PDA

View Full Version : The star

sheba
07-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Who do you think will be the bigest star on the steelers 06 team?

BlackNGold203
07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Too many to mention...that's the beauty of our team in my humble opinion...it's a TEAM..a different hero every week...:cool: :cool: :cool:

silver & black
07-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Troy Polamalu. That guy is just fun to watch.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Too many to mention...that's the beauty of our team in my humble opinion...it's a TEAM..a different hero every week...:cool: :cool: :cool:

Yep, you nailed it. They're all stars in my eyes. :smile:

lilyoder6
07-16-2006, 03:43 PM
there is no i in team....

4n2t0
07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
there is no i in team....

There is one in win.

SteelCzar76
07-16-2006, 04:51 PM
LOL,....there certainly is 4n2.

"Protected by Zeus,.....Stand Back"

siss
07-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Ben!

Mosca
07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
If you mean the player that the rest of the football world talks about, I think this is going to be Ben's breakout year, the year where he gets mentioned in the same breath as Brady, P Manning, Brees, Palmer.

The other guy who is going to break out is Heath Miller. The Steelers are a running team, but what they really are is a "take what they give us" team. Once the run is established, look for the passing game to put up big points in the second quarter and right after halftime, and to keep those drives alive in the third and fourth quarters. We'll see more grind-the-clock drives ending in points rather than punts this year, and I think that Miller is going to be a big part of that; he's a guy who can't be covered by a linebacker. 3rd and long won't be a 5 yard run and a punt, it will be a 7 yard pass over the middle and chains moving.

Tom

(edited to change Bledsoe to Brees.)

Atlanta Dan
07-16-2006, 09:57 PM
If you mean the player that the rest of the football world talks about, I think this is going to be Ben's breakout year, the year where he gets mentioned in the same breath as Brady, P Manning, Bledsoe, Palmer.

The other guy who is going to break out is Heath Miller. The Steelers are a running team, but what they really are is a "take what they give us" team. Once the run is established, look for the passing game to put up big points in the second quarter and right after halftime, and to keep those drives alive in the third and fourth quarters. We'll see more grind-the-clock drives ending in points rather than punts this year, and I think that Miller is going to be a big part of that; he's a guy who can't be covered by a linebacker. 3rd and long won't be a 5 yard run and a punt, it will be a 7 yard pass over the middle and chains moving.

Tom

The same breath as Bledsoe?! Hope he has a better season than that :)

I also expect big things from Heath Miller - the 4 games Ben missed last season slowed down the interplay of Ben and Miller. The passes to Miller early in the Colts game were a big key to that victory - looking for more of the same this season.

Mosca
07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
The same breath as Bledsoe?! Hope he has a better season than that :)

Crap, I meant Brees. Don't get old, they all run together in your head when you get old.

peter
07-17-2006, 07:59 AM
How about Duce Staley?? :dancing:

HometownGal
07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Willie Parker. I think this kid is going to have a kick ass 2006. Just a gut. :bouncy:

Elvis
07-17-2006, 01:29 PM
The one player that I honestly think can make an impact out of nowhere this season is..
WR Cedrick Wilson or RB Verron Haynes. They are both set up with opportunities to succeed and now it is theirs to take those roles from Raandel El and the Bus....
GO Steelers
God Bless
Elvis

clevestinks
07-17-2006, 08:19 PM
Who do you think will be the bigest star on the steelers 06 team?
Tough question although its just a guess. But if Joey Porter can continue on the same roll he ended on, then look out. The last six games or so, he was unstoppable.

This is Bens year to shine though, after the lousy offseason, and a mediocre SB, he is healthy, this is his year!

Black@Gold Forever32
07-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Tough question although its just a guess. But if Joey Porter can continue on the same roll he ended on, then look out. The last six games or so, he was unstoppable.

This is Bens year to shine though, after the lousy offseason, and a mediocre SB, he is healthy, this is his year!

I agree about Ben. I think he really takes off this year. I thought it before the accident. Was alittle worried about Ben being gun shy after the accident. But his press conference erased all my little fears. I have a really good feeling that Ben can break Terry Bradshaw's single season passing TD record if given the pass attempts during the season. I want Ben to become the first Steelers QB to pass for 30 TD's in a season.

By the way Terry's record is 28.

Yea if Joey Porter plays like the tear he was on the last part of the season and playoffs...watchout he could have a monster year. Plus I think Troy really has a big year as well. I'm thinking Troy gets around 5-7 picks and 3-5 sacks.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-17-2006, 11:01 PM
I am going to tweak my answer to the question a little because Ben and Hines are the STARS on offense.

But I'm going to say Heath Miller as the Pressure Relief Valve. He will be the key to offense when the offense struggles...especially the running game.

tony hipchest
07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
miller has potential to break antonio gates te td record in this offense.

CantStop85
07-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Big Ben without question.

I agree that Heath Miller could have a huge season. I expect a lot of TD's out of him.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-18-2006, 12:14 AM
How about Duce Staley?? :dancing:

If Duce is the star then Katy bar the door and look out NFL. Pipe dream probably. But if Duce has a stellar season then can you say...XLI

nicesteel4life
07-18-2006, 09:44 AM
TEAM