PDA

View Full Version : breaking news - Peyton & Colts to part ways

TRH
03-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Press conference tomorrow. Wonder where the Colts wanted that bonus payment to end up at for him to stay instead of the mega $28 million

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
....look good............black and gold............vet minimum...

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM
i'd like to see him go to the cardinals.

TRH
03-06-2012, 05:15 PM

haha. He would, wouldn't he?

My guess is that he's still going to command top dollar and will still get a VERY hefty salary. It will be interesting to see if Miami makes the run at him.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2012, 05:19 PM
now if a team is interested, will they have to pick up his current contract? If he goes to a team that's a contender he could put them over the top.

TRH
03-06-2012, 05:22 PM
now if a team is interested, will they have to pick up his current contract? If he goes to a team that's a contender he could put them over the top.

as of now, the speculation is Miami and Arizona.

harrison'samonster
03-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Miami's a tough team that's never had a qb since Marino. That would be a crazy division to have to compete in. Patriots, Miami (with Manning), the Jets are tough, and the Bills can surprise you.

tony hipchest
03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
now if a team is interested, will they have to pick up his current contract? If he goes to a team that's a contender he could put them over the top.since he has been released he is currently under contract. a team can pick him up for whatever he is willing to sign for.

i agree that miami would be the best spot for him, but not if he wants to go to another superbowl. he dont wanna face brady twice a year and settle for 2nd in the division for the remainder of his career.

now in AZ or SEA he has a chance (and would only have to face the patriots in the SB.)

Christian Snyder
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I think he will end up in Dallas. I think that Jerry Jones realizes that Tony Romeo isn't his franchise QB and will probably pickup Peyton for the interim period, until he drafts a franchise QB.

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 06:42 PM
i'd like to see him go to the cardinals.

Very well could be...And with Wayne in a package deal.....Makes the Cards a SB CONTENDER!

steeltheone
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
I think he will end up in Dallas. I think that Jerry Jones realizes that Tony Romeo isn't his franchise QB and will probably pickup Peyton for the interim period, until he drafts a franchise QB.

Romo is not top 5 ...But i think he is very good...Esp in todays NFL. And i despise Dallas.

Lady Steel
03-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Romo is not top 5 ...But i think he is very good...Esp in todays NFL. And i despise Dallas.

WHAT? LOL. Romo is a choker.

Atlanta Dan
03-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Peyton Manning is now a free agent, and while many teams do not have an apparent need at quarterback, every team has something to gain by acquiring one of the best players in N.F.L. history. Here is a look at what will happen if Manning takes his talents to your favorite team: ...

PITTSBURGH STEELERS Manning struggles to learn the playbook at his first minicamp. “No, you got rid of the ball much too quickly!” Ben Roethlisberger explains. “You are supposed to pump fake, loiter for a few seconds, then throw a bomb just as three defenders ram their helmets into your ankle. What are you trying to do, stay healthy for all 16 games?”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/08/sports/football/manning-1-player-32-teams-endless-possibilities.html?pagewanted=2&ref=sports

kan_t
03-09-2012, 01:55 AM
An all-time great and one of my favorite. I wish him the best and will root for him when he doesn't face the Steelers.

Btw I'm sick of hearing that Brady is better than him.