PDA

View Full Version : What are your choices for an alternate uniform ?

SteelCzar76
07-15-2006, 04:53 PM
I mean,.. personaly i think ours are the best and should never change. But i'd like to see an alternate that we wear a few times a year. My pick would be a gold jersey with the gold pants. You know just like the Black one,... but inverted. Opinions fam ?

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 04:56 PM
My pick would be a gold jersey with the gold pants.

WTF ?

We arn't some pansy team, we are the fricken hard core BLACK n Gold son. :sofunny:

We leave those ****** colors for the bungles, patsi puffs, and ratbird felonites.

dhosmer
07-15-2006, 04:56 PM
That's disgusting.

SteelCzar76
07-15-2006, 05:09 PM
(Sam Jackson pulp fiction voice) "Oh,....well allow me to retort" Slash. (LOL) I was thinkin more along the lines of an "Showtime" old school Lakers Feel,...or the Pirates from back in the Day. Be easy homey.

"Protected by Zeus,......Stand Back"

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 05:11 PM
lol I hear ya. I dunno bro just our whole image kicks ass, I could never see us changing it...............

SteelCzar76
07-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Please believe it Slash,... i agree that we should'nt make any permanent changes. You know,.. just a little something every now and then.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

HburgXL06
07-15-2006, 05:24 PM
I believe a few years back they did do a throwback Pirates jersey if I'm correct. I know a pic was posted here about it a month or so back. There are no other colors besides Black N Gold. Maybe if they did a camo Black, White, and Gold jersey to go wit a military theme but that might end up lookin more like a fashion statement rather than a usable jersey. I think we stick wit what we got.

BuFu

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Camo theme huh with black n gold ? ? How about just for fans to wear? I think that might go over..............

SteelersMongol
07-15-2006, 06:17 PM
whatever we got right now is good for me. :smile:

PisnNapalm
07-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Do not mess with the current uniforms. They're perfect as is.

Livinginthe past
07-15-2006, 08:32 PM
As a Patriots fan, i'd like to see them take the field in a throwback, retro uniform - it would be weird seeing them dominate teams in a uni they normally took a pasting in.

Retro uni's aren't something the Steelers need to concern themselves with - I dont believe it has changed much, if at all from the original design.

The Steelers wouldn't look right in anything other than their classical uni's - its one of the best in the NFL.

NM

4n2t0
07-15-2006, 08:53 PM
As a Patriots fan, i'd like to see them take the field in a throwback, retro uniform - it would be weird seeing them dominate teams in a uni they normally took a pasting in.

Retro uni's aren't something the Steelers need to concern themselves with - I dont believe it has changed much, if at all from the original design.

The Steelers wouldn't look right in anything other than their classical uni's - its one of the best in the NFL.

NM

After the '70 the Steelers' uniform didn't change much. Leading up to then the uniforms went through a horrible trial and error process that lasted 40 years! Don't forget the merge with the Eagles which saw the Steelers wear green and white. Even the suggested gold has been done before. If I recall correctly it was a gold helmet, a white jersey with gold shoulder patches, and gold pants. Check this out for a quick peek into the history.

http://www.southernsteelfanclub.com/uniform.html

I think the whole history flashback thing would be great. They may not all be pretty but I think it's great from a historical standpoint. I personally would enjoy if the Steelers would do a retro game or two per season. Won't happen any time soon though, the Rooney's detest the whole idea.

Hawk Believer
07-15-2006, 08:58 PM
After the '70 the Steelers uniform didn't change much. Leading up to then the uniforms went through a horrible trial and error process that lasted 40 years! Don't forget the merge with the Eagles which saw the Steelers in green and white. Even the suggested gold has been done before, if I recall I think it was gold helmet, white jersey with gold shoulder patches, and gold pants to boot. Check this out for a quick peek into the history.

I think 1933 is pretty cool actually.

4n2t0
07-15-2006, 09:08 PM
I think 1933 is pretty cool actually.

Sort of "Jail House" meets "Jester".

Livinginthe past
07-15-2006, 09:33 PM
After the '70 the Steelers' uniform didn't change much. Leading up to then the uniforms went through a horrible trial and error process that lasted 40 years! Don't forget the merge with the Eagles which saw the Steelers wear green and white. Even the suggested gold has been done before. If I recall correctly it was a gold helmet, a white jersey with gold shoulder patches, and gold pants. Check this out for a quick peek into the history.

I think the whole history flashback thing would be great. They may not all be pretty but I think it's great from a historical standpoint. I personally would enjoy if the Steelers would do a retro game or two per season. Won't happen any time soon though, the Rooney's detest the whole idea.

Hey 4n2to (you any relation to C3PO?)

Thanks for the info and the link, interesting stuff.

Its weird that they seemed to incorporate none of the Steeler colours in the Steagles uniform, maybe it would have looked a mess.

I agree on the retro thing, it would be nice for the fans to identify with their teams past a little.

NM

SteelShooter
07-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Keep 'em as they are........................

83-Steelers-43
07-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Do not mess with the current uniforms. They're perfect as is.

I agree.

peter
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
I like our uniforms.

HometownGal
07-17-2006, 07:35 AM
I say NO to gold pants and gold jerseys. :shake01: This is the NFL, not a pajama party!

I think the Steelers' uniform oozes class and should remain as it is.

X-Terminator
07-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Anything other than the 70's throwbacks would be unacceptable, IMO. It's funny though - so many people complained about the current jersey when it first came out, but now I'm seeing people saying we should keep the current look. Guess after a while they kinda grow on ya! :cool:

section514
07-17-2006, 09:49 AM
http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8294/steelkl9.jpg

anyone remember when we wore these in 94. I have a team photo of them in these jerseys, I know Tom Donahoe and it came from one of the Steeler offices, its really neat.

I would like to see em wearing these once or so

SteelCzar76
07-17-2006, 05:32 PM
That's Definetly throwback 514,..hot in a retro way though. Oh Yeah, HometownGirl......Pajama's?.....damn Ma it's like that ? lmao

"Hail Caesar,.....Hail the Black and Gold"

SteelerFanInCA
07-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Gotta stick with the black & gold. Quite content with what they currently wear. :smile:

RoethlisBURGHer
07-17-2006, 05:50 PM
I wouldn't mind retro 70's Steelers uni's but anything else is a NO.

JAG151
07-17-2006, 05:54 PM
I say keep the uniforms just as they are!! I always thought that the "alternate" uniform was a cheap merchandising stunt, so the fans felt as they needed to buy one of each. Steelers have changed so very little in the last 30 years, as well as the Penn State football uniforms!! Tradition is one of the benefits of liking these two teams girls and boys!! Keep em just the way they are!!

SteelCzar76
07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Friends, Steelers, Countrymen (LOL),.....I don't mean CHANGE our uniforms,....that's heresy. I said ALTERNATE in the sense of RARE occasions. The same way Notre Dame does with the green jersey's. We are a story'd and conservative franchise,... and i'm not trying to insinuate in any way that we should disregard or dishonor that. This was supposed to be frivolous offseason conversation. LMAO !

'Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Stlrs4Life
07-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Only change I would make would be to go back to the old Block numbers.

clevestinks
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
No changes, thats best! Old gold we be the worst uniforms ever

Black@Gold Forever32
07-17-2006, 08:53 PM
I mean,.. personaly i think ours are the best and should never change. But i'd like to see an alternate that we wear a few times a year. My pick would be a gold jersey with the gold pants. You know just like the Black one,... but inverted. Opinions fam ?

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

Sorry but I think alternate uniforms is a horrible idea and I don't want the Steelers to change their uniforms at all. We are the only team with a logo only on one side its helmet and we seem to be the only team in the NFL not to add a alternate jersey. I hope it stays that way.

tony hipchest
07-17-2006, 09:02 PM
not that i look forward to seeing this, but it would be the best idea. a "photo negative" uniform (helmet). if youve seen the pool balls where the cue ball is black and the 8 ball is white you know what im talking about.

a white helmet with a black circle logo, with the red, blue, yellow, hypocloids on the inside. the word "steelers" would also be white. wear them with the white away jerseys.

this would be the 2nd coolest helmet in the nfl. 2nd to the steelers black helmet. as it stands the cardinals white helmet is clean, and cool in its old school white.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-17-2006, 11:24 PM
WTF ?

We arn't some pansy team, we are the fricken hard core BLACK n Gold son. :sofunny:

We leave those ****** colors for the bungles, patsi puffs, and ratbird felonites.

Yah man. If it ain't broke...

Big D
07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
I think it would be cool if for an alternate jersey if we had black pants with our home uniforms

4n2t0
07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
The Raven's did something similar didn't they? It looked good too...