PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor on ESPN today...

TRH
03-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Our man Ike was in the ESPN studios today and was a guest on the set of at least 3 different ESPN sports TV talk shows today (i caught him on 3 different shows today..), hanging out, talking a little about Hines, the Steelers defense, the Manning deal and more.

Good to see a Steeler on the shows today!

tanda10506
03-20-2012, 09:26 PM
How many times did the Denver game come up?

Lokki
03-20-2012, 09:29 PM
Goodell must be furious that a Steeler was on sports shows. Harrison will get a fine for sure.

finesward
03-20-2012, 09:32 PM
This begs the question....

When is Ike Taylor going to shut up?

:chuckle:

Millers the sh!t
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
This begs the question....

When is Ike Taylor going to shut up?

Ha ha!

Curtain_of_Steel
03-20-2012, 11:14 PM
Ike replied about the Denver game in short...

"I don't recall showing up for that game"

The interviewer replied. True dat, I don't recall seeing you in the screen shot on that last play either...

MACH1
03-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Ike replied about the Denver game in short...

"I don't recall showing up for that game"

The interviewer replied. True dat, I don't recall seeing you in the screen shot on that last play either...

Sure he was, he's the one that got the straight arm. :banging:

:laughing:

TRH
03-21-2012, 07:24 AM
How many times did the Denver game come up?

a few. He just said the better team won that day and the loss still hurts a bit but they're ready to start the new year.

realdeal
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
You know we are in trouble when Ike Taylor is our # 1 corner.

A shut down corner he is not!!

CA Black & Gold
03-22-2012, 07:00 PM
Shut down corner, my butt. Shutdown corners don't give that type of effort on a play that can end your season

BKAnthem
03-22-2012, 07:28 PM
HE HAD A BAD GAME...DUDE WAS SOLID ALL SEASON...

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM

This.

Quit whining about Ike, we wouldn't have made it much further regardless in our shape.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-22-2012, 08:40 PM
I heard they handed him a mic and he dropped it? Did anyone here a thud?lol

A B level WR Ike turned into an allpro that game.

SoCalFan
03-22-2012, 09:42 PM

He is our best corner and I am glad hes with us!

Danny136200
03-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Shut down corner, my butt. Shutdown corners don't give that type of effort on a play that can end your season

one bad game and now he is not a good corner?

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 10:55 PM
one bad game and now he is not a good corner?

Well, I don't agree with him either, but in his defense, he said "shutdown" corner.

Steelersfan87
03-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Ike Taylor had the 2nd best completion percentage against and the 4th (or 5th, can't quite remember) best QB rating against last season. I think his completion percentage against was like 41.7%, and Revis' was 41.2%.

Rick5895
03-23-2012, 04:42 AM

I don't care who the corner is, on that last play vs Denver we had 9 guys on the line or in the box daring Tebow to pass or expecting the run, we gambled with absolutely no safety help. Thomas took a hard inside release and slant, it was a 10 yard throw. I am not sure how many "shutdown" corners can cover that route, if any could, short slant..completion..TD with no help in the middle. Ike shit the bed on his tackle attempt but that play but THERE WERE NO SAFETIES, THEY WERE UP EXPECTING RUN!!
Thomas is a young, big, fast and strong receiver.
You can blame Ike all you want but that is a virtually impossible route to cover 1 on 1. and that is NOT why we lost, plenty of blame to go around in that game.

wera176
03-23-2012, 07:08 AM
I don't care who the corner is, on that last play vs Denver we had 9 guys on the line or in the box daring Tebow to pass or expecting the run, we gambled with absolutely no safety help. Thomas took a hard inside release and slant, it was a 10 yard throw. I am not sure how many "shutdown" corners can cover that route, if any could, short slant..completion..TD with no help in the middle. Ike shit the bed on his tackle attempt but that play but THERE WERE NO SAFETIES, THEY WERE UP EXPECTING RUN!!
Thomas is a young, big, fast and strong receiver.
You can blame Ike all you want but that is a virtually impossible route to cover 1 on 1. and that is NOT why we lost, plenty of blame to go around in that game.

^This

Ike was the face of the loss, but he has no more blame than a lot of other players. For example, how many times did Harrison whiff on Tebow?

All 11 guys on defense, and the DC played that last down as a run play. Just having Mundy back there would have likely stopped it, but so it goes...

Curtain_of_Steel
03-23-2012, 08:15 AM
All game Thomas owned Ikes ass. He certainly didnt get 220 yards plus on the last toss.

All I said was Ike dropped the mic, lol Now a holy war exploded again, lol

If Ben tossed 3 ints and had 4 TD's and we lost, you guys would be screaming for Bens head, well he wouldve had only 3 bad plays out of probably 45 PA's. Thats it. Only difference here is, Ben would've taken the Mic, stood there said he was sorry, shouldered the blame, stated all 52 other guys and coaches played well, I messed up I need to play better.
Ike ran away from the play, meaning the interviewer and refused to cover, I mean talk to the reporter.

Again like with Ward, its a double standard and now Ike is the reason we were in the playoffs, lol He is great, blahblah.

steelax04
03-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah, because all of the true "shutdown" corners in the NFL never had a suck-ass game... :doh:

Curtain_of_Steel
03-23-2012, 08:51 AM
boo freaking hoo.

Not sure have they had a suck ass game when it counted most? I mean like Ikes suck ass game, the one where a C level QB and a B level WR schooled the shutdown corner over and over.

I dont keep stats on other teams, just mine unless we are smoking them. But using that scenario, might be a tough one to show. I'm not talking Brady or Manning and Wayne and Welker. Im talking Tebow and the Thomas.

Again, having a suck ass game happens, man up, take the Mic and say it. Just like Ben does, shoulder the blame. Dont let your other team mates answer questions. That is what pissed me off the most. I agree suck ass games happen, although to "shutdown" corners it shouldnt happened with a C QB and B WR. But it did. Than man up answer every question, shoulder the blame. He didnt, he wussied out.

Steelersfan87
03-23-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Thomas only caught 3 passes. Also, shit happens. Ike Taylor's shouldered the blame plenty.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Yeah, because all of the true "shutdown" corners in the NFL never had a suck-ass game... :doh:

Stevie Johnson gave Revis a rough day this year and he is the only "True" Shutdown corner in the NFL......everyone has a bad game.

Would you rather have William Gay be the #1 corner on the team?? I know I dont im kinda glad there is a big chance he will not be back.

Bayz101
03-23-2012, 04:57 PM
People like Revis and Champ Bailey get recognition based purely on their name. That's why they make it to the Pro-Bowl, but do they make it to the SuperBowl?

Ike Taylor is one of the better CB's in the league today.

VTsteel
03-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Ike is a very good (and occasionally great) corner.

He had a bad game . . . we had a bad game . . . the defensive gameplan SUCKED . . . Ike and the defense in general underestimated our opponent and we got burned.

Ike is not solely to blame. He had a bad game . . . That's it.

6RingsAndCounting
03-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Some people need to calm the F down.. Ike was one of the best corners in the league all season and he just had a horrible game against Denver. Sh*t happens.