PDA

View Full Version : Where should Manning go (poll) UPDATE *Manning selects Denver*

BlaZeQuietly
03-07-2012, 05:41 PM
As we all know Peyton Manning was released by the Colts. I think everyone knows he will be playing just fine next year so there's a few teams that could use 3-4 solid years from a QB.

Personally, I don't think The Dolphins should do it, its pricey and I think Moore is pretty good, I could see him going there though.

Christian Snyder
03-07-2012, 06:05 PM
I think he is going to end up in Dallas. Jerry Jones knows as well as I do that his team is a competent QB away from SB contention.

BlaZeQuietly
03-07-2012, 06:17 PM
I think he is going to end up in Dallas. Jerry Jones knows as well as I do that his team is a competent QB away from SB contention.

Ah yes the Cowboys, forgot about the. I just cant see Peyton in a Dallas uniform though... well maybe.

Christian Snyder
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Ah yes the Cowboys, forgot about the. I just cant see Peyton in a Dallas uniform though... well maybe. Blue & White to Blue & Silver. Seems reasonable to me.

Atlanta Dan
03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
My bet is Arizona (he is not going to play in bad weather at home and IMO will not want to lose to New England by going to Miami or the Jets)

Wherever it is will be on Peyton's terms

Peyton Manning is not going from team to team and working out for each club. He is not running a 40, doing drills and then throwing to a group of strange receivers for 45 minutes. He is not sitting down with an offensive coordinator to hear about the club's offensive philosophy. For all practical purposes, Peyton will be the new offensive coordinator, and the coach can learn the offense when Peyton installs it. :chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644610/if-manning-is-going-to-be-your-new-quarterback-it-will-be-on-his-terms

BigBen7Jakob
03-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Probally the NY Jets honestly. :noidea: Its good that no-one thinks the Eagles or something. It WOULD be kind of intresting seeing Peyton playing Eli twice a year though.... And funny to see them play in the play-offs :rofl:. So an AFC team that will goto the superbowl! But jets probally. Its a hard decision because Manning is a great quarterback and deserves a good team. I think all the Mannings will end up playing in the NFL, you never know what Cooper might do.

tony hipchest
03-07-2012, 08:33 PM
My bet is Arizona (he is not going to play in bad weather at home and IMO will not want to lose to New England by going to Miami or the Jets)

Wherever it is will be on Peyton's terms

Peyton Manning is not going from team to team and working out for each club. He is not running a 40, doing drills and then throwing to a group of strange receivers for 45 minutes. He is not sitting down with an offensive coordinator to hear about the club's offensive philosophy. For all practical purposes, Peyton will be the new offensive coordinator, and the coach can learn the offense when Peyton installs it. :chuckle:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/17644610/if-manning-is-going-to-be-your-new-quarterback-it-will-be-on-his-terms

i dont even need to click the link to know thats a pat kirwan article. today on the radio he laid out exactly how this will play out. his agent (tom condon? who has managed his whole career) and him will be interviewing teams not vice versa. there better be a flat rate price they are willing to come to the table with, or they will not even talk to them. the team will assume all risk. payton is not like moss who has something to prove and is tryin to get back in good favor.

he had bill polian on his show today. they said manning would have no problem running any teams offense because he already knows every offense being run in the league today. they went as far to say was already the smartest OC in the league as well. (bruce arians really must have taught him everything he knows).

they said the only thing manning would possibly need to learn was the new verbage, and polian said he would have that down in a couple of days. he then went on to say during the summers peyton wasnt studying colts offense but other offenses around the league. they had 2 former defensive teammates on who said as much as well.

i think he should go to arizona. seattle and kc are in a great situation to land him though and build a playoff team that can go far as well.

lloydwoodson
03-07-2012, 11:18 PM
He should go to the Broncos! No two ways about it!

MACH1
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
A warm weather dome team! Gotta be Az. :noidea:

steeltheone
03-08-2012, 02:39 AM
Arizonia...Whiz will give him the keys to the Offense with Fitz and Wayne on the ends....decent running game....Good D...smaller media outlet

TRH
03-08-2012, 08:14 AM
He's not going to Dallas and play behind Tony Romo (or vice versa). Period. He's still going to command a huge salary and feels he's an elite starting QB for at least another 3, 4 years or more.

He flew to Miami yesterday (for what reasons were not disclosed). Miami, Washington, Arizone and Seattle all appear to be front running possibilities with a few like KC, Denver, and SF (if they don't sign Smith) as outside chances.

stb_steeler
03-08-2012, 09:56 AM
Well if we all listen to the media hes already in New York

TRH
03-08-2012, 10:40 AM
He's not going to Dallas and play behind Tony Romo (or vice versa). Period. He's still going to command a huge salary and feels he's an elite starting QB for at least another 3, 4 years or more.

He flew to Miami yesterday (for what reasons were not disclosed). Miami, Washington, Arizone and Seattle all appear to be front running possibilities with a few like KC, Denver, and SF (if they don't sign Smith) as outside chances.

i didn't realize he had a home there.........

bac151rum
03-08-2012, 10:45 AM
I would think that Miami is number one on his list, but Arizona would be a better fit. He brings in Reggie Wayne and maybe Jeff Saturday, and they pull DeCastro or Martin in the draft to protect him, and they would definately be at least a favorite in the NFC for a wild card, if not the western division. Don't think Miami has enough firepower to make the playoffs no matter what.

TRH
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
May be a bit premature, but they played an interview clip from today or yesterday and Peyton was saying "Miami has a great organization, a great history, etc, etc..". Plus he has a home there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him there.
They also said that 10 teams contacted his agent in the last 2 days.

tony hipchest
03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
peyton has been staying in miami because thats where reggie wayne lives and they have been working out together.

ricardisimo
03-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Miami is hardly a QB away from winning. Why go to a sucky team that is rebuilding? Unless that team is Cleveland! Then he would be reunited with his mentor Bruce Arians. It would be perfect.

That, or the Jets will realize they screwed up big time in the 2009 draft, and that the future is a 57-year-old Peyton Manning.

tony hipchest
03-09-2012, 12:23 AM
lol... even steelerfans cant remember or dont care where bruce arians went.

then again going to coach the browns or colts nowadays is pretty much like "retirement".

TRH
03-09-2012, 06:56 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/manning-visits-broncos-in-denver/

it appears he's in Denver on this nice Friday evening.

Lady Steel
03-09-2012, 07:21 PM
I wish he would just retire and go home. I'm not a big fan of the Mannings. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Eli beat Brady in the Super Bowl, but I don't like what came down when Eli was drafted.

Peyton will go where Daddy says it's okay to go, and I'll bet it's not the NFC where he might have to face his brother and/or the Saints twice per season, therefore Peyton saying he would like to stay within the AFC. Freakin' douchebag. :chuckle:

TRH
03-09-2012, 08:35 PM
actually, i think Peyton's one hell of a stand-up, really down-to-earth nice guy and we could use ALOT more like him.

The douchebag is their dad. Not Peyton.

ricardisimo
03-10-2012, 01:58 AM
lol... even steelerfans cant remember or dont care where bruce arians went.

then again going to coach the browns or colts nowadays is pretty much like "retirement".
I just peed myself. :rofl: Although you pretty much hit the nail on the head... I really couldn't care less where Arians went, as long as it was away. Anyhow, no excuses, sorry for the mental lapse. Too much wine last night. :alcohol:

ricardisimo
03-13-2012, 06:54 PM
So, the headlines at NFL.com are claiming that Miami is "clearing the way" for a Manning deal... by getting rid of their only receiver? :huh:

tony hipchest
03-13-2012, 07:52 PM
j-lo, gloria estefan, miss piggy, and any other celebrity you can think of has a partial ownership stake in the dolphins. what if ross offers manning the same.

then there is bud adams who wants a SB trophy at any cost it appears before he croaks. what if he offers manning the same and a john elway like VP or president job immediately upon retirement?

if manning was genuinely impressed w/ AZ and DEN, these teams owners may ka-ka themselves to land him.

TRH
03-13-2012, 09:54 PM
So, the headlines at NFL.com are claiming that Miami is "clearing the way" for a Manning deal... by getting rid of their only receiver? :huh:

it appears Tennesse is blowing right past everybody and may be overtaking Arizona and Denver as the probable place he'll go.
His wife's from the area, he went to school there, and the team wants him really badly. That deal may quite possibly happen.

stb_steeler
03-14-2012, 03:38 PM
What happened to him goin to Denver?

steeltheone
03-15-2012, 02:52 PM
actually, i think Peyton's one hell of a stand-up, really down-to-earth nice guy and we could use ALOT more like him.

The douchebag is their dad. Not Peyton.

I agree..Peyton and Eli are both good guys....What did Archie ever do?

GMU Steeler
03-15-2012, 02:53 PM

I think the consensus is Archie acted like a jerk by trying to get Eli not drafted by the Chargers. I like the Mannings okay enough. Have a special liking for Eli since he's ruined the Patriots in the big game twice now.

Buddha Bus
03-15-2012, 03:02 PM
it appears Tennesse is blowing right past everybody and may be overtaking Arizona and Denver as the probable place he'll go.
His wife's from the area, he went to school there, and the team wants him really badly.

Not to mention the opportunity to exact revenge on the Colts twice a year.

TRH
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM

he continually sticks his nose into the media stating where and what he thinks his sons should go and do (as if they're both 4 years old or something....its supremely annoying).

TRH
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Not to mention the opportunity to exact revenge on the Colts twice a year.

At this point i'm betting 95% chance he goes to Tennessee.

Buddha Bus
03-15-2012, 03:46 PM
I voted "none of the above". It certainly looks as though he'll be a Titty by this time next week.

stb_steeler
03-15-2012, 05:06 PM
I wish he would just retire and go home. I'm not a big fan of the Mannings. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Eli beat Brady in the Super Bowl, but I don't like what came down when Eli was drafted.

Peyton will go where Daddy says it's okay to go, and I'll bet it's not the NFC where he might have to face his brother and/or the Saints twice per season, therefore Peyton saying he would like to stay within the AFC. Freakin' douchebag. :chuckle:

Well if the 2 Mannings are as competitive as they say they are, it would be cool to see them play against each other. But like you said, daddy doesnt want to see that.

TRH
03-16-2012, 09:26 AM
This morning the owners private plane left the Denver airport for Raleigh-Durham where Peyton is at right now.
Not sure if this is final details on a signing, but more than likely its a second, final sales pitch following up his very strong visit in Tennessee.
Interesting stuff.

MDSteel15
03-19-2012, 07:20 AM
It comes down to this, the 9ers are making all the right moves to surround him with the offensive talent to go with that defense to win now and I believe since they aren't courting their own QB free agent this is the place!

MDSteel15
03-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Well if the 2 Mannings are as competitive as they say they are, it would be cool to see them play against each other. But like you said, daddy doesnt want to see that.

If it weren't for Archie, I might actually like these 2 dorks! I don't think there are 2 QBs in the league besides Vick and Flacco that I hate more right now!!! Daddy's little bit**es.....

Dalarin
03-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Arizonia...Whiz will give him the keys to the Offense with Fitz and Wayne on the ends....decent running game....Good D...smaller media outlet

Whiz let someone run his offense? If you say so

kan_t
03-19-2012, 11:03 AM
ESPN reported that Manning is going to pick the Broncos. I will like them much more if they decide to trade Tebow now.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
Manning has picked the Broncos, as stated above.

TRH
03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
still....thats pretty shocking news.....i was convinced he would sign with Tennessee for many reasons, among them that he went to school there and has such a history, his wife is from there, and they pretty much left the checkbook open forever.

Sad day for Tebow. Jax may make a play for him still and look for a darkhorse team like Cleveland (who has already been mentioned) to gun for him. He would fit nicely with Cleveland and Cribbs.....and MAN....does that franchise NEED a dynamic, star player to bring loads and loads and loads of attention to them. Look for Cleveland to make a move.

FanSince72
03-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Wow...DENVER?

I honestly thought it would be Miami, AZ, or San Fran, but DENVER?

Fire Arians
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
i guess he doesn't care about winning another super bowl. if he did he'd pick san fran

MDSteel15
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
i guess he doesn't care about winning another super bowl. if he did he'd pick san fran

^^^ :thumbsup:

MACH1
03-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Whats the odds he even makes it a full season without re-injuring that neck.