7. Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State
7. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
7. Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson

devin7558
03-30-2012, 09:44 PM
likes: luke kuechly, alameda taamu, coty sensabaugh, chad diehl
dislikes: brandon washington, trenton robinson
indifferent: mitchell schwartz

the more i think about the players in this particular draft (coupled with the fact that we talk so much about our team "needs" that its easy to lose sight of the bigger picture) it has occured to me that the needs are across the board everywhere. whether its depth or a potential starter we could use: WR,RB,TE,QB,OL, DL/NT, LB's,CB, FS....to me the steelers should just take the BPA every round and plug it in as depth. just compete for ALL the starters at NEED positions in camp.

sorry for the rant

Kingmagyar
03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Kuechly was mocked as low as 32 on one draft but boy I don't know I think he is gone as high as 12 to Seattle. If we are after Kuechly's type then Hightower would not be the alternative. Guys like Mychal Kendricks or even Zach Brown may be instead.

If Ta'amu is there at the end of the 2nd we have to wonder if we got lucky or is there a reason for that. I was amazed we got Limas Sweed in the 2nd one year.

If we got Kuechly and Ta'amu I would be pretty happy though. Like jump out of the recliner and spill my Nachos Bell Grande happy. But I probably would be as happy if we say got T Jonathan Martin and Ta'amu.

And as much as I'd like a Fullback the team seems to be sticking with that H-back type with the signing of Will Johnson and the retaining of David Johnson and Jamie McCoy although Chad Diehl is of H-back size but no where near as good a pass catcher. (had no rec last year) Emil Igwenagu in the 7th might be a better option and more of a H-back if we even still need to draft one.

One thing for sure this year is going to be a hard draft to mock because they could go in so many different directions and even get players out of position to play other positions. Zack Brown OLB could be picked as a ILB for instance. Stuff like that.

Dalarin
03-30-2012, 11:24 PM
likes: luke kuechly, alameda taamu, coty sensabaugh, chad diehl
dislikes: brandon washington, trenton robinson
indifferent: mitchell schwartz

the more i think about the players in this particular draft (coupled with the fact that we talk so much about our team "needs" that its easy to lose sight of the bigger picture) it has occured to me that the needs are across the board everywhere. whether its depth or a potential starter we could use: WR,RB,TE,QB,OL, DL/NT, LB's,CB, FS....to me the steelers should just take the BPA every round and plug it in as depth. just compete for ALL the starters at NEED positions in camp.

sorry for the rant
Brandon Washington is the most physically gifted guard prospect in the draft. He needs to work on technique a bit but he is easily worthy of a third even second round pick and I would love to have him on the team. I really like the way this mock plays out. It fills all needs with great players and adds good depth.

cbrunn
03-31-2012, 11:15 AM
i think there 3 players they wouldn't hesitate taking if they feel ... poe, luke, and martin are them guys ...

i like the idea of taking 2 OL ... personally i'd go OL second and chapman in the 3rd

not to sure about 5-7 ...i know they like Robison but he's to small to guard these bigger TE and WR the league i really hope they pass on him... and look at brandon hardin at the S position
please give me LB marcus dowtin in the 6th ... i think our CB are ok and can get somebody in the 7th
i don't really like taking a FB i know alot of ppl want to go back to "ground and pound" ... i just don't think you pay ben elite QB money to "ground and pound" , you got to give ben weapons if your going to pay him that much money

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-31-2012, 02:22 PM
I dont think that Schwartz will last to the 4th, but if he does, then I like him. Reminds me of Jon Runyan...not athletic, but a big solid RT that should hold down that spot for a decade. Apparantly Schwartz was one of the most intelligent players at the combine.

MasterOfPuppets
03-31-2012, 02:56 PM
I dont think that Schwartz will last to the 4th, but if he does, then I like him. Reminds me of Jon Runyan...not athletic, but a big solid RT that should hold down that spot for a decade. Apparantly Schwartz was one of the most intelligent players at the combine.
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Space-Balls-May-Schwartz-you-Button-/23/%21CEvl7Dw%212k%7E$%28KGrHqUOKjcE0%29%28kC1QRBNS0K k5ubQ%7E%7E_35.JPG

Kingmagyar
03-31-2012, 04:15 PM
Don't know too much about Coty Sensabaugh but a guy I like for the Steelers maybe in the 5th is

Keith Tandy WVU CB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csZRw1BPJWY

fujirama24
03-31-2012, 06:14 PM
1. Luke Kuechly, ILB, Boston College
2. Alameda Ta'amu, NT, Washington
3. Brandon Washington, G, Miami
4. Mitchell Schwartz, OT, California
5. Trenton Robinson, FS, Michigan State
6. Coty Sensabaugh, CB, Clemson
7. Edwin Baker, RB, Michigan State
7. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia
7. Chad Diehl, FB, Clemson

Nice draft but I have it.
RD1-Johnathon Martin-OT-Stanford
RD-2 Brandon Brooks-OG-Miami (OH)
RD3-Josh Chapman-NT-Alabama
RD4-Vontez Burfict-LB-Arizona State
RD5-Derek Wolfe-DE-Cincinatti
RD6-Chris Rainey-WR/RB-Flordia
RD7a-Justin Bethel-CB-Presbyterian College
RD7b-Art Forst-OG/OT-Rutgers
RD7c-Chad Diehl-FB-Clemson
RD7d-Danny Hrapmann-K-Southern Miss

fujirama24
03-31-2012, 06:41 PM
Nice draft but I have it.
RD1-Johnathon Martin-OT-Stanford
RD-2 Brandon Brooks-OG-Miami (OH)
RD3-Josh Chapman-NT-Alabama
RD4-Vontez Burfict-LB-Arizona State
RD5-Derek Wolfe-DE-Cincinatti
RD6-Chris Rainey-WR/RB-Flordia
RD7a-Justin Bethel-CB-Presbyterian College
RD7b-Art Forst-OG/OT-Rutgers
RD7c-Chad Diehl-FB-Clemson
RD7d-Danny Hrapmann-K-Southern Miss

Here's a little about my Mock. Martin is a big OT that can start a RT and if Gilbert doesn't do very well next year at LT martin could switch postions in 2013. Brooks attacks the person in front of him decent footwork. Chapman could have been a 1st round guy but has had Knee injuries. Burfict was considered a top 15 pick until his implode during the offseason. He didn't run well at the combine and it is said he didn't interview very well either. Wolfe is a guy I really like, I watched him alot doing his career and was very impressed. We could do much worse. Rainer could start out on special teams taking antonio browns spot. He could play slot reciever down the road. Bethel is an underrated small college corner. He has decent speed and plays the run very well. FROST is a project type guy who should be a swing man on the offensive line. Chad Diehl is a great lead blocker. HRAPMANN had a good career with good medium range kicks, has kick field goals over 50 and has had multiple touch backs on kickoffs.

19ward86
03-31-2012, 07:46 PM
I like it but Luke wont be there. Hightower instead.

Dalarin
04-01-2012, 05:57 AM
I like it but Luke wont be there. Hightower instead.

The whole world is high on Hightower and question marks are being put on Luke. I can see it playing out. Plus Luke is a much better fit for our defense.

cbrunn
04-01-2012, 06:17 AM
alot of steeler fans are infuated with hightower

devin7558
04-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Brandon Washington is the most physically gifted guard prospect in the draft. He needs to work on technique a bit but he is easily worthy of a third even second round pick and I would love to have him on the team. I really like the way this mock plays out. It fills all needs with great players and adds good depth.

how do you figure? his talent doesnt jump off the film at you, hes solid but not spectacular in any one phase of the game. hes 6'3 320 so physically hes about average in measurables. i just think there are a hand full of OL prospects who are better where we'd be picking him. that said if he fell id be very interested.

Dalarin
04-02-2012, 10:13 PM
how do you figure? his talent doesnt jump off the film at you, hes solid but not spectacular in any one phase of the game. hes 6'3 320 so physically hes about average in measurables. i just think there are a hand full of OL prospects who are better where we'd be picking him. that said if he fell id be very interested.

He plays fast and incredibly strong. Not a guy that plays for pancakes but lifts the man in front of him and takes him for a ride in the ground game. He has excellent agility for his size and has no problem with his kick slide. He was the shining star on a very good Miami offensive line the past 2 seasons.

devin7558
04-02-2012, 11:30 PM
hes a good player but i dont think hes on the same level as zeitler, osemele, silatolu and jeff allen. he was used out of position at miami at LT and had soooo many problems against speed rushers and players that could anchor well or win the hands battle. good in the run game but not so good in pass coverage.

thats a typical steeler guard...but that needs to change. i dont think he will be able to handle the speed stunts inside in the nfl. i see that as a big weakness.