PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Smith, a class act to the end

LayingTheWoodley56
03-11-2012, 02:35 PM
He took out an ad in the Post Gazette to thank the fans and the city. Link here http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/32207-aaron-smtihs-classy-goodbye

What a classy gesture by a great Steeler. He was truly one of the unsung heroes of our success over the past decade-plus. I watched a special on him on ESPN once (focused mainly on his son's battle with cancer) where an opposing coach said that he considers him a Hall of Fame player and another said "you just can't block him." I bet that most NFL fans couldn't even tell you who he is. We will certainly never forget #91 in Steeler Nation.

GMU Steeler
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
He will be missed. Thanks Aaron.

OX1947
03-11-2012, 04:50 PM
Aaron Smith had it wrong in his first sentence. He will ALWAYS be a Pittburgh Steeler. Always and forever.

stb_steeler
03-11-2012, 08:10 PM
He took out an ad in the Post Gazette to thank the fans and the city. Link here http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/bob-smiziks-blog/32207-aaron-smtihs-classy-goodbye

What a classy gesture by a great Steeler. He was truly one of the unsung heroes of our success over the past decade-plus. I watched a special on him on ESPN once (focused mainly on his son's battle with cancer) where an opposing coach said that he considers him a Hall of Fame player and another said "you just can't block him." I bet that most NFL fans couldn't even tell you who he is. We will certainly never forget #91 in Steeler Nation.

I also watched that special on ESPN......Aaron is a class act all the way :thumbsup:

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 02:55 AM
I find it interesting that no where in the article did he say he was retiring?

Farrior has not said either.

tony hipchest
03-12-2012, 03:01 AM
I find it interesting that no where in the article did he say he was retiring?

Farrior has not said either.he is retiring. most people on the outside altready know this and everybody on the inside knows it.

likewise just about everybody knows that james and ward plan on trying to play for atleast another year.

steeltheone
03-12-2012, 03:44 AM
he is retiring. most people on the outside altready know this and everybody on the inside knows it.

likewise just about everybody knows that james and ward plan on trying to play for atleast another year.

I have not seen it anywhere...I heard rumor Smith failed the team physical but never saw for sure.

I can't blame any player for trying to make a living...If any of those guys can latch on for a few years and make a pretty penny, who can blame them.

3 great Steelers!

Bayz101
03-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Aaron Smith will retire, Hines will try and play another year & Farrior will explore options but ultimately retire as well. That's my guesses, but if I had my way, they'd all retire having Black & Gold as they're last colors.

MattRhys63
03-16-2012, 08:27 PM
True gent. Will always be missed

Thankyou #91 :applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::appla udit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:: applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applau dit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::a pplaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaud it::applaudit::applaudit:

fujirama24
03-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Ziggy hood had played very well the last couple of years and. Mr. Heyward we have big hopes for. That being said if we weren't so close to the cap I would have bought Big A. Smith back. He might be the best 3-4 DE ever. I understand we just couldn't do it with his injuries as of late and are cap. But Man he was really tough. He will be really missed. I know we have drafted guys to replace him and I expect they will do very well. Just hope they will play half as good as he did in his first 10 years.

harts
03-17-2012, 08:03 PM
LOL
if he had any real class
He would repay the steelers some money from stealing 2 years worth of paychecks.

Sorry ---- him and Hines should have gotten the boot at the end of last year.

Class Act?
LOL:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

what else can he do?
He cant play anymore

JPPT1974
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Wished more people were as classy as he was. Good luck Aaron!

pete74
03-18-2012, 06:27 AM
LOL
if he had any real class
He would repay the steelers some money from stealing 2 years worth of paychecks.

Class Act?

what else can he do?
He cant play anymore

what a moron you are. if you belive that then maybe the steelers should cut him a big check for all those years he dominated and was paid well below market value?

i would love to see you get hurt at work and your boss not pay you. see if you still feel the same way

smith was the corner stone of our defense for a long time and he gets hurt as he get older and you have morons like this that forget about all the good he did here. would you be happier with Haynsworth. smith was a team player that was never selfish and your upset that he got hurt . you must be a raven fan

LayingTheWoodley56
03-18-2012, 02:28 PM
LOL
if he had any real class

Class Act?

what else can he do?
He cant play anymore

What a joke this post is. Why invest so much time and emotion in a team if you don't give two shits about the players on it? We complain all the time saying how the players don't care about the fans in the sporting world, but we also have a responsibility to care about them, torn triceps and all.

IamTheSteelGod
03-19-2012, 08:16 AM
Aaron Smith is a true legend, an idle to watch. Its a shame his career was cut short by injury.