PDA

View Full Version : Does Herron have a chance to make the team?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 11:56 PM
With an already crowded backfield full of talent, how much of a chance do you feel Noah has of making the team this year?

Here's an article about him. (http://secure2.steelers.com/article/53157/)

STEEL-MAN
06-08-2005, 10:46 AM
I aways hope all the new people coming in make it, however, not to be! Can the Steelers 2 years in a row find RB's late or from undrafted free agents? Can lighting strike twice in the same spot?

clevestinks
06-08-2005, 01:28 PM
I would think if everyone remains healthy, then he might only have a shot at the practice team, no more than that.

Avoid LLoyd1975
06-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Not a chance....Not even remotely close to a chance. Why are we even wasting our breaths with this kid?

BB2W
06-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Not a chance??? I give him a chance......Parker made the team with like 180 rushing yards as a senior, Noah had like 1,400. I think that alone gives him a chance. I actually think he will make the team. There is room for someone who can double as a back-up FB.

Think about this......He is just like Haynes, they run the same way. They both run straight ahead and very hard. They both hit the hole very quick, and that is great for us because we like to spread the feild, and get it to our RB's on third downs. We run those plays for RB's alot on third down. Both Haynes and Herron have great hands, and if you remember Haynes doubled as the back-up FB his first two years. The same thing they are trying to do with Herron. Haynes is gone, next year is Haynes last year on his contract, and he will likely want a chance to start and more money. Herron is our new Verron.

I wonder if we noticed Herron while scouting Essex, or we found Essex while scouting Herron......

BlitzburghRockCity
06-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Brown was on the practice squad and he slowed alot of flashes in preseason. Parker was too, till he made the team last year. I could see parker and herron fighting it out for a spot possibly.

JerseySTEEL
06-08-2005, 07:54 PM
parker has the 3rd spot in my mind, and herron could be a FB, he did FB in college. so theres always a spot if u play with your heart.

ironcitychef
06-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Which team? NFL game team...probably not. Practice team as a RB or FB with a knowledge of our system. Yes. I see him as a Cushing guy. We like your personality. You take care of us, we take care of you. We will give you every opportunity to prove you desrve a shot, but right now we just like the options you give us so we want to hold on to you right now.

BB2W
06-09-2005, 12:44 AM
and herron could be a FB, he did FB in college. so theres always a spot if u play with your heart.

Herron never played FB in college, he was a TB his whole NCAA career. I think it is in this article, but if not in a recent article he states he has never played FB.

Tha rock
06-09-2005, 01:24 AM
your guys running game is pretty solid no doubt about that, the only question will be the WR corps Hines will be goos as usual but plexico is gone and he was starting over antwan randle el s0o there could be some questions but other than that yopur team is solid in evry aspect except for corner.

rowedf
06-09-2005, 12:59 PM
With the surplus of TE's now, I see Herron as a replacement for cushing. He was our backup full back as well as a TE. I think the addition of Miller and Herron (if he can prove himself) will leave the door open for cushing to be cut.

Tha rock
06-09-2005, 02:07 PM
that could leave some cap open for you.

clevestinks
06-09-2005, 05:50 PM
I still don`t see him being anymore than a practice squad player, unless injuries kill us. :o

Tha rock
06-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Nahh guys on your team arent that prone to injury.

JerseySTEEL
06-09-2005, 07:13 PM
B2W he did play as a FB, i have read it and have seen him play FB. ill try to see if i can dig the article up, but trust me on rookies, i scout more then some teams hehe.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah, he can double as a full back, which is one of the things that the coaches liked about him when they drafted him. That will help his cause ALOT!

BB2W
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
B2W he did play as a FB, i have read it and have seen him play FB. ill try to see if i can dig the article up, but trust me on rookies, i scout more then some teams hehe

Hey Jersey, read the article. He said "I haven't played that at all"......

?Coach Hoak said he will try to get me in at fullback and see what I can do with the coaching, because I haven?t played that at all,? said Herron.

You are gonna lose this debate. He said it himself.....What more do you want. I know plenty about college football. He was a TB at Northwestern, and has never been a lead blocker. In fact, Northwestern runs a spread offense that is usually single-back 3 or 4 wide-outs. Really, there is not a FB at Northwestern......only on short yardage. :hasign:

clevestinks
06-10-2005, 01:51 PM
He still has the size to play FB though, but still aren`t sold on him maling this team

BB2W
06-10-2005, 02:10 PM
He does have the size, and he most likely can play FB, and that is part of the reason they drafted him, but he has not played FB before. He says it himself, plus there is not a FB in Northwestern's offense. They run the single-back spread with 3 or 4 WR's

?I think this is really just getting back to my natural running style,? said Herron. ?For me it took a long time to learn how to be in the spread offense. This is great being back to this pro-style offense. That?s what I ran in high school. It took about two years to really have an understanding for the spread offense. It?s so much different than the I-formation. I am happy to be back in the pro-style offense.?

Tha rock
06-10-2005, 07:09 PM
FBs mostly block anywayz as long as hes a good blocker and average ball handler he should be good.

JerseySTEEL
06-10-2005, 07:54 PM
B2W u said it yourself on shortyardage;) and yes he may not have been labeled a FB but he blocked for a RB in the purple regin. when him and Basanez were sharing the RB dutys.so dont jump up and down just yet .And sry to tell u they have FB's on there roster and have seen film on them using Fb's so your wrong .

BlitzburghRockCity
06-10-2005, 11:02 PM
FBs mostly block anywayz as long as hes a good blocker and average ball handler he should be good.

That's what we use them for.. Lester, Witman, Kreider, they are all role players who know they may get a courtesy carry every couple weeks and in Kreiders case a TD now and then! :D

BB2W
06-11-2005, 11:05 AM
I am not convinced about your knowlege of college football, Brett Basanez played QB.....lol

One more time Jersey.......

?Coach Hoak said he will try to get me in at fullback and see what I can do with the coaching, because I haven?t played that at all,? said Herron.

What more do you want??? I think you are the one who needs some proof, and to say you have seen him play FB is just a lie. You have no credibility.

Of course they have FB's on thier roster but they are not used in thier base offense......

:hyper:

BB2W
06-11-2005, 11:17 AM
Yo Jersey, What are you talking about? More proof (jumping up and down)

Q: Do you have a problem playing fullback at all?

HERRON: No. I haven't ever done it so it's something that I have to get used to doing. I'm just thrilled with the opportunity.

link:
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/05115/494170.stm

I know being wrong sucks, but take this one like a man. :argue:

BB2W
06-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Theres more Jersey........

Q: Obviously, he probably didn't do a whole lot of lead blocking [at Northwestern], being the main ball carrier. Is that something you think he can learn?

HOAK: Yeah. He has the size to do it and the athletic ability to do it. He's never been asked to do it. He does a pretty good job for them, as far as pass protection, but you don't see him do any run blocking. If you remember, when we got Verron [Haynes], that's what we did with Verron his first year. Verron played both spots. He played a little bit of fullback and he played halfback. So we're going to try to do the same thing with him.

You lose.

Statements like:
Haven't played it at all
He has never been asked to do it
you didn't see him do any run-blocking
No, I haven't ever done it

He has never played FB Jersey.......

ironcitychef
06-11-2005, 12:09 PM
If this keeps up, the Blast Furnace is that way...:checkit:

clevestinks
06-11-2005, 12:31 PM
If this keeps up, the Blast Furnace is that way...:checkit:

All over a player who probably won`t make it.LOL

I will root for him though, I like a underdog player. But I like our backfield. So sorry Herron

Ironman
06-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Does Herron have a chance to make the team?

No.

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 02:14 PM
i think B2W has issues lol. how old are? bc u sound like a 5 year old lier lier lier pants on fire lol. dude why the hell would anyone lie, its info for this site. and i dont even know u were here before the draft when i posted my scouting reports to again, i have to say i have seen film on herron blocking for aRB if u go back to his JR year he sahared the load with anthior RB. and after watching film on essax. ill get theses vid on mys erver. then maybe u cans top acting like a 5 year old and grow up .and u still were wrong sayign they dont use FB in the purple regin, bc they do and have them listed on there roster.and i was wron about the name i used i got it form espn. i went to the wrong yera hehe, Jason Wright was th back he blocked for in alot of plays.and so u dont keep sounding like a broken record, we can agree to disagree. untill i get tose vids up for u. and as for my
credibility in question, who had the scouting reports for rookies this year. oh ya me i wathc 10 hours of film for the draft. bc i write for my college news paper.

BB2W
06-11-2005, 02:26 PM
OMG, You have got to be kidding me Jersey. You don't know when to give up do you.......

You started the name-calling, a classic sign of no knowlege or facts to prove your point......weak!

There is FB's on everyones roster, but it is not used in their base offense. They run a single-back.

You say you have seen him block for a RB?.......Then this is my favorite quote.

Q: Obviously, he probably didn't do a whole lot of lead blocking [at Northwestern], being the main ball carrier. Is that something you think he can learn?

HOAK: Yeah. He has the size to do it and the athletic ability to do it. He's never been asked to do it. He does a pretty good job for them, as far as pass protection, but you don't see him do any run blocking.

He has never done any run-blocking.

Are you done now :flipoff: You are wrong Jersey, let it go.

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 02:59 PM
I am not convinced about your knowlege of college football, Brett Basanez played QB.....lol

One more time Jersey.......

What more do you want??? I think you are the one who needs some proof, and to say you have seen him play FB is just a lie. You have no credibility.
Of course they have FB's on thier roster but they are not used in thier base offense......

:hyper:

HOAK: Yeah. He has the size to do it and the athletic ability to do it. He's never been asked to do it. He does a pretty good job for them, as far as pass protection, but you don't see him do any run blocking.
:hyper:- they were asking the RB coach not him, if they did would they would know he didnt do a whole lot but he did run block.

B2W, i was trying to be the bigger man . but u need to wait untill i upload these vid on my server, then we can fight and i say your wrong. what namecalling? oh u mean when u called me lier and i have no cerdit? i just love how u tired to turn it back on me by saying i started the name calling if u look at what u said in 6 posts u can see who was the lil man ;). but as i say again we can agree to disagree, untill i upload the vids. but till then how about u grow up a lil and try to be a bigger man and wait. lol

clevestinks
06-11-2005, 03:09 PM
Boys , boys, slow down. And fight , I mean play nice. We are all Steelers fans here. Lets save the insults for BKA, and HW and there is a new piece of crap I mean browmie fan in the house. Lets use up the insults on them. LOL :D

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 03:10 PM
exactly clev, but i think B2W has issues lol.

BB2W
06-11-2005, 03:12 PM
This is joke. How do you expect me to believe you know Herron's career better than himself, or coach Hoak? I do think you lie alot......sorry. You watch hours of film, and scout more than some teams.lol You should know Basanez was the QB after watching that much film......You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper. It must be weekly paper, cause it would take at least that long for spell-checker to finish one of your write-ups. I do think you lie, I have posted multiple facts and quotes to prove my point. Go get your "film" lol. I am done now.

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 03:25 PM
:blah: This is joke. How do you expect me to believe you know Herron's career better than himself, or coach Hoak? I do think you lie alot......sorry. You watch hours of film, and scout more than some teams.lol You should know Basanez was the QB after watching that much film......You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper. It must be weekly paper, cause it would take at least that long for spell-checker to finish one of your write-ups. I do think you lie, I have posted multiple facts and quotes to prove my point. Go get your "film" lol. I am done now. :blah:

Wow i guess i was right u do have issues.like i said iam the bigger man will wait till i get my proof, I wont do any name calling like u have done on every post. and this was my scout report on Noah for my collegepaper" spellchecker pro " hehe. so your insults wont work and dont make any sense.all qutoes are from the same site, so u only have 1 source not multiple. and the college paper isnt a big paper its a local college paper and run by students its more for fun then anything.and i said i pasted the wrong name so grow up a lil.after what i see from your post, u have issues and u might want to seek help for them .

http://www.nflfans.com/draft/images/2005/big10/northwestern/herron.jpg
Noah herron: A versatile back who is the heir apparent to Jason Wright ... Like Wright was, Herron is an excellent receiver, solid blocker and strong rusher ... His skills give the NU offensive coaches a lot of flexibility when designing and calling plays ... Has some of the best hands on the team ... Has great ability to find the crease and seams of a defense ... True, proven offensive leader ... Has 1,804 career all-purpose yards and 1,143 career rushing yards ... Averaging 6.1 yards per career rush ... Scored 13 career TDs (12 rush, one receiving). 2003: NU's Thomas Airth Spirit Award recipient ... Registered four 100-yard rushing efforts this year ... Three of his four 100-yard games came in Big Ten play ... Averaged 69.5 ypg and 5.7 ypc in the eight Big Ten games--the 10th-best rushing average in Big Ten-only statistics ... His 5.7 ypc average was the second-best in league-play behind Minnesota's Marion Barber III (5.9 ypc) ... Finished 11th in Big Ten rushing overall (56.8 ypg) ... NU's second-leading scorer (36 pts.) ... With Wright and Terrell Jordan ailing, came up with a career-best 180-yard rushing effort (35 carries) against Penn State ... Rushed for a previous career best (104 yards) vs. Wisconsin ... Averaged 9.5 yards per carry against the stout Badger defense ... One of his long runs was a 20-yard scamper off a fake field-goal attempt that set up NU's final touchdown of the day ... Also had three catches for 35 yards vs. Wisconsin ... Closed the regular season with a "quiet" 163 yards (9.6 ypc) against Illinois ... His effort, along with Wright's 251 rushing yards, was the top one-two rushing performance in school history ... Had one of his season's top games at Duke: four rushes for 100 yards, which included a 69-yard TD run ... Recorded his first career TD reception against Air Force--a 20-yard scoring play ... Also scored a rushing TD vs. the Falcons ... Set a single-game best with 67 receiving yards vs. Air Force ... 27 rushing yards and 4 receiving yards at OSU ... 20 rushing yards and 29 receiving yards vs. Minnesota ... Totaled 37 all-purpose yards at Indiana ... Had 36 rushing yards, 13 receiving yards and a rushing TD at Purdue ... Led team with 58 receiving yards (four catches) against Michigan ... Also had 15 rushing yards vs. U-M ... Ran for 80 yards (6.7 ypr) and two TD's vs. Bowling Green in the Motor City Bowl. 2002: Second on team in rushing (30.4 ypg, 5.5 ypc) and rushing TDs (seven) ... Team's seventh-leading receiver with 15 receptions (12.3 ypr) ... Totaled a season- and game-high 54 receiving yards (three catches) vs. Purdue ... Added 17 rushing yards vs. the Boilermakers ... Had a season-best effort at Navy: 95 yards (16 att.) and three TDs ... Rushed for 7 yards at Air Force ... Totaled 9 yards vs. TCU ... 13 rushing yards and a 7-yard catch vs. Duke ... Four carries for 46 yards and a TD at Michigan State ... Averaged 9.7 ypc (on nine attempts) and scored two TDs at Minnesota ... Three receptions for 20 yards at Penn State ... Had 45 rushing yards and a career-long 33-yard catch vs. Indiana ... 50 rushing and receiving yards vs. Illinois. 2001: Played in season's first eight games, mostly on special teams ... Did get to carry the ball in two games: Duke (2 for 28 yards) and Indiana (1 for 11 yards) ... With three games left in the season, suffered a stress fracture to his foot during practice ... Registered five special teams tackles. 2000: Redshirted. High School: 15th-ranked running back in Midwest by PrepStar ... 56th-rated running back nationally by Rivals100.com ... Detroit Free Press Top 25 ... Associated Press all-state ... Three-time first-team all-conference ... As a senior, missed first three games with ankle injury but recovered to rush for 842 yards (8.3 yards per carry) and 19 TDs ... Also played linebacker, with 36 tackles and five blocked kicks ... For his career, ran for 5,544 yards and scored 92 TDs ... Team achieved 26-4 record during his tenure ... Averaged 20 ppg for the fourth-ranked basketball team in the state. Personal: Born Noah Scott Herron on 4/3/82 ... Son of Ron and Shawn Herron ... Communication studies major.

Pros: Excellent size, smart runner, good hands catching the ball, punishing runner.
Cons: no burst but plodding.

BB2W
06-11-2005, 03:37 PM
He has never played FB.

Go get your "film" Jeresy lol......

Why is everyone so sensitive around here? It was just a debate. Jersey will be okay, his feelings are not hurt. Sometimes debates get heated when to men are flexing their football knowlege. It does not have to be so "hey buddy" all the time when talking sports.

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 03:44 PM
ya i agree B2W, he hasnt started or been labeled a FB, but has done the FB job on the field, he has blocked at times for wright. so i dont know what issues u have but u should seek help for anger mangment lol.nobodys sensittive around here, its just that your crazy lol.and yes your still wrong B2W. hehe

oh and by the way werent u the one saying name calling is let me see hwat u said.
"the name-calling, a classic sign of no knowlege or facts to prove your point......weak!" so learn from your own words and grow up ;).

oh and dont be mad bc my sig is better . ;)

BB2W
06-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Go get your video, he said it himself he has never run blocked. Hoak said he has never run-blocked.

Go get your "film".......There is no film is there.

I cant beleive we are still doing this. Go get the "film" and prove me wrong right now, please.

Ahhhh, the truth comes out. I see you have some underlying issues about me making sigs for everyone. The one you are sporting now is alright, but the others were garbage. I like mine much better, sry. just go get the film.

JerseySTEEL
06-11-2005, 04:24 PM
it was a joke man dont cry lol. he never said he didnt run block the coach did ;). anyway i will have it about 1-2weeks when i get back to college and put it up on the server.until then we can agree to disagree.and why the hell would i have a issue with u making sigs , it was a joke lol. and anyway if u think your sig is better thats your right but it was a joke and u have some issues u need help with, u should seek a therapist as soon as possible.

ironcitychef
06-12-2005, 12:13 AM
This is joke...You write for a college newspaper, a month ago you couldn't spell newpaper.

Well said gentlemen.

BRC, has HW emailed you yet to cry about why this wasn't moved to the BF days ago? LOL...as for us being sensative again, thats why we set up a designated spot to have debates in. You want to name call then do it there and then come back and just let us know if he is a FB or a RB. By this time he may have played some CB, too. Let's move on...