PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency

fujirama24
03-04-2012, 12:09 PM
I know that we are not going to make a big splash in FA, we would just like to retain most of are players. But there could be a few bargain's out there. One that I saw was Patrick Bailey ILB. He played here, so he knows the system. He would add depth to the ILB position and could replace Arnez battle on special teams. What are your guys thoughts on him and other bargain free agents.

steeltheone
03-04-2012, 04:28 PM
OL OL OL OL OL

FrancoLambert
03-04-2012, 06:39 PM
OL OL OL OL OL

:applaudit: :hatsoff: :applaudit: :hatsoff:

finesward
03-04-2012, 07:55 PM
OL OL OL OL OL

Draft Draft Draft Draft

There are much better OL in this year's draft then in FA. Not so much @ ILB

We need one more ILB, why not bring in a late draft pick (burfict maybe?) and a FA like Bailey to compete for a spot on the roster?

Burfict is an interesting pick. Maybe Harrison can harness that aggression and get the best out of the kid? We tried with Anthony Smith and that didn't quite work out though..lol

ETL
03-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I perused the FA list and did not find any gems such as a Ryan Clark, James Farrior or a Wayne Gandy.

steeltheone
03-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I perused the FA list and did not find any gems such as a Ryan Clark, James Farrior or a Wayne Gandy.

I forgot about Gandy ....Very nice

steeltheone
03-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Draft Draft Draft Draft

There are much better OL in this year's draft then in FA. Not so much @ ILB

We need one more ILB, why not bring in a late draft pick (burfict maybe?) and a FA like Bailey to compete for a spot on the roster?

Burfict is an interesting pick. Maybe Harrison can harness that aggression and get the best out of the kid? We tried with Anthony Smith and that didn't quite work out though..lol

OL are easier to interchange FA wise imo ....Burfict wont go past rd 2 ....seems to be taking himself out of the Steeler mold.

finesward
03-05-2012, 05:18 AM
OL are easier to interchange FA wise imo ....Burfict wont go past rd 2 ....seems to be taking himself out of the Steeler mold.

He may not go past the second round, but all the mocks and news I've seen with him since his combine bomb has him going day 3 or undrafted.

Rick5895
03-05-2012, 05:30 AM
He may not go past the second round, but all the mocks and news I've seen with him since his combine bomb has him going day 3 or undrafted.
Burfict didn't test well at the combine and with his alleged attitude and character issues, he might just be available in round 3 or 4 for us if we want to take the chance.
There appears to be plenty of good interior OL and we should be able to get a decent guard in rounds 3 and on. I suspect we will be drafting either Hightower or Poe (if the unlikely happens and Poe drops that far)
Free agents won't come cheap, and after clearing this cap room why go after a free agent and re spend that money. Sign our own and regisn those that are coming up to FA after next season.

steeltheone
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Burfict didn't test well at the combine and with his alleged attitude and character issues, he might just be available in round 3 or 4 for us if we want to take the chance.
There appears to be plenty of good interior OL and we should be able to get a decent guard in rounds 3 and on. I suspect we will be drafting either Hightower or Poe (if the unlikely happens and Poe drops that far)
Free agents won't come cheap, and after clearing this cap room why go after a free agent and re spend that money. Sign our own and regisn those that are coming up to FA after next season.

Does not always have to be a super star FA...Sometimes with coach changes, changes in philosophy, players coming off a bad year you can snag a bargain player.

Rick5895
03-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Does not always have to be a super star FA...Sometimes with coach changes, changes in philosophy, players coming off a bad year you can snag a bargain player.

I agree. If there are bargains out there then sign them. However I trust in what the Steelers do. That is keep our own and draft well. Loyalty to some players has gotten us in trouble cap wise. But this organization seems to keep themselves in contention evry year.
But please don't overpay for free agents from other teams.

steeltheone
03-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I agree. If there are bargains out there then sign them. However I trust in what the Steelers do. That is keep our own and draft well. Loyalty to some players has gotten us in trouble cap wise. But this organization seems to keep themselves in contention evry year.
But please don't overpay for free agents from other teams.

I agree totally Rick...Good thing we have made very few mistakes over the years!:tt:

fujirama24
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
I agree totally Rick...Good thing we have made very few mistakes over the years!:tt:

I agree we haven't made too many bad moves. I know I was a big J.Porter fan and to let him go I wasn't very happy but I believe it was the right move. As for hines I think we have made a hugh mistake. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think we used him right typical arians. I hope I am wrong but I think the way he plays he has another 3 to 4 years left in the tank.