PDA

View Full Version : What If: Steelers Traded Ben

ShutDown24
03-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Posted by Tyler Dunn, March 18th 2012 10:54 am EST

The Washington Redskins just traded away major assets for the rights to draft Robert Griffin.

D.C. gave the St. Louis Rams three first round draft selections and a second round selection. Thatís a first & second round pick this year and the Skinsí first round picks for the next two seasons.

Quite a haul to give up for a pick which will presumably be used on a quarterback who has never played a down in the pros.

We like Griffin, and think he will be a great fit in Washington. But if a quarterback of his proposed caliber is worth that much, what is a player like Ben Roethlisberger worth?

Read more...

http://pittsburghfootballreport.com/2012/03/18/what-if-steelers-traded-big-ben-41/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you guys see that roster? :drool:

Good god. That would be insane. I know this is all hypothetical and I would never trade Ben, but wow.

TRH
03-18-2012, 11:15 AM
thats years away................

ShutDown24
03-18-2012, 01:05 PM
thats years away................

Yeah, I don't think he even ever gets traded. I hope he retires a Steeler. I don't care about that with too many players but with Ben I do. I don't want his time here to end with some dramatic feud between he and ownership. Unfortunately, I see too much Favre in Ben. I get the feeling he'll be released at some point and end up playing the last few years of his career out in another city.

Kingmagyar
03-18-2012, 02:50 PM
What if the Steelers traded Ben?

Remember the 1980's?

Goldsteel86
03-18-2012, 04:21 PM

The Washington Redskins just traded away major assets for the rights to draft Robert Griffin.

D.C. gave the St. Louis Rams three first round draft selections and a second round selection. Thatís a first & second round pick this year and the Skinsí first round picks for the next two seasons.

Quite a haul to give up for a pick which will presumably be used on a quarterback who has never played a down in the pros.

We like Griffin, and think he will be a great fit in Washington. But if a quarterback of his proposed caliber is worth that much, what is a player like Ben Roethlisberger worth?

Read more...

http://pittsburghfootballreport.com/2012/03/18/what-if-steelers-traded-big-ben-41/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good god. That would be insane. I know this is all hypothetical and I would never trade Ben, but wow.

Dude,
May I try some of your "CiggaWeed"? Are you really serious? Ummm no, Ben traded? Once again "Puff, Puff, Give"!

Dalarin
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
Ben is the reason we are an elite team. We do well enough without him but the reason we are considered in preseason super bowl talk is directly attributed to him. In the what if situation though I would wager a 9-7 season 3rd in the division and miss out on playoffs.

kan_t
03-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Some people just don't appreciate how valuable a franchise QB and a top 5 QB in the league is.

ShutDown24
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Some people just don't appreciate how valuable a franchise QB and a top 5 QB in the league is.

Yep. Worth anything to hold onto I think.

ShutDown24
03-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Dude,
May I try some of your "CiggaWeed"? Are you really serious? Ummm no, Ben traded? Once again "Puff, Puff, Give"!

Oh I would NEVER do it lol. But that doesn't make the proposed roster any less awesome.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Smoking the Baltimore weed again, eh?lol

StainlessStill
03-18-2012, 10:17 PM
What if: this article never happened?

Whodis
03-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Remember the 1980's?

+Reps

don't forget the 90's

ShutDown24
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
+Reps

don't forget the 90's

They could alwys trade him away and re-sign Tommy Gun :chuckle:

Although I always felt like Maddox got too much criticism.

tanda10506
03-19-2012, 07:50 PM
"What if the Steelers traded Ben?"

8-8, likely missing the playoffs and losing to the Ratbirds twice a year.

objectivefan
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
In a league driven by qb's, you have to be crazy to even consider trading Ben. You have no idea what your getting with draft picks. Especially drafting qbs.

objectivefan
03-19-2012, 08:07 PM
"What if the Steelers traded Ben?"

8-8, likely missing the playoffs and losing to the Ratbirds twice a year.

yep

Aussie Steeler
03-20-2012, 05:07 AM

Hahahahahahahaha. ^^ This ^^ :thumbsup:

BlaZeQuietly
03-25-2012, 03:50 PM
In a league driven by qb's, you have to be crazy to even consider trading Ben. You have no idea what your getting with draft picks. Especially drafting qbs.

Yep does everyone remember Ryan Leaf, We're keeping ben end of story no IFS ands or buts

njsteeler87v2
03-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Can't see it happening..unless he sticks to his traditional plan and not throw the ball away faster this upcoming season...

NSMaster56
03-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Remember the 1980's?

Or, best case scenario, the O'Donnell/Tomczak/Slash 90's.

Millers the sh!t
03-26-2012, 01:08 PM
With a roster like that you wouldn't need a franchise qb. Just a game manager who doesn't give the ball away. We won 12 games scoring 21 points a game it probably wouldn't be much different.

Maybe be the colts and try flunking out the first season and try grabbing the next "franchise qb" and we'd possibly be set for 10 years. Probably be in the super bowl at least 5 times during that decade.

Even though this is all a walt Disney fairy tail I don't think that we'd get 3 first rounders and a player for Ben.

Maybe two 1's and two 2's

Millers the sh!t
03-26-2012, 01:12 PM

Then we would have had an extra 3 minutes of nothing to read or talk about during the offseason.

Fire Arians
03-26-2012, 01:16 PM
traded him for who? drew brees or aaron rodgers? ok

Lord of Lombardi
03-29-2012, 02:17 PM

Read more...

I don't understand you? Maybe it's too much time on your hands? I see complaints about Ben scrambling and shortening his football life. Now I see trade Ben, let's get a QB who scrambles more and bet the farm on a QB who is a higher risk. I'll pass and keep the current QB.

-Mike Vick-