PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati running back Pead visiting Steelers

mesaSteeler
04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Cincinnati running back Pead visiting Steelers

By Scott Brown
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Steelers are meeting with University of Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead today at their South Side practice facility.

Pead rushed for 1,259 yards and 12 touchdowns last season, and his stock has only risen since he concluded a decorated career at Cincinnati. The 5-10, 197-pounder won offensive MVP honors at the Senior Bowl in January, and he ran a 4.47 in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

The Steelers interviewed Pead at the Combine, and coach Mike Tomlin said last week that the team will add at least one running back through free agency or the draft.

Pead is considered one of the top running backs in a class that has only one surefire first-round pick in Alabama's Trent Richardson.

Scott Brown can be reached at sbrown@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

Read more: Cincinnati running back Pead visiting Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_789641.html#ixzz1r1kexlai

Kingmagyar
04-04-2012, 07:14 AM
This guy in the open field is amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SnRiOMCj7c&feature=related

WokeUpWithaWoodley
04-04-2012, 11:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy67p2raIqY

Doesnt look anything better than what we already have. Remember don't watch highlight videos, watch actual game footage to scout a player.

WokeUpWithaWoodley
04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Also ran out of the shotgun most of the time, something steelers dont do often

surcalifero
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
The Steelers have six running backs on the roster. Unless they plan to cut 2 or 3 running backs, the Steelers should focus on OL, CB, S, ILB, DL. I would rather see the Steelers go after a QB or K than to select a running back. Leftwich and Dixon will be gone and Swisham is nothing special.

devin7558
04-04-2012, 04:42 PM

my biggest concern. the OL splits in the gun are wide and he had lots of space to work with. looks like a 3rd down back to me. great in the open field but the steelers will have to work to get him into those situations. that said a 3rd or 4th rd pick that could turn out to be a steal someday

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Pead would be a solid pickup in the 3rd or 4th round. Finishes runs well, good receiver and I think has some kickoff return capabilities too.

Fire Arians
04-04-2012, 08:27 PM

When we did, we had success, but you know arians loved that empty backfield shotgun set.

cbrunn
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
no RB ...if any a late round ... let the stable of RB get their chance

Kingmagyar
04-05-2012, 10:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy67p2raIqY

Doesnt look anything better than what we already have. Remember don't watch highlight videos, watch actual game footage to scout a player.

Pead averaged 5.3 yards per carry rushed for 1,259 yards and scored 12 touchdowns. He also caught 39 passes for 319 yards. There must be some actual game footage with those kinds of stats. He is also projected to be drafted no later then the 3rd round putting him in the top 100 players drafted. And one thing he has that is better then what we already have is a 4.41 40 time.

I've said this before about are running backs and their 40 times:

Redman 4.76
Dwyer 4.59
Clay 4.83
Batch 4.50
Spann 4.52

We need speed at the position and apparently the team thinks so because they did a private interview with him at the combine and now have brought him in for an interview. Could be a ruse, but I think they would love to have him or any of the faster backs like Robert Turbin catching screen passes or running out of the shotgun on 3rd downs.

Corey_J
04-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Pead averaged 5.3 yards per carry rushed for 1,259 yards and scored 12 touchdowns. He also caught 39 passes for 319 yards. There must be some actual game footage with those kinds of stats. He is also projected to be drafted no later then the 3rd round putting him in the top 100 players drafted. And one thing he has that is better then what we already have is a 4.41 40 time.

I've said this before about are running backs and their 40 times:

Redman 4.76
Dwyer 4.59
Clay 4.83
Batch 4.50
Spann 4.52

We need speed at the position and apparently the team thinks so because they did a private interview with him at the combine and now have brought him in for an interview. Could be a ruse, but I think they would love to have him or any of the faster backs like Robert Turbin catching screen passes or running out of the shotgun on 3rd downs.

I wouldnt mind them cutting this list a lil bit down for a player of this guys calliber if we can wait to get him in the 3rd rnd :tt02:

pancake
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I think we need to draft our future RB. I don't think this is the guy, would rather have a guy around 220 and in 3rd round or later.