PDA

View Full Version : Rumblings opening SNF game will be Steelers at Broncos

LayingTheWoodley56
03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Did anyone else see this? http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post?id=44826

Didn't like the news initially (could be a bad spot with a fired up crowd for Peyton's first game there and we'd obviously hate to go 0-1), but then I remembered that we're the Pittsburgh Steelers and we ain't scared of nobody. I say bring it on, we'll kick their fu*king ass on national television for everyone to see that they have to run through us to get to the top of the AFC.

164 days till kickoff Steeler brethren. That number is getting smaller and smaller (albeit at a snail's pace) every day. :tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

StainlessStill
03-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Haha, I called that shit once I saw Denver was on our schedule this season.

scottish_steeler
03-28-2012, 10:55 AM
no better way of getting rid of the bad memories of how last season ended by going their and putting peyton on his back

Millers the sh!t
03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I have a feeling our pumped up defense will end manning career day one!

Steel_Bus_24
03-28-2012, 12:48 PM
I have a feeling our pumped up defense will end manning career day one!

ha, I predict Goodell will announce that a Sniper Team will be setup to shoot to kill if Woodley or Harrison so much as breathes on him

Fire Arians
03-28-2012, 12:49 PM
no better way of getting rid of the bad memories of how last season ended by going their and putting peyton on his back

while a win would be great, im disappointed that we won't be getting to stick it to tebow instead. ive been itching for revenge ever since that last game and it won't be the same if the same qb isn't playing

besides I kinda like peyton, he's a qb i can respect, unlike tebow

StainlessStill
03-28-2012, 01:47 PM
while a win would be great, im disappointed that we won't be getting to stick it to tebow instead. ive been itching for revenge ever since that last game and it won't be the same if the same qb isn't playing

We'll beat Denver on opening day. Even though the Manning signing looks great on paper, people are failing to realize that his health will be a major concern once hit and having a HEALTHY Mr. Harrison & Mr.Woodley to worry about coming off the edge doesn't bode too well for Manning if we are his first test. And that's not even talking about a new system and lacking a full year out of being in football shape.

I agree with the Tebow thing, though. I wanted to destroy his soul and was excited to see that Denver was on the map in 2012. That said, watch us THWART the Manning led Broncos because we will simply play a defense above the 3rd grade level.

bac151rum
03-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Just a reminder that the Jets are on the map this year, too. So we'll get our shot at Tebow. Face it, if we play him mid- to late-season, he'll probably be starting. And we get them at home.

tanda10506
03-28-2012, 03:09 PM

Agreed, but bitch slapping that crowd will be nice too. Denver might be pretty good this year, I think they will win the AFC west without a doubt, but we will stary this season strong.

casteeler
03-28-2012, 05:14 PM
The best part is no Willie Gay to get burned for a TD on the first play of the game....uuhhh,too soon?

zcoop
03-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Let the game begin! It'll be on like popcorn.

Millers the sh!t
03-28-2012, 11:00 PM
The best part is no Willie Gay to get burned for a TD on the first play of the game....uuhhh,too soon?

What about Ike getting burned on the other
TD's?

Millers the sh!t
03-28-2012, 11:01 PM
Let the game begin! It'll be on like popcorn.

Man your post got me fired up for a second.

I can't wait till the games begin.

Bayz101
03-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Man your post got me fired up for a second.

I can't wait till the games begin.

nagger :chuckle:

Season's still months away :banging::applaudit:

Bayz101
03-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Anyone figure out when the schedule is released?

StainlessStill
03-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Anyone figure out when the schedule is released?

Probably the first or second week of April. Defiantly before the draft. Can't wait.:tt04:

Sixburgher
03-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Do people really believe the Steelers will play the Broncos in the opening Sunday night game and Goodell along with NBC will actually pass on the opportunity for another Manning-vs-Brady circle jerk? Not likely.

StainlessStill
03-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Do people really believe the Steelers will play the Broncos in the opening Sunday night game and Goodell along with NBC will actually pass on the opportunity for another Manning-vs-Brady circle jerk? Not likely.

That'll be a middle of the pack, 4:15/Sun Night game in the late season hopin that both teams have a playoff spot on the line and a healthy mid-season Manning.

tony hipchest
03-29-2012, 12:26 AM

i dont think it will be as much to do with the inevitable tom brady suckfest as it will this-

X5Qw0Rvc1wk

DJnKm6ftPu0

your scenario makes sense because the patriots defense are pu$$ies that shy away from contact.

despite penalties and fines, the steelers embrace it.

in all honesty, the steelers are probably better served being "disrespected" with no primetime game for the opening weekend (especially with their youth movement).

Dalarin
03-29-2012, 12:34 AM
Why do we always play Denver in Denver. They do that for a reason. Mcgahee would have sat last years game out if Clark was playing and I would wager that's why he went to Denver. We need to figure out a free safety situation on day one.

tony hipchest
03-29-2012, 12:49 AM
Why do we always play Denver in Denver. They do that for a reason. Mcgahee would have sat last years game out if Clark was playing and I would wager that's why he went to Denver. We need to figure out a free safety situation on day one.

ryan mundy.

Dalarin
03-29-2012, 07:58 AM
ryan mundy.

Fit of rage made me forget he was restricted and tendered this year. We play in Denver almost every year and Clark is such an integral part of our defense and I'm sure he's been licking his chops to play them.

Blackout
03-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I hope it's here in Denver, so I can watch the Steelers play. Sorry fellas.

stb_steeler
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM

By then Goodhell will have them playing flag football.

Danny136200
03-29-2012, 08:05 PM

Dont worry, we play also play the jets this season (I think) we will have our chance on Tebow

Danny136200
03-29-2012, 08:06 PM

QFT

Danny136200
03-29-2012, 08:10 PM
Fit of rage made me forget he was restricted and tendered this year. We play in Denver almost every year and Clark is such an integral part of our defense and I'm sure he's been licking his chops to play them.

I believe the last time Denver was in Pit, was in 06. 07, we played them in denver, 09, played them in denver, 2012 playoffs played them in Denver. Im pretty sure it is suppose to be their turn to come to us, but rule changes made a couple of years ago limited east coast teams' travels to the west coast, i believe.

btaylor179
03-29-2012, 08:35 PM
if we let peyton rule us like frickin tebow did we are in trouble

MaidenIndiana
03-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Sorry but I'm not buying this. I read that Denver was on our schedule as a home game so we couldn't possibly open up with them on SNF

Black N' Yellow
03-30-2012, 06:57 PM
Sorry but I'm not buying this. I read that Denver was on our schedule as a home game so we couldn't possibly open up with them on SNF

Yeah I remember the same thing. Anyone else have a link to the home/away games list handy?

LayingTheWoodley56
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeah I remember the same thing. Anyone else have a link to the home/away games list handy?

We're at Denver next year (somehow). Us as a matchup for them makes sense - a lot of eyeballs on the TV due to the size of Steeler Nation/intrigue with meaning, that's going to be a ratings boon for NBC. Like I said, bring it on! I'd love the first crack at Peyton in orange, especially after what happenedhttp://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/12/pittsburgh-steelers-2012-opponents/ last year.

Bayz101
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM

http://prod.static.steelers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/game%20day/2012_Opponents_300x280.jpg

LayingTheWoodley56
03-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Manning* i meant