PDA

View Full Version : Jets show interest to Cotchery

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
The Jets have not found a No. 2 receiver on the free agent market yet, and we’re not so sure they’re looking. They’ve only shown light interest in lower-tier wideouts like Chaz Schilens.

Cotchery, of course, knows the Jets well. The 29-year-old spent his first seven NFL seasons with New York’s AFC club before playing last year in Pittsburgh.

Cotchery has enough left in the tank to serve as a capable No. 3 or 4 receiver. The Jets might be looking to bring him back for a minimum salary deal.

In more Jets news, the team announced Wednesday afternoon that it has re-signed kicker Nick Folk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/jets-interested-in-reuniting-with-cotchery/

F*ck. I really would of LOVED to have Cotchery back. Just a week and a half ago it looked good to atleast sign Cotchery to a 3 or so year deal. With no FA push for Wallace at the moment and with Rex-toes Ryan showing interest, Cotch might not be willing to wait.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-14-2012, 01:02 PM
Some people like being kicked in the balls, some times they go back for another kick in the balls, lol. If that is the case and his thinking after he left with bad blood than I don't want him here. Because he is only about 1 thing. What is it you ask?
that is getting kicked in the balls and geting paid for it, lol

Fire Arians
03-14-2012, 01:32 PM
i doubt cotchery wants to go back to that train wreck of an organization. he took the vet minimum and a huge pay cut to get out of there. he could have stayed with the jets for a few million last year but didnt

Atlanta Dan
03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
i doubt cotchery wants to go back to that train wreck of an organization. he took the vet minimum and a huge pay cut to get out of there. he could have stayed with the jets for a few million last year but didnt

But it is all better - Locker room cancer Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez say they now are Best Friends Forever:hug:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17767370/can-holmes-sanchez-friendly-words-help-persuade-free-agents-to-sign

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 01:44 PM
But it is all better - Locker room cancer Santonio Holmes and Mark Sanchez say they now are Best Friends Forever:hug:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/17767370/can-holmes-sanchez-friendly-words-help-persuade-free-agents-to-sign

Until Sanchez scuffs the ball at 'Tone's feet on his usual slant route.:coffee:

stb_steeler
03-14-2012, 01:49 PM
If he wants to go back to that crap organization then he really isnt Steeler material, but i hope he doesnt tho.....I thought he wanted away from the Jets?, why go back after all that.

stb_steeler
03-14-2012, 01:51 PM

Yeah i bet Sanchez feels real warm in fuzzy about now, knowing he almost would have been playin second fiddle to Peyton. He really does need a friend.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-14-2012, 02:17 PM
I agree. I would not even entertain negotiations now. He isnt going to use that group of dysfunctional retards against us to get a better deal. Screw that.

There are plenty fo WR's out there who can be a 4th wr or compete for a 3rd. I rather bring in Plax, he will get plenty of action as a 3 or 4. Sanders won't be healthy all year anyway.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-14-2012, 02:21 PM
As far as Sanchez goes... They apologized with pissing away 20million more to him. No one else wouldve been bidding in 2 years for him, so lets go give him more money. What a stupid organization that is. What team would Sanchez start for this year in the NFL? lol

TRH
03-14-2012, 02:25 PM
the way teams are throwing money at WR's this year....who knows what kind of dollars they could throw his way too. It's not going to be 10 mil kind of money, but it sure as hell isn't going to be near vet minimums either.

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 02:33 PM
I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.

Buddha Bus
03-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I just really do believe that Jerricho Cotchery is one of those types of Steelers signings that would be a HUGE part in chasing after a Lombardi, Pittsburgh-style. I really do. I love everything about his attitude and what he brings to the table as a wideout at what? Only 29-30 years old. I believe the Steelers would miss the boat if he signs elsewhere.

I'm with you, Still. I've been saying that Cotchery should be a priority since the end of the season. He's the obvious veteran successor to Ward and should be signed.

We've gone from arguably the deepest WR corps in the NFL to now potentially losing Ward, Wallace, AND Cotchery this off-season. I'm sure the uncertainty of Wallace's status may be what's holding this up, but I sure hope we don't shit the bed and lose all three. That would suck. :doh:

FrancoLambert
03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
I agree. I would not even entertain negotiations now. He isnt going to use that group of dysfunctional retards against us to get a better deal. Screw that.

There are plenty fo WR's out there who can be a 4th wr or compete for a 3rd. I rather bring in Plax, he will get plenty of action as a 3 or 4. Sanders won't be healthy all year anyway.

Plax over Cotchery? Not for me.
Cotchery's a great fit for us. Great attitude, works hard, team guy.
Does that describe Plaxico?
It would be a real blow to our depth at WR if we lose Cotchery.
He would immediately improve the depth charts at WR for most if not all NFL teams.
He may not be a "big name" but he is the type of player you need to have depth that can contribute in a big spot.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 03:54 PM
Cothery can be replaced, easily.

Wallace can't be replaced.

A depth player is a million plus tops.

I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.

Fire Arians
03-14-2012, 03:57 PM
I believe both can be replaced actually. I'm totally not sold on Wallace's sportsmanship to teams concepts. Seemed like he moped his cocky-ass around at the end of the season when his QB was clearly getting clocked. He couldn't churn in any other specialty to the his game and gave up in San Fran (my eyeball test.)

Wallace's speed is unmatchable, but I'd take Cotchery's attitude and will to win over Mike Wallace's cocky nature of a human being. I'm starting to pull off the Wallace bandwagon for some reason. We can throw the ball up to anyone. Lets get a mother f*cker in here that'll go across the middle of defense's like Baltimore and San Francisco. Cotchery WOULD do that.

agree. wallace's attitude bothered me at the mid-end of the season. cotchery didn't complain about not getting thrown to at all, he just shut up and played the game, and did it well with the limited playing time he had.

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Cocthery didnt complain?lol Would you if you were making a 1million for doing nothing?lol

Hopefully Redman performs for you guys. But RB's will not carry this team for long. Actually they will carry us, to a high 1st round pick.

Redman can carry us and so can Heath Miller, Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jericho Cotchery. I believe Haley is going to come up with a nice scheme and really study our players, something Arians did NOT do. David Johnson, LOL.

Fire Arians
03-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Also, at the end of the game at Denver, who was the one to make the outrageous & phenomenal catch deep along the sidelines, spread-out? Emmanuel Sanders. We'll be fine losing Wallace if it comes to it.

if sanders can stay healthy, he will be a star in this league. he's faster than brown, but is much better at running routes. he also doesnt mind laying the wood on defenders on running plays. as complete a receiver as it gets, he'd be like hines ward with 4.4 speed.

durability is his only issue at this point. i really hope this guy can string together seasons without getting the injury bug

StainlessStill
03-14-2012, 05:28 PM
if sanders can stay healthy, he will be a star in this league. he's faster than brown, but is much better at running routes. he also doesnt mind laying the wood on defenders on running plays. as complete a receiver as it gets, he'd be like hines ward with 4.4 speed.

durability is his only issue at this point. i really hope this guy can string together seasons without getting the injury bug

I think he's the forgotten man in our system. Injury's can be monitored with a full off-season with our medical staff. This dude has the ability to show up when we need a play. He's in the same mold as Brown in the clutch. I'm comfortable with these two going into next season.

Pentheon
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
He stated he wanted to come back here, I think he'll be here when the season starts, I hope.

He showed good things in the season here and there

I agree about the sanders talk, kid will be a star if he can stay healthy.

Pretty cool he lives 1 street behind me too

finesward
03-14-2012, 07:44 PM

Hey what crystal ball are you using that tells you Sanders won't be healthy all year? Just curious...

ShutDown24
03-14-2012, 08:02 PM
I would like to see Cotchery stick around. I believe he would stay here for less money.

tanda10506
03-14-2012, 11:42 PM
As long as the Steelers make him a deal he will be here. As pointed out, he took the minimum to come here and stated that winning a championship was a big reason. As the ad stated, the Jets would likely be looking to offer him minimum or close to it, for once we will probably be offering more money then the team interested in our player. Not only that, he could have made more money there last year, he's not going to go back for less. He said he wants to be here and it's not like he's talking to the Jets or showing interest in them. IMO, non story.

tony hipchest
03-15-2012, 01:19 AM
unfortunately he is probably worth more to the jets than what the steelers can afford (dont be fooled into thinking the jets are gonna show their hand to the media or ANY other teams who may want crotch).

the jets locker room fell apart and they missed the playoffs, thanks in part to his veteran leadership being absent. word is, he was like the glue.

meanwhile the steelers have been shit canning veteran leadership like its going out of style.

as much as i'd like to keep him, ive actually seen asshole steelerfans suggest that veterans leadership and experience isnt worth a pot to piss in.

plus we're behind the 8-ball having to see what happens to wallace before we can really make ANY moves going forward. the steelers are in limbo until that situation resolves itself.

LVSteelersfan
03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
I wish the Mike Wallace thing would resolve itself soon so the Steelers can actually do something. But if the Patriots want Wallace I don't think they are going to show their hand early in the game. I can't think there are too many other teams that want to go after him. Maybe the 49ers. Maybe not. I think I will just take the next month off from football and come back and see how it has all turned out when all is said and done. I hate this waiting. Is it football season yet?

tanda10506
03-15-2012, 08:23 PM
unfortunately he is probably worth more to the jets than what the steelers can afford (dont be fooled into thinking the jets are gonna show their hand to the media or ANY other teams who may want crotch).

the jets locker room fell apart and they missed the playoffs, thanks in part to his veteran leadership being absent. word is, he was like the glue.

meanwhile the steelers have been shit canning veteran leadership like its going out of style.

as much as i'd like to keep him, ive actually seen asshole steelerfans suggest that veterans leadership and experience isnt worth a pot to piss in.

plus we're behind the 8-ball having to see what happens to wallace before we can really make ANY moves going forward. the steelers are in limbo until that situation resolves itself.

True, I just don't see him wanting to go back there. He took a cut to come here last year. We don't have the money to offer him anything big, but I bet he will take a lower offer to stay as long as it's decent. I wish this Wallace deal would get done.

StainlessStill
03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
In the Casey Hampton restructures thread, the article hits on the Steelers wanting to sign their unrestricted Free Agents, including Jerricho Cotchery and William Gay. I'm confident it'll get done. I have a feeling Cotchery isn't even blinking at the money and would rather stay here to make a run.