PDA

View Full Version : When is Ryan Clark going to shut up?

steelers33
03-18-2012, 11:43 PM
http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/ryan-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-join-the-dolphins/

Ryan Clark says “no one” wants to join the Dolphins
Posted by Mike Florio on March 18, 2012, 10:38 PM EDT
So why are the Dolphins having a hard time luring free agents to South Beach? Steelers safety Ryan Clark has a theory.

After Clark congratulated quarterback Matt Flynn on joining the Seahawks via Twitter, one of Clark’s followers writes that “NO ONE wants to go to the Dolphins!” Clark responds by saying, “No one! To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to.”

Clark was referring to his decision in 2010 to stay with the Steelers in lieu of joining the Dolphins.

So what’s the issue? Clark later says, “It’s my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions.”

Here’s referring, presumably, to G.M. Jeff Ireland.

Clark didn’t specifically say whether other players share his opinion, but it’s implied in the “No one!” tweet.

If it’s true, the Dolphins need to find a way to fix the situation. If it’s not true, the Dolphins need to find a way to reverse a false perception.

This is so annoying, this isn't the first time with this guy. Let own organizations deal with their own problems, don't speak publicly about it. God Mike Tomlin should enact a twitter policy, or just tell Clark to start acting to the class of the Steelers organization. He's also a marginal player at best, who is just a loudmouth.

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 12:02 AM
whaaa...

get over it. the dolphins suck and everybody knows it.

their fans practically wish death upon ryan for doing nothing more than giving a hometown discount to a superior team.

PhantomJB93
03-19-2012, 12:30 AM
I have no problem with this. People say way more stupid stuff on Twitter.

It's not like he guaranteed a Super Bowl or anything.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 01:47 AM
I have no problem with it. He doesn't need a muzzle.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
whaaa...

get over it. the dolphins suck and everybody knows it.

their fans practically wish death upon ryan for doing nothing more than giving a hometown discount to a superior team.

So he couldn't take the high road and just not say anything about it publicly? I could care less about the Dolphins, its just kind of annoying that we are supposed to be this classy organization and I'm seeing unnecessary press related to our football team.

Dalarin
03-19-2012, 01:50 AM
When he has two more rings.

Dalarin
03-19-2012, 01:51 AM
Then he will let them do the speaking

steelers33
03-19-2012, 01:52 AM
I have no problem with this. People say way more stupid stuff on Twitter.

It's not like he guaranteed a Super Bowl or anything.

I know thats the point. The Steelers are a cream of the crop organization of the National Football League. Their players need to represent them accordingly on or off the football field. I don't want our players to be on the level of Jets players, simply put ,were better than that.

tanda10506
03-19-2012, 02:41 AM
In this instance he didn't say anything untrue, but as a whole, all these tweets are getting ridiculous. The tweets after the SB alone, IMO, were long over due, other then that just stop talking. I liked it way more when there was no word out of Pittsburgh players or FO.

IamTheSteelGod
03-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Ryan Clark is a legend, he can lay the smack so he can talk the smack!

Curtain_of_Steel
03-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Legend? Is that you grandpa clark?lol

Tomlin has no power over the players in the off season. Zippo. Good luck in shutting down their twittering, lol. The internet sucks in a lot of ways, Twitter, Facebook etc to name a few.

Than add a dumbass with access to twitter and you get people like Clark.

TRH
03-19-2012, 07:56 AM
In this instance he didn't say anything untrue, but as a whole, all these tweets are getting ridiculous. The tweets after the SB alone, IMO, were long over due, other then that just stop talking. I liked it way more when there was no word out of Pittsburgh players or FO.

+ 1

Why did he have to say anything at all? It's not about being "muzzled", its just staying away from dumb comments. Here we go again....another Steeler "tweeting" unneeded remarks.

Wallace108
03-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I'd prefer that Ryan just focus on the Steelers and not worry so much about what other teams are doing.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 10:16 AM
+ 1

Why did he have to say anything at all? It's not about being "muzzled", its just staying away from dumb comments. Here we go again....another Steeler "tweeting" unneeded remarks.

Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher. Tomlin is more of a players coach, which is fine, but maybe he needs to reinforce what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. This goes past the Miami Dolphins, who cares about them, it goes to discipline and professionalism which we are supposed to be all about.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2012, 10:17 AM
I dont see the problem. Clark is actually a well spoken guy with a wit about him that I enjoy.

So, if the Dolphins organization is a gong show for some reason, a guy is gonna tweet about it at times. Sapp said that guys used to call him about how the Raiders were as a team, when they were looking at free agency and Sapp said he told them dont do it.

Steel Peon
03-19-2012, 10:19 AM
The only thing that I can possibly say about this one way or another is that he doesn't need to help anybody by giving advice. What do I mean by this? Well, it's pretty apparent that Clark really likes football, and enjoys giving his take on anything he might be paying attention to, or something he is, or was, involved in. He almost went to the Dullphins, so he has perspective on the situation that others may not have. So, I definitely respect his desire to be knowledgeable about the sport, and his ability to use that information to help the Steelers.

That being said......don't help anyone out! If another team has a fatal flaw, don't point it out for them.......let 'em wallow in their own stupidity! Honestly though, I really don't think this recent statement amounts to anything at all, and I seriously doubt the ownership of ANY team in the NFL would listen to anything that any player said on Twitter.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 10:22 AM
I dont see the problem. Clark is actually a well spoken guy with a wit about him that I enjoy.

So, if the Dolphins organization is a gong show for some reason, a guy is gonna tweet about it at times. Sapp said that guys used to call him about how the Raiders were as a team, when they were looking at free agency and Sapp said he told them dont do it.

He talks to much. Keep these types of things in house, and Warren Sapp is an idiot so comparing Clark to him just shows that we should be doing something different.

Sixburgher
03-19-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher.
Oh please. Porter ran his mouth nonstop. If Twitter were around at the time, I have no doubt he would've had diarrhea of the keyboard with it.

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh please. Porter ran his mouth nonstop. If Twitter were around at the time, I have no doubt he would've had diarrhea of the keyboard with it.2 years ago on nfl network they asked joey if he had a twitter account.

with a look as serious as a heart attack he said "do i look like i tweet?"

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2012, 10:43 AM
He talks to much. Keep these types of things in house, and Warren Sapp is an idiot so comparing Clark to him just shows that we should be doing something different.

Thats your opinion. I find Sapp to be hilarious and entertaining. A lot of Steeler fans hate on him for saying the defense was old and slow, I get it......but he was right.

Clark is an intelligent and well spoken man. NFL player rep and family man. I havent had a problem with a thing that he has tweeted yet. I dont know that he has said anything incorrect on twitter, so cant fault a man for free speech that isnt detrimental to his own team.

http://youtu.be/3-n6NTh_kH0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-n6NTh_kH0&feature=related

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 10:48 AM
Oh the horror! Ryan has really crossed the line with this twitter stuff now! I hope the Rooneys fire him immediately! :jerkit:

Steelers FS Ryan Clark Bashes Duke Via Twitter, Suspension Now In Order

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/19/2883904/steelers-ryan-clark-twitter-miami-dolphins

by Neal Coolong on Mar 19, 2012 9:01 AM EDT

In the most egregious display of opinionated rhetoric, Steelers FS Ryan Clark (Public Enemy No. 25) recently crossed all lines of decency.

But this time, it was a shot at a teammate. Sort of.

Putting class aside, Clark had the nerve to point out to Steelers TE Weslye Saunders, a fan of Duke University, its basketball team had lost to No. 15 seed Lehigh in the first round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament.

And Clark even went out of his way to point out he "liked Duke" at one point, but his reveling in the misery of Saunders, apparently a fan of the Blue Devils, shows just how tasteless Clark is.

It started with Saunders' Tweet, stating emphatically there was a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament that wouldn't lose, and that was Duke.

After Lehigh upset Duke 65-60, Clark added insult to Saunders' injury:

Oh the humanity.

Saunders pleads with Clark to stop the merciless attacks, but Clark continues on, kicking babies and puppies in third world countries while he rips into Saunders, Duke and the American Way of Life.

The crisis Clark started forced Internet hacks writing from basements all over the world to take Clark to the shed, writing their standard "I follow Twitter and Ryan Clark is Trending" boilerplate story.

Clark ended his weekend with a slightly less offensive Tweet, summarizing our need to constantly berate him like the outstanding societal watchdogs we are.

just don't understand who this man thinks he is.

:sofunny: (see link for offensive tweets)

Sixburgher
03-19-2012, 10:50 AM
2 years ago on nfl network they asked joey if he had a twitter account.

with a look as serious as a heart attack he said "do i look like i tweet?"

Not really the point. The assertion that was made is that this kind of thing wouldn't have happened under Cowher, when it more than likely would have. How quickly people forget Porter calling Kellen Winslow II a "fag" and like an idiot getting ejected for fighting prior to a game against the Browns. This illusion that the Steelers were so much more "disciplined" under Cowher is a crock, plain and simple.

Twentyvalve
03-19-2012, 11:08 AM
The thing about Twitter is that if you don't subscribe, then you don't expose yourself to them. So, just don't subscribe and skip all of the stories involving Twitter. For the record, I hate Twitter

http://http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/18/ryan-clark-says-no-one-wants-to-join-the-dolphins/

So why are the Dolphins having a hard time luring free agents to South Beach? Steelers safety Ryan Clark has a theory.

After Clark congratulated quarterback Matt Flynn on joining the Seahawks via Twitter, one of Clark’s followers writes that “NO ONE wants to go to the Dolphins!” Clark responds by saying, “No one! To believe I almost went there but it was easy decision not to.”

Clark was referring to his decision in 2010 to stay with the Steelers in lieu of joining the Dolphins.

So what’s the issue? Clark later says, “It’s my honest opinion. Not a good guy making decisions.”

Clark didn’t specifically say whether other players share his opinion, but it’s implied in the “No one!” tweet.

If it’s true, the Dolphins need to find a way to fix the situation. If it’s not true, the Dolphins need to find a way to reverse a false perception.

This is so annoying, this isn't the first time with this guy. Let own organizations deal with their own problems, don't speak publicly about it. God Mike Tomlin should enact a twitter policy, or just tell Clark to start acting to the class of the Steelers organization. He's also a marginal player at best, who is just a loudmouth.

Millers the sh!t
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
this thread sucks. Sounds like YOU are making something out of nothing. Looks like You're being well groomed my friend.

JCPsteelers
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Yeah I don't see the big deal here but I really don't pay much attention to Clark. Agree that he is a replaceable player and that Mundy isn't much of a downgrade.

MACH1
03-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh the horror! Ryan has really crossed the line with this twitter stuff now! I hope the Rooneys fire him immediately! :jerkit:

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/3/19/2883904/steelers-ryan-clark-twitter-miami-dolphins

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxamflMNyZ1r39vnto1_500.png

:chuckle:

austinfrench76
03-19-2012, 02:42 PM
I follow him on Twitter and he did nothing wrong! He asnwered a question honestly and some people got pissed. Who cares?? He looooovvvveeeeesss Twitter. At least he's not calling out a good team!

steelers33
03-19-2012, 04:11 PM

Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. :noidea: (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)

Ricco Suavez
03-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Walk away nothing to see here. I said "KEEP WALKING".

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. :noidea: (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)who the **** are you? when the hell are you going to shut up? so clark cant judge other football teams? why dont you focus on your work/school/family and quit judging football players? quit wasting time on the internet (just like you demand from ryan).

im sure theres a mop you need to push, a dr. seuss book you need to read, or parents calling that you need to answer.

get over it. all this "class" shit you talk is overrated myth and hyperbole anyways. i bet youre one of the steelerfans who think the steelers are above and beyond all other teams because of "class" and all 31 teams suck like thugs. :jerkit:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Walk away nothing to see here. I said "KEEP WALKING".

:coffee: Ric, I actually find this an interesting read with my morning coffee.
:computer: Now I am gonna go see what James Harrison is tweeting about on Bounty-gate.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2012, 04:52 PM
:sofunny:

jtbsteeler
03-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Yes, you wouldn't see this type of stuff under Cowher. Tomlin is more of a players coach, which is fine, but maybe he needs to reinforce what it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. This goes past the Miami Dolphins, who cares about them, it goes to discipline and professionalism which we are supposed to be all about.

You're right. You would experience more lost home AFCCG's and favoritism toward's veterans like Bettis who shouldve left three seasons before he did.

Yeah, Bill Cowher really knew how to rein in Joey Porter. Porter never fought on the field or yapped it up about other teams to the media. Porter never tried to fight Ray lewis in the parking lot. Noooo Joey Porter was a saint compared to Ryan Clark. Cowher, the messiah of team discipline. Get that chit out of here.

:banging::banging:

steelers33
03-19-2012, 05:29 PM
who the **** are you? when the hell are you going to shut up? so clark cant judge other football teams? why dont you focus on your work/school/family and quit judging football players? quit wasting time on the internet (just like you demand from ryan).

im sure theres a mop you need to push, a dr. seuss book you need to read, or parents calling that you need to answer.

get over it. all this "class" shit you talk is overrated myth and hyperbole anyways. i bet youre one of the steelerfans who think the steelers are above and beyond all other teams because of "class" and all 31 teams suck like thugs. :jerkit:

Lol, and I'm sure you can go back to your same old boring your not going anywhere life, but the Steelers are a passionate hobby of mine. I'm wasting my time on the internet because how? Its not like I was following the guy's twitter, I read this in a news story that is also in the USA today. It also looks like you spend a lot more of your time on these forums then I do, so if I'm wasting my life I don't know what you're doing man. Also I didn't know I'm the only one who perceived the Pittsburgh Steelers as a classy organization. Looks like years of media recognition, and the perception that the Steelers as one of the most outstanding classiest organizations in the NFL was all for not. Hell with your logic the Jets and Rex Ryan are just as classy as us! Also I'm a fan, so I can judge the players how I wish because thats what fans do. But Clark represents the Steelers. Your intelligence is laughable.:sofunny:

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Your an idiot and not seeing my point at all. I could care less Clark said something about the Dolphins or Duke. All I am saying is that I do not like unnecessary press related to our football team. Let the Jets, Redskins, and Cowboys take care of all that but I see the Steelers being better than that. We are a model NFL franchise, and it should stay that way. With that being said the recent trend of players like Clark saying anything they want doesn't bode well for our organization. We have to change this trend for the sake of this organization. How did it look for us last year when Harrison made those comments about our football team to that magazine? Not good, unnecessary press usually doesn't go well for a football team and just causes distractions . So even with little things like this, we have to start setting a standard to just keep quiet and play football like we have done so well in the past. Maybe you just don't have the mental capacity to understand this. :noidea: (Waits for you to respond with waaaahhhh)

Holy hell man, relax. Take a chill pill, eat some fiber crackers. Your overreacting to a degree that i'm unable to measure. We're not NEARLY as bad off with our players than some other teams out their, Jet's being one, and Clark was our best defensive player last year. What do you want to do? Spank them?? Trust me, we talked a hell of a lot more shit in the years we won the SuperBowl, and their wasn't any complaining then.

Also, lay off the personal attacks :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 05:32 PM
your vagina is equally laughable. clark speaks the truth. grow a pair and accept it, and quit acting like such a sensitive sissy-la-la.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
You're right. You would experience more lost home AFCCG's and favoritism toward's veterans like Bettis who shouldve left three seasons before he did.

Yeah, Bill Cowher really knew how to rein in Joey Porter. Porter never fought on the field or yapped it up about other teams to the media. Porter never tried to fight Ray lewis in the parking lot. Noooo Joey Porter was a saint compared to Ryan Clark. Cowher, the messiah of team discipline. Get that chit out of here.

:banging::banging:

Don't even try to argue that Tomlin is more of a disciplinarian than Cowher, never said Cowher was perfect but he definitely had more control over his players than Tomlin did.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Lol, and I'm sure you can go back to your same old boring your not going anywhere life, but the Steelers are a passionate hobby of mine. I'm wasting my time on the internet because how? Its not like I was following the guy's twitter, I read this in a news story that is also in the USA today. It also looks like you spend a lot more of your time on these forums then I do, so if I'm wasting my life I don't know what you're doing man. Also I didn't know I'm the only one who perceived the Pittsburgh Steelers as a classy organization. Looks like years of media recognition, and the perception that the Steelers as one of the most outstanding classiest organizations in the NFL was all for not. Hell with your logic the Jets and Rex Ryan are just as classy as us! Also I'm a fan, so I can judge the players how I wish because thats what fans do. But Clark represents the Steelers. Your intelligence is laughable.:sofunny:

This story was in U.S.A. Today? Really??

People obviously are running out of things to talk about, and with your logic, Joey Porter should have had his ass-wiped with gold as a member of COWHER'S Steelers team.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Don't even try to argue that Tomlin is more of a disciplinarian than Cowher, never said Cowher was perfect but he definitely had more control over his players than Tomlin did.

I'm citing this. I'd like you to prove it, if at all possible. Ben Roethlisberger once said that he was happy with Tomlin in the sense that he doesn't "get yelled at all the time", or something to the nature. That doesn't mean there's a lack of discipline, that just means the coach has a cool head and doesn't need to make an ass of himself to get a point across to his players. I'm glad Tomlin doesn't spit and flex his chin on the sidelines every time someone screw's up.

jtbsteeler
03-19-2012, 05:41 PM

You said "This wouldn't happen under Cowher" I begged to differ, and brought facts to the table. If Cowher wouldve stayed, Joey Porter wouldve gotten an extension and stayed too.

YOu said nothing about who was more of a disciplinarian.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 05:43 PM
I'm waiting for the "hire Cowher" thread.

I just find it funny that "Cowher kept his players in line" when he had Joey Porter on the roster. I loved Joey Porter, but it's obvious to me that's he was definitely attracting more negative attention then than a majority of our players now ever do. Also funny how Porter was gone the minute Tomlin stepped in.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 05:46 PM
There's not a law that states that players can't publicly speak out against other organizations and their players. That being said, Clark didn't do anything to warrant a punishment even IF a law was present, and the thought of Tomlin not being enough of a disciplinarian to step in and do something is laughable.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm waiting for the "hire Cowher" thread.

I just find it funny that "Cowher kept his players in line" when he had Joey Porter on the roster. I loved Joey Porter, but it's obvious to me that's he was definitely attracting more negative attention then than a majority of our players now ever do. Also funny how Porter was gone the minute Tomlin stepped in.

I never remembered Joey Porter calling the commissioner the devil, and blasting his own teammates behind their back to some random magazine. Also I'm pretty sure Porter was cut due to decreasing performance and we had Harrison in waiting. And I never said Tomlin was a bad coach, I just said maybe he has to do something to stop players like Clark from creating unnecessary press for this football team. There has been a noticeable trend of this from these past few years, and all I'm saying is that it should be reversed to upkeep the reputation of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But no I guess I'm just freaking out like a little sensitive kid, because I make valid intellectual points. Funny.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 06:09 PM
You said "This wouldn't happen under Cowher" I begged to differ, and brought facts to the table. If Cowher wouldve stayed, Joey Porter wouldve gotten an extension and stayed too.

YOu said nothing about who was more of a disciplinarian.

Yes it would not have happened under Cowher, because Cowher would bring more discipline to things like this in general.

Steel95
03-19-2012, 06:14 PM
His mouth has become more of a distraction than his play on the field. I agree, I'm sick of this guy. :tt03:

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I never remembered Joey Porter calling the commissioner the devil, and blasting his own teammates behind their back to some random magazine. Also I'm pretty sure Porter was cut due to decreasing performance and we had Harrison in waiting. And I never said Tomlin was a bad coach, I just said maybe he has to do something to stop players like Clark from creating unnecessary press for this football team. There has been a noticeable trend of this from these past few years, and all I'm saying is that it should be reversed to upkeep the reputation of the Pittsburgh Steelers. But no I guess I'm just freaking out like a little sensitive kid, because I make valid intellectual points. Funny.

Valid intellectual point, eh?

It doesn't matter who Harrison's comments are directed towards, and you'd be making a complete idiot of yourself if you we're to sit here and try and tell me Porter isn't as vocal of a player as Harrison. Harrison is know for his hit's, which a largely thought of as a mere bump compared to the hit's supplied in the REAL NFL before Goodell. Porters always been know for his mouth and the penalties that came with it, under Cowher's leadership.

You said the Cowher "wouldn't allow this to have happened" as our head coach, when in fact, he did. Porter was a FAR worse mouth than any current Steeler I can think of, and he got off the hook without discipline from Cowher several times, even when he was disciplined by the NFL.

Tomlin can, will and has disciplined this team.

steelers33
03-19-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm citing this. I'd like you to prove it, if at all possible. Ben Roethlisberger once said that he was happy with Tomlin in the sense that he doesn't "get yelled at all the time", or something to the nature. That doesn't mean there's a lack of discipline, that just means the coach has a cool head and doesn't need to make an ass of himself to get a point across to his players. I'm glad Tomlin doesn't spit and flex his chin on the sidelines every time someone screw's up.

I don't have to prove anything. You've seen the proof over the past three years with just stupid press the Steelers are getting that they shouldn't be getting. Also Cowher did have Porter controlled, but maybe gave him a little more slack due to Porter's performance and he wanted the defense to have a certain image. Don't be so stupid to look at just one player under Cowher, overall between the Cowher era and the Tomlin era there has been more unneeded press under Tomlin that you just wouldn't see with Cowher. This does not mean Tomlin is bad, he is actually very good, but maybe he needs to fix this trend to upkeep the reputation of the Steelers established by the two coaches before him. Your not the smartest mod I've ever seen.

Millers the sh!t
03-19-2012, 06:24 PM

I disagree a bit. I'd like to see a little passion out of tomlin. I think most of us would like to see him get up in someones ass once and a while.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I don't have to prove anything. You've seen the proof over the past three years with just stupid press the Steelers are getting that they shouldn't be getting. Also Cowher did have Porter controlled, but maybe gave him a little more slack due to Porter's performance and he wanted the defense to have a certain image. Don't be so stupid to look at just one player under Cowher, overall between the Cowher era and the Tomlin era there has been more unneeded press under Tomlin that you just wouldn't see with Cowher. This does not mean Tomlin is bad, he is actually very good, but maybe he needs to fix this trend to upkeep the reputation of the Steelers established by the two coaches before him. Your not the smartest mod I've ever seen.

"but maybe gave him a little more slack"

Quick to make excuses, I see.

I find it funny that the Jet's locker room is falling apart and the locker room was at one point fighting each other, but the Steelers twitter comments make U.S.A. today. If that doesn't show that the media has a hard on for everything the Pittsburgh Steelers do, nothing does. Harrison is far better with his mouth than Porter was when he was a player, and I happen to agree with almost everything Harrison has to say. Players should be aloud to speak their mind. If it was up to you they'd be fined for operating a twitter account :chuckle:

If your brain was dynamite, you wouldn't enough to blow your nose :wink02:

Always got to include the insults with your discussion, don't you?

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 06:29 PM
I disagree a bit. I'd like to see a little passion out of tomlin. I think most of us would like to see him get up in someones ass once and a while.

I seen a lot of it in '08 and 2010, both years we made it to the Super Bowl. Just have to have the fire, I guess :hunch:

I definitely wouldn't mind a little passion and excitement on his end, but it wasn't exactly their on the field. That's one reason I always liked Porter. He fired that team up like no other player.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Tomlin can, has and will discipline players on this team if he feels it's needed. He put Marcus Gilbert on the bench for a game this year because he couldn't make a team meeting for Christs sake. Wouldn't you think he'd do something with these Twitter terrorists, if they are indeed that? That's what some people'd have you believe. Tomlin has made some odd decisions as a coach this year as far as game plan, but I won't begin to say he needs to step up his discipline on these guys. Clark's twitter comment was a dose of reality, and players like Harrison speak the truth annually on their outlets. Don't make a bigger deal out of it than the media already has. I swear Santonio Holmes could give a blunt to a child in front of an officer and the Steelers tweets would make headlines.

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 07:24 PM
appearantly ryan clark is laughing off the suggestions of people like steelers33 (like the most of us) and is back at it again-

ryan clark‏@RealRClark25

Thank you Mr. Cleveland Browns fan. You have enough to be upset about. God bless RT @BryanReedy: @RealRClark You suck and so does your team.

:shout:- FIRE RYAN!!! "he possibly hurt a brownfans feelings!"

Sixburgher
03-19-2012, 08:06 PM
I never remembered Joey Porter calling the commissioner the devil, and blasting his own teammates behind their back to some random magazine.

I don't remember Harrison or any other Steeler getting ejected from a game (which actually hurts the team) before the opening kickoff for getting into a fight with an opposing player like a jackass during Tomlin's tenure.

Please give the sanctimonious "this wouldn't have happened under Cowher" bullshit a rest already.

harrison'samonster
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
the patriots talk about how classy they are. the patriots are cheaters.

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 08:12 PM
most steelerfans who think the steelers are SOOOO classy have also cited the saints as another "classy" franchise. :coffee:

most opponents teams fans think the steelers are a bunch of classless cheating thugs.

"classy" is nothing but a catchphrase fans like to throw around to try and make themselves feel good and better than the opponents fans they try to run smack on.

point is every teams fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL. i'll argue with them all day, but still...

QCbeauBlak
03-19-2012, 09:55 PM
One thing no one has pointed out is the amount of exposure the players are getting. Compared to even half a decade ago, these guys are getting more face time then ever. The NFL is booming like never before. Twitter is still relatively NEW. So is facebook. So is the NFL Network (and they're just finally coming into their own over the last 3 seasons) So is TMZ and other venues that do nothing but troll for news that 10 years ago was dusted under the rug and no one cared. Today, everyone is all in these guys business 24/7. Cowher didn't have to deal with twitter or a lot of this mess. And as "classy" as this team is, we are also a tough team that no one wants to play. I think it fits our mold to be able to talk smack, but in a way that isn't tasteless.

One more point, there is a really good chance we will see Ryan Clark in communications in some form or fashion when his playing days are over. He spends extensive time with ESPN and the NFL Network in the offseasons on many shows, sometimes for multiple segments at a time. Whenever there is a hot button issue, the media often seeks out Ryan because he can deliver a well thought out, and well spoken responses. If anyone on this team is going to be the spokesmen to the press and to represent this team, i'd elect Ryan.. your response can't be, "no one should say anything." That's just not a reality in this day and age.

Millers the sh!t
03-19-2012, 10:40 PM
One thing no one has pointed out is the amount of exposure the players are getting. Compared to even half a decade ago, these guys are getting more face time then ever. The NFL is booming like never before. Twitter is still relatively NEW. So is facebook. So is the NFL Network (and they're just finally coming into their own over the last 3 seasons) So is TMZ and other venues that do nothing but troll for news that 10 years ago was dusted under the rug and no one cared. Today, everyone is all in these guys business 24/7. Cowher didn't have to deal with twitter or a lot of this mess. And as "classy" as this team is, we are also a tough team that no one wants to play. I think it fits our mold to be able to talk smack, but in a way that isn't tasteless.

One more point, there is a really good chance we will see Ryan Clark in communications in some form or fashion when his playing days are over. He spends extensive time with ESPN and the NFL Network in the offseasons on many shows, sometimes for multiple segments at a time. Whenever there is a hot button issue, the media often seeks out Ryan because he can deliver a well thought out, and well spoken responses. If anyone on this team is going to be the spokesmen to the press and to represent this team, i'd elect Ryan.. your response can't be, "no one should say anything." That's just not a reality in this day and age.

I agree with both paragraphs here.

I've heard Ryan in a few Interviews and the kid speaks well, and real smooth. Gives good answers and also speaks the truth with out too much or too little "political correctness" I hope to see him on tv in the future

For what it's worth I feel the same way about Rodney Harrison. Though, He lost A LOT of cool points with me when he started bad mouthing James Harrison about illegal hits. It reminded me he's just an NFL tool and no longer the steroid using helmet to helmet hitting, horse collaring, tackling by the facemask, late hitting, and full of class New England Patriot player he made his name off of.

Wallace108
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
I hate seeing Steelers fans fight over stupid stuff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if their opinion is wrong. :chuckle:

steelers33
03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
most steelerfans who think the steelers are SOOOO classy have also cited the saints as another "classy" franchise. :coffee:

most opponents teams fans think the steelers are a bunch of classless cheating thugs.

"classy" is nothing but a catchphrase fans like to throw around to try and make themselves feel good and better than the opponents fans they try to run smack on.

point is every teams fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL. i'll argue with them all day, but still...

So Jets fans think they root for the classiest organization in the NFL, I don't think so. I'm not talking about how the Steelers are viewed on how they play football, but things non-football related that shouldn't make the press. You're also pretty wrong on that there isn't a general perception of the classiest organizations in the NFL. I'd say the Packers are classier than the Jets, but I'm wrong according to your logic. Then again your a moron, so I don't even know why I am using your logic.

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I'd prefer that Ryan just focus on the Steelers and not worry so much about what other teams are doing.ryan has been spending the entire offseason either training in arizona or spending time with family. in addition to watching film, he has spent about every day of non mandatory off time focusing on the steelers. many people wish that harrison, keisel, hoke, and legursky not hunt. other people wish baron batch not paint with acrylics and spend so much time bashing characters of "The Walking Dead". people on this board would absolutely flip their lids and go bezerk if they realized the type of social lives players like ALL of our young o-line, CB's, wes saunders, william gay, and WR corps had.

saying these players need to shut it down to focus more on the steelers is kinda like saying we should shut this message board down so WE CAN ALL focus more on our jobs and families.

I hate seeing Steelers fans fight over stupid stuff. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Even if their opinion is wrong. :chuckle:

^^^^ another "classy" steeler fan. :wink02:

i think im in the majority when i say id rather bash non twitter using dickweeds like suggs, lewis, and brady as opposed to harrison and clark.

:tt02:

tony hipchest
03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
Then again your a moron, so I don't even know why I am using your logic.

youve already been warned once....

if you cant make a point w/o the repeated personal attacks, then i will make it for you and ban your ass for 30 days.

:sun:

(consider this twice)

Wallace108
03-20-2012, 12:03 AM
ryan has been spending the entire offseason either training in arizona or spending time with family. in addition to watching film, he has spent about every day of non mandatory off time focusing on the steelers. many people wish that harrison, keisel, hoke, and legursky not hunt. other people wish baron batch not paint with acrylics and spend so much time bashing characters of "The Walking Dead". people on this board would absolutely flip their lids and go bezerk if they realized the type of social lives players like ALL of our young o-line, CB's, wes saunders, william gay, and WR corps had.

saying these players need to shut it down to focus more on the steelers is kinda like saying we should shut this message board down so WE CAN ALL focus more on our jobs and families.
I wasn't suggesting that Ryan isn't properly preparing for next season. Of course players are allowed to do what they want away from football. But there's an old expression ... mind your own business. I didn't say that what he said was wrong or that he doesn't have a right to say it. But we got smacked by Tebow and the Broncos in the playoffs last season. I'd rather Ryan focus on the state of the Steelers rather than the state of the Dolphins. You're only as good as your last game. And in the last game, the Steelers, especially the defense, sucked. Just as he's making fun of the Dolphins, last January, the Steelers were the laughing-stock of the league after losing to Tebow. So like I said ... I'd prefer that he mind his own business and focus on winning No. 7.

In all honesty though, this is far from a big deal. But it gives us non-draftniks something to discuss during the offseason.

EDIT: Oh, one more thing ... you're a moron. :sofunny:

tony hipchest
03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
so ive been told... :countdown:

Wallace108
03-20-2012, 12:34 AM
so ive been told... :countdown:

I know you're slow, so I thought I'd reinforce it. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/3798349058.gif

ricardisimo
03-20-2012, 03:00 AM
I know you're slow, so I thought I'd reinforce it. http://r28.imgfast.net/users/2815/14/51/45/smiles/3798349058.gif
Tony is old, slow, and it's over.

Bayz101
03-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Tony is old, slow, and it's over.

LayingTheWoodley56
03-20-2012, 09:26 AM

How is he a marginal player? He went to the Pro Bowl last year, is known as one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the game, has appeared in two Super Bowls as a key cog of our defense, and is certainly not a loudmouth; the exact opposite, in fact, he is very well-spoken. Sure, he is opinionated and I do disagree with his decision to call out another team's front office so publicly, but like others said above me, you're making something out of nothing here.

wera176
03-20-2012, 11:41 AM
"How is he a marginal player? He went to the Pro Bowl last year, is known as one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the game, has appeared in two Super Bowls as a key cog of our defense, and is certainly not a loudmouth; the exact opposite, in fact, he is very well-spoken. Sure, he is opinionated and I do disagree with his decision to call out another team's front office so publicly, but like others said above me, you're making something out of nothing here. "

^This.

How spoiled are we Steeler fans when someone can even THINK Clark is a marginal player? He was the leading tackler on the NFL's best defense. WTH else can the guy do? Sure, he made mistakes, so did every player in the NFL last season.... There is 11 guys on the other side of the field whose job it is to make you not do yours as well as you want to...

When we have players attacking people in casino parking lots, then we can compare coaches control over the players.... :D

steeltheone
03-20-2012, 02:42 PM
How is he a marginal player? He went to the Pro Bowl last year, is known as one of the hardest-hitting safeties in the game, has appeared in two Super Bowls as a key cog of our defense, and is certainly not a loudmouth; the exact opposite, in fact, he is very well-spoken. Sure, he is opinionated and I do disagree with his decision to call out another team's front office so publicly, but like others said above me, you're making something out of nothing here.

While a good player, he is far from a Pro Bowler...Can't cover ...Ask Joe Flacco

Dalarin
03-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah I don't see the big deal here but I really don't pay much attention to Clark. Agree that he is a replaceable player and that Mundy isn't much of a downgrade.

Led the team in tackles last year and prevents receivers from making catches in the slot because of how hard he hits. Yeah a career backup is just as good as he is and we won't see any downfall if we rid ourselves of Clark.