PDA

View Full Version : The Official Mike Wallace Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

pete74
07-09-2012, 03:47 AM
I would rather trade him now for a 1st round pick or even another good young player rather then lose him in free agency and gain nothing.

mesaSteeler
07-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I would rather trade him now for a 1st round pick or even another good young player rather then lose him in free agency and gain nothing.

I agree. It's seems clear that little mikey wants to be a star instead of a Steeler. He is not worth breaking the bank for.

ricardisimo
07-09-2012, 01:03 PM
If there's a realistic threat of a holdout, then trading starts to look really attractive. My prediction that Wallace would be gone after last season still has legs after all.

Steelersfan87
07-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Teams already had their opportunity to give up a first round pick for him. That ship has probably sailed.

steelfury02
07-09-2012, 02:23 PM
with our team's knack of selecting Day 1 contributors and future starters in the middle to late rounds, I wouldn't be all that heartbroken to see him go for 2nd, 3rd, 4th rd picks. That to me, would still be a good deal. Thoughts?

Do I want him gone? No - but if it happened I could live with that sort of deal.

Steelboy84
07-09-2012, 08:01 PM
keep him and pay him

Hawaii 5-0
07-12-2012, 01:10 AM
NFL Rumors: Mike Wallace Might Hold Out Well Into Training Camp

Published: 7/11/12 by Clyde A. Speller

http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/pittsburgh-steelers/files/2012/07/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mike-Wallace-TD-vs-Lions.jpg

After months of constant waiting, Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace still hasn’t received a long-term offer from the Steelers’ front office.

The deadline has come and gone for Wallace to sign the first-round tender offer, and Pittsburgh has decided not to decrease the $2.77 million that was put on the table.

The Pro Bowl receiver should be grateful that the tender offer wasn’t cut significantly, and should jump at the chance to take what is given to him. Wallace needs to realize that after this season, the probability of more veterans, such as Ryan Clark and Casey Hampton, being released to make room for younger talent are high. This will add more money to the salary cap, and in turn give general manager Kevin Colbert and the rest of the front office more money to give to Wallace in the long-term deal that he is wanting.

If you ask me, the way things are looking right now, Wallace won’t get his long-term deal until next season, assuming that he has the common sense to sign the tender and prove that he is worth more money this season.

Wallace not looking at the big picture will definitely hurt the team as a whole. His potential absence from training camp will make it more difficult to absorb a new playbook, and mess up the chemistry between him and Ben Roethlisberger. In addition, it will cripple one-half of one of the best receiving tandems from last season with fellow receiver Antonio Brown.

Already hurting at the running back position, the Steelers will need as much help as possible on offense, and Wallace gracing the team with his presence would be very helpful.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/nfl_rumors_mike_wallace_might_hold_out_well_into_t raining_camp/11201089

Rick5895
07-12-2012, 03:11 AM
It is starting to appear as though Mikey doesn't want to be a Steeler. If they can get a team(NFC) to bite for a 2nd round pick then they should let him go. He is going to be more of a distraction as this wears on.

Ironman55
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't know. I would rather keep playing the game we are playing. He wanted to test restricted free agency ... we slap a 1st round tender on him .. no offers ... He is threatening a hold out ... we are not budging. Even if he wants to try free agency next year, he need to have a productive 2012 so he can get the money he is looking for. He will have to sign the tender at some point in order to play this year so he will report at some point. If he waits too long, he will fall behnd Antonio and the gand as far as playbook knowledge. That won't help his 2012 #'s at all. His best bet is to sign now, get in camp, and learn the playbook fast. He may see some good money next year and stay with this Super Bowl contending team that is getting younger by the year.

He is no Larry Fitzgerald but he is a speedy receiver with good hands. I am not counting on Sanders just yet because of his injury issues. When I see him last for a while with good production, I will throw him into the mix. Until that happens, we are actually a little vulnerable at WR.

Get in camp Mike!! We could use you and you could certainly use us!!

xbroughneck
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't know. I would rather keep playing the game we are playing. He wanted to test restricted free agency ... we slap a 1st round tender on him .. no offers ... He is threatening a hold out ... we are not budging. Even if he wants to try free agency next year, he need to have a productive 2012 so he can get the money he is looking for. He will have to sign the tender at some point in order to play this year so he will report at some point. If he waits too long, he will fall behnd Antonio and the gand as far as playbook knowledge. That won't help his 2012 #'s at all. His best bet is to sign now, get in camp, and learn the playbook fast. He may see some good money next year and stay with this Super Bowl contending team that is getting younger by the year.

He is no Larry Fitzgerald but he is a speedy receiver with good hands. I am not counting on Sanders just yet because of his injury issues. When I see him last for a while with good production, I will throw him into the mix. Until that happens, we are actually a little vulnerable at WR.

Get in camp Mike!! We could use you and you could certainly use us!!

I'd take a 2nd and 3rd round pick from someone, sign Plaxico to a one year deal, have him line up opposite Brown....and wish Mike Wallace the best.

OK..he's got talent. But I wouldn't pay him a dime more than 8 million a year. Period.

Fire Arians
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
we should have cut his pay when we had the chance

even without mike, we have a strong WR corps, we don't need him as much as he wants to believe. it almost seems like half of ben's sacks/interceptions come from waiting for wallace to get open / trying to force it to him deep even when he's double/triple covered. who knows, ben might even play better without him in the lineup

steelfury02
07-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Wallace's RFA tender ranks 46th among WRs in terms of bottom-line dough. I'm sure if the tender was higher it wouldn't be an issue but it is so we'll play the dumb waiting game

Think the Steelers FO will play a little hard ball and give Mikey an ultimatum at some point during camp? (if goes that far) I.E. - you have x amount of time to show up or we will cut it down to 500k and if you don't, well then you're either shipped out or to Siberia or can just sit out season without producing for a bigger contract with someone else?

I know Wallace has the play book, but that won't mean squat anymore eventually and he will jeopardize the improvement of the offense, at least through the first quarter of the season - what if he shows up mad and screws around because he doesn't want to be here anymore?

CMON MIKE YOU NEED STEELERS MORE THAN THEY NEED YOU

Steelersfan87
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
I can't wait until this is over so everybody can go back to cheering for their team's players instead of deriding them when they have to wade through the business aspect of the sport. As far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve a fraction of the vitriol he's been subjected to so far unless he decides to hold out during the regular season. As of now, he's done basically nothing, including not saying anything at all publicly.

Hawaii 5-0
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Think the Steelers FO will play a little hard ball and give Mikey an ultimatum at some point during camp? (if goes that far) I.E. - you have x amount of time to show up or we will cut it down to 500k

the Steelers can no longer reduce Wallace's tender, they would have had to do so by the June 15 deadline but decided not to in good faith...

Ricco Suavez
07-12-2012, 04:37 PM
This is the nature of the NFL, players try to get "x" amount of dollars while the FO tries to save what they can. The Steeler franchise is not immune to hard line negotiations and while this may be hard for fans to understand players are about money first. Loyalty from a young player coming off a great early start to his career is a pipe dream.

Wallace played his rookie contract out to a "fair" price, but he exceeded most peoples expectations and now he expects to be paid accordingly. While his idea of fair now and what the Steelers can and are able to pay him seem to be miles apart they continue to jockey for a new deal.

Its just a matter of time before either (a) he decides to play this year and test next year as an unrestricted, (b) they come to an agreement for a new contract. Less likely are (a) he sits out, or (b) we trade him. Realistically we can not expect any team to give up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him now without having a good idea they can lock him up long term. I fear that if half of what I have read about his agents demands are true then we have a player that even if signed to a 4 yr contract now could come back in two years wanting his contract redone. The Steelers have never been one to overpay players and I do not see it happening now.

Curtain_of_Steel
07-14-2012, 03:12 PM
I agree with them not cutting his paycheck. But I"m a believer of the system, even if there are things I dont like. The players agreed to the salary cap stuff, the tags, RFA etc. So imo he should evenutally show up, and he shouldve shown up already. I dont think I would give him a contract till he shows up. We did that with hines when he threw his little fit too.

I still stand behind my thinking from the get go. He passed through FA, we get him for whatever the number is say 2.7mill, next year we tag him, than atg his ass again. It turns into a 3year roughly 24mill deal, avg 8mill per. He wont be the fastest guy than, he as big of a threat as he is now.
Wallace is in on financial shape to hold out he hasn't earned enough to sit out and waste a year and be back at the same spot next year.

Steelersfan87
07-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Steelers Optimistic About Wallace Deal [VIDEO] (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8166034&categoryid=2378529)

Steelboy84
07-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Steelers Optimistic About Wallace Deal [VIDEO] (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8166034&categoryid=2378529)

You beat me to it.

Justin Otstott
07-14-2012, 05:18 PM
New video from ESPN on the latest - Steelers Optimistic About Wallace Deal (http://talkgridiron.com/showthread.php?40-(Video)-Steelers-Optimistic-About-Wallace-Deal&p=48#post48)

I'm not sure if this deal is going to get done any time soon...

pancake
07-15-2012, 05:41 PM
I still hold out hope that both sides can come to a long term agreement. Both side need each other.

Hawaii 5-0
07-16-2012, 01:38 AM
Welker or Williams – Who Could Be Viable Option Over Steelers’ Wallace?

Jul 15th, 2012 by CraigSteelers

The Steelers may not be able to come to terms with their young speedster receiver, Mike Wallace. And if by chance that happens, the Steelers may (or very well may not) be on the market to pick up a viable #2 or #3 receiver to compete against the rest of The Core while in camp or even someone who could come along post-Wallace era.

While constantly thinking about the Steelers, I get to play a lot of ‘what if’s’ in my head. Some are pleasant, some would make a person shudder. The ‘what if’ currently swirling around the ol’ noggin’ is the Steelers deciding to let Wallace hold out AND take it a step further by looking for another receiver to compete in camp. There’s one in particular who’s available because his former team showed him the door this past Friday. The other potential receiver is not likely to sign a long term deal with his current team and will be forced to play with a franchise tag this year. Without that new deal, he will probably be a free agent next season and may get a good glance by the Steelers were it to come to that. But which one of these receivers – Mike Williams or Wes Welker – would be a viable option over Mike Wallace?

Mike Williams would be entering his 6th season in the NFL were he to play for another team. Williams had a shaky start to his career for the first few years and all but completely disappeared by 2007 when on the Tennessee Titans’ roster. But former college coach and now head coach of the Seahawks, Pete Carroll, signed Williams and got him back in action after Williams missed the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Williams quickly reached a potential everyone could get behind after catching 65 passes for 751 yards in his first season back. After Seattle snagged Sydney Rice from the Vikings, most folks thought that Rice and Williams would be a duo to fear. Williams is 6’5″ and runs a 4.5 40. Not lighting fast, but on par with most receivers. That tall frame and decent hands could snag bomb after bomb if given the chance. However, as most things that come Tavaris Jackson’s way, Williams had a hard time connecting with his QB. Williams’ production fell in 2011 by 500 yards and was shown the door this past Friday.

Williams could be an effective and make an immediate impact for the Steelers were they to sign him to a one year deal by camp. It certainly would show Mike Wallace that the Steelers are playing hard ball and playing for keeps. Everyone is replaceable. Sure, it could sour relations immensely between Wallace and the Steelers, but I can only assume that things aren’t really that great right now with Mike and the FO over this contract stalemate. Williams has a big frame and could be a nice compliment to Antonio Brown on the other side of the field. He’s not as fast as AB, but his size would play a huge advantage. Were the Steelers offense to have a formation that included Williams, AB, Leonard Pope and Heath Miller – that’s 3 out of 4 guys over 6 feet for corners and linebackers to cover. A recipe for big gains over the middle with quick screens and in-curls. Who needs to go big down the field when you can keep peppering a team with 15-20 yard gains every passing down? I think that Williams is far from being washed up. He had the potential in 2010 when he was with Matt Hasselbeck. You have to look at the context of his next season when playing with Tavaris Jackson – who is simply awful. Little Doug Baldwin was their best receiver with over 700 yards. The next top receiver had barely over 400 yards. Jackson and Charlie Whitehurst just killed the offense for these Seahawks. Williams can still cut it in the league and very well could be a good addition to the Steelers if they decide to ‘move on’ from Mike Wallace. Williams was supposed to get $3 million in 2012 and would be a steal.

Should Mike Wallace not sign a long term deal and only play one season with his tender (or no season at all), I could certainly see the Steelers deciding to call it quits with Wallace and not go after him as an unrestricted free agent. At that point, they will have no leverage. If Wallace doesn’t play at all, then we know he is dead set on big money and the Steelers will never offer it up to a guy who hasn’t deserved it yet. So who could be out there as a replacement. Well, regardless of Mike Williams being in the picture or not, there’s a current (and soon to be former) New England Patriot who could take Wallace’s roster spot.

Wes Welker got slapped with the franchise tag this offseason by the Patriots. Welker has been trying to work on an extension with the team this whole time and has until 4pm on Monday to get a deal done. If that doesn’t happen, then he will be forced to play 2012 with his tendered tag of $9.5 million guaranteed. My feeling is that if a long term doesn’t get done by then, then Welker probably won’t get signed at the end of the season by the Pats. There might be a bit of bad blood from all those drops against the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Should Welker be available and the Steelers boot Mike Wallace into the big ocean of free agency, then I think the Steelers could sign Welker to a one year deal. Worth something close to $6 million. It’s a bit pricey and Welker is getting up there in years – will be 32 by next offseason – but, he has yet to show any signs of slowing down. Welker runs a 4.6 40 yard, but his size plays a huge advantage in slants and crossing routes. He is a very good technique football player and, aside from those drops in SB XLVI, has very good dependable hands. He is another version of Hines Ward minus the blocking. And, I would say he’s a cut above Jerricho Cotchery who plays a very similar game. At least right now he is.

I’m sure it’s a bit of a hard pill to swallow to think that the Steelers would sign a guy just like Hines Ward and almost just as old when the Steelers decided to release Ward. Depending on how Cotchery continues to pan out, and depending on how this offense evolves this season without Wallace (for the sake of this post), then Welker could be a good addition and short term solution. There’s no way the Steelers would sign him to anything more than a one year deal, but he could be worth the single season investment. It might be just the thing they need to be Super Bowl bound again. They just may want to bench Welker in February…. I kid I kid.

I honestly think that Williams is the better investment. Bigger frame, younger, and faster are three of his advantages over Welker. Which one would the Steelers go with? Hard to say since we are looking at two different periods in time. But, having to guess which one fits the Steelers offense better and could act as a better replacement over Mike Wallace – I’d have to go with the other Mike. I’m kind of sick of the Wallace ‘thing’ and wouldn’t mind the Steelers going with someone like Williams as a different option. Some sources think Williams could go to the Vikes – God love the irony, right Sydney? As always, we’ll see what happens in the coming weeks.

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/07/15/welker-or-williams-who-could-be-viable-option-over-steelers-wallace/

jiminpa
07-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Wallace is wicked fast, and that's all, and he can catch the ball, (that's an important skill for a receiver too). Randell El had wicked quickness, until he lost a step--one step, then he had nothing, but desire, which wasn't enough. Once Wallace loses a step, and that will be soon, he will be dead weight against the cap and overpaid at any price.

Don't take that to mean I don't like Wallace as a Steeler--I do. I just think that the FO needs to be mindful of what he brings to the table and the chances of that continuing for more than two more years.

steelfury02
07-16-2012, 02:45 PM
The Matt Forte deal isn't helping matters either - 4 yr, 32 mil

pancake
07-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Wallace is wicked fast, and that's all, and he can catch the ball, (that's an important skill for a receiver too). Randell El had wicked quickness, until he lost a step--one step, then he had nothing, but desire, which wasn't enough. Once Wallace loses a step, and that will be soon, he will be dead weight against the cap and overpaid at any price.

Don't take that to mean I don't like Wallace as a Steeler--I do. I just think that the FO needs to be mindful of what he brings to the table and the chances of that continuing for more than two more years.

I don't see him losing a step till he hits 30 and what is he? 23? 24? I want to keep Wallace for one more contract. 5 or 6 years.

Hawaii 5-0
07-17-2012, 02:09 AM
ESPN’s Clayton Says Steelers Are ‘Confident’ About Wallace Deal

Jul 14th, 2012 by CraigSteelers

Above is a link to a short segment with ESPN’s John Clayton talking about the last restricted free agent in the NFL without a deal – Mike Wallace.In the clip, Clayton says ‘no deal’ as of yet (duh) but that the Steelers organization is optimistic about signing a deal with Wallace before camp starts. He notes the Steelers are good at ‘taking care of’ their top players such as Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu. The Steelers are confident that there won’t be a holdout either.

Taking care of their top players. Very true Mr. Clayton. But, I am hard pressed to put Mike Wallace in the same breath as Big Ben and the Tazmanian Devil. Wallace is a very good young player. But, he has yet to fully prove himself as a high impact and ‘can’t do without’ player such as Ben and Troy. That’s why a deal hasn’t been signed yet in the first place. Wallace wants money equivalent to the top paid receivers in the league. That would be like taking Andy Dalton and signing him to the same kind of money Big Ben has. Dalton of the Cincinnati Bengals is a very good young quarterback. But is he elite? Can the Bengals not win without him?

And, while most of us chuckle and think, ‘It’s tough for the Bengals to win with anyone’ I think the Bengals can win without a guy like Dalton. So if he were to have the same kind of numbers this season and next as he had last season, then stand on his box and ask for a $100 million contract, he would be laughed at. Much like how Wallace can’t be taken seriously right now demanding for a paycheck as big as Larry Fitzgerald’s. No way. No how. Not when you essentially disappear halfway into the season.

The only way the two sides come to an agreement is if Wallace sucks it up and signs what the Steelers are willing to pay him – my guess is six years with $8 million/year on a sliding scale getting him up to $11 million in his last season of his contract that is chalk full of incentives to keep him producing. Will he sign something like that? Right now, the way this situation has been silent, I would say no. But, the Steelers Omar Khan has a way of getting contracts done.

We don’t have much time before camp starts. Will a contract get done in time. Right now the scale is tipping in favor of a ‘no.’

http://nicepickcowher.com/2012/07/14/espns-clayton-says-steelers-are-confident-about-wallace-deal/

steelfury02
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Ray Rice = Ravens offense so I get that contract in terms of value of player but 17 mil for first year (front loaded)? yikes!

Just give Mikey some reaonable incentives (if possible) and lets get him in asap

pancake
07-17-2012, 06:54 PM
People are making too big of a deal about Wallace wanting Fitzgerald money. I don't think he expects to get that, it's his asking point in the negotiation process. I do think 7-8 mil a year if fair for both sides.

Kingmagyar
07-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Sometimes I forget that the Rooney's actually have some partners now. And one of the primary ones is Thomas Tull the mega rich producer of the Batman films. If you have noticed recently the Steelers have had no trouble signing their own to big money deals like Timmons at 9 mil per and Woodley over 10 mil per, I really think the Rooney's aligning themselves with these deep pocket co-owners gives them the ability to have the upfront money needed to sign their own players.

The same thing is happening in the Penguins organization with their co-owner Ron Burkle as we see them having no problem in spending to the cap and not letting their key components leave either. And the Lemieux and Rooney groups still maintain a majority ownership but have powerful financial backing to build their teams without hesitation.

The same could have been true of the Pirates had a owner like Mark Cuban and other Hollywood investors like Michael Keaton been allowed to purchase the team.

So a big box office run for the new Dark Knight movie just further lines the pockets of Tull and gives the Steelers the upfront money they need if they choose to do so to sign future players down the road.

As we all have discussed abundantly on this forum though, is Mike Wallace worth the mega deal contract that he surely is seeking? Signing Wallace or not we can rest assured that we as Pittsburgh Sports Fans of the Steelers and Penguins will never have to worry about a lack of money to compete for titles with the current ownership groups in place. Maybe the Pirates with the team they are building should take a lesson from the others.

steelfury02
07-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I could def see the positive effect the TDKR release will have on Tull and who knows, maybe his money does play a big factor into what we've spent over the last few years. I'm confident no matter how it plays out that Mike will get the money he deserves and not a cent more or less.

Thankfully the Steelers are not like the Deadskins or Cowgirls of the world who waaaaay over extend themselves for highly unproven noobs. Out of those two teams, the only one deserving of an elite pay day is Romo - and even that is questionable because he is good but can't get them over the hump in big games.

All Wallace needs to realize is that the Steelers will take care of him long term, they just can't give him something front-loaded right now. Now, if they take Scott's money and apply it to his first year, maybe that will be enough incentive?

wera176
07-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Im sick of that Wallace is mediocre BS....Hes not just some dime a dozen speedster.....his speed is truly special

bDdr6I-j1lw

Finding Gems like Wallace in the draft isn't like going down to the grocery store and picking up some milk

Hes not all time great, but he means a lot to this offense....an offense that already struggles to put up 20

There are 2 more clips in that link that show what Wallace can do, the one against the Browns may even be a more impressive display of his speed. If you ever get to watch a game in person, you'll really get a feel for how fast he really is. You can't really tell in on the TV....

Wallace IS special, seems the only ones that don't realize it are some Steeler fans (many of whom seem to be on this board). Sure, his numbers tapered off last season, but 1) Brown's numbers went up and 2) Ben was hurt.

He has the tools and the QB to make him an all time great. If that happens remains to be seen, but the potential is there imo.

Bayz101
07-18-2012, 11:16 AM
People are making too big of a deal about Wallace wanting Fitzgerald money. I don't think he expects to get that, it's his asking point in the negotiation process. I do think 7-8 mil a year if fair for both sides.

Wallace never said he wanted Fitzgerald money, in fact, he said "Don't believe everything you hear".

Justin Otstott
07-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Wallace is just doing what any logical player would do, he wants his money.

Hawaii 5-0
07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
Wallace never said he wanted Fitzgerald money, in fact, he said "Don't believe everything you hear".

the 49ers reported that Wallace's agent told them exactly that...

Vis
07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
I want Fitzgerald money

Hawaii 5-0
07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
I want Fitzgerald money

I want 1/100th of Larry Fitzgerald money...:wink02:

Steelersfan87
07-18-2012, 12:51 PM

No, a 49ers beat writer reported that.

Bayz101
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM

I'm pretty sure a SF writer reported that, and honestly :wink02::chuckle:

fer522
07-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I want Fitzgerald money

I want His girlfriends :chuckle:

Steelersfan87
07-18-2012, 07:03 PM
I wrote an article trying to make sense of the Starks and Wallace situation and how they intertwine, trying to disentangle various threads. Sorry for posting it in both threads, but it's equally applicable to both.

Steelers' re-signing of Max Starks may also help to retain Mike Wallace (http://www.examiner.com/article/steelers-re-signing-of-max-starks-may-also-help-to-retain-mike-wallace-part-1?cid=db_articles)

Yesterday, knowledgeable members of Steeler Nation were pleased to hear the news that veteran tackle Max Starks had re-signed with the team on a one year deal. Though it is not the ideal scenario that he start (the hope is that rookie second round left tackle Mike Adams out of Ohio State will be ready to start week 1), it is a valuable option. In addition, the return of Starks shores up the weakest link in an otherwise very promising rebuilt offensive line that includes 4 picks in the top 2 rounds of the draft over the past 3 seasons: depth at the tackle position.

When looking at the opening day starting lineup in 2011, it is projected that there will be only one starter returning to his position when this season gets under way: All-Pro center Maurkice Pouncey. Right tackle Marcus Gilbert, a rookie 2nd round pick last year, did start 13 games, but Willie Colon was the starting right tackle on opening day before being lost for the season due to injury.

The Steelers are likely approximately $3 million under the 2012 salary cap after factoring in Starks’ speculated veteran minimum contract. The team also has the opportunity to exercise 3 $500,000 veteran salary cap credits, which, in essence, would shift $1.5 million against the 2012 salary cap to 2013. That would theoretically place the team somewhere around $4.5 million under the salary cap.

Add in the fact that Mike Wallace’s $2.7 million 1st round tender that he has not signed is already factored into the salary cap total, and that leaves the team with over $7 million against the salary cap to donate to signing Wallace. If you then consider the hypothetical release of Jonathan Scott, which seems likely with the return of Max Starks regardless of the Wallace decision, and it now approaches somewhere around the $9.5 million figure.

Bayz101
07-19-2012, 05:39 PM
I'm closing this thread for now, and i'll open it up again down the road if need be. It's pretty much ran it's course, and I see the whole Wallace situation ending soon, so there'll be no need for this for now.

Just please, abide to this:

A lot of articles are all similar, especially if it's all breaking news. Keep these together.
Be clear with thread titles (preferably article title)

And lastly, happy discussion!