PDA

View Full Version : Trib: Steelers raise ticket prices

Bayz101
03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
The Steelers have raised ticket prices for the 2012 season.

In a letter mailed to season-ticket holders, the team said the price increase was in order to "meet the challenges of remaining competitive in the National Football League."

The Steelers did not make prices available, but it is known that tickets which cost $92 in 2011 will cost $100 next season.

The Steelers did not raise prices for the 2011 season, which was threatened by the NFL lockout.

It is the fifth ticket increase in the past eight years. The Steelers did not raise ticket prices following their Super Bowl appearances in the 2005, 2008 and 2010 seasons.

Link to article: Steelers raise ticket prices for 2012 season - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_784735.html#ixzz1o6VOsBxp

Bayz101
03-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I like that they didn't increase ticket prices following Super Bowl appearances and wins.

sluggermatt15
03-03-2012, 07:41 PM
I think the team raises prices every 2 seasons. I don't agree with that reasoning the in first post, even though it was quoted. All teams raise ticket prices every few seasons, so this is really no surprise to me.

6RingsAndCounting
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
Glad I watch the games from the bar now.

stb_steeler
03-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Some of us cant afford the tix right now.... I'll stick with the TV for now.

steelerchad
03-04-2012, 01:26 PM
It's kind of irrelevant. If you're a season ticket holder, you'll feel the pinch. Otherwise, most are paying market value on the open market which is usually double face value anyway. The market will be what most people pay and that depends on schedule and how well the team is doing, not whether the ticket face cost is $92 or $100.

StainlessStill
03-04-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't give up Steelers games. I try to make it to ATLEAST 2-3 a year. Heinz Field IS my bucket-list. Even though it's tough to even put gallons of gas in your tank, I'll always have money aside for the Steelers so, this sucks but I'll make my way around it I suppose. Work too hard not to do things you enjoy, haha and going to Heinz Field is what I enjoy the most.:tt04:

stb_steeler
03-04-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, I just can't give up Steelers games. I try to make it to ATLEAST 2-3 a year. Heinz Field IS my bucket-list. Even though it's tough to even put gallons of gas in your tank, I'll always have money aside for the Steelers so, this sucks but I'll make my way around it I suppose. Work too hard not to do things you enjoy, haha and going to Heinz Field is what I enjoy the most.:tt04:

That could all change on the day you walk into work and the man says, welp....today is your last day enjoy!

tanda10506
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
If you can afford $92 then you can afford $100, and if you can't afford $100 then you probably weren't going for $92 anyway. If they raise it every two years at $8 each time, they won't be selling out every game by the end of the decade.

steelerchad
03-04-2012, 06:02 PM
They'll sell out every game easily by 2020 if they raise $8 every 2 years. That would be a $32 increase by 2020. So $124. The $92 seats are lower level sidelines, from the goalline to the 30. Those seats go for around $250/seat now, so moving them to $124 won't budge the demand one bit. It will just cut into the scalper profits. It will take a lot of losing before lower sidelines don't sell out at $124. If the cheapest seats go up at the same %, then they will likely go from $68 to around $95 or so by decades end. Very few games ever have tickets available that cheap on the secondary market, so again, I don't think sell outs are a problem unless the Steelers start losing big time.

The last 2 years the Steelers have had December, Thursday night games against very bad teams. Carolina and the Browns. Those games still sold out and the cheap seats were still selling above face. A cold, thursday night game in December against a doormat is the worst possible scenario for a Steelers home game.

Trust me, nobody is handing in their PSL's over $4/year increase and only about 2k seats per game aren't sold on a season ticket basis.

6RingsAndCounting
03-04-2012, 06:40 PM

That's why I thank god that I know Season ticket holders. Whenever they can't go, i'll take the tickets off their hands.

StainlessStill
03-04-2012, 09:19 PM
That could all change on the day you walk into work and the man says, welp....today is your last day enjoy!

Well, stb, trust me, if that ever happens, I'll manage to be in the house on Sunday's:applaudit: Just the way I am:drink:

stb_steeler
03-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Well, stb, trust me, if that ever happens, I'll manage to be in the house on Sunday's:applaudit: Just the way I am:drink:

Living close by doesnt hurt either.....:wink02:

60_MINUTES
03-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I can only make one of two games a year... I do an early game in sept or early OCT with the wife.. and go to any AFC championship game we host Period... you only live once.. the AFC champ game usually cost me 200 to 250 for upper between the 30s single letters and its worth every penny.. I got to see Troy pick the Ravens and send us to the superbowl and I could never in a milllion years feel the rush I got from seeing that one live...

that year I was on the 50 yard line Ravens side row F. ( First seat on the upper ... nothing in front of me but the rail it was one of the best feelings in the world ( at least to me ) so I guess what Im saying is I will pay at least 2 and at least 300 to come up for big games ( but like I said I only get to come once or twice a year )

StainlessStill
03-05-2012, 09:15 PM
I got to see Troy pick the Ravens and send us to the superbowl and I could never in a milllion years feel the rush I got from seeing that one live...

That sure was wild and was a HUGE POP in HEINZ when Troy picked off Flaccid. The Stadium architecture shook and the party that ensued when he walked into the endzone was something you never forget. I was up in the 500's with my father, cousins, and bat-crazy bastards in our section. There were 4 Ravens fans behind us, didn't mimic a WORD the whole game. Just a spectacular moment, it's right up there when Fu scored in 2002 during the Browns comeback game. Even though most fans left, Heinz went into a frenzy when Fu scored the go ahead T.D. I've seen some major classics in both the regular season and playoffs. It got insane when 'Tonio took that punt back in '08 against the Chargers. We were in the bleachers then, standing up on each others shoulders. Amazing times and more to come! Another instant classic was the recent Antonio Brown 3rd and 19 catch from Ben in '10 against the Ratbirds. It was a sigh of relief meets pandemonium when Brown caught that bomb. Money is no object to the memories that will forever be with me.