PDA

View Full Version : Your preseason Top 5.

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 02:33 PM
1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame

SteelCityMan786
07-16-2006, 02:38 PM
1.Penn State
2.West Virginia
3.Ohio State
4.Auburn
5.Florida State

lilyoder6
07-16-2006, 03:12 PM
damn straight.. penn state will be great this year.
1: penn state
2: norte dame
3: florida state
4: ohio state
5: texas

SuperBowlChamps
07-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Trying to be realistic here, PRESEASON top 5...doesn't necessarly refect what it will look like at the end of the season...

#1: Notre Dame
#2: Ohio State
#3: Oklahoma
#4: Penn State
#5: Florida

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Trying to be realistic here, PRESEASON top 5...doesn't necessarly refect what it will look like at the end of the season...

Hence no Penn State in my Top 5. They have some issues on defense and a new starting quaterback. I think they'll be good, but they might struggle at the begining of the season.

BlackNGold203
07-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Wont Texas lose alot by losing Young??..are they still that good?

Lyn
07-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Iowa
Fl St
Georgia
WV
LSU

Many.....it is a crapshoot!~

CantStop85
07-16-2006, 08:14 PM
1. Ohio State
2. Notre Dame
3. Oklahoma
4. LSU
5. Penn State

Jeremy
07-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Texas has a lot of weapons left from their MNC team.

Their biggest game will be Ohio State.

My Nittany Lions will be a sleeper this year as most people assume they lost too much to be as good as they were last year.

SuperBowlChamps
07-16-2006, 09:36 PM
Hence no Penn State in my Top 5. They have some issues on defense and a new starting quaterback. I think they'll be good, but they might struggle at the begining of the season.

I think Penn State will be a lot better than people think. Time will tell I guess.

Lyn
07-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Texas has a lot of weapons left from their MNC team.

Their biggest game will be Ohio State.

My Nittany Lions will be a sleeper this year as most people assume they lost too much to be as good as they were last year.

How much of Texas' offense was lost last year?

Jeremy
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Basically Vince Young.

They return most of their best skill guys and 3 starters from the offensive line.

CowherLover
07-17-2006, 10:00 AM
1. THE Ohio State University

2. Notre Dame

3. Penn State

4. USC

5. Texas

ARKIESTEEL
07-17-2006, 10:37 AM
1. Arkansas State U:sofunny:

2. Arkansas :dang:

3. Connors State College:bouncy:

4. Oklahoma State U:boxing:

5. John Brown U:busted:

Dynasty
08-01-2006, 06:17 PM
1. Ohio St.
2. Notre Dame
3. Penn St.
4. WVU
5. Florida St.

Polamalu43
08-02-2006, 12:30 AM
1. Texas
2. Ohio State
3. Auburn
4. Florida
5. Notre Dame

1. osu
2. texas
3. usc
4. ohio state
5. WV

memphissteelergirl
08-02-2006, 11:49 AM
1. Texas
2. So. Cal
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame

...and my beloved U of Memphis Tigers will break the top 25 this season...ya heard it here first.

GO TIGERS!

ARKIESTEEL
08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
1. Texas
2. So. Cal
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Notre Dame

...and my beloved U of Memphis Tigers will break the top 25 this season...ya heard it here first.

GO TIGERS!

The Tigers couldnt break wind much less into the top 25. Lets go ASU Arkansas State U

Indians

RoethlisBURGHer
08-03-2006, 11:09 AM
1. Ohio State
2. Notre Dame
3. LSU
4. Florida
5. West Virginia

daleemnm
08-03-2006, 04:12 PM
1. Ohio State
2. WVU
3. LSU
4. Notre Dame
5. Penn State

lilyoder6
08-03-2006, 04:36 PM
penn state is ranked 13.. can't beleive it

memphissteelergirl
08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
The Tigers couldnt break wind much less into the top 25. Lets go ASU Arkansas State U

Indians

:blah: Uh, huh...we'll see your little Indian boys Oct 14th!
(Just messin' with ya....seriously, it should be a good game)

ARKIESTEEL
08-04-2006, 03:27 PM
:blah: Uh, huh...we'll see your little Indian boys Oct 14th!
(Just messin' with ya....seriously, it should be a good game)

Thats where I went to school. Many years ago I used to have lots of fun in memphis back in the day

BUCKEYE4EVER
08-04-2006, 06:54 PM
1.OHIO STATE
2. TEXAS
3. ND
4. USCum
5.OKLA.
11 TO 17 PENN ST.

lilyoder6
08-04-2006, 07:02 PM
penn state is gonna win the big ten this yr

memphissteelergirl
08-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Thats where I went to school. Many years ago I used to have lots of fun in memphis back in the day

Wait a sec...you're in Fayetteville....you didn't go to U of Arkansas? :cya:
*mphssg leaves before a rock is hurled in her direction*

Hawk Believer
08-07-2006, 02:45 PM
It kills me to say it, but I think Notre Dame takes the title this year in spite of a brutal schedule.

SteelCityMan786
08-07-2006, 02:59 PM
It kills me to say it, but I think Notre Dame takes the title this year in spite of a brutal schedule.

They will suffer at least one loss(That being Penn State).

ARKIESTEEL
08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Wait a sec...you're in Fayetteville....you didn't go to U of Arkansas? :cya:
*mphssg leaves before a rock is hurled in her direction*

No I went to ASU my mom lives in Osecola which is just like 45mins away from Memphis.
I lived there some myself we used to take a boat out on the big river and go all the way down to Memphis pull in tie off and go to Bucther shop right there on front street ( if I recall the right street name it was either front street or river front dont recall) drink beer eat beef then go home by the light of the moon

memphissteelergirl
08-07-2006, 04:11 PM
No I went to ASU my mom lives in Osecola which is just like 45mins away from Memphis.
I lived there some myself we used to take a boat out on the big river and go all the way down to Memphis pull in tie off and go to Bucther shop right there on front street ( if I recall the right street name it was either front street or river front dont recall) drink beer eat beef then go home by the light of the moon

Yes, you're right The Butcher Shop is on Front St. They are planning some more development along the riverfront, too.

Hawk Believer
08-07-2006, 08:19 PM
They will suffer at least one loss(That being Penn State).
I'd wager that this season will have a Champion that is not undefeated.

Jeremy
08-07-2006, 10:20 PM
It could happen. Or you could have a team come out of nowhere like Michigan or Arizona State and shock everyone by running the table.

Elvis
08-14-2006, 03:17 PM
My top 5
1. L S U
2. Notre Dame
3. Miami (my stunner for everyone)
4. Penn State
5. USC
I am a Canes fan, and I know this is a reach but if Kyle Wright comes on like he should he can be just as good as Ken Dorsey was. The first game of the year maybe our worst cuz we are without 3 of our starters on Offense because of team suspensions.

Hawk Believer
01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Revisiting old predictions.....

I'd wager that this season will have a Champion that is not undefeated.

Hey, I finally got one prediction right! Course I am choosing not to quote my pick of Notre Dame as being the national champs. :dang: Looks like a quick scan of predictions shows nobody picked Florida as #1. But a couple prescient posters picked the Gators in the top five!

I.C. Lights
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I think a lot of you guys are ranking ND too high. They're loosing Quinn, McKnight, Samardzija, Carlson and a bunch of other players. Next year's senior and junior are(Willingham's) pretty weak classes. I hope you're all right, but I think ND would do well by finishing in the top 15 next year. That being said,

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. LSU

My stunner will be Rutgers, #6

boLT fan
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
I think a lot of you guys are ranking ND too high. They're loosing Quinn, McKnight, Samardzija, Carlson and a bunch of other players. Next year's senior and junior are(Willingham's) pretty weak classes. I hope you're all right, but I think ND would do well by finishing in the top 15 next year. That being said,

1. USC
2. Texas
3. Michigan
4. Florida
5. LSU

My stunner will be Rutgers, #6

This thread id from before last season, that is why ND is so high.

Elvis
01-12-2007, 05:24 PM
My top 5?
1. USC
2. TEXAS
3. LSU
4. MICHIGAN
5. MIAMI, FLA. (my stunner)

Godfather
01-12-2007, 07:22 PM
1) Tulane--Blatant homer pick (got my degree there)
2) LSU--Realistic homer pick (2 years in baton Rouge)
3) Florida (puke, but they earned it)
4) Boise State (longest winning streak in the nation, gotta give them props)
5) Rutgers

I.C. Lights
01-22-2007, 06:35 PM
This thread id from before last season, that is why ND is so high.

Haha :dang: , thanks!

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-23-2007, 09:34 AM
2007 Top 5:

1. Southern California

2. Florida

3. Michigan

4. Texas

5. Georgia

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Top 5 for '07

1. Florida (ugh-that hurts)
2. So. Cal
3. Texas
4. LSU
5. Michigan

My ones to watch-Rutgers, Boise State.

Geez. Is it September yet? :banging:

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Top 5 for '07

1. Florida (ugh-that hurts)
2. So. Cal
3. Texas
4. LSU
5. Michigan

My ones to watch-Rutgers, Boise State.

Geez. Is it September yet? :banging:

Those are good picks. I think that Florida might be better this season with Tebow leading the offense. I'm curious to see what Les Miles does in year three down in Baton Rouge - I'm still not sold on him just yet!

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Those are good picks. I think that Florida might be better this season with Tebow leading the offense. I'm curious to see what Les Miles does in year three down in Baton Rouge - I'm still not sold on him just yet!

Well he got them to the Sugar Bowl so he can't be doing all that bad...but there's not much you can mess up with a JaMarcus Russell on your team. LOL.

So, what's your opinion of Saban? Think he'll get the program on the right track?

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Well he got them to the Sugar Bowl so he can't be doing all that bad...but there's not much you can mess up with a JaMarcus Russell on your team. LOL.

So, what's your opinion of Saban? Think he'll get the program on the right track?

I don't think Miles is a bad coach - heck he's gone 22-4 in his first two seasons, but I want to see him once he gets his recruits in place.

I think that the Saban hire is what Alabama's program needed at this time. Bama didn't need to take a chance on a lessor-named coach. We've been there before in recent years and it didn't work (i.e., Mike Dubose, Mike Shula). Alabama needed to go out and "hit a homerun" and I think that that's exactly what Mal Moore did. Saban has had a late start in the recruiting hunt for 2007, but from what I've heard and read, I believe that this class will end up being a really good one when it's all said and done.

Saban has taken a huge hit from the national media, NFL fans, and from non-Alabama fans, but I think that this will be a forgotten issue before too much longer. He obviously realized that he enjoys coaching college football more than pro ball and he did not only himself a favor, but the Miami Dolphins franchise a favor by going ahead and leaving now instead of next year. Miami and Alabama will probably both be better off because of it.

It really tickles me that ESPN and the Jim Rome's of the world said that after Alabama fired Mike Shula, no topnotch coach would ever take the Alabama job. Alabama ended up getting the last laugh on that one. It also now appears that if Saban wouldn't have taken the job, Bobby Petrino would have since he bolted UofL for the Falcons. Petrino was the next candidate on Bama's list after Saban.

I say Bama goes 9-4 or so this coming fall and then look for the Tide to start competing for SEC titles again beginning with the '08 season. I have that LSU game for November 3rd in Tuscaloosa circled on my calendar already!!! :smile:

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Yeah, I agree...not too many college coaches end up being successful or happy on the pro level.

Saban will definitely give the program a shot in the arm.

Meanwhile, I am hoping my alma mater (U of Memphis) can recover from that train wreck last season and get back on track. We have some good jr. college players coming in, and recruiting is looking up. We've had some good recruiting classes the past couple of years, so we have good talent in place-just need to plug up some holes here and there. So here's hoping our schools will have better success in '07!

GO TIGERS!

ROLL TIDE!

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I agree...not too many college coaches end up being successful or happy on the pro level.

Saban will definitely give the program a shot in the arm.

Meanwhile, I am hoping my alma mater (U of Memphis) can recover from that train wreck last season and get back on track. We have some good jr. college players coming in, and recruiting is looking up. We've had some good recruiting classes the past couple of years, so we have good talent in place-just need to plug up some holes here and there. So here's hoping our schools will have better success in '07!

GO TIGERS!

ROLL TIDE!

Memphis is a program that I've liked for a long time. I remember Memphis (Memphis State) beating Alabama in 1987, 14-7. Then the very next week Bama demolishes an undefeated Tennessee team in Birmingham. Go figure!

I follow CUSA really closely and like the so-called mid-major conferences. I have a degree from Troy University, so I also follow the Trojans and the Sun Belt teams.

memphissteelergirl
01-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Hey, I was at that game! :thumbsup: Yikes, can't believe that was 20 years ago! :jawdrop:

Tommy West has done a phenomenal job there! That football program was on life support and there was a lot of talk of pulling the plug! So that's why I think last season was just a setback. Tommy knows how to win so I think we will get the program going again next year.

CrimsonTideSteelersFan
01-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Hey, I was at that game! :thumbsup: Yikes, can't believe that was 20 years ago! :jawdrop:

Tommy West has done a phenomenal job there! That football program was on life support and there was a lot of talk of pulling the plug! So that's why I think last season was just a setback. Tommy knows how to win so I think we will get the program going again next year.

I went to the Bama/Memphis game in 1989 in Birmingham and I also saw Memphis and Ole Miss play in 1988 in Jackson. A friend of mine growing up was an Ole Miss fan and his dad took us to that game. It was a downpour for most of the first half. I had to pretend like I was an Ole Miss fan but I was secretly pulling for the Tigers!

I hope you beat Ole Miss and that freaky coach of their's this season. West is an outstanding coach. One of my high school teammates, Dexter McCleon, played for West at Clemson in the 90's.

Godfather
01-23-2007, 08:52 PM
I hope you beat Ole Miss and that freaky coach of their's this season. West is an outstanding coach. One of my high school teammates, Dexter McCleon, played for West at Clemson in the 90's.

Nah, that might get the missing link fired. I'd like to see OM at 5-7 so they "show improvement" and let the idiot run the program into the ground for another year.

For those not in SEC country, check out "Colonel Reb Is Crying" on Youtube.

memphissteelergirl
01-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Nah, that might get the missing link fired. I'd like to see OM at 5-7 so they "show improvement" and let the idiot run the program into the ground for another year.

For those not in SEC country, check out "Colonel Reb Is Crying" on Youtube.

OK...are you an Ole Miss grad who just doesn't like Orgeron or a Miss. State or So. Miss alum?

Hines86Ward
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
2007 Top 5:

1-USC
2-Michigan
3-Texas
4-Florida
5-WVU (I'm a Pitt fan, it hurts...)

Haiku_Dirtt
01-27-2007, 12:52 PM
1. USC
2. LSU
3. Wisconson
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma

This Trojan defense is flat out nasty. PHYSICAL and blistering fast. This season's defense will be Pete Carroll's best defense since taking the job. That is saying something.

The emergence of the goto tailback is still a internal battle. Bradford, Gable and Moody were all freshman last season. I leaning towards either Bradford or Gable - Moody can't hold onto the damn ball.