PDA

View Full Version : Shut up Tony Dungy

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Sticks his nose in everything. Another Jessie Jackson....

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 12:36 AM
i'd rather hear what he has to say. one of my favorite chuck noll students.

lloydwoodson
03-06-2012, 01:28 AM
Steeltheone, comparing Dungy to Jackson is racist. You are out of line. Tony Dungy is a sports analyst who gets paid to give his opinion on sports issues. This has nothing to do with Jesse Jackson. Comparing two completely dissimilar people to each other based solely on race is racist. Also, Super bowl winning head coaches get a say in football matters. Your opinion is not important.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 02:06 AM
i thought it was particularly insightful when he pointed out a game 3 years ago vs the redskins (with greg williams as DC) where peyton manning nearly had his head ripped off.

he sustained some significant hurt that very well coulda led to his multiple neck surgeries.

while i hate goodells pussified league as much as anyone, i certainly dont wanna be robbed of a compelling sb matchup as favre vs manning woulda been.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Steeltheone, comparing Dungy to Jackson is racist. You are out of line. Tony Dungy is a sports analyst who gets paid to give his opinion on sports issues. This has nothing to do with Jesse Jackson. Comparing two completely dissimilar people to each other based solely on race is racist. Also, Super bowl winning head coaches get a say in football matters. Your opinion is not important.

Has nothing to do with race...I never mentioned race...You did...My point is he is into evertything..Vick, etc.

The Only reason he is relevant is Payton Manning.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 03:40 PM
i thought it was particularly insightful when he pointed out a game 3 years ago vs the redskins (with greg williams as DC) where peyton manning nearly had his head ripped off.

he sustained some significant hurt that very well coulda led to his multiple neck surgeries.

while i hate goodells pussified league as much as anyone, i certainly dont wanna be robbed of a compelling sb matchup as favre vs manning woulda been.

Its gotta be one way or the other...Harrison, Lloyd, Lambert type players play to rip your head off and hand it to you. Thats just the way they play. Nothing personal.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 06:13 PM
nobody is talkin about lambert, lloyd, or harrison.

TRH
03-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Dungy HAS annoyed me from time to time with some of his analyst comments, but nothing major. However.....this time he has a point. The bounty system could very well have contributed to Peyton's injury and Manning actually thought the guy tried to twist his head off. Dungy has a good point this time. A very good point.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2012, 06:20 PM
I like Dungy, he's a good guy. I would listen to the man, plus he comes from the Steelers family tree.

Christian Snyder
03-06-2012, 07:08 PM
I like Tony Dungy; He is an all around good guy, and knows A LOT about football, naturally.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 07:38 PM
nobody is talkin about lambert, lloyd, or harrison.

Those players would have handed Manning his head bounty or not, So yes we are talking about those players.

mikegrimey
03-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Tony Dungy is far more respected, knowledgable and lucid about football than steeltehone, who's proven in 3 little posts to have nothing of substance to say and a dire inability to comprehend words.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Tony Dungy is far more respected, knowledgable and lucid about football than steeltehone, who's proven in 3 little posts to have nothing of substance to say and a dire inability to comprehend words.

You played soccer...And thats ok, my daughter does too. But when i played, players worth their salt as the Harrison, LIoyd, Lambert went for the kill. Nothing personal,thats what football is about.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Those players would have handed Manning his head bounty or not, So yes we are talking about those players.

"we"?

youre all alone on this one :hunch:

.you know who shut up after they retired? chuck noll.

you know who didnt? bill cowher.

anyways fans always bitch and whine about anybody and everybody who works for television or the media in general after they get out of football. join the club.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 09:22 PM
"we"?

youre all alone on this one :hunch:

.you know who shut up after they retired? chuck noll.

you know who didnt? bill cowher.

anyways fans always bitch and whine about anybody and everybody who works for television or the media in general after they get out of football. join the club.

You cant argue this point...Those players went for the knock out..Thats what this CONTACT sport is about! Nothing personal, just the game.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Those players would have handed Manning his head bounty or not, So yes we are talking about those players.the ugly truth is alot of great players wish they coulda handed p. manning his head.

when it comes to longevity and durability manning has and will surpass lambert, lloyd, and harrison. same with favre.

kinda explains why some teams and players feel more comfortable facing an opponent at their weakest.

i do know there are steelerfans who would rather see tom brady, rogers, or manning taken out with a cheap shot 1st play of the game rather than risk losing to them full strength.

of course those are the same fans who think the 05 bungles woulda beat the steelers in the playoffs had kemo not taken carson out.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 09:34 PM
You cant argue this point...Those players went for the knock out..Thats what this CONTACT sport is about! Nothing personal, just the game.actually i can.

YOU cant speak on behalf of james harrison who says there is a difference between trying to hurt someone and injure them. other than maybe the pile drive on vince young, ive never really seen james harrison take a cheap shot at a qb with intent to injure them ouside of the written rules.

i can (and will) argue that all day.

:coffee:

lloyd wasnt a cheapshot artist. he was an angry, fierce, blackbelt in tae kwon do. Kevin green was wrasslin with the WWF. i doubt they had a bounty on troy aikman.

lamber was one of the meanest SOB's in the game during a much different era as was joe green. pretty much apples and oranges. turkey jones should not be able to pile drive t. bradshaw by todays standards.

punching, grabbing, biting, and twisting an opponents balls on the bottom of the pile is just bush league. if you love that, then more power to ya! :wave:

harrison'samonster
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
You cant argue this point...Those players went for the knock out..Thats what this CONTACT sport is about! Nothing personal, just the game.

it's not about the knock out it's about winning. There's no room in football for trying to injure another player.

Bayz101
03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Well first off, Dungy was one of the better coaches when he was in the NFL, and I've always respected him. I respected what he brought to the game, and he's always told it like it is. Second off, comparing him to Jesse Jackson is a bit dumb on your part. Whether you mention race or not, it's going to be taken that way, and you should have know that.

steeltheone
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Well first off, Dungy was one of the better coaches when he was in the NFL, and I've always respected him. I respected what he brought to the game, and he's always told it like it is. Second off, comparing him to Jesse Jackson is a bit dumb on your part. Whether you mention race or not, it's going to be taken that way, and you should have know that. Hey, I think Tony Dungy is a very good and moral man....I just said he sticks his nose in everything as does Jackson.....Go to PFT and read the comments, Many resemble my thoughts on the subject......Having Manning and winning 1 SB takes him out of any top coaching rank.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Steeltheone you just go on and on and on about a subject- just like David Duke. Tony Dungy won a Super bowl as a head coach. Period. By your logic Bill Walsh's Super bowls don't count because he had Montana, and Belichek's dont count because he had Brady. Why don't you quit while you're behind. You can't win games without top players.

tony hipchest
03-07-2012, 11:21 PM
.....Go to PFT and read the comments, .

:sofunny: lets be honest here....

3 out of 4 paople who comment on ANY PFT "article" are nothing but hater jackasses.

read ANY steelers "story"- for every 25 fan comments there are atleast 75 trolls doing nothing more than trying to start shit and piss off steelerfans.

Steel95
03-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Sticks his nose in everything. Another Jessie Jackson....

Hmm! Could you have something personal against this man? And let me set the record straight, Dungy is nothing like Jessie Jackson. He actualy does work for a living and is perceived as being a man of God, not a man that talks about God.

Steel95
03-11-2012, 11:47 AM

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

They should ban idiots like this from posting threads on here. That was ridicolous.

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:04 AM
Steeltheone you just go on and on and on about a subject- just like David Duke. Tony Dungy won a Super bowl as a head coach. Period. By your logic Bill Walsh's Super bowls don't count because he had Montana, and Belichek's dont count because he had Brady. Why don't you quit while you're behind. You can't win games without top players.

Peyton Manning is probably one of the greatest QB's of our time....To win 1 SuperBowl with him in 8 years does not scream great coach.

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:17 AM
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

They should ban idiots like this from posting threads on here. That was ridicolous.

Please read all the posts before commenting,,,,It's known Tony Dungy is a good man, a man of morals. That being said, he seems to involve himself in every issue that happens in the NFL.

Coaching 7 years.... 5 divison titles and 75 wins with Payton Manning and ONLY 1 SB title ...C'mon

This is a message board where we argue our points of view, thats what makes it fun. Personal attacks is very immature.

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Peyton Manning is probably one of the greatest QB's of our time....To win 1 SuperBowl with him in 8 years does not scream great coach.

That's one way to look at it, but not a logical one. With Manning in the game the Colts win games, when he's out, they lose games. This screams lack of talent of either side of the ball to support Manning, and that doesn't fall on the coach. The coaches money doesn't buy talent, he just uses the cards he's dealt. Tony Dungy was a good coach, and his team won a Super Bowl.

I guess Tomlin's Super Bowl win as a head coach didn't matter because he inherited Cowhers team, right?

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:23 AM
Please read all the posts before commenting,,,,It's known Tony Dungy is a good man, a man of morals. That being said, he seems to involve himself in every issue that happens in the NFL.

Coaching 7 years.... 5 divison titles and 75 wins with Payton Manning and ONLY 1 SB title ...C'mon

This is a message board where we argue our points of view, thats what makes it fun. Personal attacks is very immature.

Just like a toaster toasts bread, T.D. is an analyst and commentator. He's going to analyze things, and he's going to speak on behalf of them. I know what your saying with him being involved in what seems like every situation, but it's what he's paid to do, just like any other analyst.

I'd say a Super Bowl winning coach has earned this right, regardless of how he won it, or how soon he won it. There's coaches that will NEVER win a Super Bowl, you know that, right?

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:30 AM
That's one way to look at it, but not a logical one. With Manning in the game the Colts win games, when he's out, they lose games. This screams lack of talent of either side of the ball to support Manning, and that doesn't fall on the coach. The coaches money doesn't buy talent, he just uses the cards he's dealt. Tony Dungy was a good coach, and his team won a Super Bowl.

I guess Tomlin's Super Bowl win as a head coach didn't matter because he inherited Cowhers team, right?

Funny you should say that...Many people on this board argue that Tomlin won with Cowhers team. Time will tell if he can put those whispers to bed.

One thing that can't be argued. If Cowher had a Manning or BR7 the Steelers have 2 more rings

Back to the Colts...7 years 70 plus wins and 5 division titles tells you the talent was there. ( Remember they were in the division with the Patriots at that point ) They just only got the job done once. Ultimately that falls on the head coach....

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Just like a toaster toasts bread, T.D. is an analyst and commentator. He's going to analyze things, and he's going to speak on behalf of them. I know what your saying with him being involved in what seems like every situation, but it's what he's paid to do, just like any other analyst.

I'd say a Super Bowl winning coach has earned this right, regardless of how he won it, or how soon he won it. There's coaches that will NEVER win a Super Bowl, you know that, right?

Not with 7 years of one, if not the best QB ever...

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:37 AM
Not with 7 years of one, if not the best QB ever...

Best Quarterback of all-time was held back by a coach? Anyone with half a brain know's that Manning made, and will likely still make the calls on the offense. An offensive coordinator is merely a side show when you have a player like Manning on the field. The man had the entire offense in his control, yet his bare fingers fall on the coaches shoulder? Sure, technically you could say that, but we're not fooling anyone here :chuckle:

I don't care. We'll all have our own opinions, and we can just agree to disagree. I'm not sticking up for a coach that isn't ours for any time longer :chuckle:

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:40 AM
Best Quarterback of all-time was held back by a coach? Anyone with half a brain know's that Manning made, and will likely still make the calls on the offense. An offensive coordinator is merely a side show when you have a player like Manning on the field. The man had the entire offense in his control, yet his bare fingers fall on the coaches shoulder? Sure, technically you could say that, but we're not fooling anyone here :chuckle:

I don't care. We'll all have our own opinions, and we can just agree to disagree. I'm not sticking up for a coach that isn't ours for any time longer :chuckle:

I agree...As long as Coach Tomlin keeps us winning thats all that matters to me!

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:43 AM
I agree...As long as Coach Tomlin keeps us winning thats all that matters to me!

Tomlin's had two Super Bowl appearances and it's been six years since Cowher left. I'd say one more deep playoff run pretty much solidify s Tomlin's legacy as a coach, and a couple more rings wouldn't hurt either :thumbsup: