PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone started a Brandon Jacobs thread yet?

ricardisimo
03-10-2012, 03:17 AM
Because, you know, it's kind of obligatory around here to push for our team to sign every single free agent out there.

Pentheon
03-10-2012, 03:41 AM
Good point, even though we dont sign big name FAs I really wouldnt mind getting Jacobs, hes a big strong back but dont think we really need him, would just be nice to have.

im happy with redman and mendy

finesward
03-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Jacobs is 6'4 version of mendy, too much dancing!!

NO THANKS

steeltheone
03-10-2012, 08:16 AM
Good point, even though we dont sign big name FAs I really wouldnt mind getting Jacobs, hes a big strong back but dont think we really need him, would just be nice to have.

im happy with redman and mendy

Good chance Mendy is not even playing this year...A big back would be nice...Tolbert would probably be cheaper.

harrison'samonster
03-10-2012, 09:30 AM
One thing I like about Jacobs is that he seems to have a tough attitude. What I don't like about him is that he doesn't seem to run with a tough attitude.

BengalDestroyer
03-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Good chance Mendy is not even playing this year...A big back would be nice...Tolbert would probably be cheaper.

I'd want Tolbert over Jacobs anyway...

Curtain_of_Steel
03-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Tolbert would be cheaper? Jacobs will be playing for minimal amounts this year, Tolbert will and should get more than Jacobs.

FrancoLambert
03-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Forget Jacobs.......but what about ILB Gary Brackett?
He might be worth a look since we have a greater need at that position.
Not long term (he's 31) but short term if the price is right and if he can still contribute.

FanSince72
03-10-2012, 10:57 AM
If Tolbert is available, I'd go with him over Jacobs.

I've been saying for months that I think Tolbert would be a good fit for us and that he'd be the nearest thing to Bettis since Bettis himself.
In fact, if you put Tolbert in a Steeler uniform and changed his number from 35 to 36, it would be hard to tell him apart from Bettis.
He has a similar straight ahead running style to Bettis and has the size to "push" the line or the block for a couple extra yards.

I'd really like to see us take a shot at Tolbert.

Bayz101
03-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Forget Jacobs.......but what about ILB Gary Brackett?
He might be worth a look since we have a greater need at that position.
Not long term (he's 31) but short term if the price is right and if he can still contribute.

And what exactly does an inside line backer have to do with Brandon Jacobs? :chuckle:

Bayz101
03-10-2012, 11:09 AM
I'd take Tolbert over Jacobs, but i'd love to have either one, I suppose. Honestly, runningback isn't exactly a position of need.

steeltheone
03-10-2012, 12:15 PM
With Mendy it is not a need....Without him, not so sure....

TRH
03-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Because, you know, it's kind of obligatory around here to push for our team to sign every single free agent out there.

it's only "obligatory" if they're a prima-donna, problematic, hot dog, and a locker room cancer. Then its "obligatory" for around here. :sofunny:

stb_steeler
03-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Some on here wouldnt have it any other way...:wink02:

StainlessStill
03-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Jacobs would be a good decoy off of play-action in the redzone. His big body is certainly a threat showing run within the 5 yard line.

6RingsAndCounting
03-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Jacobs would be a good decoy off of play-action in the redzone. His big body is certainly a threat showing run within the 5 yard line.

But he dances like a ballerina before he hits a damn hole.

FrancoLambert
03-10-2012, 05:04 PM
And what exactly does an inside line backer have to do with Brandon Jacobs? :chuckle:

Brandon Jacobs was an ILB during his youth football career. :chuckle:

I was just complying with Ricardo's "obligatory push" for every available FA. :sofunny:

tanda10506
03-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Mendy wont play much this year and Redman is somewhat of a power back, as is Clay, we don't need another power back, or any other back for thay matter. Redman is better than Mendy, so weather Mendy plays or not, we are still good at RB.

MasterOfPuppets
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
to hell with jacobs... dallas clark would look great in black and gold for vet minimum ... of course he'd accept vet minimum just to play for the steelers...:tt02:

tony hipchest
03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
what...

no steve hutchinson thread?

MasterOfPuppets
03-10-2012, 05:48 PM
what...

no steve hutchinson thread?
steve hutchinson would look great in the black and gold for vet minimum..:tt02:

Bayz101
03-11-2012, 12:51 AM
I'll make the John Kuhn thread right away! :chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
03-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Jacobs is 6'4 version of mendy, too much dancing!!

NO THANKS

I think Bradshaw is way more of a dancer than jacobs. I was getting pissed when Bradshaw was getting the handoffs in the superbowl cause he wasn't hitting the holes or letting the blocks develope properly. Jacobs just pounded the ball right in the mouth of the defense. I never thought of Jacobs as a dancer.

TheManOfSteel
03-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Not the same B. Jacobs from the past! I say pass on him.

LayingTheWoodley56
03-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I live in New York, so I know a lot of Giants fans and I watch their games whenever they don't coincide with the Steelers. Jacobs has a lot of issues: he's a big mouth, first of all, something that doesn't fit in with the relatively low-key outward projections of the Steelers organization and locker room. He is an absolute moose physically, but he seems to think that he's a scat back trapped in a 6'4'', 260-lb body. That being said, I wouldn't be fundamentally opposed to him in the black and gold, but that might just be because I'm so familiar with him, and I do think that we need to add a running back. With our cap issues though, it's unlikely to happen. He seems to have a big opinion of himself, so I doubt he's going to settle for the kind of contract we're in a position to offer him.

ricardisimo
03-12-2012, 03:26 AM
I'll make the John Kuhn thread right away! :chuckle:
John Kuhn would look great in the black and gold for vet minimum. :tt02: