PDA

View Full Version : Hines Ward didn't bring up Big Ben once during retirement PC

JCPsteelers
03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
But he did bring up Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart. From ED B

Hines Ward mentioned a lot of people at his press conference yesterday, coaches, teammates, etc. He brought up the names of two quarterbacks, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox. He did not mention Ben Roethlisberger.
A handful of teammates along with former teammate Jerome Bettis attended, as did Mike Tomlin, Kevin Colbert and Art Rooney. Roethlisberger was not among them.
Should we draw any conclusions from this. Yes, that the two former teammates were not chummy. Roethlisberger took the high road when he told me after Ward’s release by the Steelers that the so-called animosity between them was blown out of proportion. Not all teammates are chummy.

Millers the sh!t
03-21-2012, 01:13 PM
Cause Bens a douchebag.

TRH
03-21-2012, 01:19 PM
so what? We have a great franchise QB. Do you want Maddox back? Big deal if he didn't mention him. And its right....Ben did take the higher road when Hines previously made comments. I dont' blame Ben...i wouldn't have shown up either.

Sixburgher
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Cause Bens a douchebag.

I'll take a "douchebag" that wins Super Bowls over a "nice guy" who can't hit the broad side of a barn any day of the week. I'm not buddies with everyone I work with either.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Well if it wasn't for Ben, he would not have his 1000 catches or 12,000 yards, because Ben was purposefully giving him little dinks offs and sacrificing yards and maybe even positive drives and coring to get that lame duck his milestones.

yea such a douchebag he is.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Right on Sixburgher

JCPsteelers
03-21-2012, 02:02 PM
Cause Bens a douchebag.

I think its the other guy that is the douchebag. Without Ben Ward doesn't have any rings.

OX1947
03-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Cause Bens a douchebag.

Took the sentence right out of my head. Props. Very true.

OX1947
03-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Well if it wasn't for Ben, he would not have his 1000 catches or 12,000 yards, because Ben was purposefully giving him little dinks offs and sacrificing yards and maybe even positive drives and coring to get that lame duck his milestones.

yea such a douchebag he is.

We are talking about the person, not the football player.

Steeldude
03-21-2012, 02:25 PM

If I recall correctly, weren't most of the players displeased with BR?

Fire Arians
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
he did mention 'my teammates', which includes ben ;)

Steelerindc
03-21-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't think Hines has ever been accused twice of sexual assault. If you bring up the DUI, I betcha everyone one of us could've had the same thing happen to us at one time or another.

Also, Hines had already been in the league before Ben, so Ben doesn't get all the credit for 1000 rec. or the 12,000yards.

A douche is the last thing you could call Hines.

Sixburgher
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Too bad the Jets got Tebow. There was our golden opportunity to rid ourselves of the douchebaggery of Roethlisberger once and for all! :rolleyes:

Bayz101
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Took the sentence right out of my head. Props. Very true.

I'm am not at all surprised, lol.

Bayz101
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't think Hines has ever been accused twice of sexual assault. If you bring up the DUI, I betcha everyone one of us could've had the same thing happen to us at one time or another.

Also, Hines had already been in the league before Ben, so Ben doesn't get all the credit for 1000 rec. or the 12,000yards.

Ben was the quarterback for BOTH of Hines's Super Bowl Championships including his one Super Bowl MVP. Hines also didn't mention Antwan Randel El and several other players who threw to him during his 14 years a Steeler, but he did mention them all in a facebook post, in detail, the day he caught 1,000.

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
You people take things way out of proportion :doh:

jjpro11
03-21-2012, 04:51 PM
So what? Ben doesn't have to mention Hines when he retires either... They had a good rapport on the football field, and that's all any of us should care about. What goes on between the players outside of football is none of our business. Still though, he respects Ben enough to have his jersey on his wall. http://www.zillow.com/blog/2012-03-20/hines-ward-fancy-dancing-out-of-his-custom-built-atlanta-home/

TRH
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM
So what? Ben doesn't have to mention Hines when he retires either... They had a good rapport on the football field, and that's all any of us should care about. What goes on between the players outside of football is none of our business. Still though, he respects Ben enough to have his jersey on his wall. http://www.zillow.com/blog/2012-03-20/hines-ward-fancy-dancing-out-of-his-custom-built-atlanta-home/

this.

People making a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

TRH
03-21-2012, 05:00 PM
reading through some of these comments.....its apparent that some really enjoyed the days of Maddox, Brister, Malone, and Slash. I, for one, prefer the here and now and our elite QB.

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
reading through some of these comments.....its apparent that some really enjoyed the days of Maddox, Brister, Malone, and Slash. I, for one, prefer the here and now and our elite QB.

Actually i prefer the the old days (70's mostly) then we wouldnt be able to indulge ourselves on some of these post. :wink02:

cloppbeast
03-21-2012, 05:59 PM

Good. It's well understood Ben's a douche-bag.

Ricco Suavez
03-21-2012, 08:49 PM

Sorry you would lose that bet. I for one an a temperate man and even if I did drink I would not drive, especially if I had the money Hines had to afford either a cab or limo or driver.

fer522
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Ben the person is a douche-bag
but Ben the player i wouldn't want to trade him for anybody:tt03:
And Hines did thank his TEAMMATES :doh:

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 09:28 PM
The most obvious friction between the two came after Roethlisberger's "big receiver comments" right before they drafted Sweed. So I guess that is 08? I always suspected there was tension there.
The whole "Hines couldn't do it without Ben" thing is wrong. The best qb in Superbowl XL for the Steelers was ARE. He threw the only td pass. Ben had 123 yards and 2 ints. The Steelers did win that game without Ben. Try to keep some perspective here. Is Roethlisberger vastly superior to Stewart and Maddox? Absolutely. Did Roethlisberger put his team in a position to have a chance to win Superbowls? Definitely. Was Roethlisberger a factor in winning Superbowl XL? Not a chance. Nobody remembers second place... unless it's Mike Holmgren.
Hines Ward did everything he could to make his team better and that is all you can ask of an invdividual football player. He has no control over who his qb is.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 09:37 PM
One could say being caught while under the influence is attempted murder when behind the wheel. Also one would say, he was a dumb F for doing it. But was he convicted of it? Nope! Did he plead out than tweeted out? Yup because he is a dumb F. What was Hines thinking when he got behind the wheel? "Im hines ward I can drink and drive"? What is the difference than what Ben did or didn't do.

Was Ben convicted or PLEADEd to a lessor charge? Now that I seen. Is Ben doing Community service? Don't think so.

Was Hines drinking? Yup, eyes glossed over, probably with a big old smile, right up till the cop said walk the line bitch, I dont care who you are as I'm a ravens fan, lol

How about Hines is a drunk? If Ben is a douchebag for bopping 2 girls, than Hines is a drunk and probably drinks a drives everyday? Right? Story can go each way.

Did Ben bop 2 gals? Probably.. Proof he raped them? Zero. In fact one said he didn't rape her, and the other texted out she hoped to be making a mini burger.

Dam, social media sucks, lol.

But Bens a douchebag right? Gulty of being elevated to God stature for his success here, which went to his head and problems occurred.

Bring back Bubby, lol.. I want Maddox, Get Kordell out of the back seat... Are you kidding me?What did either of those 3 do here? Nothing. Superbowls count, and only 2 QBS have delivered, despite having good teams under the other QBs.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Lloyd,

So hines got pissed becuase Ben inadvertantly and not dirextly called him short?lol Has Hines ever stood in front of a full lenght mirror and his head was cut off? lol He is shorter than a tall WR. Fact.

So now its all Hines, did someone have to pass him the ball at all during any of his games? Talk about god like stture... But I guess thats why he feels like he can drink and drive.

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry you would lose that bet. I for one an a temperate man and even if I did drink I would not drive, especially if I had the money Hines had to afford either a cab or limo or driver.

-----Is there any one here who could not afford a cab home? Hines made a bad choice. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake. It has nothing to do with money. I am not sure why you would bring that up. Sure, you have never made a bad choice so it is hard for you to understand Hine's error, but there are those of us who have.
-----To me drinking and driving is more about control. Ie not relying on someone else to get you home, and believing you are in control of your body and not subject to the adverse effects of alcohol. Of course you could end up taking someone's life or your own but nobody allows that possibility to enter into their mind. Being wealthy and in control of his life in a major way probably contributed to Hine's drinking and driving. Hope this helps you understand what it is about. (Also Ward had a passenger who had only had two drinks but chose not to let him drive ie. control.)

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
So it was ok Hines was drinking and driving? Because thats basically what you just said.

People are berating Ben, calling him a douchebag etc, because they "heard" he did this, "heard he treated people like that"...

Its a 2 way street isn't it? Or hines geta a free pass, because he smiles when he drops a key pass across the middle?

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Lloyd,

So hines got pissed becuase Ben inadvertantly and not dirextly called him short?lol Has Hines ever stood in front of a full lenght mirror and his head was cut off? lol He is shorter than a tall WR. Fact.

So now its all Hines, did someone have to pass him the ball at all during any of his games? Talk about god like stture... But I guess thats why he feels like he can drink and drive.

Would it then be ok if Hines had said he wants a different qb, maybe a pocket passer that can quickly make decisions and get the ball out on time? Or would that undermine the leadership on the team?

Ben's stats in his 3 superbowls combined- 642 yards 3 tds 5 ints.
Qbs of other teams in 3 superbowls combined- 954 yards 7 tds 2 ints.
And please keep in mind the other qbs were playing against one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL. Ben has never outperformed the other team's quarterback in the superbowl. Somehow he is credited by many people with being the sole reason for Pittsburgh's success. I will admit it is hard for me to understand. I don't put people on a pedestal.

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 10:32 PM
So it was ok Hines was drinking and driving? Because thats basically what you just said.

People are berating Ben, calling him a douchebag etc, because they "heard" he did this, "heard he treated people like that"...

Its a 2 way street isn't it? Or hines geta a free pass, because he smiles when he drops a key pass across the middle?

-----I never said it was ok for Hines Ward to drink and drive. In fact I said that drinking and driving puts the lives of the driver and the public at risk. I am trying to make the point that Hines being wealthy makes him more likely to drink and drive not less likely. Also the poster who made it seem that rich people drinking and driving is a more egregious offense than poor people drinking and driving is engaging in moral relativism. Drinking and driving is always wrong. If you can afford gas, insurance, a vehicle and its associated upkeep, not to mention nights out on the town paying for overpriced alcohol, you can afford to take a cab.
-----Oher than that I will keep my opinions about off-field behaviour to myself because they are ascerbic rather than constructive. My issue with Ben is how is on-field performance is grossly overrated.

Ricco Suavez
03-21-2012, 10:36 PM
-----Is there any one here who could not afford a cab home? Hines made a bad choice. Hopefully he can learn from his mistake. It has nothing to do with money. I am not sure why you would bring that up. Sure, you have never made a bad choice so it is hard for you to understand Hine's error, but there are those of us who have.
-----To me drinking and driving is more about control. Ie not relying on someone else to get you home, and believing you are in control of your body and not subject to the adverse effects of alcohol. Of course you could end up taking someone's life or your own but nobody allows that possibility to enter into their mind. Being wealthy and in control of his life in a major way probably contributed to Hine's drinking and driving. Hope this helps you understand what it is about. (Also Ward had a passenger who had only had two drinks but chose not to let him drive ie. control.)

I brought it up because the poster said we all have been in those situations, I can honestly say I have not. But if people want to split hairs I see no difference between Ben being ACCUSED of rape and Hines pleading himself out of a DUI conviction. Why is it Ben is considered guilty of these accusations when not even enough evidence could support an arrest and yet Hines gets a pass on a DUI which by the grace of the almighty did not turn into a Stallworth situation. I am just saying we are all human and make mistakes yet people here love to point out our QB's more readily than others.

Ricco Suavez
03-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Would it then be ok if Hines had said he wants a different qb, maybe a pocket passer that can quickly make decisions and get the ball out on time? Or would that undermine the leadership on the team?

Ben's stats in his 3 superbowls combined- 642 yards 3 tds 5 ints.
Qbs of other teams in 3 superbowls combined- 954 yards 7 tds 2 ints.
And please keep in mind the other qbs were playing against one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL. Ben has never outperformed the other team's quarterback in the superbowl. Somehow he is credited by many people with being the sole reason for Pittsburgh's success. I will admit it is hard for me to understand. I don't put people on a pedestal.

The difference is there is only on QB on the field at a time while you can have multiple receivers on the field at once. Seems like Hines had a case of "hurt my feelings" at the time. Its not luck that the best of the receivers out there Calvin and Fitz are both big receivers and did Ben have the luxury of throwing to a big receiver in Plax when he first arrived. So why would he not want a big target then or now?

Curtain_of_Steel
03-21-2012, 10:59 PM
First off Ben cant be a pocket passer, because he would be killed, mamed, dead, a quad and so forth behind that line. He doesnt run because he is bored, he runs for his life and to make plays. It works if you havent noticed.

"Ben's stats in his 3 superbowls combined- 642 yards 3 tds 5 ints." PLUS 2 SB rings.. I guess he had nothing to do with the game ending drive against the Cardinals?O f course Hines and Holmes did all the work? Because the ball Ben put in Holmes hands twice in the end zone, it just went there by itself.
I'll take 1284yds 6 tds and 10ints with 4 rings any day, and so will Ben.

He has been the only QB since he came into the league that takes the heat away from the rest of the invalids in front of him. No matter what. He compliments his Oline. No other QB before Ben would religously do this.

Peyton Manning berated his Oline after we spanked them in the AFC game. Went to the podium and outright blamed his Oline. That day, someone told the little bitch if, you want the big endorsement deals, you better stop blaming people and taking the blame.

Never, no matter how much ben gets hit after dropping back 2 steps does he blame his Oline. Yet he is a douchebag.

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 11:25 PM
I brought it up because the poster said we all have been in those situations, I can honestly say I have not. But if people want to split hairs I see no difference between Ben being ACCUSED of rape and Hines pleading himself out of a DUI conviction. Why is it Ben is considered guilty of these accusations when not even enough evidence could support an arrest and yet Hines gets a pass on a DUI which by the grace of the almighty did not turn into a Stallworth situation. I am just saying we are all human and make mistakes yet people here love to point out our QB's more readily than others.

-----I think the poster may be referring to how common DUIs are and that many people who have not been caught but could have been. There are many people who likely drive after a couple drinks with a dinner out that potentially could be over the legal limit. There are 1.4 million DUIs annually according to FBI statistics.
-----You seem to think that a person's behaviour is only inappropriate or reprehensible if decided such in a court of law. If Hines had not been caught that night while drinking and driving does it mean that he did not drink and drive? There is an enormous difference between a person's innocence and the state's ability to make a case against an alleged offender. This is why many victims seek justice in civil rather than criminal claims court. (OJ Simpson was found innocent in criminal but guilty in civil court and most people think he did it.) If Hines had not been charged with drinking and driving but only was alleged to have committed drinking and driving people would still suspect that he may have in fact have behaved inappropriately. If Hines was alleged to have committed drinking and driving twice in less than a year people might think that he had an established pattern of the same behaviour that was immoral and reprehensible. I would be one of them. Please read between the lines.
-----Also, Hines was not convicted of a DUI offense. He pleaded to reckless endangerment. By your own logic Hines was only guilty of reckless endangerment. By your own logic Hines was not under the influence that night because he was not convicted of such an offense. Please try to be consistent.

lloydwoodson
03-21-2012, 11:39 PM
First off Ben cant be a pocket passer, because he would be killed, mamed, dead, a quad and so forth behind that line. He doesnt run because he is bored, he runs for his life and to make plays. It works if you havent noticed.

"Ben's stats in his 3 superbowls combined- 642 yards 3 tds 5 ints." PLUS 2 SB rings.. I guess he had nothing to do with the game ending drive against the Cardinals?O f course Hines and Holmes did all the work? Because the ball Ben put in Holmes hands twice in the end zone, it just went there by itself.
I'll take 1284yds 6 tds and 10ints with 4 rings any day, and so will Ben.

He has been the only QB since he came into the league that takes the heat away from the rest of the invalids in front of him. No matter what. He compliments his Oline. No other QB before Ben would religously do this.

Peyton Manning berated his Oline after we spanked them in the AFC game. Went to the podium and outright blamed his Oline. That day, someone told the little bitch if, you want the big endorsement deals, you better stop blaming people and taking the blame.

Never, no matter how much ben gets hit after dropping back 2 steps does he blame his Oline. Yet he is a douchebag.

-----I never called him a douchebag in any of my posts. That is not the issue. Peyton Manning is also not the issue (although it is ironic you bash Manning for calling out his oline but have no problem with Roethlisberger campaigning for taller wide receivers).
-----The issue is that without Willie Parker's Superbowl record 75 yard td run, AREs 43 yard td pass to Hines, and James Harrison's greatest defensive play in Superbowl history 100 yard int td return Ben has zero rings. You and I will always disagree on this issue I am certain. If those other players did not make those plays do you feel that Ben would have 2 rings? (Keep in mind that James Harrison's first Superbowl start resulted in an int return that was 23 yards short of and 1 td greater than Ben's first Superbowl start when you respond :banging:)
Edit: Also the 2005 oline of Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Jeff Hartings, Kendall Simmons, and Max Starks was a pretty damn good one.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 12:14 AM
We are talking about the person, not the football player.

Exactly! Now these clowns trying to act like Ben made Hines' career, and actually going out of their way to insult Hines.

Side comments

-I don't remember Ben being any MVP's in any superbowls. I remember a lame duck named Hines earning that honor. Also remember Ben throwing lame ducks into the hands of Seahawk defenders.

-Ur right I'd rather have a douchebag qb that can win than a nice guy who can't hit the broad side of a barn. Having said that, I'll root for Ben on the field but, I wouldn't leave him alone with my wife.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Based on these comments you'd think some of our members lived in Ben Roethlisberger's home.

The media is the #1 reason Ben's labeled as a douchebag. He wasn't convicted of anything with the rape accusations, but he's stupid for putting himself in that situation to begin with. My opinion is that he's made stupid decisions, like we all have. I don't believe he's an asshole and i'm sure he's grown up a bit since then. I sure as hell wouldn't go labeling someone based on how the media writes about them.

As for the Super Bowl performances some people use as ammunition against him:

If it wasn't for his playoff performances, we'd be sitting here discussing our FOUR Super Bowl rings. Okay, i'm done derailing this thread. Hines Ward may not have brought up Ben once during his conference, but he's already acknowledged his appreciation for Ben and every man who threw to him once, he didn't need to do it again. He's one of the best, and he'll be in Canton sooner rather than later.

TRH
03-22-2012, 12:32 AM
some of the comments are in this thread are so ridiculous i'm almost embarrassed reading through them. Absurd. I'm fine with our elite QB, both the man and the football general and can't believe everyone else isn't. You a-holes can have your Tommy Maddox's and Mark Malones then and go wallow in your own misery.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm sure Ben was an asshole at times. It's funny what alcohol can do to you, and honestly, most of the events in which the media perceived him as an asshole, he was drunk!

At one point or another, we'll all be in our mid to late twenties, and i'm sure we'll all get shit-faced a few times. Some obviously already experienced this first hand, it's the partying days! And of course we'll all make mistakes, only our mistakes won't be publicized like that of a celebrity. There's always going to be a few who hold a grudge, it's a business, and Ben obviously wasn't making smart decisions. No one is perfect.

Let's take a look at Michael Vick:

He murdered animals, and a large portion of the Eagles fan base didn't agree with his signing.

Oh wait, Vick was proven to have killed and fought animals, Ben wasn't proven to have done anything at all. My bad :hunch:

FanSince72
03-22-2012, 12:57 AM
A locker room full of egotistical "Type-A" personalities is bound to be a powder keg of emotions and opinions, but like any other group of employees in the world, you don't have to love each other, you just have to work together.

Over the years I can think of several people I've worked with who I wouldn't waste a good piss on if they were on fire.
But they knew their job and knew how to get it done and that's all that mattered.
We were cordial, we worked well together and at the end of the day they went to their home and I went to mine.

It would be nice if everyone could go out for beers together after work, but it isn't a requirement for getting things done.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 01:47 AM

Trust me buddy, if Hines was full of off the field shenanigans like Ben he'd be getting the finger pointing and criticism in this thread. History proves to me that Hines is a MUCH better PERSON than Ben will ever grow to be.

I've never met a single person that drinks that hasn't at least one time drove home with a questionable BAL. Also I've never met a sexually active person that has double or single rape accusations. Yes, he was never convicted of anything but neither was OJ. And we all know the truth behind that, Ray Lewis was never convicted of anything and every season I read multiple posts about how he's a murderer.

Bottom line is, Bens a bozo. Hines probably didn't mention Ben cause he didn't want to be associated with him in such a personal, emotional matter. Plain and simple, Ben didn't earn the respect of a respected man.

Now that Starx is probably gone, Ben ain't gonna have no one to hug and high five after a TD........ And thats cause he's a disliked douchebag.

OX1947
03-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I'm am not at all surprised, lol.

Hi.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Hi.

Howdy!

Sixburgher
03-22-2012, 03:10 AM
Also I've never met a sexually active person that has double or single rape accusations. Yes, he was never convicted of anything but neither was OJ. And we all know the truth behind that, Ray Lewis was never convicted of anything and every season I read multiple posts about how he's a murderer.

Roethlisberger was never arrested or criminally charged with anything either, unlike OJ or Ray Lewis. Kind of an important difference. I guess this means that Harrison is a douchebag, since he was actually arrested for assaulting his girlfriend and pled guilty to the charges.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 03:39 AM
Roethlisberger was never arrested or criminally charged with anything either, unlike OJ or Ray Lewis. Kind of an important difference. I guess this means that Harrison is a douchebag, since he was actually arrested for assaulting his girlfriend and pled guilty to the charges.

It's blatantly obvious he has a hard-on for anything negative with Ben. There's no winning this argument. Hopefully Ben got his period of stupidity over with and he won't have a Brett Favre moment and get busted sending out pictures of his extra belly button to young women. Brett Favre happens to be the greatest statistical QB of all time, and 40, lol. He still hasn't grown up.

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 03:54 AM

-----Sure, Harrison slapping his girlfriend in the face when he is a 250 pound man with a 500 pound bench press is a douchebag move.Did you think this was a valid comparison or that someone would say that this is not douchebaggery? Harrison confessed to police immediately. We know he did it is your only point. If Harrison had not confessed, you would have said she was just after his money.
-----Hell, Harrison saying the President should come visit the Steelers and not have the Steelers go to him was a douchebag move. Harrison is a crazy guy. I guess you can chalk that comment up to the audacity of hope. :wink02: Btw Harrison is great. Love me some Deebo!

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 04:19 AM
It's blatantly obvious he has a hard-on for anything negative with Ben. There's no winning this argument. Hopefully Ben got his period of stupidity over with and he won't have a Brett Favre moment and get busted sending out pictures of his extra belly button to young women. Brett Favre happens to be the greatest statistical QB of all time, and 40, lol. He still hasn't grown up.

-----Do me a favour and type "Ben wants Hines back" into google search. What comes up is "Ben wants Cotchery back." Cotchery is Ward's replacement as we all know. Ben and Hines don't get along and never have. If I had to pick a side it is a no brainer- Hines all the way. The fact that Ben lobbied to keep Arians (and was probably the only reason Arians stayed last year), and keep Cotchery (Ward's replacement) and did not lobby to keep Hines who he has played his entire career with speaks volumes.
-----Ben left a phone message to congratulate Hines Ward on his entire career. He apparently has never heard of calling back. :toofunny: It is a good thing Todd Haley found time to call Ben in between moving his entire family across the country and starting a new job or they still wouldn't have spoken. :rofl: Ben Roethlisberger is a great quarterback with extremely limited phone skills.
-----Of course, the media stated without bias that Ben wanted Cotchery back and that Haley was first to call Ben- I formed my own interpretation of these events.

Sixburgher
03-22-2012, 04:32 AM
-----Sure, Harrison slapping his girlfriend in the face when he is a 250 pound man with a 500 pound bench press is a douchebag move.Did you think this was a valid comparison or that someone would say that this is not douchebaggery? Harrison confessed to police immediately. We know he did it is your only point. If Harrison had not confessed, you would have said she was just after his money.

You have no idea what I'd say, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. The fact that his girlfriend had marks on her face, you know, physical evidence, indicates to me that Harrison was guilty as charged regardless whether he denied it or not. As far as the guilt of Roethlisberger, all we have is one woman who didn't say anything for a year and then filed a civil suit, never went to the police, and bragged to at least one coworker about sleeping with him, not to mention whose mental stability in general was highly questionable, and another who was donning a down to f*ck tee shirt, was too drunk to remember anything and who changed her story at least twice. Real damning evidence there.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 04:50 AM
-----Do me a favour and type "Ben wants Hines back" into google search. What comes up is "Ben wants Cotchery back." Cotchery is Ward's replacement as we all know. Ben and Hines don't get along and never have. If I had to pick a side it is a no brainer- Hines all the way. The fact that Ben lobbied to keep Arians (and was probably the only reason Arians stayed last year), and keep Cotchery (Ward's replacement) and did not lobby to keep Hines who he has played his entire career with speaks volumes.
-----Ben left a phone message to congratulate Hines Ward on his entire career. He apparently has never heard of calling back. :toofunny: It is a good thing Todd Haley found time to call Ben in between moving his entire family across the country and starting a new job or they still wouldn't have spoken. :rofl: Ben Roethlisberger is a great quarterback with extremely limited phone skills.
-----Of course, the media stated without bias that Ben wanted Cotchery back and that Haley was first to call Ben- I formed my own interpretation of these events.

First of all, you quoted a post that wasn't directed your way.

-Cotchery is 29 years old, I find it funny you believe him to be Ward's replacement. Prove to me that he is :chuckle:

-Are you really going to start an argument over Ben not calling back? How do you know he didn't, hell, for all we know they may have had dinner!

Dude, your making mountains out of molehills.

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 04:52 AM
You have no idea what I'd say, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't put words in my mouth. The fact that his girlfriend had marks on her face, you know, physical evidence, indicates to me that Harrison was guilty as charged regardless whether he denied it or not. As far as the guilt of Roethlisberger, all we have is one woman who didn't say anything for a year and then filed a civil suit, never went to the police, and bragged to at least one coworker about sleeping with him, not to mention whose mental stability in general was highly questionable, and another who was donning a down to f*ck tee shirt, was too drunk to remember anything and who changed her story at least twice. Real damning evidence there.

-----This comment needs to be removed asap. This all looks so god damn bad. The whole thread needs to be removed. This is a garbage thread. Imagine other teams looking at this garbage! OMG!

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 04:59 AM
Funny that Rod Woodon was arrested with battery on a police officer and theft. These are crimes that he was proven to have committed.

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 05:07 AM
First of all, you quoted a post that wasn't directed your way.

-Cotchery is 29 years old, I find it funny you believe him to be Ward's replacement. Prove to me that he is :chuckle:

-Are you really going to start an argument over Ben not calling back? How do you know he didn't, hell, for all we know they may have had dinner!

Dude, your making mountains out of molehills.

"Without Hines, I think you have to do everything you can to sign Jerricho back," Roethlisberger said. "He's not only a veteran leader in that room but a really good player. I'd love to see him come back because he's a really good receiver and I like what he brings to the team."

Cotchery is a slot receiver who brings veteran leadership to the team. He is Hines replacement in that role.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 05:08 AM
"Without Hines, I think you have to do everything you can to sign Jerricho back," Roethlisberger said. "He's not only a veteran leader in that room but a really good player. I'd love to see him come back because he's a really good receiver and I like what he brings to the team."

Cotchery is a slot receiver who brings veteran leadership to the team. He is Hines replacement in that role.

In your opinion.

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 05:11 AM
Funny that Rod Woodon was arrested with battery on a police officer and theft. These are crimes that he was proven to have committed.

This is unbelievable. This is not constructive. Every team has players who have had legal issues. You need to stop throwing ours all over the place. Nobody post anything bad about a Steelers player! Your love for Roethlisberger causes you to go into defensive mode and tear down every other player to make him look better?! That is a shameful display of moral relativism. Seriously I am trying to defend these players some of you keep bringing up. It needs to stop now.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 05:13 AM
Cotchery is a receiver who's been here for a year, and hasn't played a full game collectively in that year. He's in no way Hines's replacement, but he's definitely a good receiver to keep around now that Hines is gone. Younger receivers like Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown can come in a replace Hines, but Cotchery would merely be a veteran influence. He's 29 years old. Of course Ben wants him back, he's a great locker room influence.

lloydwoodson
03-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Cotchery is a receiver who's been here for a year, and hasn't played a full game collectively in that year. He's in no way Hines's replacement, but he's definitely a good receiver to keep around now that Hines is gone. Younger receivers like Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown can come in a replace Hines, but Cotchery would merely be a veteran influence. He's 29 years old. Of course Ben wants him back, he's a great locker room influence.

-----I am not saying Cotchery is the player that Hines was. I am saying he fills a similar role as Hines did.
-----I am embarassed to have posted in this thread. I was trying to defend Hines when someone blasted him for drinking and driving and it degenerated into this. Keep it football related god damn it! Off field issues don't need to be discussed! This is the attention and environment Roethlisberger's actions have generated! Makes me so sad. This is not what the Steelers are about.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 05:25 AM
This is unbelievable. This is not constructive. Every team has players who have had legal issues. You need to stop throwing ours all over the place. Nobody post anything bad about a Steelers player! Your love for Roethlisberger causes you to go into defensive mode and tear down every other player to make him look better?! That is a shameful display of moral relativism. Seriously I am trying to defend these players some of you keep bringing up. It needs to stop now.

I'm not at all trying to make him look better, i'm just pointing out that he's not the only one with problems. I think it's funny how it's our players that seem to garner more negative attention than half the league when honestly, a majority of our legal issues aren't as severe. Michael Vick was brought back into the league after killing animals and his team was the "Dream team" for all of last year.

Like I said, I wasn't even quoting you to begin with. Chill out.

As for the main subject, Hines Ward literally acknowledged every man that passed to him in his entire career, including even Randel El. Hines Ward was noted as having a rocky relationship with Ben during the rape allegation period, but honestly, i'd probably be pretty pissed if my QB was in that situation myself. Hell, Goodell brought up the teams overall dislike of Ben a week before the super bowl. That probably didn't help.

I'm not defending Roethlisberger, it's just pretty obvious that a select few people have something negative to say about the same player, no matter the situation. Not just Ben, any player, and it get's annoying.

If someone can find the facebook post where Hines thanked every player that threw to him, i'd appreciate it. I know it's not the same as a retirement speech, but I wouldn't want to sit their and name 30 people either :chuckle:

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
-----I am not saying Cotchery is the player that Hines was. I am saying he fills a similar role as Hines did.
-----I am embarassed to have posted in this thread. I was trying to defend Hines when someone blasted him for drinking and driving and it degenerated into this. Keep it football related god damn it! Off field issues don't need to be discussed! This is the attention and environment Roethlisberger's actions have generated! Makes me so sad. This is not what the Steelers are about.

He definitely fills the role, but I don't think he's his replacement, as you suggested. Just my opinion. I'm hoping Sanders is that guy.

I didn't catch the drinking and driving post :hunch:

As you said earlier, a lot of teams players have legal trouble, and just people in general. Everyone makes mistakes, some more so than others, but it's the same group of people who continually bring up the same old mumbo jumbo about the same old person that drive me nuts. Wouldn't be the first time someone got onto Hines about the DUI, but honestly, just about everyone I know has had a DUI at least once. If your smart you won't make the mistake twice.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Okay, read back a bit. This thread was destined to turn into a "This player did that" type of discussion. No avoiding that. Hines is obviously grateful of Ben and what he's done to cement Hines's legacy as a Steeler, even if he wasn't mentioned in the press conference. I think Ben should have at least been their though. That was kind of shitty, wouldn't go calling him a douchebag though, maybe his mother died? Lol.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 11:34 AM

Arrested or not arrested, if they were not found guilty then they were only accused.

Look into the investigations, you'll see there is big time shady cover ups that makes me think he's guilty. Flip flopping stories from ben, and his witness's, security tapes that have been "recorded over" you trying to tell me that a nation wide case like this and the police dept. And night club owners wouldn't think to grab/save security video? Gimmie a break man, Bens a rapist. The guys ego is bigger than Heinz field. He's constantly making bad decisions that hurts him, his rep, and the team. Don't tell me for one second if this guy wasn't a steeler you wouldn't be dogging him every day.

About Harrison, I don't care wht anyone says, but sometimes women need a smack in the face once and a while. Defenitely doesn't make him a douchebag, it makes him a dude with an annoying ass girlfriend. I'm sure she was sitting there on the couch innocently reading a book and he came over and gave her the ring hand. Gimmie a break, some peoples perception of reality is clouded. Start using discretion.

MACH1
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Arrested or not arrested, if they were not found guilty then they were only accused.

Look into the investigations, you'll see there is big time shady cover ups that makes me think he's guilty. Flip flopping stories from ben, and his witness's, security tapes that have been "recorded over" you trying to tell me that a nation wide case like this and the police dept. And night club owners wouldn't think to grab/save security video? Gimmie a break man, Bens a rapist. The guys ego is bigger than Heinz field. He's constantly making bad decisions that hurts him, his rep, and the team. Don't tell me for one second if this guy wasn't a steeler you wouldn't be dogging him every day.

About Harrison, I don't care wht anyone says, but sometimes women need a smack in the face once and a while. Defenitely doesn't make him a douchebag, it makes him a dude with an annoying ass girlfriend. I'm sure she was sitting there on the couch innocently reading a book and he came over and gave her the ring hand. Gimmie a break, some peoples perception of reality is clouded. Start using discretion.

That statement right there makes you the douchebag!

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Okay, read back a bit. This thread was destined to turn into a "This player did that" type of discussion. No avoiding that. Hines is obviously grateful of Ben and what he's done to cement Hines's legacy as a Steeler, even if he wasn't mentioned in the press conference. I think Ben should have at least been their though. That was kind of shitty, wouldn't go calling him a douchebag though, maybe his mother died? Lol.

Ben wasn't welcomed there because of his past. His past is what makes him the douchebag. Not because he didn't show to Hines' retirement speech.

Also, I was a huge Ben fan. Big time, I don't have a hard on for his negative image. But the guy burned me and the team way too many times for me to respect him anymore. I'm glad he helped us get two more rings and I still get amped out of my seat watching him play. But the man himself is a selfish idiot. I was a steeper fan before Ben an will be after Ben. 4 rings or 6 rings I'd still be here with y'all. I'm a fan of the team first, then a fan of the players.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 11:59 AM

Yeah ok buddy, If a woman started assaulting you, you wouldn't defend yourself? It takes a "real man" to sit there and get punched, scratched, and kneed in the balls by a woman with out defending yourself....

Smackig a woman who assaults you ain't no different than smacking a man who's smaller than you who assaults you. If they feeling strong enough to attack a man, they should be ready for the possibility of getting blasted by a man.

Just cause you're a female don't give ya a free pass to go around attacking men all day.

Also, if I saw a female stranger attacking me, my wife or kids I'd throttle that girl in a heartbeat. No questions asked and no guilty thoughts about it. It don't make me a douchebag at all. It makes me. Man who loves me and my family.

MACH1
03-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah ok buddy, If a woman started assaulting you, you wouldn't defend yourself? It takes a "real man" to sit there and get punched, scratched, and kneed in the balls by a woman with out defending yourself....

Smackig a woman who assaults you ain't no different than smacking a man who's smaller than you who assaults you. If they feeling strong enough to attack a man, they should be ready for the possibility of getting blasted by a man.

Just cause you're a female don't give ya a free pass to go around attacking men all day.

Also, if I saw a female stranger attacking me, my wife or kids I'd throttle that girl in a heartbeat. No questions asked and no guilty thoughts about it. It don't make me a douchebag at all. It makes me. Man who loves me and my family.

Yeah and it takes an even bigger man to beat a woman. :doh: Real men don't beat woman no matter what the situation. Grow a set.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g2G9XZSAzPY/Sqnb6fcAQCI/AAAAAAAACC0/kqMmNJ0m4fA/s400/Godu2.jpg

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah and it takes an even bigger man to beat a woman. :doh: Real men don't beat woman no matter what the situation. Grow a set.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g2G9XZSAzPY/Sqnb6fcAQCI/AAAAAAAACC0/kqMmNJ0m4fA/s400/Godu2.jpg

Yeah ok. Dr. Phil.

Get real bro.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 12:22 PM

If ur married, ask your wife or "partner" what they would want you to do if that situation came up. 100-1 says they would want you to defend them and your kids.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
That argument makes me feel awkward....

lmao

MACH1
03-22-2012, 12:30 PM
If ur married, ask your wife or "partner" what they would want you to do if that situation came up. 100-1 says they would want you to defend them and your kids.

Seriously your afraid of getting beat up by a girl?

Unless their pointing a gun or knife at me or my family I think I would be man enough to hold them down till the cops arrived. Thats just me though.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Seriously your afraid of getting beat up by a girl?

Unless their pointing a gun or knife at me or my family I think I would be man enough to hold them down till the cops arrived. Thats just me though.

Why waste the energy? One quick shot to the jaw and they're down. BONUS Everytime they chew for the next 5 days the pain will remind them of their actions.

Its really a win/win: You possibly taught this person a lesson without breaking a sweat or getting dirty!!!!!

Ok those last messages were just for fun.

But seriously though if some female stranger attacked me or my family all ethics go out the window. Say what you want but until you're in the situation you never know what ull do. Maybe I'd subdue them maybe I'd throat chop em or possibly give them sweet chin music. Who knows? I'll keep you up to date.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Well this debate has taken a turn, LOL

Fire Arians
03-22-2012, 01:07 PM
Why waste the energy? One quick shot to the jaw and they're down. BONUS Everytime they chew for the next 5 days the pain will remind them of their actions.

Its really a win/win: You possibly taught this person a lesson without breaking a sweat or getting dirty!!!!!

Ok those last messages were just for fun.

But seriously though if some female stranger attacked me or my family all ethics go out the window. Say what you want but until you're in the situation you never know what ull do. Maybe I'd subdue them maybe I'd throat chop em or possibly give them sweet chin music. Who knows? I'll keep you up to date.

lmfao i'm probably going to hell for finding this funny

Curtain_of_Steel
03-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Reading back till lastnight. Interesting how it turned to whacking women, or tossing them into a wood chipper, lol

1st off who cares if other teams look at this thread. That means nothing good or bad. That is the stock message board mentality, geez if I post some negative on my stock board no one else will buy this pos. lol

2nd If they want to read the thread, they will into the fact that a good portion don't support the teams QB, who has yet to be found guilty of anything, with no charges pending, no legal issues on going etc. More importantly he isn;t doing any court ordered community service. Never did Ben potentially put others in danger.

This is not about having a hardon for Ben. Its about the double standards not being applied. Why does Ward get a fre pass on the drunk driving, he could've killed someone. That judgement is way right of some girl wanted to make a mini slider with Ben, than Ben blowing her off later. Woman scorned etc.

If Ben has been an asshole in the past, its apparent over the last 18 months he has seen that. Has there been any issues? Nope..But more importantly has he been an asshole to you any of you guys? Nope. So Ben being an asshole in public is purey heresay.

Without this guy QBing the team, we don't win, period. The criticism here is unreal. Worse than when I constantly criticze Ike for loafinf the ENTIRE Broncos game, but do I bring it up every post? No I dont, lol. Sometimes I just can't get a fuild segway in, like I can when I say Flacco is a "POS QB" that I can slide in anywhere anytime, lol

Ben has never spoke negatively about his team mates. WARD has, he called out Bens toughness when he got taken out due to a potential consussion if I recall???. If Wards feelings are hurt because Ben is smart enough to see a players talents has dropped off like a 14 year old golden retriever with 2 bad hips than shoot Ben. But he is right. time to move on. He got Ward his milestones in 2011-2012. How manypasses for negative yards, flipped passes for nthing, just to get Ward his due? Please....

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 03:25 PM

This argument has really went to hell in a handbag, but I second this.

Millers the sh!t
03-22-2012, 05:12 PM
This argument has really went to hell in a handbag, but I second this.

Well, I know which 2 of ya's won't be getting any props at my retirement speech.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-22-2012, 10:05 PM
Miller you can't retre, you only have 113 posts.. lol There are plenty of people to piss off yet, lol

But just in case you become a big time WR with only 4 QB's and you list only 3 of them in your speech because you just can;t say everyones name... Please remember the most important one(the one you got 2 rings with). Perhaps its to much to ask who knows. But try will ya, lol

Wallace108
03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
This is one of the strangest threads I've read in a while. Kudos to all.
And I say "all" because I don't wanna name names and leave anyone out.

Millers the sh!t
03-23-2012, 02:36 AM
Miller you can't retre, you only have 113 posts.. lol There are plenty of people to piss off yet, lol

But just in case you become a big time WR with only 4 QB's and you list only 3 of them in your speech because you just can;t say everyones name... Please remember the most important one(the one you got 2 rings with). Perhaps its to much to ask who knows. But try will ya, lol

Speaking of rings, A girl once asked me for a ring so I gave her 2 around the eyes.

Toodles

Myounger55
03-23-2012, 07:00 AM
This is much to do about nothing. None of us really know his "motive" (does he have to have one?) in not mentioning Ben (including Ed B) so why assume anything. It was an emotional press conference by one of the classiest and greatest Steelers of all time. I don't know why everyone jumps to conclusions and gets all in a tissy. Congrats on the great career Hines and here's to a great season Ben. Go Steelers!

LVSteelersfan
03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Who gives a rats butt if Hines mentioned Ben in his retirement speech or not. Hines was a great player if you are a Steeler fan. He was a scumbag dirty player if you are a fan of other teams. For player after player to call him out as dirty, there has to be some merit to it. He did a lot of blind side, questionable hits whether Steeler fans want to admit it or not. They don't just make that stuff up. He was a head hunter. And I loved it. Maybe he was being paid a bounty to take out the likes of Ed Reed. Oh no, that is another story altogether. I hate the offseason. No one has anything to talk about until the draft is over and training camps start. I can't believe I wasted my valuable time reading through all the trash in this thread.

Bayz101
03-23-2012, 02:25 PM
Who gives a rats butt if Hines mentioned Ben in his retirement speech or not. Hines was a great player if you are a Steeler fan. He was a scumbag dirty player if you are a fan of other teams. For player after player to call him out as dirty, there has to be some merit to it. He did a lot of blind side, questionable hits whether Steeler fans want to admit it or not. They don't just make that stuff up. He was a head hunter. And I loved it. Maybe he was being paid a bounty to take out the likes of Ed Reed. Oh no, that is another story altogether. I hate the offseason. No one has anything to talk about until the draft is over and training camps start. I can't believe I wasted my valuable time reading through all the trash in this thread.

I wouldn't have spent any time reading a thread titled "Hines Ward didn't bring up Big Ben once during retirement PC". It's an obvious attempt to stir up controversy surrounding Hines and Ben's relationship and had virtually nothing to do with what Ward did on the field.

Curtain_of_Steel
03-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Bayz, but it happens here all the time, lol.. so pages later its obviously good or bad discussion, lol. But discussion anyway, maybe..

And

Where is your haley vid, lol.. I miss it. Where can I get it, lol

Bayz101
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Bayz, but it happens here all the time, lol.. so pages later its obviously good or bad discussion, lol. But discussion anyway, maybe..

And

Where is your haley vid, lol.. I miss it. Where can I get it, lol

http://picchore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1334742_o.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/170477/2dalnac_medium.gif

jwmann2
03-26-2012, 03:41 AM
Who cares what their relationship was anyway? He's retired now, let's move forward.

tanda10506
03-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Who cares what their relationship was anyway? He's retired now, let's move forward.

No no, it's the off season, so are QB's are douchebags and are WR's are ungreatful, we need more threads like this.:chuckle:

Bayz101
03-26-2012, 03:55 AM
No no, it's the off season, so are QB's are douchebags and are WR's are ungreatful, we need more threads like this.:chuckle:

And we're signing every free-agent runningback on the list, too. Good times. Tolbert and Ryan Grant will be great for us next year :chuckle:

tony hipchest
03-26-2012, 06:32 PM
i could be mistaken, but i think ward only addressed ambassador rooney, and in cowheresque fashion failed to even mention the son and president Art II> :hunch:

also, did he leave out batch? i bet he hated him too.

Bayz101
03-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Yeah, and Troy Polamalu didn't even show up to the press conference. Everyone knows he's an asshole :chuckle:

Lord of Lombardi
03-26-2012, 11:29 PM
so what? We have a great franchise QB. Do you want Maddox back? Big deal if he didn't mention him. And its right....Ben did take the higher road when Hines previously made comments. I dont' blame Ben...i wouldn't have shown up either.

Completely agree!! I didn't hear Ben throwing Hines under the bus after Hines went on his drinking binge. We all make mistakes, It's how you respond that defines you.