammi long sleeved tee under, it really would be perfect for Dove Hunting come September! I could just pretend they (the doves) were McNair's passes during an upcoming Ratbirds Game! LMAO!

ooorah Lambert! Damned good idea!

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-16-2006, 07:40 AM
Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!

Lambert, I'll take a #7 or #43........oh hell, I don't care, whatever is left over!

LMAO! If that were real.......how cool would that be?

WIth a cammi long sleeved tee under, it really would be perfect for Dove Hunting come September! I could just pretend they (the doves) were McNair's passes during an upcoming Ratbirds Game! LMAO!

ooorah Lambert! Damned good idea!
I think we are on to something here!!!!....There may be some serious coinage to be made:sofunny:

Prosdo
07-16-2006, 08:07 AM
PS-I heard that Reebok is coming out with a mid-level replica Steeler jerseys that are around $120-$130 that have a sewn on Steeler logo patch instead of the regular iron-on'd rubber/plastic one.

I think they came out before last season. I was shopping for a Hines Ward jersey before Steelers training camp last summer. The Steelers Store in Monroeville Mall wanted $80 for the regular replica (I guess prices were up since training camp was starting). I think it was the Foot Locker that had the mid-level replicas for $100. They only came in black and only had a few players (Ward, Roethlisberger, Bettis, & Polamalu I think) since they were new. I really like them. They are a little heavier, a little bit shorter, and the numbers, steelers patch, and name are sewn on. If you guys want I can post up some pictures of the difference.