PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Bengals writer

SteelersMongol
07-15-2006, 04:07 PM
I don't think if this was posted, or not. But you guys can read it from here if you didn't.

=================================================
http://www.bengalszone.com/article.php?sid=424
=================================================

Big Ben Blesses World With Interview

July 13, 2006
Written by Jason Wainscott

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette can call me crazy, fine, but I just can’t stand Ben Roethlisberger. HairOnFire beat me to the punch a bit, but I just can’t help myself. I’ve watched his interview, and I’m certain at what he was getting at, and after a further review of the transcript, I think I’m ready to ascertain what he was actually saying...

What he said: "They told me that I was literally seconds, maybe a minute away from dying because I slit a vein or artery in my mouth or my throat and it was draining blood right into my stomach and luckily the paramedic noticed it and stopped it or else I would have had too much blood in my stomach,"

What he was thinking: You heard that right, I’m so tough, only my own blood can kill me, and even that wasn’t enough. I’m like a piece of iron. A good looking, tough piece of iron.

What he said: “I was seconds, maybe a minute away from dying.”

What he was thinking: You should all rejoice in the news that Big Ben is alive and well. I’m the best and toughest human on Earth, bow son of Jor El, kneel before Zod.

What he said: "I remember very few things about the accident,"

What he was thinking: So stop asking me about it, jerk. All I remember is I was admiring myself in my bike’s rearview mirror when some car came out of nowhere and hit me in the face. I was not scared or hurt, just kind of surprised that someone would hit something as beautiful as my face. Did I mention I’m the best?

What he said: “I don't remember the car that hit me”

What he was thinking: But luckily the completely normal and mentally-balanced group that makes up Steeler Nations does, and they are going to **** her up. Our fans are the best, they’re not crazy or psychotic like those Bengals fans who were saying really bad things about me on that internet. That hurt my feelings at first, but then I recognized that people in Cincinnati must be crazy because no one in their right could not like me. I’m perfect. Seriously, how great am I? Go ahead, you can tell me again.

What he said: "I remember one car turning in front of me, I don't remember the car that hit me, but I remember that first car turning in front of me and the next thing I remember is being in the ambulance and asking, 'Is this really happening?”

What he was thinking: And do I still look good? I mean I know I do, but I need some confirmation here because I just hit my beautiful face on the windshield of a car. It kind of hurt, but I’m tough, so I can take it, but I need someone to tell me I still look good.

What he said: "I said, 'Tell me this is just a bad dream,' and he said, 'No, everything is going to be OK,' and he asked me, 'Is there anyone you want me to call?”

What he was thinking: ...uh yeah, line up Jim Rome so I can give an interview and tell everybody I’m still great. I need to reassure everybody about how great I am. I’m Ben Frickin’ Roethlisberger, half man, half amazing.

What he said: "That day I wasn't, I forgot it. I literally forgot it. You know there are times that, people that have been making a big deal for the last couple years about me riding first of all, and then me riding without a helmet, but it's one of those things that I ride with a helmet also. I do a little bit of both. If you don't wear a seat belt every time you ride in the car should I label you as a person who doesn't wear a seat belt?”

What he was thinking: If Big Ben wants to wear a helmet, Big Ben will wear a helmet. I make the calls, you hear me? I call the plays, I call the audibles, I call the wear-or-not-wear-the-helmet-plays, I’m Ben Roethlisberger, I don’t wear helmets, or seat belts, or condoms, I'm way to pretty for that stuff. I’m so awesome I don’t even need helmets and seats belts and condoms.

What he said: And unfortunately I happened to not have it on that day because I forgot it in the basement."

What he was thinking: ...uh yeah, the dog ate it, that’s right, my dog ate my helmet. And who in their right mind would put a helmet on if they looked like me. God, I’m good looking. Hey everybody, come see how good I look!!

What he said: "I don't know. I am not even thinking about that right now,"

What he was thinking: Look pal, I’m going to ride my bikes. I’m going to wrestle alligators, skydive sans helmet, skinny dip and fly F-16s because I’m Big Ben, you hear me? I’m Ben Frickin Roethlisberger. I won one for (my allegedly injured) thumb. Seriously, I’m probably the greatest quarterback of all time, maybe even the best human being ever. Did I tell you I invented the cotton gin?

What he said: "To me, right now, like I said when I first started thinking about things, I started thinking about my family. Now that I am doing better and I feel good, now all I am thinking about is football and that is what is on my mind right now. I am getting healthy and I am getting better every day so all I am thinking about is football. I am not thinking about anything else."

What he was thinking: Except for how good looking I am. Not even hitting my face with a car could take away from how good looking I am. I’m so cool...and good looking, did I mention how good looking I am? Look at me.

I don’t know about you all, but I think Ben Roethlisberger is kind of full of himself.

Who Dey

SteelCzar76
07-15-2006, 04:29 PM
And,...so,...like,.... what's the problem ? LMAO (Shaking head) Those wacky Bungles,......

"Protected by Zeus,....Stand back"

Mosca
07-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Yawn. Mind reading is soooooo pass? these days.

Sharkissle29
07-15-2006, 04:33 PM
someones got to much time on their hands to write down that shit

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
The Pittsburgh Post Gazette can call me crazy, fine, but I just can?t stand Ben Roethlisberger.

:busted:

I can understand why he couldn't like a QB that consistantly punks his team. Keep on hating whodey, and we will keep on kickin your azz!

CantStop85
07-15-2006, 05:02 PM
What he said: And unfortunately I happened to not have it on that day because I forgot it in the basement."

What he was thinking: ...uh yeah, the dog ate it, that’s right, my dog ate my helmet. And who in their right mind would put a helmet on if they looked like me. God, I’m good looking. Hey everybody, come see how good I look!!
:sofunny: :sofunny:
You know he had to be contemplating saying that at the time.

It's a nice light-hearted article, take it for what it's worth. Pretty funny actually.

MattsMe
07-15-2006, 05:25 PM
I think this guy has a secret crush on Ben. That's the only possible explanation.

I understand their need to rip on Ben, I really do, but this is one poor attempt. You want to make fun of Ben, fine, make fun of his poor QB rating in the Super Bowl. Make fun of the beard he sported during the playoffs. Call him stupid for not wearing a helmet. Those things actually have some basis in reality. But this guy is really reaching with his article, and just like his team, he came up short.

I'm just pissed I wasted a minute of my life reading it. Bengal fans should be embarassed to have this guy associated with their team.

HburgXL06
07-15-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm just pissed I wasted a minute of my life reading it. Bengal fans should be embarassed to have this guy associated with their team.

I feel the same way. I can't believe I just wasted a part of my life readin that.

BuFu

BlackNGold203
07-15-2006, 05:31 PM

It's a nice light-hearted article, take it for what it's worth. Pretty funny actually.

nice light-hearted = moronic???

Rick97
07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
This guy is waaay off base. Ben's a good QB, but he isn't very handsome at all ... :smile:

Bigsteve332310
07-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks for posting. thats just what i needed another writer to email and shut up. Thats been my offseason hobby, shutting up the morons like this that write gay stuff. Maybe he should be writing about Odell missing 4 games. I guess everyone wants to write about the steelers.

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Not everyone steve. Just the ones that can't deal with the fact that we are 5 time World Champions ! !

http://www.empyrealenvirons.com/2005images/nike_roethlisberger.jpg

SteelersMongol
07-15-2006, 06:13 PM
someones got to much time on their hands to write down that shit

... I'm just pissed I wasted a minute of my life reading it. Bengal fans should be embarassed to have this guy associated with their team.

I feel the same way. I can't believe I just wasted a part of my life readin that.

:willy: My apologies to the Steelers fans whose been quoted above. :shake01: I didn't mean to upset anybody. :tomato: I just thought you might wanna know what some of the Bengals been doing while we were just minding our business. But man, I tell ya, it gotta really hurt to lose (Jan. 8) just when they thought they finally stopped being kicked around. :bouncy:

MattsMe
07-15-2006, 06:16 PM
:willy: My apologies to the Steelers fans whose been quoted above. :shake01: I didn't mean to upset anybody. :tomato: I just thought you might wanna know what some of the Bengals been doing while we were just minding our business. But man, I tell ya, it gotta really hurt to lose (Jan. 8) just when they thought they finally stopped being kicked around. :bouncy:

No need to apologize. :cool:

SteelersMongol
07-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I think this guy has a secret crush on Ben. That's the only possible explanation...

Ha ha ha. :sofunny: Very good one. :sofunny: Ben must've said "No" for a thousand times. The dude is mad, and was singing "I hate you, and I love you" :sofunny:

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 10:13 AM

There is nothing funny and light-hearted about that article. Just like some Seattle sportswriters, Cincy sports writers are filled with a legitimate hate for Pittsburgh. And why shouldn't they be? The Reds have been bad just as long as the Pirates. And the Bengals have been the NFL's running joke for over a decade. Hell, even after their best season in a long time they manage to screw up with arrests and the worst supplental draft pick ever.

That city, and most of it's fans, are a joke.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Jealousy will get him nowhere! He's probably jealous that Ben is THE Superbowl winning QB, isn't a thug, and isn't in and out of jail, I'm sure. Poor Bengals fans... Just can't let it go. :pity:

silver2000svt
07-16-2006, 06:47 PM
doesn't this guy have a police blotter to write about??????????

CantStop85
07-16-2006, 07:28 PM
There is nothing funny and light-hearted about that article. Just like some Seattle sportswriters, Cincy sports writers are filled with a legitimate hate for Pittsburgh. And why shouldn't they be? The Reds have been bad just as long as the Pirates. And the Bengals have been the NFL's running joke for over a decade. Hell, even after their best season in a long time they manage to screw up with arrests and the worst supplental draft pick ever.

That city, and most of it's fans, are a joke.
lol ok, maybe Steeler fans don't find it very funny...but I found it hilarious. You don't have to get all pissy and compare the Big Red Machine to a minor league team. :dang:

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 09:22 PM
lol ok, maybe Steeler fans don't find it very funny...but I found it hilarious. You don't have to get all pissy and compare the Big Red Machine to a minor league team. :dang:

I don't have to do anything, the Reds do it all to themselves. Maybe you remember Marge Schott.

Big D
07-17-2006, 08:31 AM
How can anybody in the cincy media be talking sh!t about the steelers right now. With all the politics going on with the bengal organization they certainly arent in the position to talk shit about ben. Maybe this guy is trying to distract the attention from the mess the bengals are currently in. SO what i'm thinking is with every piss poor personal choice this team has made this offseason equals another loss. I'll go on the record right now and say this team will be lucky to be 8-8 i'm saying 6-10 7-9

floodcitygirl
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Many people in Cincy ARE frustrated and embarrassed by the off-field antics....and they desperately want a winning team on the field. The Steelers stop them from having it so they are hated, as well as the fans that support them. Jealousy can do ugly things to people. Oh well.....:hunch:

Jeremy
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
The Bungals are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. They're a complete and utter joke. To rip on any other team when your team is a laughingstock is pathetic.

HometownGal
07-17-2006, 10:06 AM
The Bungals are one of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. They're a complete and utter joke. To rip on any other team when your team is a laughingstock is pathetic.

Jeremy - I have to say that an 11-5 record, an AFC North title and a playoff berth certainly doesn't qualify the Bungles for a position as one of the NFL's worst 5 teams. I'm no Bungles apologist, but don't have rose colored glasses on with regard to that team. Whether the Bungles are one year wonders or not remains to be seen. Until they demonstrate otherwise, I take them very seriously, given some of the quality players they do possess, even though some of their recent additions raise an eyebrow or two. (sorry)

I think this writer is simply another green weenie who hasn't accepted the fact that the Steelers are Super Bowl champions, are the real deal and are a major threat to his beloved Bungles this season for the AFC North crown.

I also think he knows all too well what the answer is to this question and he has his boxers in a bunch...:busted:

Who Dey

CowherLover
07-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Jeremy - I have to say that an 11-5 record, an AFC North title and a playoff berth certainly doesn't qualify the Bungles for a position as one of the NFL's worst 5 teams. I'm no Bungles apologist, but don't have rose colored glasses on with regard to that team. Whether the Bungles are one year wonders or not remains to be seen. Until they demonstrate otherwise, I take them very seriously, given some of the quality players they do possess, even though some of their recent additions raise an eyebrow or two. (sorry)

I think this writer is simply another green weenie who hasn't accepted the fact that the Steelers are Super Bowl champions, are the real deal and are a major threat to his beloved Bungles this season for the AFC North crown.

I also think he knows all too well what the answer is to this question and he has his boxers in a bunch...:busted:
I agree 100% HG. I'm amazed what has happened with their picks but I'm not willing to underestimate their talent yet. I think we're probably going to have the toughest division in the league. I'm starting to hear the "experts" say the NFC East but obviously I disagree.

Jeremy
07-17-2006, 11:11 AM
Understand that I'm talking about the entire organization from top to bottom, not just the players anc coaches. As an organization, they're a joke.

CantStop85
07-17-2006, 11:50 AM
Understand that I'm talking about the entire organization from top to bottom, not just the players anc coaches. As an organization, they're a joke.
No doubt I'd prefer a different owner than Mike Brown, but I think overall the organization has made a turn-around over the last few years. Once upon a time you would never see the Bengals trying to retain their own players and paying them what they're worth...they would simply part ways if a player was in their eyes too expensive (i.e. Takeo Spikes). The organization now seems to be intent on keeping the core of talent intact...i.e. Carson's extension, Chad's extension, Rudi's deal, extending the O-Line.

Now, the organization has made some questionable moves, picking up talented players with character questions...as far as I can tell this has been mostly Marvin's doings. If so, it does show the faith of the organization in their head coach, something that wasn't very common back in the 90's. Most of the decisions have been entrusted to Marvin, another thing unheard of during the Bungles era. Heck, Marvin even got an extension himself.

But the drafting of players with questionable character is not necessarily something I think will sink the ship. Over the last few years the bengals have been averaging about one player with character questions every 6 picks. 5 "good" players to 1 "bad" player isn't that bad. Sure, some of these picks might come back to bite you later on down the road (i.e. Odell's suspension) if they actually turn into starter, but that's assuming that they don't get dumped along the way. The facts are, most of these players who continue to have character issues will be dumped somewhere along the line...the ones who don't will stay with the team and maybe turn into something special.

I don't buy into the implosion of the Bengals just because a few rookies and 2nd year players can't stay out of trouble. The only starter for the Bengals who's in trouble is Odell and to be honest, I don't think his absence in 4 games will make that big of a difference.

Jeremy
07-17-2006, 12:20 PM
The Bengals have one of the worst scouting departments in the NFL as well. There have been quite a few "insiders" who have blasted Mike Brown and Bengals for being as cheap as Bill Bidwell when it comes to running the club.

The organization might have made some strides, but they're still firmly in the bottom 5 in the NFL.

Elvis
07-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Carson is a Bungal....ENUFF SAID!!!!
God Bless
ELvis

CantStop85
07-17-2006, 01:28 PM
Carson is a Bungal....ENUFF SAID!!!!
God Bless
ELvis
You're right...that is quite enough.

blackngoldbaby
07-17-2006, 02:56 PM
wow i just wasted 3 minutes of my life reading that stupid crap how can u be so dumn? but what can u expect from a bungle fan :rolleyes: .nothing but a bunch of crap!!!!!!another jealous bungle fan at work.bens a great guy and has class that artical is far from true he doesnt think hes the greatest guy ever hes just saying what hey told him about his accident the one thing that is true in that artical is Ben is good looking at least i think.:bouncy: but the rest is stupid!:thmbdown:

HburgXL06
07-17-2006, 03:11 PM

It's all good man. I wasn't hatin on you for postin it. I was hatin on the writer for thinkin/writin/printin that bullshit. You're still cool in our book. Peace.

BuFu

stlrtruck
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM

It would be light-hearted and funny if Ben portrayed that type of attitude but he doesn't. He's a humbled man (even before the accident).

I guess when you're the Champion QB, everyone will take whatever angle they can because they're jealous of you. Then again, I guess when your three options to write about are 1) Your team losing when it counts :sign09: , 2) Your nemesis winning the Super Bowl :sign08: , or 3) Let's make fun of the nemesis QB, I'd pick #3 too. :finger:

Thus is the life of a Bengals writer.:dang:

SteelerFanInCA
07-17-2006, 03:29 PM
:blah: Whatever floats that guys boat!!!! :blah: