PDA

View Full Version : Jets Trade For Tebow

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-21-2012, 01:03 PM
Unusually quiet in recent weeks, the New York Jets shattered the calm Wednesday by completing a trade for polarizing quarterback Tim Tebow, the team confirmed.

The Jets will send a fourth-round pick to the Denver Broncos, a source said.

Tebow, a former first-round pick, went on the trading block Monday when the Broncos secured free agent Peyton Manning, who signed a five-year, $96 million contract.

Several teams expressed interest, including Tebow's hometown Jacksonville Jaguars, but the Jets -- perceived as a sleeper at the outset -- pulled off the splashiest trade of the offseason.

Tebow will join a cast of backups behind incumbent Mark Sanchez, but his presence could ignite a quarterback controversy. Cornerback Antonio Cromartie tweeted before the trade that "we don't need Tebow," expressing his confidence in Sanchez and the current roster.

The timing of the trade is curious.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7718133/new-york-jets-acquire-tim-tebow-4th-round-pick-source-says

MasterOfPuppets
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
LMAO @ all the bronco fans that bought tebow jersey's ....:sofunny:

what a dumb,dumb move ... sanchez is already under the gun from NY fans , now ryan will have to hear the tebow chants every time sanchez is stinkin the joint up...which is often. somebody is going to look like an idiot for extending sanchez if he ends up benched in favor of tebow.

TRH
03-21-2012, 01:18 PM
To the biggest joke in the NFL...a franchise in chaos and disorganization. Thats the last thing he needed, i kinda feel bad for him.....the only saving grace is that Sanchez SUCKS and he might be able to pull off stealing a starting job at some point there.

ONCE again....the lowly, fumbling and bumbling Browns, where he should have went and would have been a bigger star, put fannies in the seats, and brought all eyes to a struggling, boring franchise (what this organization NEEDS above all else))......fell asleep at the wheel. They should have been on the phone immediately with Elway as soon as Manning's press conference ended.
Holgrem is doing a terrible job up there. I think i'll send in a job application up to Browns stadium...i certainly could do better.

FanSince72
03-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Here's a reader comment from the online article in "Newsday":

"Now the Jets officially have the worst left handed and right handed quarterbacks in the leauge."

(gotta love the Jet fans!)

MACH1
03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
NY is the perfect place for the tebow circus.

bac151rum
03-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Believe the actual trade is NY's 4th and 6th round picks for Tebow and Denver's 7th round pick.

Fire Arians
03-21-2012, 02:22 PM
wonder if they did that just to block the patriots from picking him up. i don't see how he fits into the NY offense tbh, and even though dirty sanchez sucks, hes still way better than tebow

Bayz101
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Weird....

Bayz101
03-21-2012, 03:05 PM
I find it funny that Jets fans are praising Tebow as if he was the second coming when, before he was a part of their team, they threw him into the fire and made fun of him over the Manning situation. Hypocrites.

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 03:51 PM
LMAO @ all the bronco fans that bought tebow jersey's ....:sofunny:

what a dumb,dumb move ... sanchez is already under the gun from NY fans , now ryan will have to hear the tebow chants every time sanchez is stinkin the joint up...which is often. somebody is going to look like an idiot for extending sanchez if he ends up benched in favor of tebow.

Its really becoming a laughing stock, even the NFL needs a bit of humor.

MACH1
03-21-2012, 03:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/535455_10150784343418465_129446698464_11694605_167 1244743_n.jpg

:toofunny:

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 04:15 PM
What next?.....this guys comin back
http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac360/reds21_2010/jake_plummer.jpg

Atlanta Dan
03-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Believe the actual trade is NY's 4th and 6th round picks for Tebow and Denver's 7th round pick.

Apparently the Broncos added a condition that may blow up the trade

Jets-Broncos agreed to Tim Tebow trade before Denver asked NY to pay back portion of bonuses and salary already paid to Tebow. No deal yet....

in order to complete the trade, the Jets would have to pay back money to Denver, which is believed to be the reason why Jacksonville did not try to complete the trade for Tebow.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/03/21/tim-tebow-to-jets-may-not-happen-due-to-contractual-complications/?sct=hp_t12_a0&eref=sihp

Never a good sign when a team cannot understand something the Jax Jags figured out

What a circus:toofunny:

stb_steeler
03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Cant say that i ever recall this much drama in one season...:sofunny:

TRH
03-21-2012, 04:42 PM
they're saying the deal will likely still happen, unless another team calls right now and gets something done, but man, what a stupid move by the dumb**s organization that is the Jets.
You already have a fragile QB in place as it is...as soon as he overthrows someone or throws an INT, a whole stadium of fans will be shouting TEBOW, TEBOW and the NY media will have a frenzy with it. This just spells DISASTER

FanSince72
03-22-2012, 10:18 AM
http://www.sycaonline.org/images/clown1.jpg

steeltheone
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
What a circus...

steelersflow
03-24-2012, 01:33 PM
Are there enough christians in NY for Tebow to succeed. New York is a cultural melting pot, will he have enough support or does Tebow Mania die?