PDA

View Full Version : Kemoeatu now out with Pittsburgh

StainlessStill
03-01-2012, 05:40 PM
The chopping at the tree keeps ticking:

The purge in Pittsburgh continues.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu will join wide receiver Hines Ward and defensive end Aaron Smith as veterans that the Steelers recently released, according to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

Kemoeatu used to be a mauler in the run game, but hes struggled with injuries and played at a declining level over the last few years. Pittsburgh has shed a lot of salary cap room over the last few weeks, but it wont be enough to use the franchise tag on Mike Wallace.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/steelers-boot-kemoeatu-too/

GMU Steeler
03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Unlike Hines and Aaron, I am not really too sad to see Kemo go. He made a lot of dumb mistakes.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-01-2012, 06:11 PM
This one makes my day! I was so tired of yelling at the TV over stupid ass plays and poor judgements. He should offer to pay for 1.00 after all the money he stole.

tony hipchest
03-01-2012, 06:17 PM
kemo was pretty much a failed experiment 7 years in the making.

we had a great line during the latter part of jerome bettis career.

drafted to be "next" was starks, okolbi, kemo, essex and none of them really panned out. even the "best" of the bunch was average. people say we neglected the line in the draft, but ive seen plenty of teams do more with less.

faneca, hartings, m. smith, and simmons were all very difficult to replace at once, but it shouldnt have been that hard, had our draft picks to the potential that was seen when drafted.

mix in hills and urbick and our scouting of o-linemen looks incredibly weak.

Atlanta Dan
03-01-2012, 06:35 PM
If Kemo's release requires him to buy new health insurance hopefully it will cover what has to be some serious costs for the anger management meds

Hard to remember how pleased so many of us were when Kemo did not leave after the 2008 Super Bowl season - definitely a disappointment since 2008

:wave:

pete74
03-01-2012, 06:41 PM
im so glad he is finally gone. two years ago everyone thought he was so awesome and i never understood why. i never liked him as a starter.

pittpete
03-01-2012, 06:46 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrfmievBLH1qmb8czo1_500.jpg

GameTime55
03-01-2012, 07:05 PM
Unlike Hines and Aaron, I am not really too sad to see Kemo go. He made a lot of dumb mistakes.

Totally Agree with this!

Notorioius for some dumb a$$ mistakes

buh bye!:wave:

stb_steeler
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
The chopping at the tree keeps ticking:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/steelers-boot-kemoeatu-too/

I think i saw Kemo in the world guiness book of records under most penalized player.

Bayz101
03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Well, not so sad about this move. Goodbye, farewell, burn in hell :chuckle:

Take your stupid post-play penalties to some other team!

60_MINUTES
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM

drafted to be "next" was starks, okolbi, kemo, essex and none of them really panned out. even the "best" of the bunch was average. people say we neglected the line in the draft, but ive seen plenty of teams do more with less.
faneca, hartings, m. smith, and simmons were all very difficult to replace at once, but it shouldnt have been that hard, had our draft picks to the potential that was seen when drafted.

I usually agree with most of what you say Tony... but I dont see many teams in the league if any that have this many low draft picks up front.. I cant say I ever saw a team do anything with this many low draft picks

I could be wrong but who has a line that is any good at all with picks this low starting on it??

I actually think the opp then you on this... We have won and won a superbowl ( much to BENs credit and the D ) with the worst lines in the world.. I would say that qualifies as doing a lot with a crappy line

6RingsAndCounting
03-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Thank god.. I hated him

SteelCity4Life
03-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Finally! How could this team let it's image be damaged by the dumb mistakes Kemo made?

Dumb penalty after dumb penalty.

Good move! Also, essentially "firing" Bruce Arians. I was a visitor here but now I get to express my agree-ables!

Too bad. so sad. Nah, not really. Good bye sir! :wave:

Good move. :applaudit:

LVSteelersfan
03-01-2012, 09:18 PM
AWESOME POST !!!! What is this post about again? :rofl: :rofl: http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrfmievBLH1qmb8czo1_500.jpg

Bayz101
03-01-2012, 09:25 PM
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrfmievBLH1qmb8czo1_500.jpg

:lust:

ricardisimo
03-02-2012, 03:25 AM

Too true. I'm hoping that a Hartings-style FA signing might be in the works (Gaither?) just in case we either yet again fail to address the line in the first round or two, or we miss on our pick. Honestly though, whenever we pick a linemen in the first two rounds, our record is not bad at all:

Marvel
Simmons
Urbik
Pouncey
Gilbert

I mean, Kraig is a starter after all, just not for us.

FrancoLambert
03-02-2012, 06:13 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:
GOOD RIDDANCE, HE SUCKED!!
As an old horticulturist once instructed me,
"Keep cutting the old and dead wood to keep the plant healthy."

He had some good moments, but not lately.

StainlessStill
03-02-2012, 06:17 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:
GOOD RIDDANCE, HE SUCKED!!
As an old horticulturist once instructed me,
"Keep cutting the old and dead wood to keep the plant healthy."

He had some good moments, but not lately.

He had some solid years. The greatest form of his game was pulling. Got to give credit where credit is due, once that boy got movin', rarely anyone wanted to get in the way. Once he jacked up his knee he was never the same and so he took to playing stupid with aggression at the most unnecessary times.

In SB XLV, Clay Matthews was mic'd up and said "That Kemoeatu is a big boy. I knew power was coming but he is just too strong, he's a big boy!"

6RingsAndCounting
03-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Kemo was very possibly my least favorite Steeler of all time, and it is mainly because of his penalties. I've never seen someone as dumb as him.

plenewken
03-03-2012, 07:24 AM
:applaudit: Glad to see him gone. He was nuttier than a squirrel turd..