PDA

View Full Version : free agent lb

ETL
03-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Instead of using our top pick for a LB where we sort of have some descent back ups why not get one in free agency.

Someone like David Hawthorne in Seattle who is supposedly a great run stopper. He may be a mid-priced gem like Farrior was.

Heinz Hitman
03-13-2012, 08:41 AM
First, we have to have money to sign a free agent. Right now we do not. I would rather have Hightower myself. But yes, Hawthorne is a decent linebacker.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-13-2012, 08:56 AM
I dont see a FA LB coming in. Farrior was a rare find that worked in the system. I think they would prefer to groom the rookies so they do it only one way, the steeler way.

Cpitt78
03-13-2012, 11:07 AM
First, we have to have money to sign a free agent. Right now we do not. I would rather have Hightower myself. But yes, Hawthorne is a decent linebacker.

So essentially, the AFC North is comprised of the Steelers, The Browns, The Browns, and The Browns. Got it.

55BaileyFan
03-13-2012, 05:10 PM
We don't have the cash to sign anyone of note and besides rookies/undrafted are sooo much cheaper than FA.

Rookie minimum is what...250k? Veteran minimum is 1-1.5M depending on the years.

tony hipchest
03-13-2012, 05:41 PM
We don't have the cash to sign anyone of note and besides rookies/undrafted are sooo much cheaper than FA.

Rookie minimum is what...250k? Veteran minimum is 1-1.5M depending on the years.

maybe we should resign patrick bailey on the cheap. too late! titans resigned him to a multi year deal.

i forget who we kept when he was the bubble player. i think it was carey davis. :doh: