PDA

View Full Version : Steelers announce 80th anniversary plans

mesaSteeler
04-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Steelers announce 80th anniversary plans
April 2, 2012 4:55 pm

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Five years after year-long celebrations in honor of their 75th anniversary, the Steelers will mark their 80th season in the National Football League by declaring it "The year of the Fan."

Today, they announced some of what the team terms a "broad range of events and festivites that will celebrate the legacy of the team, its players and its fans."

Among those:

The Steelers Fan Image Season Ticket Design Contest gives fans a chance to be on the face of Steelers' tickets for the 2012 season. Starting today through April 20, fans can submit a 15-second video on Steelers.com with their three words about "My Pittsburgh Steelers."

On April 23, 80 finalists will be revealed, with the 10 grand prize winners announced at the Steelers Fan Blitz at Heinz Field on April 28. Along with their image on the tickets, the 10 winners will also receive four tickets to a game, pregame hospitality, on-field pregame field passes, a $100 Steelers gift card and participation in the Terrible Towel twirl on the sidelines before kickoff.

At the Steelers Fan Blitz, fans can purchase 80th season merchandise at all Steelers Sideline stores and will have a chance to win prizes every half hour, including 80th season items.

First Published 2012-04-02 16:42:46

Lady Steel
04-04-2012, 12:53 AM
The Steelers Fan Image Season Ticket Design Contest gives fans a chance to be on the face of Steelers' tickets for the 2012 season. Starting today through April 20, fans can submit a 15-second video on Steelers.com with their three words about "My Pittsburgh Steelers."

Sounds like a cool idea. Is anyone from Steelers Fever going to submit a video? If so, please feel free to share it with us also, and good luck! :hope:

StainlessStill
04-04-2012, 01:42 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. Is anyone from Steelers Fever going to submit a video? If so, please feel free to share it with us also, and good luck! :hope:

I am in a couple days. Will post when I have it ready to rock.

StainlessStill
04-04-2012, 04:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WShXypnN9Ds&list=UUAUmRCamZn3qJkHXxkunnkw&index=1&feature=plcp

My video. Not to happy with how the sound compressed down within' youtube or the Toute social networking software that is being used, but it'll have to do.