PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Steelers?

finesward
03-19-2012, 06:56 PM
First off... :sofunny::chuckle::flap::rofl::toofunny:

With that said, just thought I might as well be the one who brings this up now that Denver will be releasing thy blessed #15.

Personally, I would rather have Jamarcus Russel on the roster then that doucheturd. Hell I'd rather have Brady Quinn being our #2. The list goes on. I hope nobody picks him up so he can end his career and start his own church somewhere.

ShutDown24
03-19-2012, 06:58 PM
:banging:

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 07:00 PM
:banging: :monkey:

StainlessStill
03-19-2012, 07:05 PM
My stomach just dropped in my shitpants with anger.:banging::mad::banging::doh:

Curtain_of_Steel
03-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Well I can honestly say I would rather NOT have Russell on the roster period. Tebow has no value to us, he will go to a Florida team. Either the Fins or Jags. It doesn;t matter, he cuaght lightening in a bottle this past year, I dont think history will repeat. Unfortunately as he is a good guy, just wish a little less publically thankful. If God is listening, he doesn;t need you on the podium to hear you better than if you say it privately.

PhantomJB93
03-19-2012, 07:31 PM
If he came at the right price, why not? Obviously one of these teams is going to trade a lot more than we can afford for him so it won't happen. But hypothetically, if we could get him for like a 4th round pick, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I'd even give up Mendy for him considering he'll be in a contract year, probably won't be resigned, and won't even play to start the season. Considering our backup QB situation right now, and the fact that Ben probably won't be able to play as late into his career as most QBs, it's not really all that outrageous an idea.

Honestly I've always felt a lot of the Tebow hate was uncalled for. People knew going into the draft he wasn't meant to be a day 1 starter and had a lot of stuff to work on. But the dude has all the upside in the world, and in the right situation (IE not starting him for at least the next two years and just having him learn), he could still be great. I think if he ends up in Jacksonville or Miami, his career is doomed, but if he ends up in New England where he can study under Belicheat and Brady he could turn into something special.

Anybody who still says he will never make it in the NFL obviously paid no attention to him shred our beloved Steelers apart a few months ago. Say all you want about our secondary or our injuries, but I will tell you right now the throws he made that day were the throws of a legitimate NFL quarterback. He just hasn't been able to do that consistently.

Bayz101
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Listen, I don't care for J. Russel, but i'd take Tebow in a heartbeat as a back up over him, lol.

Steel_Bus_24
03-19-2012, 07:40 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view3/1244612/wolverine-bitches-o.gif

Curtain_of_Steel
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
4th rd pick? I would not give a 7th. Steelers can draft pretty dam good. I rather take a QB later in the round to sit under Ben. I dont need the distraction and if you think Bens gives out Oline problems, Tebow would killthem before the Def would kill Tebow, lol

tanda10506
03-19-2012, 07:45 PM
As FB? lol

LVSteelersfan
03-19-2012, 07:49 PM
I know this thread was meant as a joke. What I find amazing is there are actually people out there who actually think it is a good idea. Regardless of what Tebow did to the Steelers last year, he is not an NFL caliber QB by any stretch. It was just stupidity of a defensive game plan and some lucky throws that Tebow couldn't make again if he tried.

TRH
03-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Word is coming out of Boston that Belichik is very interested in maybe bringing him to NE for special plays and backup purposes.
Other hot rumors include Miami and Jax. Look for a darkhorse candidate such as the Browns or Vikings (whom both could use the frenzy and excitement) for their crumbling franchises.

PhantomJB93
03-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I know this thread was meant as a joke. What I find amazing is there are actually people out there who actually think it is a good idea. Regardless of what Tebow did to the Steelers last year, he is not an NFL caliber QB by any stretch. It was just stupidity of a defensive game plan and some lucky throws that Tebow couldn't make again if he tried.

He's not an NFL caliber QB NOW, but we're not saying to trade Ben for him. A lot of people want to draft a backup QB in rounds 4-7 this year, why would it be so outrageous (hypothetically) to acquire Tebow for that same price and use him as a backup. I find it amazing that so many people refuse to even say he has the slightest chance to make it with that work ethic and skillset if he works at it a few years instead of starting right this second.

finesward
03-19-2012, 09:05 PM
First off I totally did mean for this thread to be a joke...but knowing this site I knew I'd at least get a discussion of the possibility of him coming here.

With that said, I don't care how much upswing the guy has....bringing him in will be nothing but a major distraction and pain in the ass for whatever club he signs on with. I don't care if we could pick him up without giving a draft pick, I'd still rather develop a guy who isn't going to be praying on the sideline and dividing the locker room. Honestly I felt like the league was better without him. Nobody wants to turn on NFL network and see 3 hours of discussion about any one player, especially when that player is so quick to credit a flying spaghetti monster for his success rather then the teammates that did the real legwork.

LVSteelersfan
03-19-2012, 09:36 PM
No Tebow. Please. Don't like him. Don't like the distractions he brings with him. Not because of his religious beliefs. Because I don't think he will amount to anything work ethic or not. A QB has to have good mechanics and accuracy in the NFL. He has neither.

Fire Arians
03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
only if he's playing running back

LVSteelersfan
03-19-2012, 09:57 PM

Slash II ????? :chuckle:

Dalarin
03-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Well I can honestly say I would rather NOT have Russell on the roster period. Tebow has no value to us, he will go to a Florida team. Either the Fins or Jags. It doesn;t matter, he cuaght lightening in a bottle this past year, I dont think history will repeat. Unfortunately as he is a good guy, just wish a little less publically thankful. If God is listening, he doesn;t need you on the podium to hear you better than if you say it privately.

All 3 FL teams are practically giving tickets away and #15 (the second coming) sells out stadiums in Florida just to speak. Just what the doctor ordered.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Ok I may regret this. As its late, my eyes are blurry.

But ALL 3 FL teams? Did we ad a florida team a side from the Fins and Jags? lol

I did just go over the standings and obviously the 3rd unknown team would definately not sell out, lol. Since no one woould know who they are, lol

TRH
03-19-2012, 10:15 PM
don't forget the Pats. Belichik is very hot on this guy and i heard a few times today from analysts that said they're already discussing in New England about how and why they could bring him in.

That said....the FL teams and a couple darkhorse candidates like the Browns are all good possibilities. He'll land somewhere. It's also possible he could stay in Denver as a backup. That was discussed too. What if Manning goes down on the 1st series or something?

ETL
03-19-2012, 10:21 PM
Josh McDaniels in New England has a man-crush on Tebow... I agree with a previous poster -he looks NE bound.

(the last thing that Mike Mularkey wants in Jax is a distraction like Tebow. Philbin in Miami feels the same way)

PhantomJB93
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Ok I may regret this. As its late, my eyes are blurry.

But ALL 3 FL teams? Did we ad a florida team a side from the Fins and Jags? lol

I did just go over the standings and obviously the 3rd unknown team would definately not sell out, lol. Since no one woould know who they are, lol

Tampa Bay (although I'm pretty sure they're still committed to Josh Freeman as their QB)

Millers the sh!t
03-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I'd like to thank my lord and savior Jesus Christ that this is just a joke.

A few notes though.. I'd rather Tebow than russel or quinn.

Here's my prediction..... Tebow will be in Miami or Jax being some hybrid FB/QB/RB/TE crazy shit, then working the broadcast booth in 2-3 years.

How the hell did this thread get 3 pages of responses?

Steel Peon
03-20-2012, 12:09 AM
:thumbsup:

Sean95m
03-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Manning won't make it past week 5. Tebow will be a back up for the Jag-offs. So no chance of any deja-vu for the Steelers next seaon come playoff time. Thank you John Elway!

steelermount
03-20-2012, 05:42 AM
15 minutes of fame..bye now. Don't get me wrong I like tebow ...fun to watch seems like a good guy..but he won't ever get lucky against an injury ridden uncoached and unprepaired steelers team ever again..still can't believe that happend!@$$#@ but ah...Nah we don't need him or want him.

Darthslayrr
03-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Make him a FB/TE and backup QB, can't be any worse than DJ

IamTheSteelGod
03-20-2012, 07:36 AM
I think we should sign Tebow if we had the funds and the space! Just so Harrison can stop on him in traning.

LayingTheWoodley56
03-20-2012, 10:37 AM
Well Tebow would definitely represent an upgrade at the backup QB position for us, he's not worth the circus he would bring, especially not if we have to give something up for him (as opposed to, say, signing him as a free agent.) I'm sure we could get use him in some creative packages, a la Randle El, but at the end of the day it's not worth it.

ebsteelers
03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
well if ya cant beat him, have him join you..

the steelers fans of all teams are in no place to make jokes about timmy "jesus" tebow after they way he diaherraed on our secondary.

TRH
03-20-2012, 01:34 PM

the steelers fans of all teams are in no place to make jokes about timmy "jesus" tebow after they way he diaherraed on our secondary.

well, its hard to argue with that. He and his team absolutely humiliated us in the last game....and people are talking s***. Funny.

Steeldude
03-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Just remember, the Steelers had their own Tebow for years. His name was Kordell. At least the Broncos didn't make him the starter for 5+ years and give him a raise like some team we know. :doh:

ben2hines=6
03-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Listen i hate that P Boy tebow just like everybody else but think this through... Pittsburgh Steelers football has always had its pride pounding the football in short yardage situations and near the goal line... Spending a 6th round pick on a guy that can pound the ball when called upon and be atleast a respectable back up...He wont be playing, the coaches will be working with him and the guy does pull some magical B S out of his ass when he gets called upon.... Im sayin throw a 6th at the broncos and see what they say

truesteelerfan
03-20-2012, 02:01 PM
I LOVE Tebow and everything about him that he stands for...BUT I don't see a place for him on our team. We are set at QB IMO...Ben, Lefty or Batch, and hopefully Troy Smith....

ben2hines=6
03-20-2012, 02:11 PM
U cant be serious. We are set at QB IMO...Ben, Lefty or Batch, and hopefully Troy Smith....

Fire Arians
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM

in a way i'm disappointed that manning went to denver. i was looking forward to the rematch in 2012 to prove that last game was a fluke.

Lokki
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
As FB? lol

This! :tt:

BengalDestroyer
03-20-2012, 08:12 PM
first off lmfao
secondly anyone see that dave letterman skit...? kind of funny
thirdly called when he was drafted - first round fullback
and yeah I guess I would give up a sixth for a fb..

zcoop
03-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Just remember, the Steelers had their own Tebow for years. His name was Kordell. At least the Broncos didn't make him the starter for 5+ years and give him a raise like some team we know. :doh:

Tebags couldn't carry Kordell's jock.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Picture this.....

Steelers play Broncos in the first game.

Manning gets the call in, its a run play. Manning is feeling his oats, checks the play down and wanst to go long to Ikes side with Thomas...(why not start where it ended right)

Harrison is licking his chops, thinking "one hit is all I need"

Hike

Harrison breaks through plants Manning like that football in the Dolphins game rain soaked game on the punt....

Of course 8 yellow flags come out from 6 refs, Goodell doesnt wait for the game to end to suspend Harrison.

Manning taps out takes the 18million and says thank you.

JCPsteelers
03-21-2012, 12:17 PM
Amused that people would rather want Jamarcus Russell after Tebow clowned the number one defense in the playoff game. Here's something I do know: Russell would have never thrown for 316 yds against Steelers defense.

StainlessStill
03-21-2012, 12:46 PM
Amused that people would rather want Jamarcus Russell after Tebow clowned the number one defense in the playoff game. Here's something I do know: Russell would have never thrown for 316 yds against Steelers defense.

We also would of never played JaMarcus Russell like a 4th grade school boy throwing pass's to his buddy during recces either. Our gameplan was f*cking pathetic and was the reason why Tebow had success. I mean, he only completed 10 balls for 316 yards? Yeah, something's wrong there because Tebow didn't go from Dan Marino overnight, to Ryan Leaf in one week for a reason.

MasterOfPuppets
03-21-2012, 01:38 PM
We also would of never played JaMarcus Russell like a 4th grade school boy throwing pass's to his buddy during recces either. Our gameplan was f*cking pathetic and was the reason why Tebow had success. I mean, he only completed 10 balls for 316 yards? Yeah, something's wrong there because Tebow didn't go from Dan Marino overnight, to Ryan Leaf in one week for a reason.
exactly. the steelers were so worried about him running the ball , they completely forgot that forward passes were still legal. the really sad part is , despite being burnt , they stuck with it till the end ...:doh:

Fire Arians
03-21-2012, 01:43 PM
jets just picked him up for a 2 low round draft picks. good trade actually, the jets need jesus to save their locker room lol

Steeldude
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Tebags couldn't carry Kordell's jock.

I would take Tebow over Kordell any day of the week. At least I won't see Tebow crying like a brat on the sidelines. :rofl:

Fire Arians
03-21-2012, 02:32 PM
I would take Tebow over Kordell any day of the week. At least I won't see Tebow crying like a brat on the sidelines. :rofl:

kordell stewart could at least complete 50% of his passes. as much criticism as this guy got, he took the team to several AFC championship games, something tebow will NEVER do

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Stupid trade by the Jets, but what else do you expect.

Now they have 2 NFL QB's, that cant run an NFL offense. Great move Ryan! Bringing in god in the form of a back up QB? thats not going to help the Jets.

A 4th rd pick in this draft isn't exactly a throw away pick. 6th straight up wouldve been about it. At least the Tebow to the Steelers crap can stop.

Fire Arians
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
sanchez at least has a chance of running a real offense, tebow no. unless they brought him in to play linebacker or some shit?

StainlessStill
03-21-2012, 03:26 PM

http://www.jerseyjetsfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Tim-Tebow.jpg

StainlessStill
03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
sanchez at least has a chance of running a real offense, tebow no. unless they brought him in to play linebacker or some shit?

This is the NFL and reports indicated that Bill Bellichick was indeed, interested in Teblow. I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan got a whiff of it and needed to do anything that was possible to get Teblow off the market so he wouldn't land in New England, that's just the way the business works. I don't think even the Jets know what the hell to do with him because Denver sure as hell didn't, hence, the swift kick in the ass out of the door.

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Sanchez has to have a bad feeling knowing his coach wants another QB. Soon he has to realize hes second fiddle and will be replaced.

StainlessStill
03-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Sanchez has to have a bad feeling knowing his coach wants another QB. Soon he has to realize hes second fiddle and will be replaced.

Reports are now saying a void within the language of the trading contract could derail Tebow's movement to the Jets. The St.Louis Rams may land Tebow. Stay tuned.

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Reports are now saying a void within the language of the trading contract could derail Tebow's movement to the Jets. The St.Louis Rams may land Tebow. Stay tuned.

Say it isnt so.......when will it ever end! :banging:

zcoop
03-21-2012, 07:12 PM
kordell stewart could at least complete 50% of his passes. as much criticism as this guy got, he took the team to several AFC championship games, something tebow will NEVER do

My point, exactly. Some folks on this board are so transparent.

LVSteelersfan
03-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank you lord. Now the hated Jets have two of the worst NFL QBs in the league on one team. This should derail them even more than they already are. Word is the deal did finally go through.

Steeldude
03-28-2012, 04:51 AM

He didn't take them anywhere but down. Kordell was a cancer the team had to overcome each week. Kordell saved his worst for the post-season :thumbsup:

As for his 50%, he didn't really throw much over 3 yards :chuckle:

TRH
03-28-2012, 10:18 AM
He didn't take them anywhere but down. Kordell was a cancer the team had to overcome each week. Kordell saved his worst for the post-season :thumbsup:

As for his 50%, he didn't really throw much over 3 yards :chuckle:

agreed.
Kordell was AWFUL and was stressful to have around